Page 67 of 164 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, im a small town canadian boy that needs his video games i have been collecting for awhile mostly sega stuff but have been turned to the TG16 and im working hard on finishing my collection, i have lots of stuff to trade including some TG16 games & i came from another forum cgcc.ca and thought i would check things out over here as well.

hope to do some trading and meet some cool people
    take it ease

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduce yourself!

Yo! I'm Marlon. I'm from Chelmsford England. My first computer was an Amstrad CPC 464, and my first console was a Sega Master System. I am currently getting back into my Megadrive collection. My all-time favourite games are SNES Super Mario Kart and Gunstar Heroes. Boo yaa!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Enzo from NJ. Big dork. Sold off a lot of my video games a few years ago. Getting back into it, still not very good at it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by FalchionBeta; 08-28-2009 at 03:12 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default new to the group

Hello everyone,

I joined the group because I was refered to it by a yahoo group I joined, and they said I'd fit in just fine here!

I started collecting games about 4 years ago, but I also had to bonus of never getting rid of any of my systems, right now my console collection consists of:
    Top Loading NES,SNES,N64,Sega Genesis,Sega Saturn,Sega Dreamcast,Game Boy Advance,Phillips CD-I, and of course, my X-Box.

I'm always interested to hear about systems, all "retro systems" as I'm trying to find a hand held TurboGraphx and pretty much any other system that I don't currently have.
    I'm sure I'll be around on the forums,and my Y! screen name is the_humor_in_blasphemy
    - Todd
    to the end an experiment in reorienting oneself within a world of total uncertainty.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yo, I'm a guy from Venezuela, I have a nice collection I don't really focus on making it bigger, but I like to buy games from the past that I enjoyed renting as a kid and those I have recently discovered that I enjoy.

Most of the games from my collection are N64 games (it's my favorite console) but my SNES collection might catch up someday if I don't stop buying SNES games :P

I also like new consoles but I barely have the money to buy new games. However, I recently bought a DS with Mario & Luigi and I'll receive Animal Crossing WW later in the year.

My consoles are(in order of purchase):

SNES - 14 games
    GB - 7 games
    N64 - 16 games
    GBA - 1 game
    GC - 11 games
    GBC - 5 games
    NDS - 1 game

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi2u

What's up guys.

After participating in my second South Jersey Game Night, I was told I had to register to the forums. So here I am,

23 years young, I hail from Delaware and have a mass of gaming utensils stashed in my basement. My collection boasts everything from 2600 and Colecovision to Turbografx to Gamecube and beyond.

Grandma (lol) Chandler and I have known each other irl for a little over 14 years now, and I have him to thank for the thousands of dollars I've pumped into digital refreshment. I currently play EverQuest *ducks* on the Povar server but I always make time for console gaming.

Fav game atm: Gain Ground - Genesis
    Fav game all time: Secret of Mana - SNES

Can't think of anything else to add, except I hope to get to know you folks better. Oh and thanks to Nick for the inspiration for my username! :P

Peace!

[xxx)==

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    size18s
    PSN
    bickman2k

Well, I've been around here a lot before, but never posted. I have been seen a little on GameFAQs and NES Alt, but I doubt that anyone knows who I am (except for maybe CMOSfm)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello

I am a 35 y.o. collector/gamer. Got the gaming bug playing Space Invaders when I was 10. I tried collecting for several systems but now focus on CIB Atari 2600 games. I sold off several awesome non-2600 collections to focus on the 2600. I post a bit on Atari Age under the same nickname, ntavio. I just purchased the pride of my collection, CIB Q*bert Qubes.

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well its been a while since I joined and thought it was time for a formal introduction...

I am an avid game/gadget enthusiast who although not a true collector, respect those that do as I think it is one of the more entertaining hobbies out there. I worked in the video game field for a long time but recently returned to school to finish some preparation for some career oriented goals. I don't dedicate as much time as I used to playing like I did back in my 8-bit (nes) heyday, but I still enjoy a good go round (recently with Resident Evil 4). I think DP represents the forefront in classic collecting as well being just a classy establishment in general. I'm honored to be a member of such a great community and look forward to contributing in my own little way.

DD

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. I was just clicking around on Google and found this place, so I thought I'd join up.

Originally from the UK but now living in Winnipeg, Manitoba with my Wife and baby.

