Page 7 of 164 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess the most recent site outage ate my original introduction.

I'm Alan, age 30, from Cleveland. I'm a lawyer. I don't remember how I found the forum, but I'm glad I did. The forumers here are friendly and knowledgeable.

I like games in which you shoot things. Fortunately, several video games of this type have now been released.

I'm collecting for Atari 2600/7800, NES, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, PSX, Dreamcast, GBA, and PS2. I've got an N64, too, but I don't think having two games for it (Perfect Dark, Conker's BFD) counts as "collecting". I generally only collect games that I think I would like to get around to playing one day (e.g., retirement?). This means that I don't get sports games or RPGs, although I fully respect the rights of other *people* to enjoy such...*things*. (OK, I've got a soft spot for 2600 Realsports Football. Unalloyed nostalgia, I guess.) I don't think of myself as a "completist", but I do have most of the arcade game ports released for PSX. I'll know that I've crossed over to the dark side, though, the day I finish "NAMCO" and buy Namco Museum Vol. 5, which contains only games that I'd never played, seen, or heard of. At that point I'll know the disease is terminal, so I'll probably start importing Namco Anthology, too.

I grew up on the 2600, but I only started collecting this year. In fact, I didn't even play any console games (strictly arcade and computer) post-crash until I got a PSX as a wedding present (wedding present!) in 1997. It took me THAT LONG to get over my D-pad aversion. (Why didn't anybody TELL me that they made a joystick for the NES?)

Even so, the PSX just sat in a corner for a few months after I got it until finally Colony Wars (the first one) got its hooks into me. It was the beginning of the end once again, thank goodness. Once I finished school and got a job, I realized that even after the student loan payment I had a couple of dollars left over to pick up some used games (no, not enough to get new games). And that I could pick up a Genesis, a Saturn, and a Dreamcast for about $100 TOTAL. And I discovered that from 1983 to 1997 I had missed several good games, and I thought that maybe I should check them out...

Anyway, I've found that when you get more than a couple of games a month in the mail, it's better to have them delivered to work and then smuggle them into the house. The cats haven't ratted me out yet, and I keep buying the economy size tubs of catnip.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Me

Hi. My name is Chris and I'm a computer animation student who devotes too much of his time to playing old video games. I'm a big fan of adventure games like zelda and final fantasy, but I'll play about anything. Sometimes my friends call my Guybrush Threepwood, because apparently I resemble him. I am also a mighty pirate. At the moment I'm into old nintendo and arcade games. I'd like to get into newer games as well, but until I graduate and get a job I'm po. My girlfriend and I just beat bubble bobble on the nes with "the good ending". Cursed level 57.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well my name is Scott Davidson,I hope there are no stalkers here....
    I(think)I am one of the youngest people here,well I was at AtariAge,at at ripe age of 15.

All my life I have liked video game,and I never sold them,for an unknown reason,even to me!I just got into classic games about a year or two ago and have been getting as much of the mas I can find,or pay for.
    I have been posting at AtariAge for about a year now,and it has been too much fun,just like posting here for 5min has been!

I collect both classic and modern games,and also like to hango ut with friends,liek every 15year old,go to movies,and play lacrosse.

My fav kind of music is punk rock,with my fav band being the Ataris,I can't wait to see them!

Well I have typed too much,and now my hands hurt....Oh well see you around the boards! 8)

P.S Yes,I always end my posts with threeemoticons,don't ask why.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I know Pacman, and YOU sir are no Pacman

Currently residing in Montréal and hailing from the cold northern nights I am known by one of two names - Asplagis or Zettaijin.

I was a member of the old EzBoard version of the DP message board but failed to make the switch over to the new version out of a lack of time.

Seeing as the owner and operator of DP is a pretty spiffy fellow who came to post over on VALIS more than once, I figured I owed him. Thus, I'm back with my own brand of peculiar analysis of videogames and related issues (i.e. VR/Polygons vs. 2D/representation; a certain lack of creativity in the current video game world due to the oversaturation of capitalist think tanks within the industry).

