Page 56 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm only here to play a few games and as my housemate is on DP. I think that's it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ladies, gentlemen,

I happend upon this joint in my pursuit of classic gaming community. It appears I've found what I'm looking for. NES is my gal, but I can appriciate other dames. I respect my elders and hope I can teach something to someone younger. Classy site if I've ever seen one; perpetuation of the legacy is always on my menu.
    Just a fool from Hyrule. Swingin' in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Uh...I'm Jake. I like retro gaming. Mostly NES.

...yeah.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-My names George
    -I live in Gainesville, Florida
    -I found these forums when looking for complete listings for US releases for various systems. This site is amazing because of the amazing amount of information on it. Hopefully the forumns are just as good.
    -My Favorite Games is a hard question there are so many games I havent played as I'm not new to gaming but growing up I didnt have a lot of games and now at 23 a lot of things take up my time. I'll do a list of games I have good memories of and as my quest to play more games continues I may one day be able to make a true favorites list. NES- Contra SNES- F-Zero N-64- Goldeneye Gamecube- ??? SMS-??? Genesis- Mutant League Football
    Dreamcast-PSO PS1- Front Mission 3 PS2- Madden 2004
    XBOX- Halo Turbo Grafx16-??? GBA- Advance Wars 2, DS-??? PC- Warcraft 3
    -I collect for a lot of systems. I own the following: NES,SNES,N-64,Gamecube,SMS,Genesis,Dreamcast,Turbo Grafx16,PS1,PS2,XBOX,GBA,DS. I still need:Sega CD,32X,Saturn,GB,GBC,Virtualboy, CD-i, 3DO,Jaguar,Lynx,Neo-Geo pocket,PSP, Gamegear.
    -In real life I'm a student
    -Nothing super interseting about me. I really like sports and working out, I like anime and music, and I like Gaming. Hopefully I'll be able to find my place in this Retro Gaming Community.
    Speed Kills but Strength Punishes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

Hello people, My name is James Abery, I live in South Australia, and I own approximately 30 game consoles. I have recently started to focus on collecting NES stuff rather than everything stuff.

i found digital press via someone referring me here when i was looking for a nes rarity guide. i have now bought the classic book, and am awaiting it's arrival

i would have introduced myself sooner, but i didnt see this topic until now:P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone. I'm Howie, and I'm a friend of Vigilante's.
    Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself.
    I went to the last "user meet" tonight (06/25/05), and had a great time. Met a lof of interesting people, had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs.
    A little bit about myself... I'm from Hasbrouck Heights, I work at California Stucco in Hackensack as their Office Manager. Been a gaming fanatic since the days of Atari 2600, maybe even before that... when PONG was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    I used to be very much into Turbo Grafix 16, but I am a die hard Playstation fan; had my PSOne, and PS2, and now I'm into my PSP.
    Some of the classic arcade games I used to love playing were/are Ms PacMan, Donkey Kong, Centipede, and Jungle King.
    How did I find DigitPress? Well, Vigilante (Nick) told me about it, so I thought I'd check it out... and I'm glad I did.
    By the way, thanks Joe for a really cool time. You've got a very imressive collection... it's right up there with my DVD movie collection.
    Anyway, I hope to see you guys in the chats often.
    If you're worried about getting bloodstains out of your laundry, maybe you have bigger problems than what detergent to use.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im Jeremy, 15, from Grafton Ohio (near elyria or more mainstream Cleveland) My dad started me on an intellivsion and C64 (sold them though ) I now have around 15 consoles and about 6 handhelds with hundreds of games. VERY into computers and technology, upgrade almost monthly and overclock heavily cars would also be another passion of mine.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys (& gals)
    I'm museumsteve (the name stuck years ago due to my love for retro/classics).
    I've owned an Indie store in Hampshire for over seven years and love games as much today as I always have.
    Fav games for me are MrDo! and Robotron.
    Love these forums and I hope to be able to contribute to them.
    I do have an undying love for all things Hi-Def as well

