Page 85 of 164 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zdan80 View Post
    Hi, my name is Dan...been reading here for a few months now, got turned onto the site by a St. Louis area store owner (Jason of Trade-N-Games, nice guy check out his site at www.tradengames.com)
    Jason's a rad guy, I really dig his Crazy Taxi! Welcome to the forums!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Living somewhere in Missouri
    - Don't exactly remember how I found digitpress but it was a good while ago.
    - Big fan of Shenmue and Cybernator
    - I have a very General collection but focus on Playstation, Dreamcast, and Master System stuff.
    - Started collecting games by never selling any I ever owned. Once I was able to start working I started buying the things I couldn't before (such as my turbo duo and Virtual Boy

That shoudl do for starters

Insert Coin (Level 0) starfox316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Patrick. I am 20 (1986) years old and hail from Long Island, NY. where the concrete meets the sand. I moved to Tennessee for college and currently attend Middle Tennessee State University as a sophomore in English Literature. I do my game shopping in and around middle Tennessee as well as doing SOME sort of game looking on every vacation I take.
    I was working at a Taco Bell when I got into a Castlevania discussion with another guy up at work. We got into it and he mentioned that he collected NES games. I'd never seen a mass collector like that ever, he had about 600+ NES carts and about 900+ games in total. Here were all of these games that I was told by my parents were too expensive (I friggin wanted games so bad as a kid) and this kid had hundreds while I was stuck with 3 or 4 NES carts as a kid.
    He turned me onto digitpress and it's been a real blessing with my collecting. I'm a playstation one guy through and through and I've really found DP's classic boards helpful for my snes work-in-process.

I grew up NES to Sega to N64 to psx to PS2. And I collect snes games currently. I play snes 80% of the time while gaming, ps2 gets 15% and my DS gets the leftovers.
    I really enjoy turn-based strategy, rpgs, puzzle games, and beat-em-ups. Turtles In Time and Kirby's Avalanche are the two games on my shelf that are never dusty. I love collecting and I love games, period. See you dp'ers on the flip side.

Don't hesitate to PM me,
    I have a good working knowledge of the snes collection and some decent cart only's for trade. Plus, im always in the market for good conversation.

Keep your eyes and ears open, don't just accept what others tell you as truth and keep coming back to the controller, man.
    GARY strikes hard.
    THE SKELETONS tak 6 damage.
    Your Party has defeated the THE SKELETONS.
    GARY gaind 58 XP.
    GARY level up.
    GARY learnt BONER THROW.
    The monster leaves HERB.

Cherry (Level 1) Chaz From Phantasy Star 2's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XBox? Yeah right.
    PSN
    PS3? As if.

Hey, everyone! I just signed up here. I'm proud to be a member!

Starfox, what are your favorite RPGs? Mine are the Phantasy Star games and Secret of the Stars.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who: My name is Rick

Where: Michigan, USA

How Found: Surfing the web for classic/retro gaming sites

Fave Games: All Time is Tecmo Bowl for NES because I'm a bit of a sports fanatic and it was the first good attempt at a football videogame. I'm also a big fan of Pick Axe Pete, Turtles, and Killer Bee's (Odyssey 2).

Systems Collected: Odyssey 2, Colecovision, Original NES, Atari 2600. O2 is the only collection I am serious about, the rest I just collect the games I like.

Real Life: Dad, Husband, and Planning Director for a local Municipality.

Other: I just recently got back into the classics. While looking through some boxes at my parents I discovered all of my old Odyssey 2 games and the system. Plugged it in and it worked, sortof. Joysticks were shot from years of abuse and I have the hardwired kind where you are out of luck if they go bad. So i went on an internet auction site and bought a working O2 and the rest is history. I have added to my collection and have started becoming more active in the classic gaming world, strictly as a hobby.

Insert Coin (Level 0) BelPowerslave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Not really here to introduce myself, was more interested to see if this guy "Airraid" had properly introduced himself to the group. You see, he's quite the bane to usenet: Crossposting, starting flame wars, changing his user handle time and again to get around people's killfile filters. What I found odd about him hanging out here is the fact that he calls some of the forum goers "owned" and "faggots".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAi3-jYw_M

Apparently he managed to find something so amazingly rare and mind blowing that he not only had to record a really bad video of it, but also post it to YouTube and then go on to almost a 2,000 word rant to make sure that "some of the faggots on neo-geo.com forum and digitalpress forum ARE OWNED because of their sheer stupidity and faggotry.".

Yes, that's right, if you were foolish enough to think the Genesis version of Ghouls'n'Ghosts was just great, it was just your "sheer stupidity" that allowed that thought to squeeze through....for, you see, Arthur's feet do not, *DO NOT*, D O N O T go behind the grass! The next time anyone utters something about the Genesis version being "pretty good" they need to beware the wrath of YouTube's saddest user: Airraid: The guy who posts videos showing Arthur's Feet going BEHIND the grass<insert big booming orchestra here>.

