Page 77 of 164 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, my name is Ethan and I am a 16 year old student living in Junction city Oregon. As of right now I own a Darth Vader atari 2600, an atari 5200, a colecovision, a SMS, 4 NES, 2 Genesises (Genesii?),2 SNES,A Jaguar, Two dreamcasts, an N64, and a PS2. For being a middle class 16 year old with no job, having around 250 games in total seems to me quite an accoplishment. Anyway, Digital press is awesome, I'm glad to be a member.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, my name is Ethan and I am a 16 year old student living in Junction city Oregon. As of right now I own a Darth Vader atari 2600, an atari 5200, a colecovision, a SMS, 4 NES, 2 Genesises (Genesii?),2 SNES,A Jaguar, Two dreamcasts, an N64, and a PS2. For being a middle class 16 year old with no job, having around 250 games in total seems to me quite an accoplishment. Anyway, Digital press is awesome, I'm glad to be a member.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really sorry, I have a really slow computer so I clicked post three times because it didnt look like it was doing anything. Apparently it posted three times..... sorry

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone, here's my info as i'm new to these forums:

Who you are:
    Russ, i'll be turning 19 next month

Where you live:
    Sydney, Australia

How you found the forums:
    Surfing the net originally looking for M.A.M.E roms

Favourite games:
    There's too many, but i'll list some now anyways:
    Most are either Sega Master System or NES games-Shinobi, Rampage, Spy Vs Spy, California Games, Batman Returns, Super Mario Brothers 3, Power Rangers(SNES) etc...

What systems you collect for:
    1.SEGA MASTER SYSTEM!
    2.NES
    3.Super NES
    4.Sega Mega Drive(Genesis anywhere else :P)
    5.Any old Atari Systems

What you do in 'real life'
    Music, play guitar, write songs for my new band, rock out, party...and I work for a theatrical agency as an office assistant \m/

Any other interesting facts:
    Well my first system was NES at a very young age. I also grew up in arcades playing games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and the like. One Christmas years and years ago, I was given an SMS and my gaming addiction just grew from there. I've only just been 'seriously' collecting for about a year now.
    We're the masters of our fate...we were born with a steel heart! \m/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Folks!

I've recently started collecting NES and NES-Related
    items. I have a lot of fun scouring thrift-stores and
    swap-meets, it's like treasure hunting!

I sport my powerglove every day. It really weirds
    out my friends and family. They're just jealous,
    because they don't have the POWER!

Anyway, Hi!

Insert Coin (Level 0) blackgenma's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello everyone.
    Im Gabe,Im 16 and I live in clifton NJ.
    I found out about this website when I went to the DP store.(its 4 blocks from my house.)
    I dont really collect anything, but I am a huge fan of arcade cabinets. the DP store got a "scramble" cabenit, created by konami in the early 80's. I think its great that the store got it because it next to some more recent cabenits, and that sorta symbolizes what DP is all about, both old an new games.
    as for what I do Im curently working a summer job at the DP store. after the summer I gotta find a new job.

Insert Coin (Level 0) obliterator918's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Brandon Staggs... Known also as "Obliterator" back in the day (NoCal C64 BBS scene).

- Where you live

Oklahoma, USA.

- How you found the forums

Rob Ohara pointed me here. I met him at OVGE 2006.

- What your favorite games are

Impossible to really answer. Some of my favorites over time: Pac-Man, Q-Bert, Raid Over Bungling Bay, the original Sim City, Ultima 4 (C64 version)...

- What systems you collect for

C64, Sega Genesis.

- What you do in "real life"

Program and sell Bible study software.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I collected hundreds of games when I was a kid. Those are all gone. Now my collecting consists mainly of picking up old Commodore equipment when I find a decent deal, and finding good Sega Genesis games. My collection is based mainly on sentimental value, not something I do to be a completist or for eventual sale. One of my favorite games I have collected for the Sega Genesis is Pirates! Gold, which is still fun to play to this day.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi everybody

Hi,

my name is Axel Pfaender, I live in Berlin, Germany.
    I work as a graphic designer, actually i run my own design company with a couple of friends.

I started computing and gaming on a Commodore128, later Atari ST. Right now I don't own any video gaming system.
    I work as an illustrator for German Game Magazine "GEE".

The games i love most are Donkey Kong and Super Mario Land (a rather common opinion I guess).
    I guess that's all for now.

cheers,
    Axel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone.

My name is Andreas but on the internet I call myself for dreamchaser or dreamchasr_se. I live in Sweden (nope we DONT have penguins or polarbears roaming around the streets) i got a son who is 1,5 years old.

I have as long as I remember loved video games, my first real gaming experience was with Supr Mario Bros back in the day but what caught my atention was Castlevania.

This game series is in my oppinion the finest of them all, I have been collecting CV games and goods in 5 years and I still find new objects.