As far as videogames go, I'm quite fond of the Super Fire Pro Wrestling series as well as many more obscure Japanese SNES titles such as Clocktower and Demon of/Diable de LaPlace. I also enoy a good RPG from time to time, though I find that too many are overlooking the potential for politically charged storylines such as those found in game like Fallout II and its obvious but still interesting anti-U.S./Bush stance.

Outside of videogames you'll find me discussing Marxism, Anarchism as well as other political theories, defending non-essentialism and deconstructing reality - that's when I'm not running from riot gear-clad policemen/women during a protest.

I also happen to to enoy Dario Argento and David Lynch movies and my musical tastes are odd to say the least...

Any other questions?
    Asplagis

VALIS

Politics, sci-fi, wrestling, literature and doing the frisco!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Deano, currently 26 years of age and my first memory at age 2 was of a Grandstand/Fairchild channel F. Gives you an idea of the type of person I am :shock:

Games are my life, no I really mean it. Been in the 'business' for over 5 years as a programmer. I started collecting about 2 years ago and have managed to acquire 30+ systems and hundreds of games from Pongs to Gamecube.

Google found this site (I've lurked for a while).

The worst thing is all the things I didn't collect back then (why didn't I keep my CD player? It was a Dreamcast DevKit for some time). I also make a habit of storing various cancelled projects I've worked on, unfortantely I have a tendency to mislay the CDs.

I also know more about video games hardware (both old and new) than is healthy.

I almost forgot to mention I live near Cambridge, UK

Deano

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, this looks like a rockin video game board so I'll give it a try

I Guess all you fellow gamers need to know is that I have been gaming for over 17 years now and I am always amazed out out the industry advances itself Game On!
    Games, games and more games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default collector since 8

My name is joe, my frindes call me Big JC.
    I have been collecting nintendo stuff since age 8...im 22 now

i was at NWC in cincy ohio...still have vip passes and all that

i just graduated college....i am a computer geek by trade...web monkey if you will

i collect for all things nintendo, some sega, some atari

i have
    180+ nes games
    6 Virtual Boy games
    7 Sega
    85 snes
    80 atari

i started getting np when i was a kid and have renewed every year
    favorite game of all time is duck tales for nes

i live for the thril of the hunt ie...last week found final fantasy for nes mint with box instruction and map for $3 at flea market...it mad my week......

also i have World of nintendo display cas that came from swallens when the went out of biz....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Helloooo.

Hi, I'm new. And my name's Carla. Umm, I like games and stuff. Been playing them since I was pretty young. Though, I may not know everything about gaming and such. I can always learn more.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. My name's...... Spike, ya, that sounds good........

I've been living off of videogames all my life. I'm 21. I have short hair....... sexy eyes...... ahem, never mind that..... I, uhhhhh, I useto work at CMGSCCC.com making Code Breaker codes round the time PSO started up..... let's see..... Feb of...... a few years ago? I don't know what else to say...... I write fiction? I have a car? Ummmmmm........... I mean, I'm just ME! You'll just have to find out if you like me or not.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default This is me...in a nutshell...nut.....shell...mmm, pistachios

:lol: Name: Dave something or other, Rose, Black, Mark, JR, Knight, Ali, Gypsy, Rhody, Carric, Jarik, Kat, Whistler, Skunk, Encyclopedia....

Location: Derry, PA, a teeny tiny little town, about 20 minutes from the absolute middle of nowhere

:twisted: Sex: Male

:lol: Marital Status: Single, 'cept for my '79Jeep CJ5

:shock: Hobbies & Interests: Adrenalin, caffeine, nicotine.......in that order, Warhammer 40K, Renaissance Festivals, coital interaction with persons of the feminine gender, good conversation (and we all know how hard that is to find,) blades, Asatru, almost anything new and nifty

:wink: Favorite Gadgets: My waffle iron (it makes BIG waffles,) my crepe maker, and my electric blanket, wait, was I supposed to talk about my computer?

Occupation: You name it, I've probably done it.......and I got paid for some of it too, at the moment, I build TVs for Sony

Personal Quote: There's no such thing as too much of a good thing....this is called a flogger....to err is human, to really frell things up takes a guy named Dave who calls himself Rose....yes, those are real handcuffs....I'm not immature, you're just uptight....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, my name's James, I'm a 20 year-old male from central Ohio. I've been playing video games ever since I was an infant (no kidding, I beat my first game when I was 2 or 3. Deadly Towers for NES, with the help of a NES Advantage. Heh).

