Page 8 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who am I? Well I'm a Penn State student ... I should be graduating this spring but of course being here has me on the 5 or 6 year plan. :-)

Where do I live? Happy Valley... State College, Pennsylvania.

How you found the forums: Googlie Google.

What systems do I collect? Well, I'm a NES-head, but I've been getting into a lot of other systems lately. Mainly Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision, Intellevision and the Oddsey 2... Althought I do dabble into collecting Genesis carts too. I'm hoping to branch out and pick up a lot more, but money is tight.

What I do in real life? Well, besides trying to come up with excuses to NOT go to classes ... I work for a Residential Computer helpdesk. Basically I listen to students whine about their silly problems and how important they are ... then I fix them. It can be fun at times. :-)

Oh well, I figured I'd shoot out a post here to get it out of my system.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, I go by the name of DEBRO. Some of you may know me from the AtariAge message board. I have visited here many times but I had never registered. Currently I live in Atlanta, GA.

I got back into the Atari scene when my son was born. I noticed my nephew liked video games (like his uncle ) but I thought the PSX had too many buttons for a youngster. I also didn't want my CDs to get scratched.

I bought an Atari7800 and my love for those games came back instantly. I think I play it more than my son

Later I found that people were developing for the system. I always wanted to do something for the 2600 so I started reading and got a love for getting Stella to do anything.

I don't consider myself a collector. I see myself as a game player. If a rare cartridge finds it's ways into my hands, it will get played.

I have a love for other retro systems as well. My list consists of:
    Atari2600
    Atari5200
    Atari7800
    Colecovision
    Atari 8-bit
    Nintendo 8-bit
    Sega Genesis (my favorite)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default This is me...

My name is Jonathan. I'm 19, live in Wisconsin, and am a student in the cursed UW system. I've been gaming since I was 8. I played lots of NES at my friends house. At age 12, I secretly bought an Atari at a garage sale for $5. My parents had always deemed video games evil, so I had to keep it at the grandparents house. After much deliberation, they finally caved and let me buy a Nintendo at 14.

I was an avid gamer through high school, but college has taken a bit of the fire out of my gaming. I'm too poor to enjoy the new systems, and Whitewater (that's where I go to school) has nothing in the way of gaming anything, and it's in the middle of nowhere.

I still own a toploading NES, and a PSOne, but for a while I'm just a casual gamer. It kinda sux, but hey, so does college.

Right now my favorite games are Lunar and Lunar2 for the PSX. Great games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy
    My name is Jason Orme.

I originally signed up to Sell my Atari 2600 with 52 games.
    Nothing yet though.

I like collecting many consoles and my Favourite being my
    Neo Geo CD.

I also collect Arcade Machines and PCB's for them.
    I have a 4 player Teenage mutant Hero Turtles Machine
    A 4 player The Simpsons Machine
    Vendetta 4 player PCB
    Turtles In Time 4 player PCB

And am looking to get a 4 player X-men PCB.

MY Arcade machines are my pride and joy.

ANd am looking to sell my atari in order to buy another PCB.

Check out the Atari I have for sale
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3414

Thanks For Reading

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Luiz Bonaccorsi, I live in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

The first time I hearded about the Digital Press was with my friend Ianoid. In fact, Ian was one of the first guys who I met using the Internet.

I try to collect only the best games, for each system. I like strategy games, shooters and action games. I do not like fighting and sports games.

I don't care about having more than one of the same console (with different styles, colors, shapes, sizes, etc). I like to collect the games.

I collect from Atari to Xbox (not all the systems, only the ones that I really enjoy). I have about 800 games.

Some of my favorite games are: Adventure (2600), Tarmin (Intv), Montezuma's (CV), Contra (NES), Gate of Thunder (PCE), Alpha Mission 2 (NGCD), Tempest 2K (Jag), Road Rash (3DO), Master of Monsters, Star Control, Dune 2, Toejam & Earl (Gen), Silpheed (SCD), Space Megaforce (SNES), Galactic Attack (SAT), X-Com (PS1), Turok (N64), Frequency (PS2), Halo (xbox)...

I work with insurance (broker) and I sell brazilian games on Ebay.

Greetings from Brazil,
    Luiz Bonaccorsi

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Felyne_SNK, an oldskooler retrogramer since 1982 :wink: I expect to expand my knowledge, have a good time, and remember the all-time immortal classics... btw, I love quizzes and contests, and I will be posting some of them occasionally...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whatz up fellow gamers! The name is Guy. Guy Ellis. I'm from California. I love all types of games. My favorite games are John Madden Football, FF [all of them], Legend of Legaia, Shogun, rollercoaster tycoon, Sim City, Parasite Eve, and parappa-da-rapper, oh yeah 8) !

Cherry (Level 1)
    Detroit: Home of Chrome wheels, Dope deals and Vacant fields...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

Hi, my name is Kinn Henderson...I am a collector and player of video games.