I'm 29, (30 next month ) and have been into video games most of my life. Had a Spectrum 48k growing up, traded up to an Atari ST in my early teens and got into PCs around 19/20. Console wise I went SNES, PSX, PS2. I also play around with emulation for just about everything these days.

Pleased to meet you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey

I'm Jean-Francois from Montreal Canada.

I'm a member of CCJVQ/QVGCC (Quebec Video Game Collectors Club) since 2000.

I'm a big Sega Fan and getting interested in the TG16 and TurboDuo.
    reno5 - CCJVQ member

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Jacques and I love video gaming. I've been lurking the forums for quite a while but I have only recently decided to participate in the discussions.

My favourite system is the Dreamcast. My second favourite is the PlayStation. I don't have very many games myself but I do get alot of playtime out of the ones I do own so it's all good.

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default =D

Hey I'm Jenn.
    Uh, I found the forums because Joe told me what they were.
    I live across the street from DP
    I'm the first employee there.
    My favorite types of games are RPG's.
    And I think Joe should make a no0b forum to put the introductions in.

:P

A scattered dream that's like a far off memory
    I want to line the peices up
    Yours and mine

First ever Digital Press employee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Jason from the oh-so-rainy state of Washington. Outside of gaming, I'm an avid Seahawks fan (yes, even when they lose) and work a standard 40 hrs a week. But enough about "real life"... Let's talk more about gaming.

My initial interest in video games began in these dark caverns known as "arcades" back in the 80's. Since I was just a kid, I didn't have much money to actually play the games, but watching other people play was free and almost as fun. Once I learned that I could actually play "Donkey Kong" at home on the Atari 2600, that's when my collecting began (although I didn't realize it yet). Leaving out quite a few details inbetween, this brings us to the present day...

I actually stumbled upon this forum as I was searching for the rarity of some systems I own (and continue to search for). My admittedly unattainable goal in life is to own every game system ever made. I currently own 90+ systems (including handhelds) and am always searching for more. Needless to say, eBay has been my friend. I'm also extremely lucky to have a wife who understands my passion.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, I have been a member for a while, but I don't remember introducing myself, and honestly I almost never post here, but I want to change that, so here goes: I go by Lunchbox, or online The Infamous Lunchbox. I prefer not to give out my real name. I live in Utah, and find that Utah has incredible deals on incredible games (I am talking a $8 mint copy of Panzer Saga, and other insanities left and right. Maybe people are just dumb here!). I found these forums years ago looking for system info on some obscure stuff. It was great to find out there are other "freaks" like me.
    My favorite games (as of now, they change constantly):
    Tenchi Wo Kurau II, Sega Saturn
    Contra Hard Corps Sega Genesis (somebody stole my copy though, I am seriously burned here)
    Dracula X: Rondo Of Blood PCE, great title
    Guardian Heroes Sega Saturn
    Klonoa PSX
    Incredible Crisis PSX
    Fire and Ice NES
    Lolo 1,2, and 3 NES
    Pirates! Nes
    Pirates!Gold! Genesis
    Blazing Star Neo Geo (I have a MVS)

I don't know if you really can call me a collector, as I only buy games I want to play, but every game I own has to be complete, and mint. Weird huh? The only system I actually collect for is the NGPC, I'm almost done there, only about 9 games left now, too bad they're all rare as sin. Right now I am trying to finish picking up the last of the Genesis, TG/Duo/PCE, Saturn, NES, SNES, and Sega CD games I want. I know that's a lot to buy for, add in I still buy current games and it's awful.

In real life I am a laboratory technician for a medical lab. I prefer the title Urine Wrangler though. It makes my job feel more... Adventurous I suppose. Taming the wild urines of the land.... And well, I will just stop right there, I get to see a lot of interesting things at my work, including amputated body parts, organs, and even a entire human brain with a attached spinal cord once. Good times.

Outside of gaming I enjoy so-called "extreme" sports, although I don't think there is anything athletic behind skydiving, repelling, and the like. Really, anybody can do it, and I am far from great shape (not fat, just unhealthy). I also enjoy bowling immensely. I read a lot, I own about 3,000 books, and used to work in a library. I also own hundreds and hundreds of comic books. My current favorite is The Walking Dead, followed closely by Pirate Club! and Ultimate Iron Man. I stick more to sci-fi and horror/mystery comics though. I write a little in my spare time, and go to college, where I have no idea what I am doing.

