Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.....
    I was looking for a forum that talks about old games and came acroos this site. Looks really good compared to the other sites. I'm 25 and in the past few months I missed the games I grew up with so I've started collecting, so far I have a nes with 32 games, snes with 20 games and a genesis with 23 games. I'll be pretty active I'm really liking this site.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Its a me

Heya guys, Mike here n just thought I'd hop on here and introduce myself. I started gaming with the Atari but never really got into em until I got addicted to the NES for a long time. I've owned probably ever single type of video game system ever released here n am still collecting. Lately I've been posting a few of my items that I just dont know why I have (helly empty game boxes/manuals and a bunch of games as well). A friend of mine showed me this board about a year and a half ago (maybe more) but I never really got on and checked it out but it is definitely a tight place

Out of curiousity ne one know what happened to the site videogamebible.com ? He used to post on there all the time he said but now it says it is closed till earlier this year. hmm ah well. talk to ya'll lata

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys. My name is Jason and I'm 27. I'm mainly a Nintendo fan. My collection is mostly NES and N64, but I have quite a few SNES and GCN games also. My ultimate goal is a totally complete NES cart collection (US releases at least). I plan to get all the N64 titles eventually also, but the NES is my main focus for now. I recently added another NES test cart to the collection (the control deck cart), so I'm only missing one now (the NTF2 cart). Needless to say, I've been pretty excited the past couple of days . I love the site and the message boards are awesome. I'm really looking forward to being part of the community here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intro

I like templates, so let's go with this:

- Who you are
    My name's Rob. I'd say more, but the sections below seem to be more appropriate for the type of stuff I'd usually put in this section.

- Where you live
    I live in Round Rock, TX (suburb of Austin.) I live with my wife of 2 years and our baby girl of 3 months, Madison... oh yeah, and our stupid cat, Montana.

- How you found the forums
    I think I was searching for a complete list of Dreamcast games a couple of years ago. I never really visited the forums though.

- What your favorite games are
    Some of my favorites include (in no particular order): Final Fantasy 3 (SNES), Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper Fighting (Arcade), Herzog Zwei (Genesis), Quake III Arena (PC) and Super Puyo Puyo (SFC).

- What systems you collect for
    Right now I'm focused mostly on 1990's US consoles. I pretty much have every single 1990's US console hooked up to 1 TV in my game room. At last count I had 980+ games for all systems. I also own 3 arcade cabinets (Killer Instinct, Neo Geo 4 slot, and SF2 Hyper Fighting.)

- What you do in "real life"
    If you're referring to work. I work at IBM Austin. On Linux power server performance. I won't bore you. If you're referring to stuff that's not video games. I've been holding weekly low-stakes Texas Hold 'Em games at my house once a week for the past 18 months or so. I'm a big Spurs fan. I watch a minimal amount of TV (I only record Penn & Teller's: BS). I do like oddball/foreign/indy movies though. I golf once or twice a month. I used to skate(board), but I tore 2 ligaments in my right knee last year. The replaced my ACL in December, and it still doesn't feel healthy enough to return to the skate park.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Nothing too interesting. How does anybody start? You just kinda start wanting to play those kick ass games from the good ol' days, right?

I would like to add that if you live in the Austin area and you're into gaming, poker or art/indy/b movies, you should really contact me. I maintain an email list of about 50 like minded people in the area. We usually get together at least once a week. Good times.

-Rob

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Ken

- Where you live
    Chicago, Illinois

Just surfed in.

Gyruss, Galaga, Millipede, Black Widow, Major Havoc, Tempest, Pooyan, Time Pilot, Xiaolin's Road, Kung Fu, Tiger Heli, PinBot, Space Harrier, Outrun, Qix, Narc, Timber, Xenophobe, Pit Fighter, Smash TV, Robotron: 2084, Bubbles, Defender, Sinistar, Rampage, Rampage World Tour, Balloon Fight, Elevator Acton

I own a Playstation 2 where I can play PS1 games besides the PS2 games.

I'm unemployed, because I'm disabled

I began my gaming collection with the Atari 5200 (1986-1987), NES (1986-1999), Game Boy (1989-1997), Sega Genesis (1991-1998), Playstation (1997-2002) & now the Playstation 2 (2002-present). I've been playing videogames for 19 years & I've beaten 391 of them so far.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default nintendo owns you!

hey i think i posted here but i dont remember!

name- paul
    sex-male
    age - 22
    occupation - own my own video game store

interests- 80's toys collecting video games and memrobilia going to shows!

come to my store! lahaska pa near new hope pa 45 mins north of philly!

www.hotgames2go.com check site!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Sam, 23 years old and I grew up on the NES.

As a kid I was a rabid Nintendo fanboy but have mallowed and realise every system has games that are worth playing. I'm obsessed with games as I guess must be a common symptom here. I love to play, collect, talk, write and buy games - just wish I had more money to do this last one with.

I'm in New Zealand which is a PAL country but games are quite hard to get/pricey here a lot of the time. Been lurking here for months - look forward to contributing to some topics.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

My name is Eric , I'm 36 years young! Thats right, old people play video games too :P

I love my Atari 8bit computer & playing games like zork on it!

My systems are 130xe, 2600jr, nes famicom, dreamcast, halo green xbox & mame for pc!

when i was younger, I could not be beat when playing NES tecmo bowl, or blades of steel. I mastered every trick with those games back then

With sega genesis, I would gamble playing 94madden, It was a cool thing to do & a way to back up just how good you thought you were/are

In the Arcades
    ive played asteroids over 12hrs straight on 1 quarter and my family members would back me up on that!