I own:

Atari 2600-20+games
    Nintendo 8-Bit-10+games
    Super Nintendo-10+games
    Turbo Grafx 16-7 games
    Sega Genesis-20+games
    Sega Saturn-20+games
    Neo-Geo Console-40+games
    Sega Dreamcast-30+games
    Nintendo64-1 game
    PS1-20+games
    PS2-10+games
    Nintendo Gamecube-5 games
    NeoGeo pocket 2 games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Matt and I'm a rpgaholic. I enjoy RPGs more than any other game. If you have an RPG question or need of an oversight in a game, I'm the man to talk to. I play games from Adventure to Dragon Warrior to Morrowind.

I am 21 and own a small ice cream/snow cone shop in Louisville, Ky called Summer Snow. I've had that copywrited so I'm waiting for someone to try to steal it.

I'm very honest sometimes, almost on the verge of being untactful, so if you can stand my view on the world we are all good.

I'm also an emulation geek. I think it's the best thing still fried chicken. So before I go any futher I will say this, emulation is a medium to test the game before you decide to pay for them. This has saved me a few chucks not wasting money on subpar games.

I also have a found saying of the phrase, "Blazing Apple" and "Uberl33t". Must be the Everquest Player in me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roagie

Default Yoodles to all

I've been collecting since the days of yore. Started in '94 when I sighted an Atari at a flea market. I remember my first 10 carts and the little holder I made for them. That was when it started... you all know what I'm talking about... the... "sickness". Yes, my closets are now full of games for every system as well as my storage space and garage. I'm saddened to say that I purchased an IBM PS/2 "portable", circa 1988, and that I'm actually going to keep the thing. There is not stopping me now! Luckily I'm a student right now and lack of funds keeps me from getting too out of control, but I fear the day when I'm working and making good money and start flipping out on ebay. Ok, nuf said... nice to meet ya'll.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, i´m Matias Bianco, a vg collector from Argentina, here in my country this collection is not very common. I´m 17 and i have started collecting since December. My first console was a N.E.S. clone, but then a Genesis and then a Game Boy and then a Game Boy color and then and then and then....
    Nowadays, i don´t have very much things, but this is for the money (Argentina have very bad economic problems) and not because i don´t want it.
    I have some strange games like Out run 3D for Master System and Atari 2600 carts from Brazil and Argentina.
    My favourite system is the Master System (obviously) and Atari 2600
    My favourite video game character is Peter Pepper (Burger time)
    I think that´s all, if you want to e-mail me, ok.
    I have started building the first vg southamerican collectors site...soon.
    Long life to 8 bits...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fred Wagaman
    Denver, Pennsylvania USA

Been checking DP website for quite a while. Was enticed to join the boards by a contest
    Favorite Game - Robotron (Arcade)
    I have most of systems from RCA Studio 2 to the Gamecube. It is a shorter list of what systems I don't have as compared to what I do. I lost track of how many different games I own when I crossed the 2,500 barrier. I intend to get back on track soon.

I have four arcade machines, a pinball machine and a MAME cabinet in my game room.

I'm a frequent contributor to Retrogaming Times (http://www.tomheroes.com/Video%20Gam...s/retrogam.htm).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I've been a fan of DP for a while and just recently decided to check out the boards. I collect for 2600, NES, SNES and Genesis and currently have one coin-op, the mighty Centipede, now if I can just get it to work, I'll be alright. Someday, eventually, I hope to collect the other atari systems that I haven't quite had the chance to nab yet, as well as a few others that intrigue me, such as the master system. That about sums it up so, Happy Gaming!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, it's good to finally post here. I've been reading the Forums for about a month but wasn't able to sign on (I'm assuming because of the site problems mentioned in the email) until now. I live in Connecticut but am currently attending college in the NYC area. Can't wait to get into some great discussions on here!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are: The 8-Bit Weapon
    - Where you live : Los Angeles, cA
    - How you found the forums : Joe Told me I'd win a prize of I posted here...where is it? hmm?
    - What your favorite games are : C64 games- Bards tale 1,2, &3, Wasteland, Delta. NES (8-BIt)- Metroid, Kid Ikarus, and castlevania 1, 2, & 3, and any megaman.
    - What systems you collect for: NES (8-BIt) and C64, some Vic 20
    - What you do in "real life" : I play "Regional Sales Manager" For a medical corporation... www.prestigemed.com
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.:

Well I started collecting when I found my SIDplay sid tune emulator. I started to long for that warm fuzz sound of a REAL SID chip! So I hunted down all my favorute games for their music!

-8-bit weapon

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

Let's See, Chunky is the name. Last time i posted, was on the old system, time to rereg.

anyways i don't really collect much anymore, still looking for a decent nintendo and some other snes games. have alot of trains, atari games, laserdiscs to get rid of.

but i still have and use a N - GC/64/GBadvanced/SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Atari 2600, various pachinko, game and watch, handheld games.

I out here in Palatine, IL - near that other Atari newsletter.
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Who r I?

