Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

hi my name is justin and i'm 25 years old. i am a recent college graduate and i started teaching 3rd grade about 6 months ago. i also just got married last month, so its been really busy in my personal life.

i have been an advid gamer since around '92 when i first got my snes. i started out with the nes back in '85 or '86 but i really fell in love with snes. since then i have collected about 9 consoles which include the snes, genesis, 32X, GCN, DC, PS1, PS2, N64, and an XBOX. i also have a Gameboy Adv. but i never got into that handheld. I have 278 total games for my systems which are valued at around $5200.

I really got into collecting video games for rarity and value but mostly for fun back in 2001. It has been an adventure since. Some of my biggest finds include Chrono Trigger and Earthbound for the SNES recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default sup

I've been lurking around here for a little bit, but finally decided to join in on the fun...

I'm 24 and from the DFW Texas area. I've been playing video games since I was a little kid, back in the Atari/NES days. I'm now a pretty avid moviewatcher, and have a job at a local television station... video games have become my hobby outside of mass media.

I mainly stick with Nintendo systems, and have just here recently started "collecting" for the DS, so expect most of my posts to be related to that system in particular, or at least just Nintendo systems in general.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!

I'm McBacon, I'm pretty new. I have a small, but growing collection of around 100 games. The reason is, I only collect what I want to play.

I'm the UK, and I hope to join in on the mid week/weekend topics, and take some photos like Caut does.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone!!

I am Pick and I love programming.

I also like playing video games, my favorite games are Animal Crossing: Wild World and Digimon world 4.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, my name is Paul, I'm from Madison Wisconsin. I just found this site from a link someone sent me of the collection photos, I snooped around the site and I was hooked! I'm 29 and am currently in school, I am in the process of trying to find a job right now, and I am also married.
    I guess I wouldn't consider myself a collector, so much as a guy who made many dumb sales mistakes in his youth and now wants to repurchase them. I have been playing games since my parents bought an Atari 2600 back in the day, then was turned on to the NES and Master Systems. First home computer was a TI/99 4A with a HUGE disk drive and cart slot! I love all sorts of games, mainly RPGs, shmups and old school platformers. I hope to meet many new people and form some good friendships and chat buddies!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi everyone, chris here. I recently got into collecting systems that I used to own or never owned as a kid. I have been buying for around a year now. I think I have built myself a decent little collection in this time. I have been mainly trying to get systems complete in their original boxes. of course if I can get a good deal on an unboxed system that I want I won't pass it up. the other thing, I'm only getting the systems that I know I'll play at one time or another. no getting every system ever created for me - mainly because I just can't afford it.

I'll try to post a list of what I currently have if anyone is interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm from Quebec. I'm 21 and I've been playing games since I was 4. I've had a lot of consoles since then (Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, GB, GBA, DS, SMS, Gen, Saturn, DC, GG, PS2, Xbox, TG16, 3DO). However, I've been having less and less fun with the vast majority of modern games, mostly because I especially like simple games (read: no need for twenty different buttons), I hate cutscenes (what I like to call "interpassivity") and I love fantasy / hate realism, find sprites charming / polygons bland, adore 2D/ despise 3D, like collecting huge cartridges and totally hate CD loading times. To this day the NES remains my favorite system of all time. Pretty convenient, since there are so many great, cheap games available seemingly everywhere. On the other end of the spectrum, I also own what I consider the mecca of video games, that is a Neo Geo MVS arcade cabinet. Neo games are, on the contrary, expensive and hard to find, but just as great. This is fairly new to me, and discovering the Neo has been my greatest video game-related joy since the end of the Super NES. I'm stuck in an 8-to-16-bit vortex 95% of the time, and proud of it! However, I'm not totally grumpy yet. Some fairly recent games that I really like are Serious Sam, DDR, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Wario Ware, War of the Monsters, Ninja Five-0, and the Aki wrestling games on the N64 (especially No Mercy).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been lurking for quite some time, but I thought I would say "hi!"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! I'm Mikko, 22, from Finland. I'm student, studying energy technology at the university. I spend my time playing video games and reading books. I usually read scifi novels or short horror stories.

