Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Grüße aus Deutschland

I'm Alex, 30 years old, from Germany. I work at the stadium of the 1st. FC. Köln. I started gaming when I was 4 years old, thanks to the Atari 2600 and the Intellevision. But it wasn't until I got a NES that video gaming became my drug of choice. Being a kid though, I pretty much lost, gave away, sold, or destroyed anything I ever owned, including my games and systems.

Even though I'm German, I live in Germany since 1998. I lived most of my life in South and North America. I'm sure you people know how illiterate the average European is regarding classic gaming. It's not our fault really, as game companies have treated Europe like a bastard child until today. Final Fantasy VII was the first FF experience this continent ever had! No Chrono Trigger and Lord knows what else. It seems all the great games on the NES or SNES pretty much overflew Europe. On the other hand, lots of Donald Duck & friends or the Smurfs, part 14. I really started missing American gaming at that point!

I joined eBay in 2001. While exploring the new platform, I saw an auction for Final Fantasy III (US). I found out that the same person was selling Final Fantasy II (US) and Chrono Trigger. All three games in near mint condition. While I knew shipping was going to be a bitch, I couldn't past that opportunity. The rest is history. I have quite a library of games and systems now, although probably not as much as some of you here. I beleive that the NES and SNES are the greatest systems of all time! Accordingly, most of my classic gaming collection is comprised of those two systems. I added a magazine collection to those two as well; Nintendo Power and stuff. Still, I also have some Game Boy goodness as well as Playstation(s) and 3DO collections as well. And then there are the tons of PC games and newer console systems.

But collecting has been frozen on its tracks much like the German army at Stalingrad! Among other things, I became father 5 months ago. I don't want to spew old clichés but it really does change everything. It's mind boggling how fast priorities shift when you hold your first born child in your hands. Anyways, I wish to sell my video game collection and, while searching for retro gamers, I found this website.

I never thought I would sell the things I have so I never made a list. At he moment, I'm making said list plus taking pictures of all I have in order to better sell the stuff. I hope that joining this community will be helpful in the short to medium term. I would be very grateful for hints, pointers, tips, and tricks. My goal is to have sold everything within the next 12 months, as long as I get good prices.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there, I'm Brian, age 23. I've been using digital press as a guide for the last 4-5 years since I first started collecting. Of course, you know once you start it's really hard to stop. Collecting has become a huge part of my life and I'm always scouring the pawn shops and flea markets looking for deals. I've collected almost 2000 games to date with a couple of buddies who share my obsession. if you like, you can view my pics of said collection at www.myspace.com/livingfora1up I love to trade and have an ever-growing amount of doubles to do so with but there's no good outlet for trading locally.

As for real life, I'm a server at my local Applebee's and that's fun. I live in southwest michigan and aside from gaming and collecting, I enjoy karaoke hanging out with my friends, having a good time, and taking road trips and exploring new towns.

Favorite game to date: Chrono Trigger, but the ones I play most (in no specific order) are Tetris Attack, Super Smash Brothers Melee, and Guitar hero. I used to be more in to RPGs than I am now, but I still grab them whenever I see them as they make for good trade fodder.

See you round the forums!

Insert Coin (Level 0) braincras's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there!

Just to let you know that I am proud to be here and a old skewl gamers like all of you!

I sue you DOOM!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm guitarmas26. I've been collecting video games off and on for several years. I'm mostly into the Atari Jaguar Scene. I collect for other systems too, like the Dreamcast, Snes, and Turbo Grafx.

- Who you are

Brad

- Where you live

Ashheville, NC

- How you found the forums

A search engine

- What your favorite games are

Side scrollers

- What systems you collect for

Everything except the genesis

- What you do in "real life"

Attend school for my degree in Information Systems.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Red Alert's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    I'm Matthew, age 20 and I am studying IT and I live in Brisbane Australia.
    I've been collecting for about 5 years and I have 24 systems and about 500 games. The newest system I have bought is a Atari 1040STE.
    My Favorite games by system are:
    NES: Super Mario Bros
    SNES: F-Zero
    N64: Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Gamecube: Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door
    Wii: Resident Evil 4 and Metal Slug Anthology
    MD: Sonic
    MCD: Snatcher
    Sat: Daytona USA
    DC: Shenmue
    Xbox: Deus Ex Invisible War
    PS1: Command & Conquer Red Alert
    PS2: GTA San Andreas and Deus Ex The Conspiracy
    N-Gage: Sega Rally Championship
    Atari 2600: Missile Command

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What better place for a first post on the forums, eh?