Thats me the gamer! EricB
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Hello People i am Chris

- Where you live
    Just outside of Toronto

i was looking for some info about my "NEW" Colecovision

hell i love em all

i have a NES, and a SNES, i just Scored a Colecovision with 3 standard and 2 super (gun like ones) controles for $5.00
    I want to get more systems ( i want one of everyone) and i need more coleco games (all i have is Donkie Kong)

I am a Security Officer "Insert Rent-A-Cop Joke here"

My GF and I both Love the Old systems, and the fact that My NES still has my Soul......

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I am SSJ3. I love anime and gaming, maybe thats why I am here, I am not really good at introductions. My friend Crush Crawfish recommend how great this site is and well, he was 110% correct.

Later

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I am Sascha, and I am here new!
    I am now 15, and live in Amsterdam (The Netherlands).
    My favorietes games are: Puzzle Loop, Pac Man and Super Mario Bros 3.
    My English isn't very good, so don't screem to me that I make mistakes!
    If you want to know more about me, just ask!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default me

HI I am dr.wario I just want to say that I AM threld 2 be here
    IN A.D. 2101
    WAR WAS BEGINNING.
    CAPTAIN: WHAT HAPPEN ?
    MECHANIC: SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB.
    OPERATOR: WE GET SIGNAL.
    CAPTAIN: WHAT !
    OPERATOR: MAIN SCREEN TURN ON.
    CAPTAIN: IT'S YOU !!
    CATS: HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
    CATS: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.
    CATS: YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION.
    CAPTAIN: WHAT YOU SAY !!
    CATS: YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.
    CATS: HA HA HA HA ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Wow, its been all this time and I have never even had a formal introduction. Oh well, here goes. My name is Matt and I hail from a small lil town called Mount Holly. Its in North Carolina, and is about 20 miles north of uptown Charlotte. I am 26 years old, and a graduate of Western Carolina University with a BSBA in Computer Information Systems. I was just recently married to a wonderful woman (and college sweetheart) this past december. Her name is Kelly, but for the remainder of my stay here on DP, she will be referred to as "Wifey". We have 2 "children", one Jack Russel Terrier named Roxie, and a Pekenise name Sunni. Since being laid off from my last job, I have become a contract "Network Analyst" at my current job. I dont have a large collection, but I do collect enough to keep me interested. I am currently into complete NES Tengen games and complete SMS games. I do collect a bit of everything tho. I am somewhat active on eBay as well, selling and buying under the name "Mattiekrome". HELLO EVERYONE

PSN: SouthRox

Insert Coin (Level 0) Windy Miller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Aloha everyone, I'm Nick.

- Where you live
    United Kingdom.

I've been lurking for a few months & finally decided to join in.

Puzzle games..

Currently collecting for the Gameboy, although if a puzzle game takes my fancy, i'll buy the console to go with it.

Currently between jobs.

I've been playing games since 1978, but had a brief break between 1987-1994 when I started my first job.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mills

name's mills

I live in Elgin, IL, im 21 years old. I lived in Boston for the first 20 years of my life. I live with my girlfriend and I just started collecting games again.

I started playing at the age of 4. When I was a kid I had two NES's, two SNES's, every new gameboy when they came out, an atari 2600, a sega genesis, a TG16, multiple tiger handhelds, NP and GP magazines, toys, etc etc etc. As I got older I sold it all or traded for newer games, this I deeply regret, I just started again this year and I no have about 65 NES games, A Top loading NES original. an SNES and about 36 games. I have the box for Final Fantasy 3 but no cart. Shadowrun cart only mint, arkanoid DOh it again mint cart only. My favorites in my NES collection are Crash N the boys street challenge mint cartridge, and the Metroid cart with yellow sticker. As my colelcting is in its early stages I'm not looking to buy any super expensive rares, that is unless I find them really cheap, I'm just trying to find games that I love to play. Liek Zombies ate my neighbors.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all.

Im Martin from Surrey U.K

26 years old and been with my other half for 2 years now.

Well into my sega and have quite alot of games and systems floating about (and no space to store it all!)

Glad I found this place, talk to you all soon.

Beardy out..............

p.s Visit my website if you can. Find it at www.giantleap.tk

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi There!

Hi, My Name's Tony, I live in Manchester, UK and my job is not that interesting so i won't talk about it. Been looking on DP for a number of months now for reference purposes and finally decided to join the Forums.

I got into computer games about 14 years ago when I got a Sega Megadrive with Sonic for my birthday and have been playing every since. I sold my Megadrive to get a PSX in 1998 and then decided to get another Megadrive about 2 & 1/2 years ago as i wanted to play sonic again. Every since then i been collecting Sega Games when ever i see them.

Systems I current have are, in no particular order - Megadrive, Master System, Game Gear, 32X, Saturn, Mega CD, X-Box and Playstation, PS2.

Game wise I've collected a near complete set of PAL megadrive games (minus cover variations and specials items), PAL Mega CD games and PAL 32X games (except Darxide and Primal Rage of course).

Additionally I been picking up old Sega magazines such as Mean Machines Sega, Sega Pro and Sega Power.

Currently playing through Resident Evil 2 in PSX and Maximo Vs. Army of Zin on Playstation 2.

Tony :)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, Lost Dream here.

Been told about this place by people at assembler, so thought I'd take a look

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, there CitizenSnowman here.

Ive been a lurker for quite awhile, just decided I would join in on all the forum action today. I collect for SNES, GG, and a little GB and GBA. Im also a big fan of collecting Nintendo Power magazines and really obscure video game memorabilia.

Im currently playing through the Metal Slug series....mmm I just cant get enough.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. I'm mcgladds.

I found this place on a big list of large forums about anything and everything, and when I saw "Retrogaming Roundtable".. well, there was no way I couldn't click on that.

Games : Contra I and ONLY I, SMB3, Zelda's (all of them), and Kung Fu. I know Kung Fu.
    Tastyapplestshirts.com is not for the weak.