Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Greetings

Hello there, I'm luffy744 (a screen name, obviously, since my mother was considerate enough to not put numbers in my real name). I'm 22, live in California, USA, and I'm a gaming addict.

It started in late '87, when we were visiting my aunt and uncle, and guess what my uncle brought home one day? A brand spanking new Nintendo Entertainment System along with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (and back then, they even gave you *2* controllers, along with the game, when you bought a new game system). When my turn came up, I promptly ran straight, right into the first goomba. My first video game experience lasted all of 3 seconds, but that was enough to hook me (at 4 years old, it took me about 8 trys to get past that first goomba!). The following year would be spent begging and pleading for a Nintendo of my own (since this uncle lived hours away, playing his wasn't an option) and going over friends houses to play their systems. Then, Christmas 1988, what does Santa bring me? A Nintendo, Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit (I loved that movie). 17 years later, and that is still the best Christmas ever.

Later on I would go on to get a Super Nintendo at launch (Not exactly sure how mom payed for that one...), but ended up returning it when I beat Mario World in a week (it didn't occur to me that I skipped over about 60 levels of gameplay goodness) and used the money on more NES goodness. But then about a year later I believe, Street Fighter 2 came out, and I ended up with another SNES, and made the horrendous mistake of SELLING MY NES AND ROUGHLY 25 GAMES TO FUND IT. I'm still kicking myself, though I ended up rebuying a NES years later.

So yeah, for the first chunk of my gaming life, I was a Nintendo fanboy (it's hard not to be when you start out with the big N at 4 years old). I eventually branched out with the Sega Genesis and Sony Playstation, but no one could touch the holy Nintendo in my mind.

Flash forward to the present, and I don't have a favorite company, thought these days I really wonder why I never saw the brilliance of Sega back in their Genesis days (too busy with Final Fantasy, Donkey Kong Country and Chrono Trigger I suppose, so the time wasn't exactly wasted! )

Today I own 16 different consoles/handheld systems including PS2/GC/Xbox and roughly 300 games. My current plan is to reduce that to maybe 250 (get rid of crap/mediocre games) and begin my serious collecting of Sega Saturn, Neo Geo AES (I think I hear my wallet scratching at the door, attempting to escape ) and PC Engine, because those are the ones whose game libraries most interest me at this point.

And for my own quirky mini-collection, I've set out to get a copy of every single Super Robot Taisen (a looooong running series of Japanese strategy rpgs that take the characters and robots from dozens of different anime and squish them all into a single game universe) game. This game collection spans about 10 different systems/handhelds, though I have all of them aside from the Wonderswan, so that's not a big hurdle for me. Plus, there's no big hurry on this mini-collection, since I intend on playing each of them, and each one takes me roughtly 25-100 hours to get through (plus add on the hours of anime watching to get the most out of each game!).

And I'll stop talking for now, as I'm sure most of you were ing half way through this post.
    Amateur Sega Nut: SMS: 8 Megadrive: 13 Mega CD: 4 Saturn: 67 Dreamcast: 44

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intro

My name is Rohan and I hail from the outlet capital of the world, Reading, Pennsylvania.

I was born on 18th June, 1979. At that time the big arcade hits were Asteroids, Galaxian & Space Invaders.

My interest in video gaming all started in 1983. I started with the Atari 2600 and the Coleco Adam.

My very first system was a Coleco ADAM. It came packaged with Sega's Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom. The games I owned for it were Spectron, Mouse Trap, Cosmic Avenger, River Raid & Pitfall. My ADAM died in 1991. I am currently looking for a stand-alone ColecoVision.

My second system was a Sega Master System. I loved the arcade conversions. The best game on that system was Out Run. I also loved Enduro Racer, After Burner, Global Defence, R-Type & Time Soldiers. I also loved those credit card-sized games. When I owned a Sega Master System, most of my friends owned Nintendos. My first SMS died in 1994. In 2002, I inherited an SMS from a friend who had no use for it. I am currently looking for Zaxxon 3D, Space Harrier, Shinobi, Power Strike, Time Soldiers, Fantasy Zone, Ghostbusters, TransBot, Vigilante, Rastan, Cloud Master, Double Dragon, Wonder Boy & Wonder Boy in Monster Land.

Because i felt like an outcast of society, My Third system was a Nintendo Entertainment System. I loved Super Mario Bros., Contra, Donkey Kong & Duck Hunt. To this day, my little cousin loves playing Duck Hunt. In 2003, My brother found me an ultra-rare top-loading NES.

My fourth home system was a Super Nintendo. I loved Donkey Kong Country and Still love that series to this day, because it was a landmark game to have such fancy animation.

My fifth home system was a Nintendo 64. My brother and I played GoldenEye 007 & Mortal Kombat 4. I also love the Cruis'n series, but not many games were released for the N64, because Nintendo stubbornly retained the cassette format.

