Page 72 of 164 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok im going to use the original post from DP for my intro.

- My name is James
    - I live in the wonderful state of South Carolina
    - Was referred here by a good friend and (from what I understand) a heavy poster here. Name is Cmosfm. He is actually what inspired me to collect. I have always wanted to, always checked ebay auctions and bought at flea markets, but never got to "collecting" like I wanted to, until now.
    - Favorite games : F-Zero, any Zelda, Halo 2, Sim City, CoolBoarders 2, Perfect Dark, GoldenEye
    - Right now I am focusing on collecting SNES games. I would like to expand, and I will still buy stuff that I think is worth it, but my focus is SNES. I loved the system and now I want a good, possibly even complete collection.
    - I work in the cell phone industry, and also like collecting older/awesome cell phones. I have had 29 different phones in less than 5 years. I get bored easily.
    - Eh not many interesting facts really. Just like to hang out, work, do stuff with friends, the regular stuff.

My Collection so far:
    3 x NES
    1 SNES
    1 GameCube
    1 Xbox
    1 Xbox 360
    1 Sega Saturn
    1 Dreamcast
    1 Atari 5200 (pending...may be trading)
    1 GameGear
    1 Nintendo DS

Games:
    10 or so NES (so many lost over the years)
    25-30 SNES
    3 Saturn
    7-8 Xbox (none matter but Halo 2 to me)
    4 Xbox 360
    2 Gamecube
    12-15 Dreamcast
    1 GameGear
    1 DS
    7 5200

Small collection, but now steadily growing.

Well thats my intro. Thanks for looking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Quote Originally Posted by 67dash
    - Was referred here by a good friend and (from what I understand) a heavy poster here. Name is Cmosfm. He is actually what inspired me to collect.
    Cmosfm is a great member here, he and I always seem to be posting in the same threads.

Anyways James welcome to the boards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello

My name's Matt and I live in South Carolina. I saw a link to this on anothet site and my favorite games are Resident Evil, Kirby, Mario, Secret of Mana, Castlevania, Contra, Gunstar Heroes, Adventure, The Suffering, Final Fantasy series, Wizardy, R Type, Worms, Zelda, and a lot of other games. I collect for SNES, NES, and Playstation 1 and 2. I listen to a lot of music, watch tons of movies, and want to one day direct.

Strawberry (Level 2) Drag0nsfyre's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone,
    I've been browsing the forums for about a week now and I decided to join. I grew up and have been gaming since the Atari and NES era. I was like alot of people who would be out with the old in with the new etc. ditching an old system for the new one. I currently own a PS2,XBOX, GameboySP and I aquired my Dreamcast back. recently though, I've been wanting to go back to the games and systems I grew up on.(sign of getting old?! ) I am planning on tracking down a SNES and I'm also thinking about getting a N64 ( I never owned or played much of it either since I ended up buying a PS instead at the time)
    Other interests of mine include, anime and collecting toys (action figures mainly) vintage and new. I'm building up my Shogun Warriors collection and also have some Micronauts as well. plus tons of other newer figures.
    Anyways, I'm sure I will enjoy many great discussions and hope to contribute as well to the board.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How's it going. My name is John I'm 19. I live in Birmingham, AL. For my everyday occupation i install security systems. Aside from that i'm a combat engineer in the Marine Corps Reserves. I collect pretty much any video games. I don't really focus on any one system in particular. I would like to be able to complete my Neo-Geo Pocket Color collection though (just recently found a neo-geo pocket/dreamcast link cable). Some of my favorite games are SNK vs. Capcom: Cardfighters Clash, Grandia II, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Legend of Legaia, and Shenmue. At least those are the games that I am currently playing. If anyone is ever interested in selling any NGPC stuff let me know.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default .......

I live in the Omaha, NE area, but grew up in Colorado. am 30 years old. have been playing video games since 1982, dont play as much now with a little one at home, I'd like to start collecting games from the NES first then maybe Atari 7800, then SNES. As you can tell i am a Nintendo guy. I work in retail. Love Football and Fantasy Football. Use to collect ball cards, but haven't in awhile. I miss the days of going to the local arcade and playing games and hanging out with friends til 8 or 9. I love the 80s. Found out about this site while on Gamefaqs and someone mentioned it and have loved this site ever since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What a great group of n00bs! I look forward to chatting with you guys on the boards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    prof biggzy
    PSN
    biggzy

Hellooooo!

I'm a 25 year old master's graduate currently working in retail. I hope to eventually get a job teaching English composition at a community college or university.

