Page 96 of 164 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I'm marbs, some of you may already know me from 64Digits.

I'm from England (pip pip, tally ho), I'm almost 17, and I've been collecting game consoles since about '96 when me and my sister bought a SNES off of a friend for £50 because he wanted to get an N64 instead.

I've known of this site for a while, just never got around to signing up until recently. I either found it through google or the ben heck forums.

My favourite console is the SNES, since it was my first one, and I have the most games for it, and I'm hoping to make a SNESp soon! I have around 61 games for my SNES (unless you include the 3 games I took apart for various reasons).

My rarest and most valuable game has to be "Starwing Competition" (PAL), which I picked up from a boot sale (flea market/whatever) for just £1, and apparently it's worth something betwenn £50 and £150, not a bad find if you ask me

I used to think I had a big collection until I saw some of the other peoples stuff on and around this site.

I've never documented my whole collection, though from memory I think I have over 26 consoles, including NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, PS1, XBOX, Dreamcast, G700, 2600, some other console which I can't find any information about online, load of segas, and some handhelds.

If you want pictures, here are some from a while back (excuse the untidyness of the collection :P)
    Top down view showing big controllers and boxes
    Some of my SNES games among other stuff
    View from further back
    Though note that that isn't my entire collection - I have stuff scattered around the house, and my collection has grown since then!

I have a load of exams in a few weeks and coursework to do, so I'd probably better end this here. Cheerio, have a nice day.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Mike, I'm 20 and live right outside Philadelphia. I have probably over 700 games for about 15 different systems. My favorite system to collect for is the SNES. The main types of games I like to collect are beat em ups. I don't know why but for some reason I just love them and really wish the genre would come back.

I've always enjoyed video games but I didn't start collecting for older systems until one day gamestop had a 75% off sale on all N64 games. I bought a ton of them and got hooked on getting more. One day I hope to make it to the digitpress store but who knows when that will be.

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

hi, newb here.

my name's jon. i'm 24 and i live in irwinville, ga (us). you history buffs will recognize that as the location where jefferson davis was captured. everyone else will wonder what i'm rambling about.

i ran across the forums while searching for info on my new pippin.

my first console was the 2600, but i've only been collecting seriously since 03 (where finances allow, that is). much like marbs, i thought i had a decent collection till i saw some of the galleries here!

right now my collection stands as such:
    atari 2600 (heavy sixer)
    mattel intellivision (with box)
    commodore 64 (with box)
    colecovision & exp mod 2 (both with boxes)
    sega master system
    genesis model 1
    saturn
    dreamcast (black sports model)
    nes
    snes
    n64
    gamecube
    ps2 slim
    xbox
    xbox 360
    turbografx 16
    bandai pippin @world

i recently got cases for all my loose carts and am now in the process of building shelves to hold them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Zack, and I'm crazy about SNES RPGs. I think I've hit all the major and many of the minor ones, so I'm looking for more! Japanese OK! Even some non-RPGs are pleasureable too, sometimes.

But all my gaming is on ROMs. Will I be accepted here if I'm not collecting systems!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. I'm an admin over on www.pcenginefx.com/forums

I've heard Digital Press is all the rage these days, so I'm here to see for myself.

Insert Coin (Level 0) LensLarque's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi ! I'm LensLarque, a shmup addict usually hanging on shmup.com, the french site dedicated to shoot'em up games (not shmups.com wich is the N°1 english shmup site, cool guys ^^).

Began playing with the Atari 2600 (or even a Pong clone, don't remember) but true love came with the MD/Genesis.

I currently own these systems:
    -Super Game (chinese famicom clone ^^)
    -SNES Pal
    -GBA SP (broken ^^)
    -MD1 Pal (w/ region & frequency switches)
    -MD2 Pal (w/ region & frequency switches)
    -Mega CD Pal
    -Master System Converter
    -Saturn Pal (w/ frequency switch + ST-Key v1.0)
    -PSX Pal (fat grey, w/ modchip)
    -PS2 v9 '50004' silver Pal (w/ modchip)
    -GC Pal (w/ FreeLoader)
    -DC Pal (w/ DC-VGA BOX)

I plan to do various mods to my systems (mainly MD/Genesis, by far my fav' system ) but also to do some arcade sticks mods:
    -Hori Fighting Stick 2 (add seimitsu or sanwa stick + sanwa buttons, will be tough ^^)
    -DC official arcade stick (add seimitsu or sanwa stick + sanwa buttons)
    -MD/Genesis Arcade Power Stick II (6 btn) (add sanwa stick + sanwa buttons: I have no clue if it is even possible. actually I still have to FIND a pair of those ^^).
    And finally to build a solid MD/Genesis collection 'again' as I recently fell in love a second time with Genny. ).

Another thing I want to try is a VGA -> CGA adapter (there are schematics around, looks hard).

Kneel down before me !

