Page 88 of 164 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Me

My name is Brett Weiss, author of Classic Home Video Games, 1972-1984: A Complete Reference Guide. I'm also on the Comics Buyer's Guide Review Crew and have written for Classic Gamer Magazine, Toy Shop, Scary Monsters, and other publications.

My favorite modern system is the PS2 (I love Maximo 1 & 2 and the various retro collections) while the ColecoVision holds the top spot for best classic system.

For more info, check out my blog:

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Brett

Insert Coin (Level 0) Nintendo72's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Here Again

I browsed/posted about my listings this forum with a different nick 3 years ago while selling used NES/Genesis/SNES consoles on ebay. I've been to CGE once and E3 three times where a good amount of stuff was accumulated.

I plan to get rid of my extra stuff via ebay when I'm off work. It'll be easier to find those cooler games and will make moving from place to place a cinch if I ever need to again.

I work crazy hours at a videogame developer but do have some listings on ebay.
    When I'm off work I'll be listing stuff a lot more. Feel free hit me up for a loose and boxed nes inventory list, or anything.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Little Samson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! I'm Dave, from the Chicago area. I found the forums through an eBay member I completed a transaction with.

I collect for the NES, though I keep around my Sega Genesis and Saturn from when I was a kid. For the NES, most of my favorite games are the classics: the Mega Man and Castlevania games, etc. I also love Little Samson (obviously), which I hadn't heard of as a kid but discovered while collecting -- what a great game! I also really like Stack-Up and Gyromite for some reason. I know they're not supposed to be fun, but I really enjoy them :P

For other systems, I love the Shining Force series (I, II and IIIa), Dragon Force, and Mystaria.

In real life, I'm an applied math grad student. I've had my NES since I was a kid, but I didn't really get into collecting games until recently. I started refurbishing broken NES systems to sell to make some extra cash, and along the way, I ended up with quite a few games and started looking for other games that I found interesting or enjoyable.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    Last edited by Little Samson; 08-10-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Nin10do72's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Hi, I introduced myself earlier but recently made a new account so hello again. Is anyone new to the forums a Golgo 13 or old skool NES fan?

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Completely new here!

Okay, here it goes! This is my first time on any type of video game forum! I am an avid collector and gamer of just about anything! I live in PA and have just returned to college to finish another business degree (boring I know)!

Anyway, my name is Shawn, am thirty years old (I still like to consider myself 29)- and just wanted to say hi! I can provide a lot of knowledge and can probably learn some too!

So, I guess the question is now what do I do here!??

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Here goes nothing...

I'm Kevan, and I currently live in southern GA. I've been (mostly) out of the collecting loop for some years. However, I amassed a sizeable collection of classic games back in the mid to late 90s while living in Portland, OR. Most of my stuff came from thrift stores out there. Back in the early 90s I used to read RGVC a lot and ended up contributing to the 5200 and Handheld FAQs. I also attended one of the CGEs in Las Vegas around 2000(?) and a NWCGE in Seattle around 2001(?). I've always been more of a lurker than anything else, but I do post to various forums on occasion.

I've been on this site before, but never used the forums. However, I just sold a number of items to another user (Kevin H), and he suggested I check out the Digital Press forums so here I am. Most of my collection consists of 2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex, handhelds, and some other similar era items/systems. I'm currently slowly selling off the majority of my collection, but I plan to keep the Vectrex items. For the most part I'm not looking to trade, but I am open to possibly trading for Vectrex items...there are a lot of Vectrex items I don't have.

Oh well, I guess that's it for now. Later!

Insert Coin (Level 0) IntelliDude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    HeavyNova

Default collecting consoles in Brewtown

I'm Brian, I'm 34 and I live in lovely Greendale, WI. An avid gamer since 1978 when my folks got a Pong system, I am especially fond of classic consoles. Intellivision was my first system and remains my favorite to this day. Other systems I collect for and enjoy include NES, Apple ][, Vectrex and Dreamcast.