I've had a non-stop interest in gaming all my life. I cut my teeth on an Atari 2600 and moved on to the NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. I've held on to most of my original games and am always adding to past and present system libraries. Some of my favorite games are Dragon Warrior (NES), Animal Crossing (GC/DS), just about any 2d Castlevania installment, and most old-school PC adventure games (i.e. Monkey Island series, Full Throttle, etc.). My current-gen genre preferences are mostly limited to action/platformers and RPGs.

My other interests include movies, comics/manga/Anime, post-modern literature, Japanese culture (still haven't visited...), and pro wrestling. I used to oversee the operation of the soon-to-be defunct wrestlerant.com and it's weekly podcast. I don't care much for long walks on the beach and I hate spiders. I live with my fiancee and our four cats. I blog at biggzy.org.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shenmue37
    If anyone is ever interested in selling any NGPC stuff let me know.
    Take a peek over in the Buying and Selling forums.

Insert Coin (Level 0) mydjsobad's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    mydjsobad

Hello, my name is Eddie and I'm a 22 year old casual collector from Anaheim, CA. I began collecting when I was 15, at that time I had a pretty massive collection due to my abundance of money from living with my parents and holding a steady job. I sold alot of my original collection when I moved out, but never lost the desire to continue collecting.

I first started visiting this site about a year ago or so, I was using it as a reference for buying and selling on ebay and with friends. I decided to start posting recently when I had a question about a VICE Project Doom proto cart I picked up for $5 at a local game store.

I collect all sorts of games and systems with no general favorite amongst them all. My primary focus in terms of genres is Music Gaming, of which I have a currently complete collection of Japanese and American Konami music titles (bemani) and a 75% complete collection of other miscellanious titles. I'm also the lead webmaster and owner of www.bemanistyle.com which is arguably the largest general music gaming website online.

Aside from that, I'm a Game Advisor at a local gamestop and enjoy going to arcades, watching movies, and hanging out with friends.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Hello everyone. Ponyone here. Thought I'd introduce myself.

Used to be a collector (of video game systems, not games) and used to have a slew of em, but I now only have:

xbox - used mainly for divx movies and emulation

Gamecube - Got it for my girlfriend but we share

Dreamcast - in Sports edition black.

Sega Saturn - chipped for my pleasure

PS1 - Was never really a fan of the PS (Can't get comfortable with the controller) but it was only 5 dollars so why not?

Sega/Sega CD - getting rid of this soon

Virtual Boy - Was I the only one who liked this thing? Sheesh. I took it off it's little legs and stuck it on a video camera tripod to make it more a "standup arcade machine"

Actionmax with 3 boxed games - for sale soon

Odyssey 2 incomplete - sale or brother gift giver

Gameboy SP - Never get around to playing it but there it is.

I would love to get all of my once loved systems back (working on getting a 3do for my birthday in May.. hint hint)

I've made some horrible deals (on my part) in the past on ebay. Too embarrassing to tell here.

My claim to fame - finding a working 'fatboy' PS2 at a thrift store (same one I got the ps1 for 5 dollars) for $3.31 this past Christmas... gave it to my sister for the holiday.

Anyhoo, Hello.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

text gone:

- deleting my digital foot print -
    Last edited by KennyB; 02-22-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, my name is Ron. I'll be 34 in a couple of days. I live in Missouri. Right now Im working in a diner across the street from my house (due to many unfortunate events). Ive been playing video games since the late seventies starting with a pongsports game system from sears, never can remember the real name of it. My favorite system is the sega master system and the genesis. I did have quite a collection built up but ended up selling them for far less than their value on ebay. I will probably start collecting again working on mainly sega stuff. My favorite game of all time is probably Phantasy Star on the SMS, with many others close behind. Anyway , just wanted to post a hello.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*OK time to nut up and do this*

Hello, my name is Brandon. I'm 27, I live in Moose Lake Minnesota (about 40 miles south of Duluth). I've been maried for almost 7 years and have four kids (all boys ages 8, 6, 5, 3).

In real life I'm a carpenter and I help my wife out with her daycare, (she does daycare out of our home). If you can't beat them (daycare cost) join them.

I found these forums browsing the net. You guys made me feel like there are others like me (the collecting part). I've been a member awhile but don't post (very rarely), I enjoy reading this site alot more. Hopefully I will be comfortable posting more in the future. This is about the only site I visit daily.

My favorite games are the ones that I can play longer than 15 minutes, mostly RPG. I also enjoy football, action/adventure, shooters and Tetris. Some all time favorites are: Gun.Smoke, Bomberman, Blazing Lazers, Parasite Eve, and Dark Cloud.