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

I'm Duane and I'm 43 years young, I live in Washington state and have 2 kids, (both who love video games). I've been playing video games since the 70's, ever since pong came out. After that I was hooked. I've played games on the old Radio Shack computer, Apple, Zenith 248's with 16 colors, all the way up to main frame computer text games. I've seen the advanced in computer graphics, from the old monocrome screens, through cga, vga, and xga, all the way to the modern svga's. I can't wait till someone invents a holodeck program, now that would be cool. I'm always on the look out for the latest and greatest video games. My favorite one's are mainly RPG's and stratagy's/simulations, like CIV and MOO.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ZeetherKID77's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm ZeetherKID77, I'm from Florida. I first started gaming when my parents gave me a blue Game Boy Pocket and Kirby's Dreamland 2 for my birthday a looong time ago. I eventually heard about Pokemon, and my videogame journey pretty much started there. I like RPGs, "quirky" games like Katamari Damacy, puzzle games, fighting games (especially SSBM), classics, and compilations (my favorite is Megaman Anniversary Collection). I currently own a GBASP, a Nintendo DS, a GCN, original GB, GB Pocket (a silver one, I sold the blue one), GB Color, Genesis, a PC, and a PS one. My other interests include model trains, cars, and drifting. My favorite car is the Toyota Trueno AE86 (Hachiroku), and my favorite anime/manga is Initial D. I found out about the forums when I was reading the DP Collector's Guide Advance (very well done, might I add).
    He tried to kill me with a forklift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Allow myself to introduce...myself

Helloooo...I'm Gaz and I just joined because this is a kick-ass site and I wanna talk to fellow gamers and use the guides on this site. I was never a gamer as a young kid and since my parents were cheap I didn't have a big selection of games, so believe it or not, I didn't even know about Castlevania or Metroid let alone some of the other classics until about 5 years ago! (I know, it's sad). I'm 20 now, and I got my first system when I was 8. I asked for a Nintendo and my dad brought home a used Atari 5200 he got off a friend, with Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man. That's it. But I didn't care. I did finally get an NES, and later a Genesis and years after a PlayStation, but we never bought a ton of games for any of them. The N64 lit a fire in my heart for gaming when I got one for Xmas w/Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and I finally became a gamer. I was, like, 14 or 15 at the time. Then I decided to replace all the lost systems my parents trashed and finally get the ones I was denied when I was younger. I also started to find out about obscure systems I'd never heard about. I then realized I wanted to own as many systems as I could. My collection is still quite modest due to lack of funds and space, but it's at a nice even 14: NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, XBox, GameBoy Advance SP, DS, GameGear, Lynx and NeoGeo Pocket Color. Collectively I have 340 games and that's including playable demos, TV Games joysticks and 2 Game&Watches. I've finally played a lot of the games I missed out on as a kid and living up to the standards of a true gamer.
    I'm in Massachusetts, and I have the pleasure of working in the video game dept of my local Toys R Us. My boyfriend and his brother, also hardcore gamers, work at GameStop, so we always get some good deals on games and free promotional items. I go to Berklee College of Music and aspire to be a music teacher or a rock star, so video game theme music is one of my loves since it marries my two biggest pastimes together.
    I also geek it up hardcore with Star Trek, anime, fantasy, Cartoon Network, Jhonen Vasquez comics (I got my name from his cartoon Invader Zim), Monty Python and anything to do with Bruce Campbell.
    I can tell I'm going to like it here. A lot.
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Nate Nanjo, from Georgia, been a gamer since I was little, but didn't get hooked until I got my SNES. I'll be 20 next month. I'm finally able to start my game collection with out my parents interfear. To bad its small, I only have a complete Playstation RPG section for now

Hope to get know more gamers.

And my favorite game may be a bit obvious

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hell everyone, not much to say. Been gaming ever since I was little (am 30 now), became an involved collector past hmm 2 years?