As soon as I got on the Ebay train, I found myself buying far more stuff than I would ever need or play, so I've been "thinning the herd" just a bit. The best advice I can give to someone who wants to start a collection would be to define what you really want to collect and stick to it. Just because you CAN get everything doesn't mean you SHOULD do so. Limiting yourself a bit is wise due to the amount of space that these things can occupy. Not to mention the fact that you're probably prone to a 40-year-old virgin type of moment if you're not careful! A lot of people, especially women (sorry, ladies), will not understand your obsession--perhaps with good reason.

I do play current games, though I'm not very good at newer stuff. My XBOX live gamertag is HeavyNova--friend requests are encouraged. I have a 360 and am currently playing Gears of War and Guitar Hero II.

I also love rock music and have my own band that plays the Milwaukee area regularly. We've just released our first full length album. Check us out at www.heavynovarocks.com and sign the guestbook while you're there.

I'd love to find a few other Intellivision fans in my area who'd like to get together every so often for some gaming. If you're interested, send me a personal message. In fact, I'd love to make some collector friends in the area, so I invite all responses.

I've gotta go--I've got bandits at 12 o'clock!!!

Brian

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys,

My name is lozz.
    I live in the UK and i was born in the year 1991.

My "main" console which i adore is my Dreamcast.
    I bought it quite late in 2005 and am still playing online with it now.
    I love PSO and on the "final weekend" earlier this year
    before the servers shutdown, i managed to get in over 37 hours gameplay.

My first console was my Playstation (chipped obviously)
    I still have him, however i preffer to play on my psone with LCD screen.

Recently I have bought an N-gage QD and SNES.

The only current gen console i own is my PSP, which i have had since the
    UK release date back in september 2005.

Other than games i love to play my guitar, listen to music and go to gigs.
    I'm also obsessive over skateboarding which i have been doing since i can
    remember.

anyhoo thats me,
    PEace, lozz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi! My name is Kevin and I'm a Nintendoholic...

Well not so much anymore I suppose. I haven't graduated past the Gamecube and Game Boy Advance!

It's been a long time since I contributed to this forum so I wanted to take this time to introduce myself.

My name is Kevin. I am now happily married and currently reside in Souderton, PA (in the Philadelphia region, Montgomery county). I am currently looking for a new job so hopefully something will turn up sometime soon. In the midst of job searching I have been using some down time to expand on some personal projects, such as scanning old photographs to build a digital archive, I have been maintaining my blog, cleaning up around the apartment, and gradually moving old things from my parents' house to the apartment.

I've been spending today checking out my old stomping grounds and forums online since the weather is kind of down. I plan on checking in here a little more often than I have in the past few years now, as I look for some good casual gaming conversation and a chance to reminisce about the past and find out what to look forward to in the future.
    Kevin
    Blog | Twitter | Twitch

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everybody!
    It's great to find such a cool forum.
    I am one of the webmaster of www.satakore.com , a site focused on the Sega Saturn.
    I have more than 90% of the Saturn llibrary (games and demos), so it's easy to know it is my preferred console
    I also collect japanese 3do and megacd games.
    Last edited by madroms; 08-17-2007 at 06:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

Default oh-ho

- Who you are

I am Hanna.

- Where you live

I hail from the cold north. Finland,Europe.

- How you found the forums

I was browsing around a Finnish castlevania site evaluating my goods and noticed a link to the search. I found the forums and was quickly hooked (I've been lurking for a couple of days).

- What your favorite games are

Well shoop da whoop. Hell if I know. Serieswise Castlevania,Zelda and Metroid probably but I'll play anything.

- What systems you collect for

I'm collecting mainly anything castlevania. Just got my nes (i've had 20 but i didn't know how to set the tv channels up until last week and tought of them as faulty XD and I've started collecting games for that. So mainly NES and SNES and some new games that are good.