So anyway, I'm Ando (which doubles as a username AND my real name!). I'm living here in the USA.
    My top three games are The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and... I don't know. TESIV: Oblivion, maybe? But believe me, if it's Zelda, I love it and want it ALL.
    Right now I'm in the midst of deciding which system to collect for. I want to do a Japanese system, but which? Maybe continue my Japanese N64 stuff? SF? GBA?
    But yeah, that's me. I mean, there's more, obviously, but this is it for now.

Insert Coin (Level 0) PoutineJunky74's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Hi everyone,

My name is Aline,i'm 33 and live in La Belle Province De Quebec aux Canada!I am here on this site for my mom,Annette,recently turned 58,who is an NES gamer and avid collector.I also am a fan of the NES but don't own one.I have an Xbox.My mom has been playing NES games since my father first got a job as an apprentice electrition as a young lad at the age of 20 something.She baught,collected,traded and sold many many NES games over and over,built and sold her entire collections,until now (finally quit selling everything and then starting over from scratch,!)She has a somewhat extensive collection of classic and rarer NES games and her goal is to try and finish off her collection buy obtaining the manuals for some of her rarer games,wich is turning into quite a task!I on the other hand,am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old daughter named Jasmine.I like being ourdoors (when I can),the net,playing games on pc and xbox,nes to when i'm at my moms.I like flowers and gardening,even though i'm nowhere near a green thumb.I love music of almost any kind and I like watching animated movies for children with my daughter,over and over again,!

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Salut! Bienvenue à bord! Tu vas voir, c'est bien ici.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi guys ive been posting on your forums for about a month or so now but i just ran into this thread so i figured i would introduce myself. My name is dan and i live in warwick new york but i work as an insurance agent in fair lawn nj which is about 15 minutes from the digital press store (which rocks). i stumbled onto the forums whilst researching nintendo clones i believe though i dont really remember. as for a favorite game thats a pretty tough question and im sure many of you would agree lol. right now ive been hooked on old school text adventures namely zork, and ive gotten back into playing nethack and adom. i collect for a few systems the biggest part of my collection being made up of nes games i have about 150 different carts probably around 175 total if you include all the doubles (probably have 10 copies of mario 3 lol). other than that sega genesis and its awesome add-ons, gameboy in all its iterations, nindo ds, playstation 1 & 2, n64, intellivision, gamecube, snes, computer (dont really collect computer games i just play them). possibly a few others that are escaping my memory right now (sitting here at work trying to picture all my consoles laid out on the floor). though nes was my first real console id say my gaming days started out with the ibm xt, as i didnt actually have any games for it i spent untold hours making terrible text adventures in basic that i would then play through. yea i guess thats about enough for a decent introduction anyway looking forward to getting to know the members of this community better. -Dan
    For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

DP Feedback Thread
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...ight=mrsparkle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Greetings earthlings!

I am an old geezer at 55 - been collecting video games since 1991 (when I bought an SNES along with Tetris and FFII).

I favor RPGS, puzzle and strategy games.

I collect all sorts of stuff besides vintage games - laserdiscs, board games, books, bookends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Bumppo View Post
    Greetings earthlings!

I collect all sorts of stuff besides vintage games - laserdiscs, board games, books, bookends.
    You, sir, get bonus points for having a literary-inspired screen name. Welcome aboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pantechnicon View Post
    You, sir, get bonus points for having a literary-inspired screen name. Welcome aboard.
    Yeah - I had to wade through those books in the educational system's vain attempt to make me literate in my errant youth.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Kevin, I'm 25 and I live in St. Louis, MO. I found this place from a site that linked to the rarity guide. I've been playing video games since I was 4. I'm not much of a collector, but I've never gotten rid of any video games.

I work for an online store that sells XM radios and accessories and I'm also a manager for a fun park in a boring tourist town. I only average 1 day off per month but I manage to find small amounts of time to play video games.
    "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." -Mark Twain

Insert Coin (Level 0) alice_curiouser's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An introduction, eh? Alright, I can do that...

