Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hallo everyone!

Even though I've been a member since 2003, I've never officially introduced myself. My name is Alex, I'm 25 (as of May 29 of 2005) and I live just south of Fort Worth, TX in Cleburne.

I graduated high school in '98 as valedictorian of my small class of 32. Went on to college at the University of Texas at Arlington where I started out in architecture and loved it. But that love faded with frustration after 3 years even though my grades were good. I thus switched to Psychology. I received my Bachelor of Science degree in May of 2004. After that I became an insurance agent in property and casualty. Now, I am starting my own business in Health and Life supplemental insurance.

I began my love for collecting at the age of 10 yrs old, but NOT as a video game collector. It started with baseball cards. In particular, Topps cards. You could get 10-12 cards for 0.50 cents at the store. I did everything I could to find a Nolan Ryan. Oh the wonderful days of collecting baseball cards when it was FUN.

In 1990, I also happened to receive my FIRST NES with Super Mario Bros. 3 at Christmas! What a wonderful Christmas that was, cause I also happened to get all the Ninja Turtles with the sewer playset We never had much money, but my mom wanted me to have a great Christmas that year, God bless her heart. She would die in 1992 of stomach cancer at the young age of 35.

Through the 90's, I took to collecting comics and adoring Spider-man, even attaining the second holy-grail in spidey comics, Amazing Spider-man #1 from 1963! I bought it off eBay in 1998 for $1900! My FIRST eBay transaction! Unfortunately, he had advertised it as a Very Fine, but it only turned out to be a Very Good 4.0 (but when I did need money later on, I was able to sell it for $2400...I miss that comic though )

My resurgence into video game collecting began when I dusted off my old NES in 2001. I had money for once, so I would be able to go to the fleamarket and buy as many as I could for $3 a piece. I remember my first guide being a FuncoLand newspaper price guide, which lasted me for a year and a half. Oh good times.

As far as gaming genres that interest me: puzzles, strategy, platformers, RPG's, space and side-scrolling shooters, and quirky games that break the mold.

Favorite games include: Qix, Mario's Picross, Advance Wars 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 1-6, Contra, Katamari Damacy, Chrono Trigger, ICO, Intelligent Qube, and many others!

***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Introducing myself:

Found the forums while google-ing
    HUGE metroid fan
    Collect NES games
    Started collecting after a NES was given to me as payment for an Xbox mod.
    </img>
    See my Xbox mods HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I am new here. I am 15 years old, and in High School. I've been into gaming since I could hold a controller since my brother had a NES. I own:

3 NESs, 2 SNESs, 2 Genesis (model 1), 1 N64, 1 GCN, 1 PS1, 1 atari 2600 jr, 1 Gameboy, 1 Gameboy Pocket, 1 GBA, and 1 DS. I have over 270 games total.

I'm trying to get every N64 game released in North America. Right now, I only have 80.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

80?! That's pretty good considering you're only 15.

Just stopping in to what's up. My collecting is more in the area of Simpsons video games, as evidenced by the site I work on: http://www.noiseland.net.

Looking through all the prototype jargon reminds me of a screenshot I saw in a magazine of a level for "Virtual Bart" that was not included in the final product. Good times.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everybody im 24 years old and i live in Rawtenstall england,happy to join the boards, i have been looking for a good retro videogames forum for quite a log time.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Animerforever05's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello im 19! and i have around 90 Games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy..

I hail from the retro gaming desert that is Belfast , N.Ireland but have managed to amass a decent collection courtesy of ebay and the fact that I travel to the mainland regularly due to work (software).

I'm 39 and started way back with dedicated Pong machines (have reacquired 2 I owned via eBay), through 2600 (reacquired a woody 6 switch via eBay)- then dabbled in 8bit micros (Oric-1 and CPC-464) then returned to consoles with the NES, SNES, N64, DC and GC - was late getting into PS1 and Saturn but have good collections for them - getting some great imports for the latter (Radiant Silvergun, Twinkle Star Sprites, Parodius series - that type of thing). Have a fledgling Megadrive collection and also have a 7800 with some titles.

Favourite Genres - puzzle games, 2D shooters

Hates - bloated, po-faced FPSs (i.e. most after Quake 2) and bloody sports games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hi everyone

My name is Angelique and I live in eastern Pennsylvania. I found the forums while searching info on NES prototypes one night bc they make me drool. My favorite games are MGS 1, phantasy star 3, mendels palace for nes. I collect for NES 8 bit and am up to 300 (nearly). I've done this without spending over 200 dollars total, it has taken me about 15 years to get to the point I am now. I also love my genesis. In real life i am a full time psych and art therapy major and a psych intern. i started collecting after having 40 games and a system donated to me and my family when i was about 8 years old and have loved them ever since. my current dream right now is to own a prototype withut breaking the bank...hard but not impossible. see you all around.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hi everyone

My name is Angelique and I live in eastern Pennsylvania. I found the forums while searching info on NES prototypes one night bc they make me drool. My favorite games are MGS 1, phantasy star 3, mendels palace for nes. I collect for NES 8 bit and am up to 300 (nearly). I've done this without spending over 200 dollars total, it has taken me about 15 years to get to the point I am now. I also love my genesis. In real life i am a full time psych and art therapy major and a psych intern. i started collecting after having 40 games and a system donated to me and my family when i was about 8 years old and have loved them ever since. my current dream right now is to own a prototype without breaking the bank...hard but not impossible. see you all around.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hi everyone

My name is Angelique and I live in eastern Pennsylvania. I found the forums while searching info on NES prototypes one night bc they make me drool. My favorite games are MGS 1, phantasy star 3, mendels palace for nes. I collect for NES 8 bit and am up to 300 (nearly). I've done this without spending over 200 dollars total, it has taken me about 15 years to get to the point I am now. I also love my genesis. In real life i am a full time psych and art therapy major and a psych intern. i started collecting after having 40 games and a system donated to me and my family when i was about 8 years old and have loved them ever since. my current dream right now is to own a prototype without breaking the bank...hard but not impossible. see you all around.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default newbie here

HELLO!