- What you do in "real life"

Play videogames. Sometimes i lurk around forums and read. Most probably you'll see me in front of photoshop practising my digital painting or in school.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I began collecting seriously last week. I've spent over 200 euros and my heart is aching right now. But you could say I've collected most of the games I want from GC and upwards (but I'm poor and have no job so it's been slow XD.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Hey everyone, Doug here. One half of Pedro! Games, an all ebay venture at the moment. Just stopping in to see what's going on outside of our little world.

We sell primarily Nintendo NES games and accessories on ebay, and will soon be expanding to a website, which will for the near future be for informational purposes only, with bigger plans for later.

Check us out when you have a moment, and if you mention that you are a registered member of Digital Press, I'll throw a discount your way on your first purchase with us.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    lisaellen

Default Caveman_games

Hello my name is chris and i am a newbie to this digitpress forum.
    I am interested in PS2 demos
    I have alot of atari 2600 games for sale. If you are an atari fan and have any wishes let me know. pm me or email me.

I sell on ebay and will be there quite regularly.

if you like one of my items let me know

thanks,
    chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Chad and I'm from New Jersey(Morris County). I discovered Digital Press the other day when a friend and I were driving through Clifton to get some Hot Grill. I've been playing video games and computer games since I was 4. The first game I ever played was Kirby's Dreamland on my shared(i have a brother so the systems sorta got shared,until I started playing more games than him) fat original grey gameboy. Over the course of time, I have/had a NES,Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy SP, PSP SNES, N64, PS2 and Wii. I sold the PS2 for cash to get Wii, I sold PSP because I needed cash and I was sorta getting tired of it(I was annoyed Tekken: Dark Reserection didn't have online play and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops was a great game, but it sorta just got old after awhile), the NES is at my grandparents' house to give bring back great gaming memories when I'm bored there. My favorite games are, Super Smash Bros., Resident Evil 4, Warcraft III(I used to play WoW since it came out, but I lost interest over the year) and Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion. Outside of videogames, I like hanging with friends, playing soccer,reading, and watching english premiership football

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, h'lo peoples! Figured I'd best fill this in....

- Who you are

Colin, 25. *waves*

- Where you live

The strangely sunny for this time of year Edinburgh in Scotland.

- How you found the forums

Can't remember, think I got linked by a friend a while ago. Took my sweet time in joining though.

- What your favorite games are

Aaaaah.......Quackshot, Jet Set Radio Future, Space Channel 5 Part 2, Viva Pinata, the Pokemon series, Toejam & Earl: Panic On Funkotron.

- What systems you collect for

God, pretty much anything. The system I have the most games for is my Mega Drive though.

- What you do in "real life"

I work for Blockbuster Games, formerly a branch of Gamestation.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I also collect vinyl records. And I seem to be collecting random stuff. And I started collecting seriously when I got to University and found a couple of good shops nearby. A few years later I got a job at the Game On exhibition, and it grew from there. Exponentially.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Post Hello!

Im Derek. I live in Oklahoma and have been into games all my life. Im a HUGE retro gamer. I like new games but I LOVE old games. I pride myself in that I can answer almost any question someone has regarding the NES, Turbo Duo, or any Sega system. But my intrests dont just lie with games. I also love cartoons and Anime. I LOVE hand drawn cel animation and it makes me really, really, REALLY angry that almost all american studios have gone to CG animation!!! CG animation destroies every single thing I hold dear about cel animation!!! I also really like movies. While I enjoy the stuff Hollywood churns out and entertain myself with reading all the cool asian movies, the movies I love most are the Itallian flicks. From the Spaghettie Westerns to the Giallo to the Zombie films, Itally makes the greatest movies ever! With Directors Like Dario Argento, Michele Soavi, Lucio Fulci, Sergio Leone and Sergio Corbucci you cant go wrong.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt and I live in the Birmingham, Al area.

I've been browsing the boards here for several years and I finally decided to sign up.