I'm yet another student-type who likes getting ahold of games. I finagled myself into a moderatorship at the "CastleVania Dungeon Forums" though I knew little about the series; now I know a decent amount.

List?

16-bit systems
    Neo Geo AES Gold System w/box (Max 330 Mega, Pro Gear Spec) with two junk games (one is Fatal Fury 2) and a baseball game. Gonna get more someday. Also am strongly anti-NGF in terms of collection policies.

Own a few Super Famicom games, one Genesis (Megadrive actually) and a PC-Engine (TG-16 compatible) title. Need more...

Own a Sharp x68000 game, (the system that was better than the Turbo Grafx 16, and nearly on par with the Neo Geo, all while being close to a DOS box) the most expensive in my collection.

8-bit systems
    Own a mostly perfect MSX2 system (with bad, new scratches on the keyboard from shippin') and a prototype HP95lx handheld DOS machine (the ones that started handheld computing,) c. 1991

A good number of sealed Famicom cartridges. 12 titles in all.

Feel free to check out mah gametz.com profile (Ed_Oscuro) but know that I don't sell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think I've introduced myself yet. My name is Ferg (Robert Ferguson), from beautiful Uptown Felton, DE (originally from NJ). I got the idea for collecting video games on my honeymoon, actually. Sarah and I went to a junk shop which had 2600 games for sale, which I hadn't seen or thought of for years. I didn't buy any then, but later that summer (this is 1994) Sarah introduced me to flea markets and I went crazy buying 2600 stuff, then 5200 and 7800 stuff when I finally found out that they existed. Like many of you, I assumed I was the lone person in the universe who was crazy enough to be collecting games. Sarah again came through for me, giving me Leonard Herman's address that she saw in a video game mag at her work. I ordered Phoenix from him, and he gave me info on Digital Press and the 2600 Connection, and he also brought me to my first NAVA meeting, I think in January of 1995.

I think that I got into it just at the tail end of the "Golden Age" of collecting. I found a lot of great stuff in the wild back then, especially at garage sales. You didn't have to go to too many to find games. I also had a pretty good amount of doubles, which I traded mainly with Mike Etler for more good stuff. I think I have amassed a pretty sizeable collection for not wanting to pay a lot for games, and I collect for a lot more systems now than just Atari. But my interest has waned in the last few years, probably because it's more work to collect these days. I still enjoy it though, and I have met a lot of great people in this hobby. Hopefully if I ever get my house in order, you all can come over for a weekend and play games!

As for real life, I'm 32 years old, married, no kids, 3 cats and a dog. I am a baker at a Mennonite store in Dover DE. If you have the Digital Press CD-ROM, check out the pic of my Pac-Man cookies. I used to make them to sell in my Dad's bakery back in 1982. I also do some video game related crafts, a lot of which is in the hands of many of the frequent NAVA attendees. I hope to have a web site up sometime in the future with pictures of the things I've made and instructions on how to do them yourself. Sometime.

Sorry for being so long and boring! I hope to post here a little more often. See y'all soon!

Ferg

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "Into the fray"

Well now....time to give introduction.

I am: Guy Taylor, The Son of Hol Horse, etc,
    I hail from: formerly Rockford, IL, I now reside in Fontana, WI.
    Currently 17 years of age and a senior in high school, I have been a gamer for as long as I can remember. I was raised on a TG-16, up until the PSX came out. I now own and use: SNES, Genesis, PSone, DC, TG-16, GBA and NGPC. My gaming passions include action games, fighting games (esp. Capcom and SNK/Playmore), and most recently bemani (I have DDR Konamix, 2 soft pads and go to play DDRmax2 in an arcade in Rockford[yashiro can vouch for the Max2 machine]). I can't think of a game genre I dislike, although some sports titles seem...lacking. I someday hope to own a Gamecube and give my life up to Animal Crossing and SSBM. I'm not really a collector by any means, more a gamer in general with a passion for the characters and game music!!! Not many seem to understand the latter.... :cry: . I was introduced to pretty much all of the online gaming community I know by Yashiro, and get most of my knowlege of gaming trivia and imports from him. Thanks for reading all of this!!!
    Lemon...Licky...Nub. Yes, I do want one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

My name's Sergio, from Brazil. I'm a 8-bit computer and videogame collector.

My first console was an Atari 2600 by Polyvox, and my first computer was a MSX (I used MSX computers during several years). I still own all Atari 2600 games I had during my childhood. I never purchased another videogame console until I really started to collect vintage computers and videogames. At this moment my most modern videogame console is a SNES.

I have a site about MSX computers since 1997, now is located at http://www.charin.org/
    Recently I created a site about videogames in Brazil (specially Atari 2600 clones): http://member.newsguy.com/~charin/vgmuseum/
    My trade page: http://member.newsguy.com/~charin/collection/trade.htm
    My wants page: http://member.newsguy.com/~charin/collection/wanted.htm

Thanks to the international trades (and sometimes eBay when I have money) I have an interesting collection of vintage computers, including machines from USA, Germany, France, Australia, etc.

Sergio