My collection is about 740 different games. Of those roughly half is NES. My goal is to get a complete loose set of all the NTSC released NES games. Also I have about 20 other systems and games, from Ulta Pong to PS2. So I guess I mostly collect for the NES but I usually won't pass up a good deal.

Unlike most others here I never played games growing up (my parents said everything from my brain would rot to them being evil). I started playing shortly after getting maried('99). I was aways interested in games but until I was out on my own I never could. I started collecting about 2 years later ('02). My collection grow alot after an agreement with my wife that if I quit drinking I could spend my monthly beer money on games. Some of you might laugh but now we're both alot happier. I don't really like Ebay or the B & S forums (yet) because I like the thrill of the hunt.

Anyways thats some about me and thank you for the GREAT site.
    I like pigs feet too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all,

I've made a few offers on the Buy and Sell board (and haven't gotten a single response! Bleh ) so I figured this might be a good opportunity for me to introduce myself. My name is Jim and I'm a 23-year-old student from Canada. Since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, I've been playing PC and console games in my spare time. Over the years, I developed a special affection for anything Sega-related. More recently, I purchased a used Genesis deck on eBay and have begun to rebuild my game collection (most of which was sadly traded to Microplay for a Nomad in the late '90s). I'm pretty knowledgeable about Sega console history and would love to participate in discussions related to this.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and let you know a little about me.

Cheers,
    Jim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everybody, I just joined this forum 5 minutes ago. My name is Alec, I am 22 years old and live in northern California. My favorite systems are Neo Geo, Sega Saturn, Super Nintendo, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Geneses, and NES. I hope one day to get a PC Engine Duo RX, and one day even have a model 1 Sega Wondermega, only time will thell though. At the moment I am mostly interested in getting carts for my new(old) Neo Geo MVS cab. My least favorite systems are PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube in that order. For the money that these companies charge for current gen systems, you should at least get something that won't break... like a Neo Geo. I sold my XBOX for $ for a Neo Home system in 2002 and never looked back.

Looking forward to using these forums. I want to learn how to use mame online, but I have yet to figure it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*Teleports in as a blue streak*

Hello all, my name is Reggie, but everyone just calls me Reg. I'm 24 (be 25 in July). I heard of this site through Sega-Spetsnaz and decided I'd check it out. The community is a lot larger than I thought it would be, but I can tell I'm gonna love it here. Although I do play a lot of games from today, I love old-school gaming. My NES, SNES, and Genesis are still hooked up to my TV and I'm always on the lookout for older hits.

Favorite genres are: SHMUPs, RPGs, Platformers, Action, Racing.

Oh and Mega Man rocks.

*Teleports out*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, my name is Peter, I am really happy I joined now and hope to learn lots of things and help out if I can. ^_^ My favorite games are Zelda and Metroid ...my brother makes me play Winning Eleven lots but I'm not that good at it. ^_^ I like to collect old Nintendo games, my first goal is to collect all the Japan games made by Nintendo ...I still have lots and lots to get. ^_^ I will try my best to fit in.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Jayson, alias of Jhonny Paradox, and I live in beautiful rainy Vancouver, BC Canada. I am currently a student in Game Art and Design at the Art Institute of Vancouver and am aiming to become a designer/artist in the wonderful industry that is gaming. I found the forums through a friend from school and instantly warmed to the 'atmosphere' here.

I began gaming at the tender age of 5 when in 1988 my family got a Sega Mastersystem for Christmas. Since then I've played through the past generations of consoles with just a little PC gaming thrown in within the past few years and many trips to local arcades 'back in the day'. At one point I was collecting systems and games, however, I went away for the summer break and came back to my systems being sold in a garage sale.

My favorite games are not based on names, nor titles or companies. I am an avid fan of well made games that are balanced, have a decent story or back story, excellent gameplay and are enterataining. That said, I don't focus too much on the graphics since graphics are always making advances with each generation of hardware, while other aspects will always have an undying philosophy.

Thank you if you took the time to read through my introduction and I'll be around here somewhere carving a niche.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, my name is George and I'm from Illinois. I love to play video games (that's part of the reason why I signed-up for this forum ) and hope to one day write reviews and articles for a Web site such as IGN or GameSpot.

Some of my favorite video games are The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest, Shenmue and Shenmue II, Final Fantasy VI, and Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

I like to collect games for pretty much any and every system I own, but I've recently become obsessed, if you will, with collecting old, sealed copies of Dreamcast and PlayStation games.