Page 99 of 164 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I AM INTRODUCING MYSELF (again... its been a couple years I believe)!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I'm a painter and recovering student. I enjoy collecting gameboy carts, with a particular soft spot for cute imports, classic arcade, and unlicensed pirate trash.

regards,
    Jonathan

Insert Coin (Level 0) blackride's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Everyone. I am 31 and work in IT and specialize in VMware,SMS,Linux/Windows,C#, etc..... I have been collecting games since I can remember. I really enjoy all types but I have been focusing on collecting NES,Super Famicom,PC-ENGINE stuff.

Insert Coin (Level 0) drunkninja's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, I'm an avid gamer living near Springfield, MO. I currently am working IT support and obviously enjoy gaming as a hobby. I started way back on NES and have been hooked since . I started reacquiring older systems a few years ago, and have been collecting since. Hope to return here often for some good discussion and advice!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think I've ever done an introduction, but here it goes.

Tell us any or all of the following:
    My name is Paddy, or PaddyTheChump

I live in Nova Scotia, up in Canada. It rains a lot here.

I remember being on DP using the price guide, and one day I registered.

Favorite games: 1080 Snowboarding (childhood classic), Double Dragon, Battletoads, Jeez, tons more, but when you have to think of some it never comes to you.

I collect primarily for NES/SNES/N64. That being said, I am not opposed to any other systems. I have a bit of Atari/Colecovision/Intellivision/Odyssey2 stuff as well.

I'm still in High School (last year, woot!). In my spare time I either play video games, workout, paddle, or pursuit my newest hobby, lockpicking.

I grew up with an N64, (I'm 17, so I got it when I was around 8ish). In a sense, I now feel like I missed out on some gaming, so I guess maybe that's what I'm trying to do... play catch up. I sold all my n64 stuff when I was around 13 or so, which I kinda regret. In a sense, it was a bad decision, but thanks to www.cheapassgamer.com , I essentially bought all the games back for less than I sold them for. After that, I started visiting the local pawn shop and yardsales, and less than a year later I have over 500 games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ClassicGMR's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ClassicGMR

Hey all - guess the easiest way to introduce myself is to just show you.

As some of you may remember - and most won't - I used to be this guy standing opposite Dave Newman in this PhillyClassic2k1 picture(I'm on the left side... just in case). Well ... I'm technically STILL that guy but I'm older(I doubt I'm wiser), lost about 30 pounds and have MUCH better glasses now.

Well anyway after working two shows with Dave, Jeff and Chuck I took PC4 off as I was going through a divorce and didn't have the time to devote to it. When PC5 rolled around I sent a few emails about the upcoming show but was never replied to so I let it go. I was exceptionally disappointed to find out the show had been "commercialized" and quite literally sold out to mainstream media. I found this to be a major turn-off and just stopped paying attention to it after that. Is it even still running?

I lost my collection long ago to the 2-headed hydra problem known as the dreaded "Bills & Space Syndrome" but I have my pc, GP2X and PSP so I have been playing everything anyway via emulation... It's not the same but it has sustained me! I miss my collections. SO....

I just recently got back into collecting after numerous moves and issues(booooring!). I am finally settled, recovered financially from my ex-wife's attempt to bury me in debt and happily in a place I can finally call "home".

I thought I'd look up the site and see what I have missed in my 3 year absence from collecting. I must say I like the look!

I'm thinking I should run down to Chuck's show and check it out as well as find out what/if any shows are going on in my neck of the woods(New England-ish area).

*sniff* I missed you guys('n gals)!

Insert Coin (Level 0) RampantOctopus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MonkeyTree5000
    PSN
    MonkeyTree5000

Default Introduction

Hi, I'm Mike Jennings-Offen from Los Angeles, CA; originally from Washington, DC. I don't remember how I first found the forums here, I think I may have been in search of a Wico Y cable and googled my way into insanity-- and no, I still don't have that cable thank you very much, and for that matter, where the hell is my CD-i gamepad; but I digress...

I'm more of a hardware junkie than an actual connoisseur of vintage games, though I do enjoy a good game of Joust or Burger Time, I spend a lot more time with my PS3 than my Vectrex. I guess I enjoy the hunt a lot more than the reward... I'm sure I'm not alone. I've got a link to my 'room of doom' in my signature, please come on bye and check it out.

In "real life" I'm a "Video Production Manager," but it's the editorial work that I get a real kick out of. I'm also an avid homebrewer and general diy freak. If anybody here is interested in home brewing beer, check out my website, I've got a page about Zymurgy, the whole how to thing and a huge tome of recipes well worth the (free) download.