I've been playing and collecting videogames since the Atari days. Some of my all time favorite games include Phantasy Star 1, 2, and 4, Zelda Link to the Past on SNES, and the entire Metroid series. More recently I just finished Okami, which was a fantastic game. I also enjoy building Gundam model kits.

I hope to meet some new friends here and share common intrests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    rhettoric
    PSN
    rhettoric

Hello, my name is Rhett and I come here from Calgary, Canada. I've got a Bachelor of Communication Studies, so I'm more interested in video gaming as an art form than something to just plug in and play. I'm actually more interested in just reading about games, the evolution of the medium and the impact gaming can have on our perception.

I'm also a collector too, focusing on the neglected Sega systems, mainly the Saturn and the Master System, although recently I've been dabbling into Sega CD and 32X. The reason for this is twofold, since I respect them the most as innovators in the medium, always doing more than offering mere games. They sold experiences, whether it was through 3D glasses and dual slots in the Master System days, or online gameplay, internal hard drives and time-sensitive gameplay alternatives with the Saturn. Nintendo and Sony had more success by taking the middle road (which is probably why the Sega's worst system, the Genesis, did the best), but Sega won admiration for always pushing the limits.

My other reason for collecting Saturn and Master System games before all others is the beautiful uniformity of their packaging. Throughout their runs, Sega stuck with the same big, beautiful packaging all the way (unlike with the Genesis, Dreamcast, and PlayStation). It's a thing of beauty looking at all those bold, crisp Saturn spines lined in a row. The Master System games were even more impressive though, from an artistic standpoint, embracing minimalism with their usual singular object amidst a gridded background.

As for favorite games, here's a short sample of various genres:

NiGHTS
    -Bar none the best, the gameplay is still a total original today, and the world's are so beautifully detailed and surreal that it's impossible to not want to get lost in this game during every waking moment.

FINAL FANTASY VII
    -The most commercial of the franchise, sure, but man the story is a deep, dark labyrinth of post-modern alienation.

VIRTUA FIGHTER
    -Such an iconic game with amazingly deep fighting dynamics and the simplicity of the graphics elevates it into a thing of abstract beauty

MARIO 64:
    -Like VF, it redefined how we look at simple genres, opening them up to a huge world of endless possibilities. I'll never forget the awe of playing this game for the first time.

ASTAL
    -In terms of platformers, there is no game more beautiful.

SEGA RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP NETLINK EDITION
    -My favorite racer with the wonderfully loose control and terrain-sensitive handling got even better with the NetLink option. Even to this day it offers beautiful hi-res multiplayer gameplay without any lag...talk about replay value.

WONDER BOY IN MONSTER WORLD
    -The best of the 8-bit platformers, it brought an RPG complexity and amazingly detailed graphics to what's supposed to be just a jump and punch genre.

QUAKE
    -the ultimate online game, with gameplay and level design so intricate that strategy could be utilized with amazing precision. Most first person shooters I'd call diversions, but this elevated the genre to art.

SONIC ADVENTURE
    -Another title to demonstrate the wonder and innovation capable at Sega during their prime. While the non-Sonic stages were at times spotty, the gameplay was at least always unique. And then there are those Sonic levels, cinematic in their visual splendor and totally intense in their speed. That killer whale set-piece is unforgettable. Add in those VMU chaos, online downloads and time attack, and it's a game that begged to never be put down.

While I always played games as a child, and owned most of the big systems, the Saturn was the first one I saved my own money for to purchase, and as a testament to Sega's hardware quality, it still runs as good today as it did twelve years ago (and three PS2's later).

I've basically out grown gaming in a traditional sense, so the last system I bought was, day and date, a Dreamcast. If Sega jumped into the ring again I'd probably shell out, but I rarely have the time or patience to play modern games. In my eyes, games got as complex as they needed to in the 32-bit era...everything else has been excess.

Still, I admire and collect those vintage systems, taking in the creativity those designers needed to have to make these little abstract pixels and sprites signify a whole other world.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm Tavis and I'm a game developer from Vancouver, BC.

