Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings,
    My name is John, 44yrs old(?) from Orange County, CA.
    I first started play vidgames way back in the early 70's, my older bro. bought an Odyssey, we hooked it up to the TV, applied the overlays and had a blast with all the variations of pong and the light rifle in some kind of haunted mansion type game.
    What I do in real life? I suppose you mean for a job or career,
    Well now, I feel kinda special!
    I'm a Teamster, Local 986 in Los Angeles, CA.
    What that means to those who care is..........I've worked the Sony Playstation Booth for the past 4 years at E3. Moving the freight in and setting it all up, 14 days prior to the opening of the show, then working the show while it's open, stocking the publication bins,(every gaming magazine you can imagine) and finally, moving it all out in less than 6 days.
    I met some of the Digital Press crew last year down in the Kentia Hall, they had a great display of retro gaming machines and other rare items....it kinda looked like my storage space, except your stuff was a lot cleaner!
    I started collecting, trading, buying and selling because of the lack of money.
    I couldnt afford to buy newgames so I placed free wanted ads in the local Recycler asking for cheap consoles, buy them for dirt, get them to throw in the games for free....I'd re-sell the consoles with 1 game & gun and keep the rest.
    How many copies of NES Mario/Duck Hunt can still be out in the wild? 20,000 at least!!
    I'm sorry for the long intro about me...I started to think too much and write way too much and you get the picture.
    Stupidity got us into this mess......why can't it get us out?
    -Will Rogers-

Play Fair, It's Only A Game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Goemon, and I collect Japanese PS1 games. (Although I occasionally play PS2 and Famicom, and I'm thinking about getting a Saturn, too.) I like all types of games, from slow-paced visual novels to twitch shooters like DoDonPachi. And, of course, Konami's Ganbare Goemon series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm Danny, 31..I live in Vallejo, CA - I been gaming since 1991..My first system was the NES with Super Mario Bro..

I have like 13 System's, My last one was the X-box back in Feburary..I don't work,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Kovacs from Ontario, Canada. Heard about this site some time ago, but as I've been getting more into collecting recently, thought I'd join up.

Like many, cut my gaming teeth on Super Mario/Duck Hunt, and have been addicted ever since. A few of my all-time favorite games would be Yoshi's Island, Earthbound, Gunstar Heroes, Planescape: Torment, Silent Hill, and Mega Man 3. I currently own an NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Boy/Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, N64, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox. Looking into expanding all of those collections, as well as the PC's here. Also trying to get a hold of a replacement Dreamcast, a Saturn, plus start into pre-NES consoles. Not a die hard collector yet, but hope to be soon.

In real life, just a simple student. Nothing exciting there. When video games aren't occupying my time, it's music and reading (mostly comics/graphic novels). Anywho, look forward to joining in the forums. See you all around.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm William Bermudez, also known as ROBOTNIK666.

Systems I collect for:

Atari 2600
    Game Boy
    Playstation 1
    Genesis

My earliest memory of video games was around 1996, when I saw my older sister playing Tetris on her computer. My first computer games were Centipede, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and my #1 favorite game that I still haven't been able to find after all these years, Tunnels of Armageddon.

The first video game system I got was the Game Boy Color on December 28, 2000. The next year, I got my Playstation 1, which I have been collecting for ever since.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Defconsoft's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, I'm Rob from the UK, been lurking for a while and decided to finally introduce myself.

I am a collector of all things PAL PS1, most of which is all listed up at http://www.defconsoft.co.uk. (And before you ask, if it asks you for a password it means I haven't got round to setting that page up yet).

My first gaming experience was so long ago I cannot actually pinpoint what it was, although it was more than likely something to do with the Dragon 32 and a Space Invaders cart that I couldn't get working. Obviously a lot has gone through my grubby little hands since then.

In real life well I make computer games, currently working as a designer at Team17 having done stints at Small Rockets and Electronic Arts beforehand.

So thats me, and hi!!!! *waves to all*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all! My name's Mike. I live in Middlesex, NJ. I've been gaming since I was 5, I'm now 26.

Found the site by googling for game collections like mine. Thought my collection would be impressive but compared to many of yours (at least the ones posted in the gallery) it appears I have much to learn.

My collection can be seen here: http://gamecollection.ytmnd.com

I used to sell my old games when Funcoland came around, then realized how much I missed them and I'm trying to get them all back. My flaw as a collector is that I MUST have AT LEAST the instruction manuals, so completing my once great collection is becoming a task.