I'm a really big Sega fanboy, and it really shows sometimes. I've been playing Sega games since the Master System, and I also play just about anything else I can get my hands on.

I've seen Digital Press before on the web and in print form (including the nice plug in an EGM), but never bothered to register to the forums. I felt like doing so now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, to the intro!

I'm Steve, residing in Austin, TX, and run INTV Funhouse. I hail from Wisconsin, and after moving to Austin, rediscovered my passion for Intellivision after too many years of grad school and no money.

I hang out on r.g.v.c. and can ramble on about the Inty all night.

The Atari VCS - or, as you latecomers insist on calling it, the 2600 - is also special to me, but only for getting fun games to play, not collect. I've been meaning to pick up a Colecovision and Odyssey^2 for some time now, but never seem to find what I'm looking for.

So, that's all, folks!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduce Yourself

Salutations! My name is secret, and basically, so is everything else about me. I just got into collecting, only for Nintendo Systems. I only buy new and sealed items, so don't try to sell me something that is used. As you can see, I love cows! Well, I guess that is all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by nookscranny321
    Salutations! My name is secret, and basically, so is everything else about me. I just got into collecting, only for Nintendo Systems. I only buy new and sealed items, so don't try to sell me something that is used. As you can see, I love cows! Well, I guess that is all.
    Edit: Sorry about the cow thing. The avatar was too big. Anyways, did I mention that I'm obssesed with Animal Crossing?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been asked to come forward.

Yet there is none among us who does not know of me.
    I am the hand of justice.

Internet evil-doers beware and fear the might of Magnor.

--THE MIGHT MAGNOR

p.s. When not defending the DP homefront, I collect stray video games. Releasing them from the clutches of the would-be thrift store villains.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yo. im a nintendo fan, and i love all video games. my current favorites are timesplitters2 and animal crossing!
    "If words were wisdom, I'd be talking even more."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mutante from cologne,germany
    i`m into seti@home (http://seti23.org) , discordianism and collect for commodore 64 and 128.
    I`m not as think as you stoned i am.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- David Steyer
    - Watertown, NY (ugh...)
    - Forgot
    - That's kind of hard
    - SNES, Dreamcast, Genesis/32X, PC, Saturn, PSX, etc etc
    - 9th grade student
    - I'm only 15, and it all started around '93 (or was it '92) when I got a Sega Genesis for Chrismas. I became a fan of games, but didn't get addicted till '96 when I got my first compute.

I'd play tons of PC games, then I became a PC only person, because I was bored with console games for the next 3 years. I found emulation in '99, and slowly (but surely!) I became more intrested in console games, and then I bought a PSX in 2000.

I've since then started to collect old games, but it's hard in my city to get games. I make do with what I can get. Yet, even more depressing, I have no job or allownece, but I still make at least $50 a month. I do a lot of other things in my spare time. Like: spend time with family, write, play soccer, watch Super Sentai, etc etc. Oh yeah, one last thing. I post news for a site known as "SegaFans".

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Once again......

- James from Peterborough England, age 20.
    - Currently a Film & Media Student / lazy-ass bum!
    - Found this board through someones 'me' page on ebay - thanks....!
    - Been playing Video Games on and off since the age of 7.
    - Favourite system has to be the old NES - so many memories!
    - The Spectrum 48K also has a special place in my heart (my first computer)!
    - Love going out with friends drinking......music......sport......mountain biking......cartoons.......film......I'm also a bit of a nostalgia
    freak......! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I am the Notorious Spoon!

What's that, never heard of me? ok maybe I'm not so Notorious, maybe quasi Notorious.

I'm 19 and I've been gaming now for about 16 years! I'm pretty sure I was born with a controller in one hand and a light gun in the other.My first game was Super Mario Bros. 2 and the last I bought one was Bubble Bobble 2.

I once bought Dash Galaxy for the NES for $50 when it was new, I'm convinced that game is the meaning behind life.

I just recently got back into collecting NES games and have over 500 titles, I'm almost there on my complete NTSC collection. So Hi to whom ever reads this and Hi to those who don't.