- I'm Jason Siergri
    - I'm living in NY
    - I found this forum by search engine
    - My favourites games are: GTA, Rainbow, SIMS, ...
    - I have a playstation 2
    - I'm very happy of being here and I hope to be welcome

Anyway... I just wanted to drop a quick hello. see you guys in the forums…

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my names Brendan. I live in Ontario, Canada and I found Digital Press when perusing for price quotes on games I was bidding on (on ebay). Probably one of the best finds I've ever had!

I'd list what my favourite games are, but then I'd just be rambling on and on for far to long of a time, so we'll just say anything that entertains me.

I'm currently working on a Genesis and NES collection, but have lots of titles for 18 other consoles/handhelds. Hoping to finish a collection soon!

I'm currently kitchen supervisor, and am heading to school to become a Game Designer.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello

Yet another membre, from Belgium, old Europe.

I had been reading the boards and learning from you for a few weeks before I decided to register.

I'm not really a collector, but I like to call myself a retro gamer because I have more interest in older games than in recent releases. I own every Nintendo system since the NES, and a Sega Saturn. I particularly like the N64.

Well, that's all. Have a nice day, everyone.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'M BACK!

Yes, it is Skuee, I couldn't find my other email, and wanted to make my name 'unique', so, here I am!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Combat King 0

Hello,
    I am the Combat King 0, aka Tony Black.
    I am 25, and I live in the UK of Englandcestershire.

I own an Atari 2600Jr, Nes, SNES, N64, GC, MD(w SMS converter), Saturn, GG, GB, GBC, GBA, PS2, and a Barcode Battler.

My favourite game of all time is Combat on the Atari 2600.

It is good to be here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I'm unicronQ from Schuyler, NE, US.

I was referred here by a friend (don't know what his user name is on here). My favorite video game systems are NES and GBA. I'm just getting into collecting NES games, and have about 34 games I think right now. I just got a new job at Wal-mart, so hopefully if all goes well, I'll be able to buy some good lots of NES games on ebay. Right now my favorite video game is Castlevania Symphony of the Night for Playstation, but I really like all the Castlevania games, and other similar games and RPGs. I've also got a Nintendo DS, Gamecube, Sega Dreamcast, a GBA SP, and a Playstation 2. I'm hoping to get an SNES and a Generation NEX before too long.

Other than video games, I also collect toys, antiques, comics, and about anything that catches my eye :P .

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello folks,
    I am Rosemary from England, I am a writer and I collect PlayStation games, especially UK and Europe releases.

I am in my 30s, blonde, a little bit cute and hope to have some good feedback on this forum.

Bye,

R

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Welcome to the forums!

This is a big place and it's sometimes easy to get lost in the crowd, but we really do want to know about you. This thread will serve as a "who's who" reference for the future so make your presence known!

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

NOTE: posts here that are NOT introductions will be removed, so if you want to say hello to someone, start a new topic to do so.

Let us begin.
    Just call me B!

Originally NC, but moved to Texas

To long to list! ( Lttp, Mario Kart, Super Metriod, Star Fox these are just a few retro)

So far just NES and SNES but I'm looking into the Saturn

Right now I'm in college, and I work part time at Interstate Batteries...

Well I starting missing my old games from when I was younger " SNES". I traded it to a guy at school with my games for a sega saturn which was rare in my area. I bought another one but now the games are harder to find. Thus here I am.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone.
    You may have seen me posting that in the chat over the past few days. I just found out about this site and I'm always visiting it.
    I wouldn't consider myself a collector of games, but I wouldn't mind starting, just need a job first. :P
    I hope to have a good time here, thanks.

Strawberry (Level 2) mario2butts's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry I didn't post this sooner

Hi, I'm Zack from Catonsville MD; right now I'm at college in Gambier, OH. I'm 19 (born 1986), been collecting games since I was 7. My love for gaming began when my older cousin dumped his NES on me after getting a then-brand-spanking new SNES. I was instantly hooked. Soon I was reading up on gaming history and going to Funcoland, which was heaven on earth to me, on a regular basis. At first I had no money so I had to rely on birthdays and christmas to satisfy my gaming desires. I slowly acquired more consoles as the years past: Game Boy, Game Gear, Atari 7800, my cousin's SNES (he had graduated to N64). By 2000 (I was 14), I was getting a better allowance and my collecting habit kicked into high gear. Now I have between 20-30 consoles (depending on whether you count add-ons, duplicates, etc) and a bedroom full of games. My collection is still pretty modest in comparison to others I've seen on this site since I've never had a lot of money; I haven't posted a room of doom yet since I'm at college right now.

Anyway, I found DP when I stumbled across the room of doom section which was linked to another site (sorry, I was rondomly surfing and forget which one!). I've been posting for a few months now and It's been great, kudos to all of you who have put this site together!