My favorite games are definitely action games, some adventure, combat/adrenaline racing...basically anything except strategy and sports games. Castlevania and Contra I just can't get enough of.

I've worked at Circuit City for about 8 months now and before that it was Toys R Us for 5 years...::shudder::. They contributed to my collection as well as good ol' ebay.

I own about 32 different systems including the rare Game Boy Light, both game.coms, a Virtual Boy and a Jaguar w/ CD (stop laughing!!!). I plan to have a Gizmondo soon along with the new GP32 when they work the bugs out. I love both retro gaming and current consoles alike. I usually buy cartridges for the collection, I play most of them via emulators. CD-based games are played on the TV.

I hope to start a long and lasting friendship with all of you, as well as add to my already extensive game knowledge. I look forward to talking to all of you!

Z
    "They say the mind bends and twists to cope with the horrors of reality...but sometimes the mind bends so much that it snaps in two." --Twisted Metal Black

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROBOTNIK666
    and my #1 favorite game that I still haven't been able to find after all these years, Tunnels of Armageddon.
    Ahhh, $5 PC games. Maybe if the third and fourth legs weren't such pains in the ass more people would have played / remember that game. Used to see it now and then on abandonware sites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Jeff, a graphic designer in Denver, Colorado.

I've only become a real collector of video games in the past five years, but I collect for all the systems I had as a kid, except for the Sony Playstation. That I can blame on a fellow old-school gamer who showed me the compilations for that system.

My current systems are Atari 2600/7800, NES, SNES, Genesis, SegaCD, and PS1. Out of all that, my SNES and most games are original purchase, as is much of my Atari collection.

I prefer sticks over pads, although I don't hate pads outright. I am willing (and able) to do mods to my own systems with instructions.
    "I've not seen such bravery!"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

My name is Matt and I have been collecting for about 10-12 years. I only have about 700 games for all systems, but I am always adding more. My main interest and focus is on displays and kiosks. I currently have 12 with them being divided evenly between floor models and countertops. I am always on the lookout for new ones, so if anyone wants to get rid of one theres a good chance I'll be interested.

Well now that the intro is over I'm gonna dive into the wealth of info on this site.

Game on!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy! My name is Corey, and I collect primarily Nintendo-based consoles (NES, SNES, N64, etc.).

I currently have about 1000 NES games (about 700 or so unique, 230ish boxed), including quite a few rares.

Although I spend a great deal of time on these forums (a few hours a day), you won't see me post very often. I'm a proud lurker :P It's recently come to my attention that, compared to quite a few people here, I know almost nothing about classic game collecting. So, I spend most of my time trying to learn all that I can. Please excuse me if I ask or say something extremely stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, ny name is Paul. I live in Nashville, TN. I'm 27 years old. I haven't been collecting for a long time, about 2 years now. I decided one day after pulling out the old NES toaster that I missed playing all those good ol' games so I started collecting. I mainly collect cartridge based systems, or cd add-ons to cartridge based systems. I mainly collect for the NES, TG-16, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Atari 2600, Colecovision and Virtual Boy. It's a pleasure to join.
    Thanks.

Insert Coin (Level 0) the 5th ghost's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello folks,

I have been a gamer since our 1st Atari 2600 back in 1979. I've been activley collecting Atari memerobilia for about 10 years or so. I have a pretty extensive collection which I will post pix of when I can.

In the meantime, how are you doin?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,
    Everyone calls me Hutty in real life, Im 24 from Doylestown PA, (near Philly). Im just starting collecting, always been a huge fan of the old games and got the urge to dig out all my old stuff and play again. I wanted to throw up when I realized how much stuff was missing or mistreated. So Im almost starting over again from scratch. Im collecting for all systems from NES up, and see this as a chance to get all the stuff I always wanted as a kid and never had. Im starting with 32x because I figure it will be easy and relatively cheap to complete. Look forward to meeting everyone on here and starting my room of doom.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey.