Now, I've not been around the Digital Press forums a whole lot, most of my postings were with a little mag called "Manci Games", but I found that the people here were generally pretty hip, and more than willing to talk about retro gaming to no end(and that's a good thing)....certainly no "faggotry" going on....

Bel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: Daniel
    - Where you live: South Wales, UK
    - How you found the forums: Google
    - What your favorite games are: Retro wise I guess Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike & Cannon Fodder
    - What systems you collect for: Lots
    - What you do in "real life": I run a retro gaming online shop aswell as do IT contracting.

Nice site, one of the best info sources I have found, are there many UK people on here? or mostly US?

DJH

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nick names buck and i come here to be a big dog on a forums and im just rollin rollin rollin rollin

owna xbox and 360. owna ps1 2 and 3. owna nes and am buying games by the bunch is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: I am Sparkster. The name is too long for most old school RPGs, so I will either go by Killer or Abba... Killer came from my super-cheating in some RPGs, thus being a killer. Abba came from being too damn lazy to move my cursor more than one space to register my name.

- Where you live: Siberia, Canada (aka Calgary)

- How you found the forums: A friend directed me here to see the rarity guide

- What your favorite games are: All old school. I especially like the Marios, Mega Mans, and Dragon Warriors.

- What systems you collect for: NES, SNES, Genesis, some Atari

- What you do in "real life": I make sure airplanes go out safely, on time, and with people's luggage... I also bring them in.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: I began collecting by accident. Somebody was selling games for cheap. I wanted more games, so got them. He also included games for a system that I did not have. Later, I ended up going to some garage sales, and saw some deals that I couldn't refuse. Then I saw more and more deals I couldn't refuse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Who you are: Dylan, Age 20

Where you live: Des Moines, Iowa

How you found the forums: Been lurking for quite awhile, just finally decided to register.

What your favorite games are: Resident Evil (Series), Virtua Fighter (Series), P.N. 03, Devil May Cry (Series), Metroid (Series), Capcom vs SNK 2, Phantasy Star (Series), Parasite Eve (Series), Shenmue (Series), Mega Man/Mega Man X (Series)

What systems you collect for: Primarily Sega. Especially MegaDrive, Mega CD, and 32X.

What you do in "real life": GameStop (Sad I know, but hey I have fun).

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc:

I got my MegaDrive back in Christmas 1990. I was a pretty casual gamer until August 2000, when I bought my Saturn, because I wanted to play VF2, HoTD, Virtua Cop, Die Hard Arcade, and all of Sega's arcade games at home. This is what converted me from a Sony fanboy, to a hardcore Sega nut. I got my 32X a year later, and my Mega CD in November 2001. Dreamcast came along in January 2002. The Dreamcast is the greatest console ever made.

I own nearly 600 games, and am constantly getting more all the time. If you're interested at all, here's a link to my collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/Cloud121

Insert Coin (Level 0) Blackcrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    nope

- Who you are
    Christopher

- Where you live
    California in a small town called Yuba City

- How you found the forums
    Looking to see if "trader dan" still had a site, and there was a topic with "trader dan" in it.

- What your favorite games are
    That would be to hard to say.. All my games are my favorite.

- What systems you collect for
    Right now I am working on my SNES, but I collect for all of them.

- What you do in "real life"
    Just doing the college stuff atm.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    It started a few years after I had sold Mega Man 6 for the nes, I just had to have another copy, so I bought that one, and said oh wait. I should get the rest of the nes titles too, and here I am today looking for games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) michaelthemovieman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I should have posted here first, so I guess I'm doing this out of order. Even so, here's who I am:

Who you are
    Michael DiTraglia

Where you live
    West River, Maryland

- How you found the forums
    Referred by my man, Earl Gray

What your favorite games are
    I love many kinds of games, but here are some of my favorites: Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario, Zelda, Super Mario RPG, Okami, God of War 1 and 2, Halo, and the list goes on...

What systems you collect for
    NES, Super NES, Genesis, 32X, Game Gear, Game Boy (all versions up to Advance), Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, Xbox, and 360... that's all I have for now...

What you do in "real life"
    Go to college to advance my studies in journalism and film studies, with the hopes of becoming a journalist, particularly one covering movies, video games and other entertainment mediums (but I like writing about many different things)

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I've been an avid gamer since 1992 (thank you, Sonic!) and have been watching films seriously since 2000. I began collecting games after studying the changing prices of old games for a while, yet it truly took effect because of Earl Gray, "a true inspiration to the children"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is jose I have been hanging out here for a while just reading and learning about this awsome hobby.

I learned about Dp after a bought a Messiah

I live in Fullerton California Which is in the OC. AND Trust me we are not all rich and sexy and surf everyday like that stupid show!! but anyways I will be moving to goshen Indiana by the end of summer.

Which i dont mind but i have like 6 swap meets and like 10 good will/salvation army stores all with in a 30 mile radius Not only that but here Craigslist is HUGE with tons of posting everyday.

