Page 75 of 162 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3223

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Derrik, 19, from Hackettstown, NJ. Been reading the boards for a bit now, decided to actually post.

I currently have the following: PS2/PS1, Xbox, PSP, Dreamcast, GBA sp, GBC, N64, NES - and about 100 games combined for all of them. Just recently got into collecting.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Masked Avenger here.

I used to be a big gamer, but job, school, girlfriend, and just life in general makes it difficult for me to follow the gaming scene. I still play classic games whenever I can. I like the emu scene.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, I just discovered this website and I am thrilled about it. I come from GameFAQs as a prolific writer, and I am a huge fan of classic gaming as well as newer games as well. It's good to find a community that supports both, as far too many people are biased against newer games or older games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GhostDog here. I knew about this site for about a year now if not more but I lurked most of the time rather than post because topics here are usually crowded and it feels like many posts don't get acknowledged.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey. Right now I'm playing alot of DS and Atari2600. I just got a 2600 again after 10 years. I'm not a collector, just a player. I spend most of time online at www.twingalaxies.com and thats how I found this site. Thank you Stonic.
    I like bananas because they've got no bones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi im TH14Arsenal otherwise know as Rob. I currently go to college and have played video games for most of my life.

I found this website when I looking for info on some NES games which im am starting to collect. I own only 6 consoles right now but im looking to get the NES, SNES, and N64 right now so i can start getting games for them.

I hope to have a good time here and learn alot of stuff about the older nintendo systems.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, My name is Reid and I live in South Mississippi. I found the forums by Google, when I was searching for classic video game stuff. My favorite games are: Cosmic Ark(2600), Super Mario 64(N64), Virtua Cop(Saturn. I collect for all the consoles ever made, because I am trying to collect them all, which has been an ongoing project for me. In real life, I am a computer nerd trying to get his A+, and a student. My favorite console is the Sega Dreamcast, because the system was way ahead of its time, and I think its graphics can challenge PS2.

Thanks!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi guys and gals (are there any here?)
    I'm 21 years old (getting 22 on 13th of august) and live in Germany. I found this place via the english wikipedia (the article about the Playstation) when I was searching for some sites which are mainly PS1 related.
    My favorite games might be the RPGs and Jump'n'Runs I think. But I also like the Metal Gear Solid, GTA, Silent Hill games though (and a lot more of course ).
    I collect only games which I like and are in good condition, this means I'm not limited to any specific console.

I think I will have some fun in this board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Greetings

Hi, I'm Geoff. I grew up borrowing playtime on my older brother's Atari 2600 and NES. My first personally purchased system was a Genesis. My completionist tendencies begin to manifest themselves early on, as that system eventually evolved into a Genesis + Sega CD + 32X hybrid with official IR wireless 6-button control pads and nearly 200 games. I sold it off before entering college.

I skipped the 32/64 "bit" generation entirely and got into the Dreamcast scene, eventually amassing all of the US releases, and all the PAL exclusives. I also owned an R7 Dreamcast with the only original black Broadband Adapter and black Keyboard I have ever seen. Sold it off before entering grad school

Somewhere in there I also completed and sold off Virtual Boy and Tiger Game.com collections. I first found Digital Press about 4 years ago when a member helped me track down an elusive Compete.com system link cable for the Game.com system. Never had a reason to register til today.

Today I game with the Nintendo DS mostly, and I have an Xbox 360 running in HD with only 3 or 4 games. I have both a "phat" DS and a Lite, and am 75 games into getting a complete collection. I plan on keeping this one!

In real life I live in north Texas, where I'm a music pastor at an independent church. Happily married for just shy of 5 years, with a dog and a cat. I'm a recent Mac convert after too many years of using my A+ certification to maintain Windows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Chris and I found this site while browsing for general classic gaming info. I also found RF Generation, where you can check out my collection under the name Shemp as well. My favorite systems are the NES, SNES, and Genesis, and I love to play 2D fighters, even though I am terrible at them . Very nice to meet everyone.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone, I'm Skylar (a.k.a mEgAsHoT). I first found this site when looking for a good online rarity guide for videogames. I have a decent sized collection from many systems, starting with the Sega Genesis. It was the first system I have owned and played. Unfortunately I don't remember ever having a NES, although I have found a Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge laying around in my room, which suggests that my parents probably gave it away to a close friend or something.

I seriously got into gaming once the N64 came out. My parents gave one to me as a birthday present around 1996/7 (Forgot the actual year). My first game was Wave Race 64. I would constantly rent Super Smash Bros. and other great hits from Blockbuster every weekend and have a blast. Now I own most of the games that I used to rent. It is currently my favorite console, along with the Dreamcast. Today, I own all of the modern systems (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube) and some classic systems (PS1, N64, Saturn, Genesis, SNES, Dreamcast). I also own some Nintendo handhelds as well.