I have been playing games since Christmas 1992. I wanted a NES for Christmas present, but I got Mega Drive II with Sonic 2 instead. Since then I have been Sega and Sonic fanboy. My favorite games are Ecco: The Tides of Time, Sonic 2, Nights, Super Mario Bros. and Tetris. I like all kinds of games, but I especially love platformers, adventure games and RPGs.

I have been collecting since last December. My collection is still pretty small, only about 150 games, but it's growing steadily. I primarily collect for Saturn and secondarily for Mega Drive, then for other Sega machines. I'm also interested in NES, SNES and PC-Engine, but at the moment I can't afford to collect for them.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkus
    I got Mega Drive II with Sonic 2 instead. Since then I have been Sega and Sonic fanboy.

I primarily collect for Saturn and secondarily for Mega Drive, then for other Sega machines.
    Its pretty cool how the first games you play stick with you, and plan out the types of video games you will like when you are older.

Welcome, everyone!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Gundam_Pilot_'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yo im brian NES collectors basically know me for the most part from NESworld.com

i gottta lot of shit nes
    i collect only nes and thats it. over 700 games now and 130 over controllers

pics are here ^^ i need to update em tho

http://members.lycos.co.uk/allmystuffishere/?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Welcome to the forums!

This is a big place and it's sometimes easy to get lost in the crowd, but we really do want to know about you. This thread will serve as a "who's who" reference for the future so make your presence known!

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

NOTE: posts here that are NOT introductions will be removed, so if you want to say hello to someone, start a new topic to do so.

Let us begin.
    I am Cory Kennison
    I live in Madison Ohio
    So far i've been playing games like killzone, jade empire, halo 2 for the most part
    i don't have many systems have xbox gamecube ps2 dreamcast, n64, sega nomad im hoping to get more in the future,
    i really don't do that much kinda bored

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! I'm...well...Joe. I live in the Denver area and am staying with James (jgenotte) for a while till I can get back on my feet again. I have been lurking for a while and decided to finally get around to introducing myself. So, here I am!

Nice to meet you all.

-james

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello all
    -My name is robert hess a.k.a. b0bby,notriousb0bby,awesomecoolguy(on different threads/websites).
    -I live in "hot" Miami,Florida.
    -Originally from Queens, New York.
    -My good friend Lone_monster told me about the site.
    -My favorite games are: Metal Gear Solid (PSX),Chrono Trigger (SNES),Tomba! (PSX),Einhander (PSX),Zelda:Ocarina of Time (N64),
    - x_x all i could think of at the moment but there are many more
    -I collect SNES,NES,PSX,DC,NGPC.
    -I'm a sophomore in High School.
    -Im tryin to start my own small pressure-washing business to fund my love of games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey hey, my name is Logan O'Neill. I live in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I'm currently unemployed and extremely lazy, but I'm planning on possibly taking something computer related at the community college here in the near future.

A friend of mine has been telling me about this place, so I figured I'd check it out and see what its all about. I'm not really a collector, though I could see myself collecting sometime in the future. As far as console goes, I havent done much gaming in recent years, mostly PC gaming.

My favorite games would have to include just about every Final Fantasy game 7 and below, Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Soul Calibur.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Annie and I live in Maryland. A couple of co-workers have told me about this site. I don't know what videogame subject/thread I should ask this inso I ask it here. I never owned a handheld system. I was thinking of buying a Gameboy Advance, DS, or a PSP. Besides games(My fav game is a Bust-a-Move), what should I need to look for in handheld system?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, new to the site. I've never posted on a forum like this but it seems like a nice friendly big-happy-family type of thing so why not?