That's it for me-- see you in the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

Hey guys, my name is Justin I'm 15 (I may be young but I'm not an idiot, I mean look at my typing :O) I've been collecting ever since my grandma gave me my first SNES when I was 6 or so.

I currently own:

Atari 2600(loose)
    NES(complete)
    SNES(loose)
    N64 (loose)
    PS2(complete)
    Gamecube(loose)
    Wii(complete)
    Xbox360(complete)
    GBC(loose)
    GBA(loose)
    GBA SP(loose)
    DS(complte)
    PSP(complete)

(I had ALOT more then that but I hit a stage in life where money was everything and sold almost all my collection sadly)

My favorite games are Metal Gear Solid, Kirby, Sonic, and Pokemon Yellow Special Pikachu Edition.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink Hello

Hello my names Donny Im from Portland Oregon
    My good Friend DigitalSpace Told Me about This Site
    Some OF my Favorite Games Include The Zelda Series, Final Fantasy,Batman For the Nes, And Im Pretty much Obsessed With RockBand Right now.
    I pretty much collect Games For All Systems though i Lean Towrds Nes And Snes and Playstation 2 games If Interested I Document my Collection at www.Freewebs.com/bobafetthotep please Visit and if inclined Drop me a line and let me know if im missing anything good.
    When im not gaming im a custodian for the Portland Public School District its not my dream job but it gets the bills payed
    long story short i love video games and i love talking with fellow gamers
    Thanks
    donny

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone! My name is Lucas, and I'm from Oregon. As of now the consoles I own are dreamcast, wii, gamegear, xbox 360, genesis 3, Atari 2600, and NES. I am new to collecting classic games, but I have been a "gamer" for most of my years.

It's good to be here, and I hope to have a good stay on these forums.

-Lucas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Forgot to introduce before :P

I am Josue Escobar from Monterrey Mexico, 28 years old videogame freak.

Love RPGs and love collecting. I am very close to Texas and whenever i can, i love traveling to U.S.A.; Love New York and love the garage sales.

Right now i am dedicated to atari and snes again
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm Penny I'm 18 and from Michigan. I found this site while browsing through a discussion on cheapassgamer about rare games and I thought I'd check this site out.. My favorite games would have to be anything in the Zelda series from the n64 and onward. I'm a student at the moment. My first system was the atari 7800 but we couldn't find any games for it other then ms pacman and it eventually got lost in a couple moves. I just got in to gaming, and am buying back some of the stuff I owned as a kid and eventually lost. I'm currently working on buying all the diffrent colors of Us n64 console and I have about 4 so far and I'm working on building up a decent collection of games. I'm also collecting games for the gamecube( my favortie system) and most recently the snes. This will be my first time owning one so it'll be interesting.I also have a 360, a ds which I just got rid of and a psp. Those don't get nearly as much playing time though. I love rpgs and hate fps.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dungeon Master's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all, I'm Will; twenty-one year old native Texan from the Dallas area. I'm big into the SNES, specifically SNES RPGs. I guess you could say my first foray into collecting of actual "rarities" would be with my recent purchase of a pre-market prototype of Earthbound. Not much to be seen that's different so far; probably nothing, but it's the culmination of a thirteen year enjoyment of the game - being dumped this weekend, as well, so we'll see what that turns out. I own a couple of arcade cabinets (Street Fighter II CE and Galaga III) and dozens of gaming and antique computer systems. It's my goal to open a museum in the Dallas area one day for computing and gaming history (you can stop laughing now) and I'm always on the lookout for the old stuff. I enjoy going to the Saturday Sale (DFW residents know what I'm talking about!) and my hobbies are pretty dang vast. I'm a senior at Baylor about to go into law school (hopefully) and prefer Shiner Bock. Found the forums by recommendation (PredatorXS) and glad I joined.
    You gain 26 experience points and find a blue potion.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone!

My name is Mimi, I am a half Japanese / half English retro game addict from Tokyo, Japan (born in London though).

I've been reading this forum for a few months now and though it was about time I revealed myself!

Well, I hope I'm welcome here, although I understand if not.

I wanted to register with the username 'Mimi' but it appears there already is a Mimi here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Nice group of new users as of late, welcome all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    theCHUDscame

Guess I'll just try to run through the basic questions here...