My sixth system was a Sony PlayStation 2. This was the first game console to sport DVD playback. originally, I wanted to get a Sega Dreamcast, but Sega got out of the system business. I played NBA 2K2, NFL 2K2 & Crazy Taxi.

My seventh system was a Sega Genesis, which I bought in 2003. I love to play the first-original Mortal Kombat to this day. I recently added a 32X adapter and got Star Wars Arcade & Virtua Racing Deluxe. I am looking for Space Harrier & Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000. I am also looking for a Sega CD.

Now you've heard my home console stories. Let me tell you about the handhelds I played.

My first handheld was a Game Boy. Despite the monochrome screen, I loved their selection. I loved to play Tetris on the road.

My second handheld was a Game Boy Colour. I played Super Mario DX on it.

Last year, I replaced the Game Boy Colour with a Game Boy Advance. I love the Classic NES lineup. esp. Super Mario Bros. I got my brother A Game Boy SP for Christmas of 2004, because he still loves Super Mario Bros. to this day.

I got a Sega Game Gear this past year, because I love the French comic book character Asterix. I also love Pengo, Ninja Gaiden and Star Wars.

I would also like to add a Saturn and Dreamcast to complete my Sega system collection.

I only like the Star Wars games on the Gamecube.

I would also like to add an XBOX.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello fellow gamers.

My name is manuel (yeah, I registered with my real name ), I'm 26 years old and I'm from Germany.
    Currently I live in Japan at my wife's (she's Japanese) grandpa's place until October.

In the first place I didn't mean to be a collector, but over the last 2 years I got me a little collection of hardware, because it's quite cheap to buy used game stuff in Japan. I don't have that much games per machine though.

Currently I own the following consoles and handhelds
    2 Gameboys
    1 Gameboy Color
    1 Gameboy Pocket
    1 Gameboy Advance
    1 Gameboy Advance SP (Famicom edition)
    1 Nintendo DS (pure white)
    1 NES (European version)
    1 Famicom
    1 Twin Famicom (black)
    2 Super Nintendos (1 European, 1 Japanese)
    2 Nintendo 64s (1 European, 1 Japanese)
    2 Gamecubes (1European, 1 Japanese)
    1 Playstation (Japanese)
    1 Game Gear (Japanese)
    1 Master System (European)
    1 Mega Drive I (Japanese)
    2 Saturns (Japanese)
    2 Dreamcasts (1 European, 1 Japanese)
    1 PC Engine (Japanese)
    1 PC Engine Duo-RX (Japanese)
    4 Neo Geo Pockets
    1 Neo Geo Pocket Color

For all that systems I own about 180 games, most of those for the SNES, which is my favourite I think.

In real life I'm still a student. My major is Japanese studies, my minors are Chinese studies and Linguistics.

I started a blog some time ago about my stay in Japan. There are some photos of Nintendo HQ in Kyoto, so I'd be glad if you had a look at my blog.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SAFA1

I collect all american and jap. systems from the 2600 and newer. I am more of a system/console collector than a game collector but I have 500 or so games.

My favorite system of all time is the xbox.
    Followed by the Saturn.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I just joined so I figured I'd introduce myself. I currently collect only NES (other than my current gen PS2 and DS) but will likely start either 2600 or 7800 collecting w/in the next few months.

My systems I've owned in the past have been Odyssey 2, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, C64, NES, GB, GG, Genny, PS1, PS2, Cube, GBA, DS. We currently just have the NES, PS2 and 2 DS's (one mine, one my wife's).

I play about every type of game except most current-gen RPGs due to me tending to hate cutscenes.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    My name's Adam, and I'm from England. I collect games for pretty much any system, new or old.

I found this forum through goooooooogle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't read all of this thread, but I'm Mark.
    I live in a Chicago suburb although I spent most of my life in Texas. I'll be 24 in a month(exactly) and I'm a broadcasting student.

I like games a lot. Pretty much all of them.

I found this place through a google search for info on the Generation NEX.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

'ello, i was turned on to this site while looking for a rarity listing of SNES games on the gamefaqs.com message boards.

Im not a series "take every single moment of the day about gaming" person, but i do love to play any thing i can. So far i have a NES, SNES, gamecube, and sega in my bed room, i have a PS2, and three of those old "pac-man and many other games" in one joy stick, hooked up in my living room, my brother has the PS in his room, and im about to get a xbox, and just cant wait for the revolution and PS3.

I am 16, going to turn 17 in Nov. I have a younger sister and brother, at the moment im playing soccer for my high school, and applying for a job at Sam Goodys.

I ussually use game sites for faqs and tips in the Message boards, but some time i stay around to talk.

and as of right now im still the newest user on this site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

What the hell?

I NEVER posted in "introduce yourself"? I would've sworn I had.