I'm fairly young so I don't have nostalgia for anything earlier than the NES, but I've been an avid collector of just about everything since then and recently the Colecovision, of which one I managed to find a year or so ago.

When I was a kid I actually wasn't allowed to own an NES despite all my other friends having one, and I had to go play outside and with regular toys etc. My first real system was the Gameboy, which my parents gave me, and the SNES, which I bought myself with paper boy route money. Maybe it's because it's my first real console, but SNES is the one I love collecting for the most, and the one that I probably have the best collection for.

I don't collect for collecting's sake, so I don't own multiple sku, sealed copies of games or anything. I basically collect so that I can try out the games that I've never been able to play before. Recently though, probably because I have a real job and some money, I've been more selective in my collecting, and leaning toward wanting complete boxes and everything. When I was a kid I'd settle for cart only copies of just about anything.

As I mentioned before my favourite system to collect for is the SNES, but I've nearly got just about every good game for the system at this point. In the last week I got a Super Scope and Battleclash and Metal Combat though, which was a great experience, so there are still things I haven't tried. After years of not having an NES, I finally got one a short while ago, but it seems almost too daunting to start collecting for. I've made a point to pick up a few of my favourites (Ice Hockey, Mario 3, Ninja Gaiden so far) when I see them though.

To finish my introduction I have a question about the forums: When I logged on I saw a bunch of extra forums such as "Marketplace" and "What is it Worth" but then when I tried to post in them it wouldn't let me. When I logged off and logged back in, they were gone. What's going on? How do I access these? PM me the answer if this introduction forum isn't the proper place to ask. There didn't seem to be an FAQ thread anywhere.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my favourite game: EARTHBOUND for the SNES. That game is totally incredibly awesome.
    Last edited by Tiktaalik; 09-23-2007 at 04:44 PM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Hey all, I figure this is a good place for a first post ... scratch that, the BEST place for a first post.

So, let's go through this questionnaire line by line, ready? Go!

Who am I? I am Frankie, and I probably don't REALLY hate you. Not yet anyway. Go ahead, just GIVE me a reason.

Where do I live? Lyndhurst, NJ. Fun times and swamp gas stink from the bordering "Meadowlands".

How did I find this forum? Hell, I'm surprised it took me TWO YEARS to find the Digital Press STORE, considering how close I am to it! I'm not exactly sure how I found the forums ... they kind of came to me in a dream.

What are my favorite games? Oh jeez. I've been gaming since the Atari 2600, so that's a long, hard list to pull from, but some the highlights are Burgertime, Super Pac-Man, River City Ransom, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Ghouls N' Ghosts, Rival Schools 1, The WWE Smackdown series, The Timesplitters series, and most recently I named Resident Evil 4 the "action adventure game of the century" in my mind.

What systems do I collect for? I own just about everything since Pong ... so I collect pretty much everything. I do have an almost COMPLETE (US) Sega Master System games collection, which I acquired all in one fail swoop (ask me about how I came across that sometime, it's quite the story), and I love continuing to bring my Atari 2600 collection one step closer to complete (I'm only missing a handful of games there).

What do I do in "real life"? What is this "real life" you speak of? Yes. I do lots of "things", some I even get paid for! I manage a movie theatre, I'm a freelance graphic artist, a part-time stand up comedian, and I'm fully licensed to teach high school ... I just need to find a high school that has an opening in the art department. (If you know of any drop me a line!)

Other interesting facts about moi? I managed the Funcoland at the Willowbrook mall for about 4 years, from around 1996 to 2001 - from the Sega Saturn all the way through to the launch of the PS2. So, not only do I have a healthy game collection from those years, but I've got a WEALTH of game retail stories that might even be able to rival Joe's. Who knows. Maybe. It was equal parts love and hate (Loved the product, hated the annoying customers). Perhaps you pissed me off and I threw you out of the store once? If so ... don't drop me a line. Please.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 10-15-2007 at 01:44 AM.