My name is Chad, I'm 20 years old and live in a small town in Ohio.
    I found the forums looking for an online video game rarity guide one afternoon.
    Favorite games...well I guess I'm a sucker for the traditional favorites - Ocarina of Time and Yoshi's Island are two off the top of my head that I could play over and over any day of the week. A couple other games I think are great are Cosmic Chasm for Vectrex, Ghosts N Goblins on NES, Tomba! on PS, and Fable on Xbox but there are a lot more games out there I enjoy. I collect for any system I own which leaves the door wide open in that regard, but I am more about collecting the systems than the games.

"In real life" I attend OSU (but I wouldn't exactly call myself a "buckeye", having been born in Michigan and making frequent trips back there because I like it much more than Ohio). I started off majoring in Computer Science, but switched to Sociology last year and have maintained a 4.0 since then so something's going right. I also spend a lot of time creating music and drumming with anyone who's down to jam. I've been drumming for about 10 years and while I try to keep myself humble, popular opinion seems to be that my playing is "incredible" so I put myself out there as much as possible.

The start of my collecting: The first system I owned was my Super Nintendo, given to me by my teenage aunt when I was about 4, I'd guess. After that I got a Gameboy when I broke my femur to keep me busy in the hospital. From that point, I got games sporadically up until my brother got the N64 for his seventh birthday and I got the Playstation a few months later for my tenth birthday and those would have to be the systems that really woke me up to gaming. Fast forward to when I began really collecting...well one day I noticed that I had mostly Nintendo systems and I decided I only had a couple more to get in order to complete the collection so that's what I set out to do. I had a SNES, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, and Gameboy Color. Not much more to get, right? Well after a little bit of research I found out just how wrong I was, but fortunately most of the remaining systems were donated to me by good friends who wanted to see me fulfill my goal. During the time I was gathering the missing links, I acquired a couple other systems that I wasn't really looking for, but was willing to take off people's hands and then decided I'd have to fill those lines as well.

I'm now up to 52 systems, I believe, and a little over 400 games with the collection growing by the week at this period in time. Links to my collection databases can be found in my signature if you're interested and the following is a video I made barely over a week ago to showcase my collection and it's already out of date: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQalpoWM_uk

Nice to be here
    Last edited by theChad; 08-16-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello all!

Well, after viewing Digital Press for some time, I finally decided to register! Great site and great forums, by the way. Searching around here has even helped me with some previously unanswered questions (such as how to fix the speaker in my Game Gear, among other things), and I am especially fond of the Prototype section!

Now after saying all that, I bet you're wondering "who the heck is this person?" So, I'll just take a cue from the first post in this topic and really introduce myself:

- Who you are: I'm Narifia, silly.

- Where you live: STALKER!

- How you found the forums: Actually, I've stumbled upon this place several times over the years, mostly from searching for info on prototypes.

- What your favorite games are: Batman for the NES, though I haven't beaten it yet. Others include the original Final Fantasy (not so much the newer ones), Legendary Wings, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers (hey, childhood memories!), SMB3, Chrono Trigger for SNES, The Lion King for Game Gear, Chip's Challenge for Atari Lynx, Desert Falcon for Atari 2600, Pokemon Crystal for Game Boy Color, and--so far--Animal Crossing: Wild World for the DS, *just* to name a few highlights. If I listed them all, it would take pages...

- What systems you collect for: As far as consoles go; Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, SNES, and recently Playstation and a little bit for Playstation 2. As far as handhelds go; Game Boy (all variations up through Advance), Game Gear, Lynx, and DS (although I rarely care about newer systems, the DS is actually a pretty impressive system. That, and I love to collect handhelds. I still have no PSP, though).

- What you do in "real life": Currently, I'm working and attending college to become an English teacher (real exciting, I know ). I also write and hope to publish my books one day, and I play around with drawing in my spare time. Aside from collecting video games and researching video game history, I also love to read up on old film and music technology and the history behind it.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: I remember my very first system was an Atari 2600 Jr. that my parents had just laying around gathering dust, and after that my brother bought me a NES plus around 50 games from his friend. Sometime after my parents got hooked up to the internet I started digging on what games I could potentially (get my parents to) buy for my NES and (somehow) stumbled upon System Failure, an old site that I don't think is even around anymore (although I know the Wayback Machine has scraps of it) that began my interest in prototype games. Since then, I've been an enthusiastic "researcher" of prototype games for most early systems and the history of video games as a whole.

Well, after that long (and probably boring, lol) introduction, I'm ready to post in the forums, darn it! *Scuttles off to go find a thread to jump into*
    --Narifia

Insert Coin (Level 0) Sergeant Sega's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FSK BigHurt
    PSN
    ChiefofNorway

Default Hei og hopp!

Hi!

I found this forum sometime ago, but forgot all about it for a while, because of work and moving and such.