Short and sweet:

Firstly, I'm a Father and a Husband.
    Secondly, I'm a Videogame Player.
    Everything else is tied for third.

I'm working on playing through every game in order, year by year, starting with 1972. After almost three months, I'm up to 1977. I will probably take a break after 1979 to figure out play/acquisition strategy for the 80s and to sell off most of my stuff from the 70s. Check out my Blog to see a person obsessed.

I'm not a "collector". I "accumulate" with "intentions to play and eventually sell or trade but only after I've played it 'enough'". At the moment I've got more games than I think I could ever play within a lifetime and still be able to get away with calling it a "life". This, however, doesn't prevent me from trying to play them all anyway, nor does it seem to dissuade me from buying more.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all. I have been a member for a while, but have done nothing but lurk for years. I am a avid gamer and have all of my favorite consoles. I range from the 2600 to the PS2/GC/Xbox. My personal favorites are my Neo Geo and my Sega Saturn. Played my first game at age 5-6 on the TI-99. My dad bought one for my brother, and I played against him all the time. I used to collect, but now I have given that up in favor of only owning games I truly like. My personal library (or collection as you will) spans about 700 titles right now. Down from a massive 2,500 or so. I sold a lot of crappy games. Anyhoo started posting a bit more and thought I'd say hey. Oh and I am 25 years old, live in Utah, in school, a movie buff (mostly sci-fi, horror and b movies though).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HEY EVERYONE!

Hey everyone my name is Amanda. I am 23 years old and I have been poking around this site for a few months but never had the courage to join. this morning I just figured what the hell. I primarliy collect Nintendo games and have only been collecting for about 3 months. I currently have about 160 Nintendo games. Here is my pic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

My name is Tod.
    I live in Indiana.
    Found the forums on a web search but bought the Digital Press guide at the 5th annual Classic Gaming Expo in Vegas.
    In real life, I'm an orthodontist.

I got an Atari 2600 in 1980 or so at the age of 8. I've also owned (originally):
    TI 99/4A (learned BASIC programming in 4th grade, thereby ruining any chance of a proper mindset for elegant programming).
    Commodore 64
    Nintendo NES
    Sega Genesis
    Atari Jaguar (pre-ordered, received Christmas Eve one year, what a disappointment)
    Nintendo 64
    Sega Dreamcast
    and the newer consoles.

I have always had a collector's mentality, but usually ended up trading in my systems and games toward the price of even newer systems. Then, in a reckless display of irony, I'm forced to repurchase these games for my collection.

My true collection started in earnest when I had the fortune of buying out the entire NES stock from a local video store about 3 years ago. The owner would buy every game available, carefully open the box, remove the cart and manual, and re-shrinkwrap the box to put on the store shelves. So I ended up with about 375 very good condition boxes, 450 different games, and 350 pretty beat up manuals. Some others had already picked through and bought some games, but he did have a number of the hard to find ones. There was even a Peek-a-boo Poker instruction sheet in the stack of manuals, but no cart. I imagine at one time they had the three Panesian titles in the store.

In the meantime, I've grown a decent collection of most consoles and quite a few games. There's really nowhere close to where I live that ever has any potential for me picking up any great finds, so I'm relegated to a life of ebay sniping. My goal is to complete an NES collection.

My favorite games are RPG's. I spent many late nights with Ultima IV on the commodore 64, and loved the original Dragon Warrior. I have fond memories of Super Mario Brothers 2, as well as the N64 and GameCube Marios. I hope to open a game store in the near future; I've already gotten the corporation setup but my day job is keeping me a bit too busy lately.

I'm also interested in anything that goes along with the Nintendo World Championships; I just think it's ultra cool to collect.

Thanks,
    Tod

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am Alex Klaman
    I live in solano county
    I found this place from RetroYoungen
    I love Metal slug 1-4 and X and Everything Sega makes.
    I try to collect for systems that I currently own. The only exception is the Sega 32X and Sega CD.
    I work in the Solano college's computer labs and at the local "arcade."
    I also play D+D and Zatch Bell CCG if I can get someone to play me. Not as popular as MTG or others I guess...
    Since I am in the labs until closing monday wendsdays and fridays I am going to be a lot more offen.

I don't know when or what I started with but I do rember getting my Genesis when it first came out. I think my first actual collectable game Knuckles Chatoix. I do have a long scar down the center of my chest from open heart surgery when I was just a few years old.
    "Posting to the 'net these days it's more like shouting into a deep cave
    in which lives a fire-breathing dragon who hordes Hormel products.
    You get an echo back with flames and Spam"

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mr. Flibble's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! My name is Mr. Flibble and I am a flightless waterfowl. I'm originally from the Antartic region and I'm kinda between residences at the moment.