I bounce back and forth to different sites, usually don't post just read. Do most of my buying through auctions and order through internet sites.

Figured should do a quick intro before I start buying/trading here.

Favorite systems to collect for Atari 5200, Apple II and of course NES!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heya

I'm Jon from Nor Cal. I just signed up here, though I've been lurking for a bit. I'm a regular over at Atariage, so you can guess what I collect, right?

I've been a game since about '83 when my family first picked up a 2600, and I've never stopped. I've got a 1000+ or so games currently, mainly Atari systems Intellivision, and NES, with plenty of other random crap thrown in. You get the idea.

In my day job, I work with folks who have developmental disabilities and mental health problems. I manage about 12 crews that help these clients learn job and behavioral skills so that they can live independantly.

At home, I often hike, play games (big surprise there), write, and get bit by my cat, who is quite evil and insane. Kind of like me

Nice meetin' y'all!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hiya, my name's Nick, and I'm your average obsessed Nerd. With a collection of a little over 250 Games, I own the biggest collection in the Louisburg-Bunn-Zebulon area (not that that's anything big) I'm also deep into Anime.

I hope to go to the Air Force soon as I lose a bit of weight, and I have a fiance', Kristin Blickensderfer and we plan to marry after she graduates, of which she's a junior this year. I myself, Graduated this year. I hope to make a lot of friends!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I am 22 and from Omaha, NE. My collection now stands at a little over 560, which is more than anyone I know, but can't be the biggest in the city. Aside from the obvious video game obsession, both new and old, that brought me here in the first place, I love reading, writing, anime and ar games like Axis and Allies and RISK.

As for other game related forums I go to, only Game Informer (as InformedFS) and the 167 member Hole, which I help Moderate. Now I have finally decided to join your forums here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

just wanted to let you know that I;ll be crawling through the forums in the future.

The name is Martin, I'm 26 and from Germany. I've been playing videogames since my early childhood, but my first own system was the Dreamcast. Right now, I have some more systems from Pong clones, 8bit to next gen and handhelds with a total of a mere 200 games.

Action Adventures and Racing Games are my favourites.

Cya,

Martin
    Smarsh the Barstuds!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there everybody, my name is Mike if you hadn't guessed. My wife (Rachel) and I have been gaming since the Atari 2600, although not together until right before the PS2.

We live in Eastern Washington where I work at Merlyn's- a comic, book, and game store (mostly rpgs, tabletop wargames and the like) and my wife works for the USPS.

Our collection contains stuff from the 2600, NES, PS, PS2, X-Box, and PSP. We also have a bunch of PC games and even some for the old Apple IIe in storage.

I found this site about a week ago after moving some boxes around the house and found my NES, then busted it out and started replaying Final Fantasy.
    Later, Mike

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Davepesc here, I've been a lurker for quite a while, but I've decided to go live. I am most interested in all things Sega and the Atari 2600.
    My latest interest has been the Sega CD, which I finally got last month.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name:Tanner White
    Sex:Male

Even with all of the new fancy systems coming out, I still like going back to the classics that made me the gamer I am. My favorite console is STILL the Super Nintendo and is probably the most played console in my apartment. I am currently building up my NES, SNES, and Genesis collections, finding rarities here and there. The pride and joy of my collection is probably Castlevaniaracula X on Super Nintendo. I spent three years looking for this elusive game, and I finally got it in March 2004.

My favorite game series is Castlevania. It is the only series of games I have the entire collection of (minus Rondo of Blood). That and Silent Hill. I love horror-themed games.

In real life I like movies, books, and drawing my own artwork. Videogames have been a part of my life for a long time and really has been the only hobby that had stuck with me since my childhood. That and drawing.

Well that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to meeting everyone on the board!
    "People compare this to the great chariot race scene in Ben-Hur. Yeah, they are like 'Ben-Hur was a great movie. This movie totally sucks.'"-Mystery Science Theater 3000/Episode:Space Mutiny