Now I'm recently moved in to my new appartment on the top floor, in the middle of Lillestrøm, a medium size city, but with the Norwegian Trade Fair just meters away the tourist are coming in by the busloads (litteraly) Lillestrøm is located about 8minutes from Oslo by directtrain or 30minutes by localtrain.

I used to be a hardcore collector but sold off my collection about two, three years ago due to me getting a new job and needing to clean up my place at that time. Now I'm back to collecting once more, and building my collection everyday. Before I used to collect just about everything that I could get my hands on, but now I try to be more focused on my collecting.

The systems I collect is primary Sega systems, but I do have some Nintendo systems as well, and of course all of the three next-generation consoles (I'm a huge Xbox fanboy, and the Forum Captain for Microsoft Norway on Xbox.com). I also collect gaming memoriblia, and that was the only part of my collection I did not sell off, so I have quite a collection of those. I used to be a webjournalist for TV2 Interactive, and was the editior of Norways biggest Dreamcast Magazine online. TV2 is Norways biggest commercial TV-channel, and working for them made it really easy to get cool freebies and such

In addition to collecting and playing videogames I now work as a Department Manager at Spaceworld, the biggest Norwegian chain of game, movies and small electronics. I've handled mostly mobilephones for two years now, but we've just rebuilt our store and we're opening one of the biggest gamedepartment in Norway (if not the biggest) next week and I'm going to run it! I'm super excited!

My hobbies are mainly gaming, collecting games, movies, tv-series music, cooking and mixing drinks.

I've been to the USA two times (both times to E3 in LA) but next time I'm going to New Jersey to a certain videogamestore there, hehe... It looks freaking sweet! I really miss the Starbucks coffe and often get stuck on their webpage drooling over what I can't get. I travel sometimes to the UK to get my fix and to watch Manchester United, the best soccer team in the world demolish other soccerteams Too bad it's a costly trip for coffe and soccer, so I can't do it as often as I'd like to.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I can only imagine how bad my grammar is, but please bear with me
    Last edited by Sergeant Sega; 08-19-2008 at 04:14 PM.

All your oil are belong to U.S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Astrosmash DWB

Default Another intro!

Hi everybody, I'm Dan. I've been using Digital Press for awhile now and have stopped by to lurk on the boards once in awhile, so I figured I should just go ahead and start posting.

I'm from the Hudson Valley in New York; somewhere south of Albany and north of NYC. I work at a historic site as an interpreter, which is basically a fancy way of saying tour guide/researcher/whatever else I end up doing on a particular day.

When I was very young - age 3 or so - a pizza place (now long gone) in the local mall had an old Pac-Man cocktail cabinet; this was very likely the first video game I ever played. Several years later my dad gave me his old Intellivision, so despite being part of the "NES generation," I actually got my start on a previous generation system, and although having many other systems now I've always felt a certain degree of loyalty to George Plimpton's favorite console. (And of course the handle I picked here is a tribute to it.) A year or two later I got my NES for Christmas, and the rest is history.

Today, I've amassed a collection covering about the entire span of home gaming history, ranging from a Pong console to the Wii and Xbox 360 (in between I have a lot of the essentials, including but not limited to the 2600 and 5200, NES and SNES, Master System and Genesis, N64, PS2, and yes, I still have that old Intellivision too). And while I don't have nearly a complete set of games on any one system, I enjoy having a variety to collect for.

So anyway, there's my introduction. Looking forward to some good discussions on here, so I'll see everybody on the boards!
    Dan B.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone, I'm from Australia. I found this forum just from googling about retro games and what they are worth and such.
    It may suprise you, but I am a truck driver and deliver products to building sites.

My favourite sorts of games are long-winded, non-linear ones that take tens of hours to finish i.e. Zelda games (of course), Bully, The Godfather. But sometimes I love to pull out quick games like Mario Kart or Ghost Squad.

Systems I collect for - I have such a small collection as I haven't been collecting for very long. I have the PAL Nintendo console collection (no old handhelds), from the NES to the Wii and am now looking to finish the SEGA series but always looking for anything I can find at garage sales, auctions, antique shops, etc.
    I started collecting about May 2008, when I found an N64 and was reminded of the good old days, and in July I was lucky enough to go to the GAME ON expo in Melbourne (opposite side of the country for me) which was very inspiring for me.

I feel I have a bit of an advantage being in a fairly small town and possibly the only video game collector in the area, yet I struggle to find stuff. Perhaps there IS another collector getting to places before me? It would probably be better if there was more of a collector scene rather than nobody but me.

Anyway, great site here and I'll be around the forums.