Nice meeting everyone!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello All! Let me answer the questions!

- Who you are:
    A guy from a small town in Ohio

- Where you live:
    Mayfield Heights, Ohio (now, post college)

- How you found the forums
    mame exploration, to be honest

- What your favorite games are:
    Oh boy, wow, I guess my fav's are the following
    1) Simpson's Arcade
    2) River City Ransom
    3) Nectaris/Military Madness

- What systems you collect for:
    1) Pinball first and foremost
    2) NES
    3) Arcade

- What you do in "real life"
    I am in charge of all the west coast partners for my company. Meaning if you want business, go through me, lol!

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Played some baseball on the professional level
    First system was an Atari 2600
    I can 1 credit clear Double Dragon drunk, that is all.

Look forward to learning a TON from you guys, no pressure....
    Capcom or Konami, that is the question....

Insert Coin (Level 0) jeannerocket's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi room (or in this case retrogaming roundtable). I'm Jeanne. I really adore this site.

I hear I'm supposed to do a short bio. So, here's how I've learned to do that in chatrooms:
    21/f/Portland, OR

I'm Y-bot's g/f. I like the people at video game conventions, Y-bot, SNES, I'll have my Bach. of Sci. in psychology this summer term, and I'm testing out my avatar for the first time. So...that's me.

Xox!
    -Jeanne
    <3 <3 <3

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hello

Just wanted to say hello to the community. I'm new here and just starting lurking on the site. I started gaming from the Atari/NES days until now(though I am on a bit of a hiatus). Great site and keep it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.
    I've looked around the site every now and then for about a year or so, but didn't decide to join till right now. I've been into video games for a very long time now, most my life. I'm not certain what else to say...I also collect animation cells, action figures and their prototypes, books, comics...a whole bunch of stuff.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think some people already saw me on the IRC room so now this is a "formal" intro.

Not much to say, I will probably stay as an IRC lurker. Sorry in the future.
    Who the fuck reads this shit?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey!
    I am a college student from San Antonio, Texas. I had found this forum years ago, but at the time, it was down. I forgot all about this site untill I stumbled on it again a few months ago.

My favorite games would have to be:
    -The Zelda series (LOZ is my #1)
    -too many NES games
    -The Silent Hill series
    -Pitfall!
    -Combat
    ...asking me to choose a fave game is like asking which child I love more. Do I like Castlevania more than Double Dragon II? Or Ice Hockey more than Tecmo Super Bowl? I'd rater not decide.

I collect for a number of systems, but the NES is my priority.

The first system I played was the 2600...till my uncle sold it and a backpack FULL of games for $15!
    My first system wa an NES. My mom bought it for me for Christmas when I was 3. Thats where it all started...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default introduction

Dangevin

Dan Langevin

Pottstown, PA - Owner of "Head Games" - a 2,000 sq ft hobby game store in our local shopping mall

Collecting: NES (327 as of 6/15/06), 2600 + snes

Hotness: Big Nose Freaks Out, Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Mario's Time Machine, Micro Machines, Trolls on Treasure Island

Pasttimes: DDR (Coblat Flux doubles kit owner) - the only "modern" game I play. I have a 7' projector screen upon which I like to play the classics in-store.

Favorites: Snake Rattle N Roll, Big Nose Freaks Out, Pac-Mania, Solar Jetman, Duck Tales 2

....trying to learn all I can! Thanks for looking -Dan
    There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YHaloThar

Hi, I am a new member, and a fairly new collector.

My name is Daniel and I live in Maryland.
    I found out about the site through my friend, whose username is mario2butts.

I am interested in collecting for any system I have:
    -NES
    -SNES
    -N64
    -GCN
    -GEN/SCD
    -PS/PS2
    -Atari 2600
    -Dreamcast

I only have ~110 games right now, as I am a struggling high school student monetarily, though I am always on the lookout for deals and flea market regularly now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Salvador Im 15 years old and live in Hammond, IN which is right outside of Chicago.
    I found the forums because I would visit this website every once and a while so I thought I would join. My favorite old games include the Mega Man X series, the Lost Vikings for snes, and the Street Fighter series. Some of my favorite newer games include Oblivion for 360, God of War, Guitar Hero, and Call of Duty 2 for 360.

Systems I collect for:
    -SNES
    -Genesis
    -PS2
    -Gamecube
    I want to start collecting for the NES also.

The first game I ever played was Mega Man X when I was like three or four after that I was addicted to video games and probably will be for the rest of my life.

Once I finish high school my goal is to go to college for video game design and development. Hopefully I will make some awesome games for you guys and girls in the future.
    " Youre starting to piss me off, you little piggly son of a bitch. "