Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry I'm late in introducing myself!

You can call me Jimmy, the Arkansan, usually known as 8-Bit Star or some variation thereof. I found this place because I told Max Lords that I was planning on ditching some of my games but Ebay sounds too complicated, so he said I should just do it here if my only goal is to clear room. Right now though, my feelings are kinda mixed. Don't really have any "favorite" games, and I'm not currently sure what the closest would be. Maybe Might & Magic for the NES.

I mostly collect for older systems, specifically the NES, SNES, PC-Engine, and Genesis/Sega CD. Also I sometimes collect older PC games (in fact there is one particularly obscure one I'm trying to find). But recently I've kind of put off game collecting, partly because there's no stores in my local area that deal in older consoles (well there are, but they're almost exclusively stocked with Sports games) and partly because the money I have is going towards my other interests at the moment.

Besides gaming, I'm also an animation-holic and have been practicing art and scripting so I can draw my own comic, and learning Japanese with an aim towards eventually getting into imports (as well as playing the import PC-E games I already have--no I won't use ROMs or patches) and also because I find this helps me think.

That was probably a longer belated introduction than I really needed or warranted, but thanks for sitting through it!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I live in Northern California and have been playing games for 11 years.

My first system was the SNES which I got in '96 when the N64 was released, and the first game I had was Killer Instinct (which was packed in with the system).

My favorite types of games are fighting (more 2d than 3d), racing and shooting, but I'll play anything if it's good.

I mainly collect Dreamcast stuff and have finished getting all 247 US released games. You can see pictures of my stuff from the link in my signature. Currently I'm looking for a boxed US version Samba de Amigo Maracas controller and any 1st/3rd party accessory I come across.

Also I heard about this site from gametz.com and www.tradegamesnow.com
    Last edited by DOL_001; 06-06-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, it's time to show myself here too
    I've been lurking only a few days and decided to fess up, so here I am.

I'm from The Netherlands and have been buying consoles since the NES. Part from the Atari Jaguar I haven't strayed from the Nintendo path till the 360 came by, but that ain't very retro yet
    I'm not a collector...yet, what I have now is all just for fun and games, no collecting yet. I own the NES with 9 games and a zapper, games are cart only, console and zapper are boxed. I have a SNES with 15 games, all complete, a classic Gameboy with 10 games, most complete, a Jaquar with everything complete and 6 games complete, an N64 with 9 games complete, a GC with 12 games complete, a 360 with everything complete and a DS all complete. (pretty hard not to :P)
    And I'm the crazy dude that just bought the mint VB from ebay you may have noticed, far too expensive from the looks of it, but hey

I am a DVD collector so this whole "cart only" deal is pretty weird for me, I cant imagine buying a DVD with "disc only", so right now I'm aiming to buy boxed and sealed, to get used to the "cart only" deals. I started collecting DVDs by buying the most expensive rarity out there, so just point me in the right direction!
    I'm looking to get NES, SNES and N64 stuff at first, seeing as my room is filled to the brim with DVDs there is little room for consoles.

Cart only...bbbrrrr.....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hey I'm new here and live in the western U.S., I been a collector and gamer pretty much all my life since the mid to late 80's gaming has always been a passionite entertainment of mine.

I remember playing the old Arcade games like Donkey Kong and Pac-man back in the day (still personal favs to this day!) along with playing Atari 2600, Commodore 64, and of course the NES which was my first system. I was also into Sega Genesis and the old PC DOS stuff (Commander Keen and Duke Nukem etc...) in the 90's.

I collect for all those plus more obscure systems: SMS, BBC Micro and MSX stuff to name a few. I'm a big MSX fan. It had alot of quality 8-bit games that you couldn't find on NES. My username Gandhara is from an old action/rpg MSX2 game I like from Enix (of Dragon Warrior fame) that I wished they would have payed more attention to in the future, but check it out if you have not played it before.

I have so many favorite games so I'll just name some series I like and play often: Pac-man, Gradius, Parodius, Aleste, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Adventure Island, Wonderboy, Shinobi, Strider, Pitfall, Zelda, Sonic, Valis/Fantasm Soldier, Alex Kidd, and Outrun.

Besides Gaming I like collecting the old Shaw Brothers and Golden Harvest kf movies.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there. I live in northwest arkansas. I collect everything. That's about it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Deku_Grumble's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! My name is Deku_Grumble, and I live in the U.S. I'm 18. That's all I'll say about this for now!

I found digitalpress from browsing Google trying to find a forum that was about retrogaming and that many people went to a lot. I found too many retrogaming forums that havent been used in months!

I am a major Nintendo fanboy, so naturally my favorite games are Mario and Zelda. I do have some non-Nintendo systems, the PS2, Genesis, Game Gear. My favorite non-Nintendo series is the Tony Hawk games.

I don't really collect games right now. I just buy stuff I like that's out right now.

In real life, I just graduated from High School. I am going to college to be a computer programmer. I like skateboarding (though I'm not a punk or anything), taking pictures, music, retrogaming, etc.

I started gaming when I was 3, back when the NES started to die and the Super Nintendo was coming out. I got the NES and Super Nintendo, along with the Sega Genesis and the Sega Game Gear. Eventually I couldn't keep getting every system, I'm not that rich! So I liked Nintendo the best so I mainly get Nintendo stuff.

So... see you all around!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey my names clicked and I'm from PR. I'm 16.

I was recommended to the forums by someone on the Nintendo Forums. I love gaming in general. My favorite developer/company is Nintendo. I dont know what I would do without them.