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default greetings

Greetings all,

just joined, this is my first post.
    i'm a 38 yr old IT Helpdesk manager in Sydney, Australia.
    my one and only console was a Atari 2600. following that was a Commodore 64 and an Amiga 500 and Atari 1040ST. Favourite joystick was the Tac-2. Indestructable. perfect for Daly Thomson's decatholon. I also had an Australian made joystick, cannot remember it's name. Was Arcade quality switching. bloody expensive to buy at the time. I also still have my Atari Lynx.
    I used to work at a Dept store computer section, so used to play everything. had to you know. needed to demonstrate to customers : )
    Currently still so retro I was still playing CivII on my laptop till recently. Or more retro, a big MAME player.
    just bought a MXT DVD player which has a VCD of NES games.

Cheers,
    e

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello to all you old retro atari folks.

I started with a Sinclair 16k way back in?? not sure when.
    My first game system was a 2600
    My second computer was a Atari 400 upgraded to 48k.

I think the reason I wanted the Atari was to play a game called ZORK I. I had seen it on a home built CPM machine. I think it was 1979 when I first played ZORK. I had to have it. I remember the Percom floppy drive was 350.00 back then. When I got it I was in heaven.

M.U.L.E. quickly became a cult classic. My beer drinking friends love to have MULE tourneys about once a month. We either had 4 or 8 people, if 8 we set up two 800s and the top two of each match went on to the final four. There was a loser round for the basement dwellers too.

I went on to get a ST, STE, MEGA, 486PC etc. I don't think any of those systems was a dear to me as the 800. Probably because of MULE, ZOMBIES,
    ARCHON etc. We have not played in about 2 years but from 1983 till 2006 we had at least one MULE tourney per year. Beer was needed to help people mess up and YAh MULEs by accident, fun stuff. They have been asking me to dust off the 800 and get some MULE going. My wife is trying to throw them away as junk. She just does not get it.

I've been pretty sick as of late, not working for past two months due to medical tests etc. I dug up my old 800 and played some Archon and Miner 2049er. Brought back some great memories.

I am glad I got to ride the technology wave. My kids really do not get what we had to go through back in the day. Tape drives, slow floppies etc. It gives you an different perspective on the evolution of computers and games.

If I get better I think I will go to one of these retro gaming conventions, it sounds like fun.
    Last edited by StBob; 04-24-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. I'm new to this forums. Finally, I've found a place were I can share my love for retro video games. I actually own 20 games consoles. Here's a list:

Atari 2600
    Atari 7800
    ColecoVision (x2)
    Coleco Gemine (Atari 2600 clone)
    Sega Master
    Sega Genesis (x2)
    Sega GameGear
    TI-99A Silver
    GameBoy Original (Red)
    Nintendo Entertainment System
    Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo 64 Jungle Green Edition
    Nintendo GameCube
    GameBoy Advance SP
    Nintendo DS Link (Pink)
    PlayStation 2
    PlayStation 2 Slim

That's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Hi, I'm Jake.
    I'm 14, and have gotten into collecting retro games after going to yard sales.
    I have been modding for myself and friends for a couple years now.

The systems I own are:

PS2
    GC
    WII
    GENESIS
    GAME GEAR
    DC

I know its a crappy collection, but I can't seem to find a NES/SNES that's reasonably priced, and play most of my games off roms.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Masaru. I live in Tokyo, JAPAN.
    I found DP site when I was searching about Atari 2600 games.

My favorite games are
    Tempest 2000 (Jaguar), Defender 2000 (Jaguar), Out Run (SS),
    Ridge Racer (PS), Marble Madness (Genesis), Tetrisphere (N64),
    Shooting Gallery (SMS), Pac-Mania (NES), Balloon Fight (FC),
    Tapper (2600), Star Wars: The Arcade Game (2600)

I'm a gamer/videogame historian, maybe.
    I love classic videogames especially cartridge-based games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tep View Post
    Wonderful. The first time I've missed a welcome thread; I'm used to just posting in the general chat, whatever it may be.

Hiya. Name's Tep, and I've been messing with games and the words "Game Over" since I was about 3. This was very late to gaming, considering I started off with Super Mario Bros 3 in 1996. (!) I'm 14, by the way. Not sure if that makes me "hardcore".
    You're through. Do it again and you're toast.
    --------
    Oh hello. Name's Terrance. Found my way here by... well actually, I found my way here by a random welcoming e-mail I got a few months back...

Anyway, I was poking around the forums since then, and saw it seemed to be safe ground, so I joined. Also, there seems to be a lot of (good) shmupsforum members (Hello Ed!). I'm not anything special. 14 years old, and I've got this mental block that I'm way too young for half the things I take interest in, even though it's just obscure video games, and to be more precise, shooters. Which I'm not the greatest at anyway.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sup guys, my name is Win and I just recently started collecting sealed video games, most ly NES/SNES/PSX/PS2 - as I live in the NJ area I'll probably check out the store and maybe attend an event or two.

is neither blue nor fast thom_m's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey there. I'm Thom, from Brazil. I'm 27-year-old journalist, and have been playing videogames since I was 6, when my dad bought me an Atari 2600 (it came with Missile Command and Enduro).