Who you are / Where you live

26, London England

How you found the forums

Googlepoodle

What your favorite games are

2D shmups, and anything with NINTENDO written on it. Best games? Looking through the games I have, the desert island ones would be... Balloon Fight [Balloon Trip mode only though!], Super Mario Kart, Soul Calibur 2 [GCN], Outrun 2, New Zealand Story, Pac Man, Super Mario Land [GB], Power Stone 1, Advance Wars 1, ISS64, Metroid Fusion, Pikmin 1&2, Championship Manager in all its forms, Crazy Taxi [DC/GCN], Ridge Racer 4, Gradius V, Psyvariar Complete [PS2 PAL], Puzzle Bobble [ARC], Bangaioh [DC], Axelay... pretty big island!

What systems you collect for

Cheapest way to start off is by collecting current gen as it's released i reckon - so I've been amassing a 'cube collection while getting hold of older games that I like. Got all my old consoles - 26-odd at last count, and games to go with them, just not all mint/boxed/etc. Have been in the game for a while, just starting to take it seriously!

What you do in "real life"

Work far too hard - for a nice amount of £. Can't complain!

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

Compulsive hoarder, who failed to grow out of computer games...

IGN list of collection at

http://users.ign.com/collection/sadat

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, i'm Paul from England - even though i've surfed here for a while - I have only just joined the forum.
    Found the forums originally through a link exchange with an old website that I ran.

Grew up with the Commodore 64 as my main games machine after my Parents bought it for me as a birthday present!, then moved to the Amiga, and finally PS2 and PC.

Favourite games, Thing On A Spring!, LCP, and Bruce Lee (on C64), Settlers, Monkey Island (series) (on Amiga), Grand Theft Auto (on PS2/PC), Dark Forces (on PC) and loads of others I can't remember!

Collect mainly Commodore related stuff.

I Run the TCZ retro-gaming website for Commodore 64 , involved in various computer programming projects and work full time with computers.

Wrote a number of computer programs over the years - the only one that ever made money was Ilinios on the Amiga! Best 15 minutes of fame was a write up in a national daily paper about a tv related website site that I did...

Began collecting when I was about 12 - haven't stopped since!

My website can be found at: http://www.the-commodore-zone.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm William from Tennessee. I've lurked on and off for a while, but just now decided to make an account. I found the site from a link on GameFAQs. Originally, my only interest here was the online rarity guide, but it's clear that has changed.

By system, my favorite games are:
    Odyssey^2- Baseball
    Vectrex- Mine Storm
    NES- Life Force/Zanac/Castlevania
    SMS- Bomber Raid
    Genesis- Beyond Oasis/Castlevania: Bloodlines/SSF2
    SNES- HyperZone
    32X- Space Harrier
    Saturn- Warcraft 2
    PS1- FF Chronicles
    Dreamcast- Looney Tunes: Space Race
    PS2- Sega Classics Collection/Gradius V
    GC- FF:CC/LoZ: Four Swords Adventures/RE4
    Xbox- Morrowind GotY Ed.

PC- UT2004

GB- Kirby's Dreamland/MM2
    Game Gear- Super Columns
    GBC- Mario Tennis
    GBA- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
    DS- Yoshi Touch & Go

Specifically, I collect 32X since there's so few US releases (and I've found almost a third in less than a year of looking,) but I'll buy anything that looks interesting, provided I have the money for it (and that doesn't only apply to videogames.)

In real life, I work for a school supply company. Boring work (specifically going from school to school,) hard labor, decent pay, and the occaisional pretty teacher (during the summer delivery period) sums it up. Not a full-time job, but definitely not bad for a high school student.

I really never considered myself a collector until I bought my 32X and even now that's all I consider myself a collector of, despite having almost 50 NES games, an Odyssey^2, a Vectrex (only set me back $50 if I might add,) and Star Trek: Starfleet Academy for the 32X (nowhere close to the rarest 32X game, but I knew how bad it was when I bought it.) I definitely wouldn't have as many games as I have if it weren't for the great deals a couple of local stores often have.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,my name is Aaron and I am 25 years old.I live in Indiana.I have played video games since I was 8.
    Current systems I own:
    PS2
    GameCube
    Game Boy Advance
    Nintendo 64
    PlayStation
    Game Boy Color
    SNES
    Genesis
    Game Boy
    NES
    TG-16