I got into collecting a few months back and I'm starting to build my collection. I have all the Nintendo consoles and almost all the Sega ones, only missing the Master System.

I'm still a High School student. I'm very much into anything related to Tech. On my free time I obviously love playing video games and when I'm not doing that I'm either busy creating stuff on my computer or learning how to do new stuff on it.

See you guys on the boards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Hainjutsuyiu

Hi my name is leicamaster! Im 21 and live in PR.

I was recommended to the forums by a friend. I love Nintendo and SEGA. I started collecting like a year ago and own all the Nintendo machines and Im trying to complete the SEGA consoles I only need the Pico,Mark III and the Master System. Hopefully now in July im going on vacation to Japan and hope I find a Mark III.

After work I come home and sit in my computer searching for items on ebay or play video games!!
    Ahh man this guy is back

Cherry (Level 1) Chaz From Phantasy Star 2's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XBox? Yeah right.
    PSN
    PS3? As if.

I'm glad you have friends, leica...... we can't always rely on ourselves alone. Not even me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Don't have an Xbox.
    PSN
    Don't have a PS3.

My name is Nick Frei, and I live in Iowa.
    I was led here by an article in Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine issue 217.
    I love retro gaming, particularly NES, Genesis, SNES, and arcade.
    My favorite games and game series are Sonic, Mario, Kirby, Final Fantasy, King of Fighters, Mega Man, Puzzle Bobble (aka Bust-A-Move), and River City Ransom.
    In my "real life," I'm just a normal high school student.

~Nick

Cherry (Level 1) Chaz From Phantasy Star 2's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XBox? Yeah right.
    PSN
    PS3? As if.

217? Why did it take 217 issues for EGM to mention the legendary DigitalPress!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Can anybody help me out with this one?

Hello, I'm new and I see there are a lot of arcade gamers on this forum. I'm currently starting on an arcade game project and I need a little help. I'm going to build a Splatterhouse arcade game cabinet with 100% authentic arcade game parts (I'd rather not build a MAME cabinet or anything like it). Has anybody else here done anything like this before that maybe could fill me in with information on anything I may need to know? I'd appreciate the help.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there,

Name´s Michael. I´ve been passing by these boards for a while now and finally found it prudent to register.

Great site.
    Last edited by Palmer Eldritch; 03-06-2008 at 02:02 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

My name is Willem (duh!), 22 years old, living in The Netherlands.

consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Cube, Wii, PSX, PS2, DreamCast, PC-Engine Duo-R, GameBoy, GBA SP, NDS, PSP. I'm a great fan of Falcom games and will collect anything from Falcom.

I'm a Uni IT student for two more years.

Insert Coin (Level 0) cheaplightning's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Greetings.

I am a Canadian otaku living in Japan. I do a lot of buying and selling of games and hope that soon it becomes my primary source of income..
    I love the hunt. I love "testing" the games. all in all it just rocks.

Check out my auctions some time!
    Im also willing to take any requests to find that elusive game you are looking for here.

Thanks!

CL

Insert Coin (Level 0) Glitch695's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's up folks. This looks to be about the best site for classic gaming I have seen yet. Long story short, I got my first NES when I was 5, and went from there. I mostly collect NES/ SNES/ PS1 stuff; newer stuff doesn't appeal to me very much (with the exception of MGS3, I just got that, and damn). Anyways, glad to be here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Jacob. I'm seventeen and don't have a job so all I do all day is play video games. It's heaven.

I live in New Hampshire in a small, quiet town. It kind of sucks because there are no local stores where I can go to buy games.

I have known about this website for about three years now. I browse the forums all the time, but up until now, I have been too lazy to register. Originally, I found this website through another website which I found out about through nintendo power.

I love and collect all kinds of games, for all kinds of systems. I don't think I have ever played a game that I didn't enjoy(sports games don't count). I am always looking for more games. I can't get enough.

I got into video games at the age of three. My father decided to set up his nintendo, in the living room, for me to play around with. I was hooked after the first day. As I got older, I slowly got more games and more systems. More recently, I have gotten into the collecting aspect of the hobby a lot more. I have been trying to make sure I have complete copies of games and stuff like that.

This forum is amazing for someone who plays and collects video games and I am glad to finally be a member of it!

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chip here. I live in Kentucky and I've been lurking around these forums for quite awhile...just finally decided to reigster. I'm not so interested in "classic" systems and so forth, although I did cut my teeth on the original Atari 2600. I spend most of my time playing with the current gen consoles and buying any stuff I don't already have for the PS1, DC and N64 gens forward. Lots of good deals on x-box and PS2 stuff in my community lately, so I've been catching up on those items.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Terminusvitae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Aoif3edieqwdf

Default Hello

Good afternoon. I've been using DP as a resource for rarity and reviews for some years now, but I decided to join the forums today.

It is a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to the possibility of intelligent discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cataractula
    PSN
    CTRCT

I'm Nick, 17, and from Paramus, New Jersey. I was lucky enough to hear about the DP store from a friend, and actually walked inside yesterday. Needless to say i was amazed. Through the store, I found the website, and here I am.

If you ask anyone in my family, they can tell you that I was born to be a gamer. I first picked up an NES controller at the age of 2, and it wasn't to play some Sesame Street game. I started out playing Dragon Warrior and Double Dragon. I was raised well by my NES.

I don't really have a collection as of right now, the largest amount of games I have is for my NES, which comes to a grand total of about 25 or so. I hope to pick up an Super Nintendo, or at least an FC Twin, as my NES is now shorting out a bit. I hope to start a collection of some Super Nintendo games, and hopefully buy some rare imports.