I'm especially fond of the old (ooops, I meant "classic") systems; currently, I own a beaten up Super NES, a Mega Drive, and a Megavision, which is a really cool brazilian genesis clone. Oh, and also one of those crappy "Polystation" famiclones. My wife thinks I'm nuts for spending money on this "junk"... but never refuses to spend a whole sunday afternoon trying to beat Kid Chamelelon again. My little daughter is already learning to play, and hopefully she'll follow her gamer dad's footsteps.

I ran into this forum while trying to find information about the differente models of SNES controllers, and it was very helpful, so I decide to join. Hope I can contribute too someday.
    Last edited by thom_m; 04-29-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all,

I'm Jeff, 39, from Seattle WA. My first game console was a Coleco Telstar Alpha. Black-and-white, self-contained, with tennis, hockey, handball, and Jai Alai:

http://www.pong-story.com/coleco_alpha.htm

My first real console, though, was the beloved Atari 2600, wood-grain four-switch model, which, I remember distinctly, set my poor parents back $139.95 in 1981 dollars. Nearly wore my thumb out playing Asteroids & Space Invaders. Also loved the extremely underrated Activision Fishing Derby. The next year I asked for the 5200 for Xmas, and got it (YES!). Still have it. Love that system. Montezuma's Revenge...many many hours playing that one. Space Dungeon too. Skipped ColecoVision and Intellivision. Picked up the NES for myself with pizza delivery wages (still living at home) in 1988. Became addicted to Legend Of Zelda (who wasn't?), Double Dragon, LifeForce, and Super Dodge Ball. Other NES faves include Punch-Out, Kings of the Beach, and Gyruss. Never picked up a Super NES or Genesis originally, but played the Genesis quite a bit at a friend's. I think that the greatest Genesis game of all time just may be Streets Of Rage. (I just got Streets of Rage 2, but have yet to play it...) The last game console I bought at the time of its release was the Playstation. I only really ever liked Battle Arena Toshinden, Road Rash, and, especially, Tempest X3. Guess I'm too old-fashioned for most polygon games. My original Telstar, Atari, NES and Playstation are long gone; I've since gone back and gotten another mint 2600 wood-grain 4-switch, an NES (which I'm about to send out to be completely overhauled), a Genesis (original model, though it doesn't say 16-Bit High Resolution Graphics on it for some reason), a Saturn (just for Legend Of Oasis), and a redesigned PSOne. Oh, and I have a GameBoy Color too, that my nephew gave me years ago. Revenge of the Gator is great on that. So, that puts my collection at:

Atari 2600 (4-switch woodgrain)
    Atari 5200 (original 4-port model)
    Nintendo Entertainment System (original toaster model)
    Sega Genesis (original model)
    Sega Saturn
    Sony PSOne
    Nintendo GameBoy Color (Yellow)

It's great to be here!
    Last edited by WaverBoy; 05-01-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi

i am steven and i am 27 years old,and from the netherlands. Nes freak from i whas a little kid.So i only collect nes,specialy PAL-B.But i got a small ntsc want list.Me and a friend have a dutch NES forum.So you can check it out at

www.palrocks.com

Hope to meed some new people here ,and maybe do some buy/sell/trade's

thats it..

greets

steven78

Insert Coin (Level 0) Zora Mystery's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Zora Mystery! I just found this site looking up old Xbox and Nintendo 64 games on Google. My favorite games are Mario and Zelda, but I like anything that is fun, old and new.

See you around!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

My name is Michael Worrall and I live in San Francisco, CA

I am strictly a late 70's/early 80's player and collector. I was one of the few kids in my school that had an Odyssey 2. I always wondered what would have happened if Atari did not win the appeal on the KC Munchkin suit. (Besides no flicker, you could program your own mazes!)

Besides an Odyssey 2, I have an Intellivision II with the whole ECS. I still play and collect games for the Odyssey 2, Intellivision and Atari 2600.

Some of my favorite games: Yars Revenge, Attack of the Timelord, Tron Deadly Disc, Pick Axe Pete, Bugertime, UFO, Microsurgeon, Berzerk and Showdown in 2100 A.D.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm 1 2 P but my friends call me...1 2 P. I love playing an collecting demo disc, import games and wrestling games. I'm also into anime, wrestling, and the UFC.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I just signed up here, but I've been reading posts here for a while now. I'm a cg collector from Iowa, and I've been collecting for several years now. I focus most of my attention on the NES, because it was the one I had growing up, but I'll gladly pick up games for any system that I find for cheap. You can find a list of the games in my collection at my website . I do most of my game buying locally from my favorite thrift stores as I enjoy the challenge of the hunt, though I do occasionally use eBay.

In addition to collecting, I've recently gotten involved in modding donor carts to hold various homebrew roms. I've made NES carts of the roms from Challenging Lolo 1 and 2, and the latest Tecmo Super Bowl 2k7 rom. I have no doubt that I will be making more in time.

Paul