My name is Mike. I live in Ohio, and found these forums by checking on just who wrote my Digital Press Guide. My favorite games are shooters, RPGs, and anything for Sega Saturn. I collect more or less across the board, and I'm just short of having a complete (well, not all the instructions or boxes) US Virtual Boy collection. I'm coming for you, Jack Bros. and V-Tetris! In real life I work at my father's office to facilitate my obsession with all things gaming. I'm 16 years old and started collecting classic when I was twelve and the trophies in Super Smash Bros Melee gave me an intense desire to experience NES and SNES classics. From there I moved on to Atari, Sega, NEC, and the whole classic era. I'm suprised at just how moronic most people my age are about video games, with most of them being able to tell you nothing more than "gta and halo r sweet!" Not so much. My future intention is to collect every bit of Saturn memorobilia ever, as it was my first system and got into home consoles. That and its library is top-freakin'-notch.
    Alert the internet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

Hiya. Name's Luke. Uh, I mean Rook.

I'm from America (about four different states), but currently am in Japan, until July. I joined these forums because I just bought an original Famicom and have some questions about that...

I'm mostly an old school gamer. My systems include:
    (old school)
    -NES (front loader)
    -SNES
    -Famicom '83
    -Genesis (type 1)
    -Sears Super Video Arcade (Intellivision)
    (new school)
    -PS2 (slim)
    -Gameboy SP (blue)

The games I prefer:
    -Metroid (yeah, all of them)
    -Metal Storm (NES)
    -R-Type Final (PS2)
    -Katamari Damacy (PS2)
    -Super Robot Wars series
    -Bionic Commando (NES)
    -Smash Brothers! ALL of them.
    -Just about anything imagination stimulating =)

By the way, I originally attempted signing up with my normal school e-mail account (ljones3@harding.edu), but I never got the activation e-mail. Not sure why.
    "You think you're cool, but you're just plain dumb!"
    --Black Manta (ninja)

<a href=http://www.rookjones.blogspot.com>Point Zero Zero: Journeys and Whimseys</a>

<a href=http://www.xanga.com/rookjones>An account of my travels in Japan

Insert Coin (Level 0) UNFORGIVINGPAIN's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Josh. I am 25, married with two boys. From Ohio now living in Weirton, WV. I'm a student in the Computer and Electronics Engineering program in Pittsburgh, PA. I have been collecting for about five months now. I have been playing since the mid 80's with NES, Genesis, SEGA C.D., SNES, GB, GBA, PS, PS2, Xbox, and GC. I'm collecting NES, SNES, N64, and Dreamcast. I also have Xbox, PS2, & Gamecube, but I'm not collecting those systems. My collection can be viewed HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

My name's Steve, i've been a member of Atari Age for years, and I've only lurked here in the past. I was a subscriber to Digital Press's paper editions from nearly the beginning, but kind of dropped off somewhere around issues in the 20s. Anyway, got tired of looking and finally signed up. Now, I just have to play with the board style to find a look that's not so incredibly cluttered...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys, here is a bit about myself!

I live in Australia and am an avid collector of NES and SNES games, in boxed and complete condition only.

I am seeking accurate price guides and information regarding where and how to obtain these games aside from ebay/garage sales.

Hoping that joining this forum will be a good place to start! I found the site thru a web search looking for general info on Nintendo gear.

My favourite NES game is Cobra Triangle, and SNES would be Mystical Ninja. In real life I am an unemployed Advertising graduate so if anyone has a job to offer me please let me know! (Nintendo of America , perhaps? :P)

Looking forward to posting reguarly on this forum, kudos Mods.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

You can call me hawk or night for short. I live north a bit of Atlanta GA, yes, I'm not far from the Falcons complex.

I don't remember exactly how I found these forums, but it was a few years back. I've basically just checked out the email they send out with upcoming releases.

My favorite games . . . . I like them all
    It really changes as time goes by, and I get in moods for one thing or another. Right now I'm hooked into Oblivion, and I've also started up Shenmue again.

I like to collect for Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, PSone and 2, Xbox and 360.

In R/L i'm a software engineer, and have been doing that sort of thing since 1990.

I don't remember how I ended up collecting video games. I recall being stunned by the awesomeness of Sonic the Hedgehog when I saw it running at a demo in a Sams club. I had played the NES some years back, but this was over the top. So I snapped up the genesis with a pack that had Sonic, Alien Storm and one of the Shinobi games. It seemed like everybody in the house was loving sonic, my mom, dad, sister, and friends couldn't get enough of it.

The next system that really wowed me was the Dreamcast. So I guess this officially makes me a Sega fan :P

That's all for now, have fun everybody.