Now you know a lot about me, but how you wonder did I get into gaming? Of all things encouragement from my parents. My brother and I got a Ti-99 when I was young, and my parents encouraged us to "program" and play games on it. Later on they also bought us a NES, and I played Colecovision at my friend's house constantly before that. My brother and I bought our Genesis together, and well, it was all downhill after that. My 3rd job was in a video game store, where I worked for 5 years, and ended up as General Manager (I quit due to differences with owners) and due to that place I amassed about 2,500 games and who knows how many systems (about 40-50 systems, that's with handhelds) before a major sell off. I still own about 700 games, but I no longer play rpg's and games that demand tons and tons of hours. Now am tracking down all the great shooters and platformers I discarded or passed by in the past.

Whew, that was a lot. Nice to meet you all. See you around.

Strawberry (Level 2) starsoldier1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

Hi everybody, I'm Ryan 'StarSoldier' Genno and I'm just another Canadian video game collector here that loves this stuff. I have playing games all my life so there is no stopping now, eh? I have been collecting them for nearly a decade now here is my scary count list so far:

640 NES (almost complete)
    370 Sega Genesis
    290 Super Nintendo
    100 Sega Master (almost complete too)
    140 Playstation (not even close)
    2 Vectrex (yeah, that one isn't so impressive)
    and a bunch of others

You can read my opinions on all sort of games at my own personal website at www.videogames101.com (shameless plug!). I'm looking to meeting other gamers who share my hobby.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introducing myself

Hello all!

I'm Cristiano, a 28 y/o brazilian dude that loves old videogame systems.

It's nice being part of this forum. I've been visiting DigitPress for some years, but i never noticed that there was a Forum. Lol! So, i decided to come in and make part of this nice community.

Well, i collect some games and systems. My collection's not that large, but i really like all my games. The systems are:

- NES
    - Game Boy Classic
    - Game Boy Color
    - Sega Master System
    - Super Nintendo
    - Nintendo 64
    - Playstation

I don't have any newer systems yet because they're expensive to buy here, in Brazil. But i will!

I don't consider myself as a "collector". I'm just a guy that loves videogame and want to have the games i like most. I don't buy games for standing still on shelves, getting covered with dust. I buy games for playing them!

If you want to check my collection, just send me a msg. I'm still building my list here into Digitpress, but i already have it published on IGN and Gamespot.

I think that's all. See ya, fellas! And sorry for my crappy english!

HarvestDude
    Livin' n' Learnin'...tendo!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Ryan from Nashville, tn. Currently own 20 something systems along with over 1000 games with about 60 dups. Just like collecting and playing, don't like sealed games cus I'll just open them, fill out the registration card, and play the game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Derek... I got my first Game Boy Pocket the Christmas right after it was released. I don't know when that is nor do I care, but I was born in 1990 so that can give you an idea.

Only recently did I start to care about my stuff as much as I do so I started recollecting and protecting all of my stuff. I mainly love Nintendo handhelds and random merchandise. I am only 15, and can't get a job, so my collection is kinda slow growing until this summer. Then, I will hit garage sales and can hopefully drive and stuff. My current collection is:

Nintendo DS:
    Electric Blue system (I had Titanium since release date then sold to buy blue)
    Nintendogs stylus shell
    Nintendogs lunchbag and screen wipe
    Electroplankton (import), Touch!Kirby (import), Super Mario 64 DS, Wario Ware: Touched!, Yoshi Touch'n'Go, Nintendogs: Chihuahua and friends, Metroid Prime: Hunters demo, Meteos, Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World.

Game Boy:
    I sold all my advance stuff recently except for my GCN>GBA link cable.
    Game Boy Color: Clear Purple (just bought today for $11 at EB, near mint)
    Tetris (which I have had since I got my pocket)
    Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
    Kirby's Pinball Land (I LOVE THIS GAME)
    Pokemon: Crystal
    Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
    Pokemon Pinball (I love this one as well. I still have the original battery that came with it.)
    Game Boy Printer w/ 4 rolls of paper: White, yellow, blue, and a blue roll in the printer.
    Game Boy Camera Official Guide (funny to read through)

My goal is to get all 6 base colors of the Color, get any different colors of the Pocket I can find, an Original, any colors of it I can find, and then I may work on GBA. I will also get the DS Lite as soon as I get money when it comes out.

I do have quite a few other systems/games, but my Nintendo portables are all I care about.