My longtime friend AltairBoy showed me this website. In fact he introduced me to the whole idea of retrogaming. Earlier this year when he took me to OVGE and I met all sorts of cool people. Since then I've been to CGE2K5 and I've met even more fantastic people there. I think both the CGE and DP people are the best!

My favorite games are Galaga and Galaxian. I love shoot-em ups. I like video pinball games, especially Midnight Magic on the XE game system. I'm really good at the game probably because I have, er, you know...flippers.My favorite arcade game is the Star Wars one where you fly an X-wing and try to blow up the Death Star.

Anyhoo I don't do any collecting. AltairBoy has plenty of games and I just use his stuff. He doesn't seem to mind.

Other then that my favorite activity is meeting people especially gamers at events. You gamers really shine at these shows. I hope to meet more of you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! Well, here I am
    I'm Michele/Spinal, I live in the Uk and study computer science at college here. I found the forumns from a link in the Mercedes-Benz Owners club forum (www.mbclub.co.uk).

My favorite games are Zelda (any and all -except 4 swords:P) and Killer Instincts... oh and GoldenEye 64, and Mario on the original GameBoy, and... bah practically ann Nintendo games

I collect ANYTHING that has a nintendo stamp on it. From the first playing cards ninty made to their latest consoles!

Interesting facts... hmmm, well I played with my first console after an accident where the doc's wanted to amputate my arm. I managed to keep my arm, but it was firt paralised, then semi-paralised. They recommended I buy a console and "excercise my brain-hand co-ordination" with it... the rest, is histo...nay, the rest, is retro!

Michele

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there
    Last edited by almostgotthemall; 10-05-2007 at 11:03 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all. My name is Mike and I'm from Dearborn Heights, Michigan. I'm a network engineer and have been into gaming my whole life really, ever since I got an Atari 2600 as a little tyke. I don't know if I'd really call myself a collector. I just really enjoy playing a lot of the older games (and newer games too!)

I currently have my 2600, SNES, and Genesis hooked up in my computer room, and my N64, Dreamcast, Cube, Xbox, and PS2 in the living room. Right now I'm looking for a Sega CD, a working NES (both of mine died recently), a Turbo Duo (my Turbografx died a while back) and some of the conoles I never had a chance to own like the Intellivision, Colecovision, and Saturn. I'm also hunting for games for all my older 16-bit systems that have mysteriously disappeared throughout the years that i've been itching to play again. I think Landstalker and Gunstar Heroes for Genesis are probably at the top of my (need to relive the magic) list.

I've been reading the posts here for a while and it seems like quite a nice bunch of people. I'm looking forward to doing some trading and outings and maybe some gaming as well. I've also been thinking about doing some local hunting via thrift shops and stuff if anyone local here in Michigan is interested in making a weekend day of it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello.

Hello
    - My name is Jacob in real life, and I am 15, and about to take my trial year 10 exams.
    - I live in Sydney Australia, and there is no-where for me to get old games.
    - I found the forums because I was looking for a Super Nintendo Rarity list.
    - My favourite games are for The Super Nintendo and The PSP.
    - I'll collect for anything if I can get my hands on it. I have recently begun collecting my Super Nintendo games again, because my mother sold my old one when I wasn't looking. I miss my old games..
    - I go to school. Currently on holidays for another week. Then Impending doom.
    - My first console was a Sega Master System. My first game was some Alex Kidd game I think. Hey I was 3 years old at the time. Then my grandparents got a NES and I played that when I saw them. It kinda took off from there.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,

My name is Tobias and I'm from Germany. I'm 15 years old an go to school.
    During my endless travels through the internet, searching for a rarityguide for NES games, I found this page. Mainly I collect Nintendo stuff, but I'm getting interested in Atari at the moment. My father gave me an SNES console as a present in 1994/1995 I think. The game I played most was something with Yoshi (I can't remember the complete name). I enjoy playing any kind of games, the new PC games a well as old NES games.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will anyone read this? Probably not, but figured I might as well throw my hat in the ring. Five minutes 'til I eat some breakfast.

I'm Nick, would be that on the forums, 'cept it's taken. Oh well, my eBay user id will do for now. And, uh, the name of my amazing website. I'm from the US of A, in case anyone was wondering.

I'm 16 years old, and thankfully, I'm not one of those "omg wtf lolz INTERNETZ HAHA" type of people. No worries here.

What do I hope to contribute to the community? Hopefully some tidbits of knowledge (mainly Dreamcast...I know the going price of every single US game, amongst other things ) and some sales items. My bud and I run an internet business buying/selling old Sega games (Sega CD and Dreamcast). Ironically enough, I'm not really that big of a Sega fan -- it just rolled around that way. A few of you have probably bought something from me on eBay, or off another forum (I frequent Dreamcast History, DCPawnshop and DCEmu).

Oh, and I bought the Digital Press Advance guide. That's gotta give me a few points, right? :P