I am Renee; I'm in my 30's and I live with my husband and daughter in the eastern United States. My husband plays the occasional RPG, and my daughter (now 7) has been a Pokemon junkie since she was about 3. I found these forums by the almighty power of Google; the reason I was looking was because the forums I'd been been hanging out on were either too slow, or full of illiterate wankers and their third-grade spelling. Now, onto the GOOD stuff...

I started playing video games on my cousin's Atari, and eventually ended up with my very own NES. My first game was Dragon Warrior I... I loved (and still love) that game - they say you never forget your first. For me, DW1 became the game by which all other RPGs are judged. Later, I got a Sega Genesis (omfg, 16 whole bits - revolutionary!), and my new favourite game became Shining Force I and II. I still play those a lot, too. But then! A miracle happened. Gameboy Color (and later, Gameboy Advance) came along, and suddenly I could play some of my old favourites in a new miniature format. I have Dragon Warrior I & II, Dragon Warrior III, Lunar Legend, and Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, and I am anxiously waiting for more!

My favourite games are Dragon Warrior 1-3, Dragon Quest 4-5, Shining Force 1-2, the Lunar series (minus the sucky DS version), Vay (Sega CD), and Phantasy Star 4. When I'm not playing classic RPGs, I like Mario and Sonic, and some of the newer RPGs for DS. You can see a list of all my portable games here.

When I'm not playing video games, I like like taking long walks on the beach (no, seriously), photography, saltwater aquariums, web design, messing with my Mac, and hanging out with my family and my four cats.

...And that's about it! I look forward to getting to know you guys.
    Last edited by alice_curiouser; 12-01-2007 at 09:05 AM.
    Me * Games * Now Playing - Shining Force: RotDD

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all,

My name is Ionut, I'm from Romania and I'm 29 yers old (30 in a few days ) I collect games and consoles from 2 and a half years now

Anyway - i'm glad that I found this site

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I've been lurking around here for a few weeks now, so I feel as though I should produce some type of introduction! I live in the South of England, and have been collecting games for about 15 years now I guess - my first ever console was a SNES with Streetfighter 2 and the ill-used Nintendo-scope - I still own the SNES, and bits of the scope

A year later I came into possession of a Mega Drive (or Genesis, I believe some prefer to call it ) with Mega CD, which my dad won and didn't want, and have been collecting games for it ever since. I think I must have around 700 MD games now!

Anyway - hello. Nice to be here

Strawberry (Level 2) FrakAttack's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I'm Kevin, AKA FrakAttack, and I've been gaming since the '70s. My first arcade love was Gun Fight and my first console was the RCA Studio II.
    "Ambitious, but rubbish."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello everyone

Hello my name is Chris Falkner from Fayetteville AR. I have been collecting off and on for 5 years im 20 now. my main interest is NES console. but i own almost ever common system.

Nes - 170 games 20 complete
    Snes 75 games 3 complete
    Sega Genesis/CD 7 games (all but two sonic)
    Playstation 2 slim - 7 games all complete
    X-Box - 15 games
    X-Box 360 - 3 games
    Nintendo Gamecube - 10 games
    Nintendo DS - 6 games
    Nintendo Wii. - 21 games
    Gameboy Advance - 5 games
    I sold most of my stuff about a year ago a this is a list of what i have regathered.
    Last edited by Dukert27; 12-05-2007 at 06:35 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello everyone

Edit --
    FC Twin
    Nintendo 64 x3 (one is green) -16 (4 complete)
    Last edited by Dukert27; 12-05-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) BakaTanuki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Baka. I'm more of a gamer than a collecter, but I love classic and modern games. I'm only 16, but my brother had the NES and SNES, and I played those as a child, along with the N64/GBC that I got later on. These days I have NES, SNES, N64 (DK64 edition), GBC (special Pikachu edition), GBA, Gamecube, Wii, and DS. I'm looking into getting a PS2 or a Dreamcast sometime, since I've only ever had Nintendo consoles.

While, I don't really collect games, I have started getting into collecting gaming (and also anime) merchandise. I decorate my room with gaming memorabilia. I also run a small gaming website.
    Gaming Dungeon webmaster/main contributor