This seems to be a nice place, I think i´ll stay for some time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

HI my name is Chris I don't really collect. but I don't get rid of any video games so I have got a lot of them now. I have been video gaming sence the Nes and my fav system is the saturn.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just realised that I never posted an intro in here. Anyway...

I've been into gaming for many years now. I have always been a big fan of arcade and console video games. My first system was Atari VCS and my newest is Playstation 2. I have accumulated many others along the way. The systems that I play the most these days are probably ColecoVision, NES, and Sega Master System.

I have come to this site for years, but have just joined the forums recently. I often post on AtariAge as well, and I am a contributor to MobyGames. That's about it...

Insert Coin (Level 0) .Goomba24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, as you can see, I am .Goomba24. I live in the southern USA, so I may use "ain't" occasionally. Other than that, I found this place by always using the Digitpress rarity guide to check my games. I love collecting older games from the Intellivision to the PS1. I am a huge Nintendo fan with a wide sense of humor. I look foward to this place. Some of you may know me from Nintendo Nsider.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I am new to the forum, however, I have been checking out the online rarity guide for the past few weeks. I collect NES games as well as SNES RPG's. Anything else I come across for cheap generally gets sold on E-bay (unless it's Mario or Yoshi. My wife's a fan ) so I can buy more of what I collect.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm new-ish! I've been examining the Digital Press archives for months. I'm mostly interested in early to mid '90s stuff. Jaguar, FM Towns, CD32 and of cause my all time favourite, 3DO!

I also run a blog under the name "3DO Kid".

http://fz1-3do.blog.co.uk

Take care everyone!

Will

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some of you may remember me when I was a member of DP recently, and some of you don't because I left due to personal problems, etc. so let me re-introduce myself.

- Who you are? Ken

- Where you live? Chicago, IL

- How you found the forums? Someone from another forum linked me.

- What your favorite games are? Rampage, NARC, Galaga, Pac-Man, Defender, Robotron: 2084, Pinbot, Earthshaker, Riverboat Gambler, Bride of Pinbot, Jackbot, Millipede, Smash TV, Outrun, Tetris, Gauntlet, Strider, Pirate Ship Higemaru, Final Fight, etc.

- What systems you collect for? PS1/2 & PC

- What you do in "real life"? I'm unemployed because of my disability. I listen to music, watch TV, etc.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.? No.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My Intro

Hi everybody

- Who you are
    I´m FaSCoRP

- Where you live
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

- How you found the forums
    In another forum, a local one, called "Arqueología Digital"

- What your favorite games are
    It´s hard to answer, but I think about the Wing Commander series, and the Resident Evil also. But If I must choose one, I´ll pick Final Fantasy VIII

- What systems you collect for
    Dreamcast mostly, some Gamecube, little some Xbox

- What you do in "real life"
    Unix Security Administrator

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. I like drawing and the NES. 'nuff said
    I'm back, bitches!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi All. I'm a long time lurker on DP....I actually did try registering once but something didn't work.

- Who are you? - Chris aka Dumsday

- Where you live? - Vancouver, BC

- How you found the forums? - Man, it was at least a couple years ago. Maybe 3. I think there was a link on another discussion board.

- Favourite games? - Tough. The answer was always Super Mario Bros. 3 until 2 years ago when I played Mario 64. Yes, I first played it 2 years ago...I was in university during the N64/PSX era so I didn't have the time or money for games. I'm probably one of the few who played it after beating Super Mario Sunshine. Been really into the arcade compilations for the consoles. Right now I'm playing Guitar Hero, FF II (the one on FF Origins for the PSX), Shadow of the Colossus.

- What systems do you collect for? - Well, I buy games that I want to play. I have a list of all the games I want to play for ALL consoles and I'm working on those. I still need to get a 2600, TG-16, Dreamcast and some of the less popular consoles like Jag and 3DO (though there are not many games on my list for those machines). Not a PC gamer at all, but I just started playing the C&C 10th Anniversary set and Starcraft since I had never played an RTS.

- What do you do in real life? - Well, I suppose I can't go into detail but I'm a Development Director at a videogame company. Part of the reason I didn't try joining DP for so long was that I was unsure of the rules around an employee posting. I recently just had my 17th game approved by 1st party. Also...I started as a tester many years ago.

- Interesting facts...hmmm. I had to TwinGalaxies world record on Lock'n'Chase for the Intellivision for a couple years. Until my record wa smashed. Oh well.

I probably won't post much....but it's nice being able to once in a while! :-)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Jason...and I've been lurking around dp for a long time now, and just decided to join.
    ^_____________________^

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I couldn't see another place to put this message on the forum so i thought this would be the best place to say helloooooooooooooooooo! from England. Just came across this site today and i must say it's brilliant! Maybe the best retro site i have come across. Thankyou very much