And who knows in goshen. Well i did check there craigslist and they have like 2 posting a day under electronics horrible.

I started collecting ever since a can remember but i just been gettin into it alot like 3 months ago. My favorite system has to be the SNES

I work with kids at the local school as a aide i just finished school at CSUF with a B.A in Criminal Justice.

OH YEAH MY SPELING IS HORRIBBLE. lol
    Last edited by josemp81; 05-25-2007 at 03:29 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Knoxximus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Knoxximus

I go by Knoxximus, and, by the description header of these forums and the threads I've read so far, I believe I may have finally found a home. I was born in '73, and reared on Radio Shack 6-in-1's and Odyssey II's. It just goes downhill from there.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say what's up and I'm happy to see that gaming didn't turn out to be the fad my mother said it would be!

I live in Las Vegas, and will be attending the expo this year, and I was there the last time it was here (like, 2 years ago?).

I found this place ironically by asking a forum member in another forum (Wii60.com) where he was getting info about the new PS3 upscaling quality. He posted a link to here. So I poked around a bit, liked what I saw, and said what the heck?

I'm a Hemodialysis Technican by trade for now, and I also hold a BS in Sports Med that I don't currently use. I also have had the great fortune of having some of my music (I'm a hip hop music producer) featured in some Midway games for the PS2/Xbox/PSP. It's awesome to have been able to some way have been apart of something that has pretty much defined my existance. Thanks to that partnership, I'm also proud to say that I've been to 3 E3's before they went private (01', 05', '06). I was happy to be able to cross that off of my "things to do before I die" list.

I collect for pretty much NES on up. I have a 2600, but don't collect for it. I'm also a MAME'r, and have a 33" Dynamo Showcase cab setup. Gotten lots of free pizza thanks to it.

My fav games are action/adventure side scrollers, RPG's, Action RPG's (Top down, side scrolling, or 3D), 3rd person shooters (1st person are ok too),...hell, I'll play damn near anything except sports simulations (will be play the arcadey ones though i.e. Baseball Stars, NBA Jam, Blitz, etc.).

Interesting facts? Well, I pride myself on being probably one of the best Strider 1 players in the world. I can beat that game on 1 man if I so choose to (usually waste the others scabbing for points...High Scores FTW!!). I remember I used to think it was the hardest game in the world, so I made it my mission to own it (this was back when it was like the best game out...right before Street Fighter hit). I'ma little rusty nowadays, but I can still beat it on one credit.

Anyhoo, thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll see some of you at the expo this year!
    Hardcore gamin' since '75

Insert Coin (Level 0) starfox316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz From Phantasy Star 2 View Post
    Hey, everyone! I just signed up here. I'm proud to be a member!

Starfox, what are your favorite RPGs? Mine are the Phantasy Star games and Secret of the Stars.
    Xeno Gears (psx) Wild Arms 2 (psx) Ultima series and Phantasy Star series
    GARY strikes hard.
    THE SKELETONS tak 6 damage.
    Your Party has defeated the THE SKELETONS.
    GARY gaind 58 XP.
    GARY level up.
    GARY learnt BONER THROW.
    The monster leaves HERB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-----
    Last edited by darkhades; 05-29-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name:
    -kevin

How found:
    -I think dumb luck ?

Favorite games:
    -Anything non RPG (don't have the patience I guess). Utopia (intellivision), Anything Mario bros or Zelda (except the mario party's, smashes, etc.)...., Dracula X (saturn), Toe jam & earl Jammin (genesis), etc....

What I collect:
    -All systems except the new ones.... pretty much anything Intellivision / Atari era to Nintendo 64 / Sega Saturn / Turbo Grafx 16 (all the stuff I really grew up with).... I have an Xbox and a wii, but haven't played the XBOX in a long time, and wii was meant for resale, just got a little hooked on zelda, so I still have it...

How I got into this:
    -got into classic gaming on a friends thought that I could make some money on reselling.. well I have, but recently have found I'm keeping just about as much as I'm reselling... Grew up with the intellivision and atari, moved on to the NES, and the rest was history.. I love all the older games and really don't like the new stuff. And well, thats basically it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Rick. Been here a little bit, only posted once, I'm a bit of a shy fella when it comes to message boards.

I've been collecting games since I was five. I'm now almost 22. Do the math. =p

I have about 250+ NES games. A small-ass amount compared to most people's here, but it's difficult to collect things with little money. My ultimate goal is to someday get an NES Prototype game.

That's it here.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TecmoSuperBowl's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is my second time around. I had an account under the name classicb but i changed my email and forgot my password and can no longer access my old account.

My favorite game of all time is Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES so i'm taking that name for my second round here at the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name.
    Kevin

Location.
    Also the Desert, Phoenix AZ

Found out.
    Famous told me about it.

Favorite Games.
    Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee ; All the Zelda titles