Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GBA - NES Classic series

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default GBA - NES Classic series

Anyone have any idea if Nintendo is going to release a 3rd NES Classic Series for the Gameboy Advanced? If so, any rumors about what the titles might be? I just got a GBA and I love it!! Especially all the retro titles that are available. I'm even considering just using the GBA instead of my consoles, just because of convenience. I mean, I want a quick game of something, I can just sit on the couch and play.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

No news about a third wave so far, though we are keeping our fingers crossed for Kid Icarus.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ME WANT!!!
    Run, run, or you'll be well done! -Kefka

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default s

No news about a third wave so far, though we are keeping our fingers crossed for Kid Icarus.
    Exactly. There's really no good reason Nintendo didn't release that one here. They'll release crap like Ice Climber, but not Kid Icarus? Makes no sense to me....especially when it is known that KI has a relatively good following that isn't enormous only because Nintendo has never pushed the KI franchise very far.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

i dont care what games they release...as long as they do decide to release more....the set looks so nice on my shelve all together and matching
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's stupid for them to release them. I want new games.. not someone just remaking an old game and charging money for it. I already bought Super Mario Bros for NES and I don't need the same exact thing for 50 systems.

I'd like to see what's in a cartridge though on the ROM.. it's probably just an NES emulation program.. if so maybe someone can rip the ROM and add in a different game of their choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you really want Kid Icarus, it shouldn't that much more expensive to just import the JP version. I mean, of course you can wait for NoA to make a move, but importing GBA is pretty straightforward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GimmeSomeReggae

b

<-------------- RELEASE THIS GAME, YOU DOLTS.

I WILL PAY $200 FOR IT.

-A Boy
    Hmph.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the entire famicom mini/gba classics series i finally have a full complete japanese set but what i really hate is the lazyness in the presentation in the west.

(Sorry folks i feel a rant coming on)

I don't know what the us versions are like but in the uk the quality is appauling. What makes it even more insulting is over here, the uk version is £15 but in japan its £10. They made all that effort in releasing the nes sp with a fantastic japanese style box & then they let it down with poor games boxes.

The uk boxes are made from the cheapest cardboard imaginable even cereal boxes have better card. Now there's nothing the can do about the original nes box artwork but they could have at least made highly detailed miniature replicas of the nes boxes like they did in japan with the famicom mini series.

Heres a pic to see just how lazy they were, on the left the oversized uk version & on the right the tiny perfect replica.

(end of rant)

And seeing as some of you like kid icarus heres some pics of the japanese version to keep you going till NoA pull their finger out & hopefully release it over there.

The carts in the final 3rd series are yellow to represent the colour of the original famicom disks.

The manual takes form as 2 sheets of paper, due to the size of the boxes this is understandable. The artwork is excellent & in full colour too.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Nice! I have a coupon for 5$ off my next purchase at play-asia. Maybe I'll pick up one of the Famicom releases... BTW, is the outside packaging a plastic shell or is it possible to open it without destroying it to get to the cart?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks a lot for those pics! Love the detail the japanese put into their products.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure Nintendo said that they aren't going to put out any more of the classic series. They just didn't sell well enough...but at $20 a pop can you blame consumers. I'm a huge NES fan (probably my favorite system), but even I'm not going to buy any of them (unless they are super cheap).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    i dont care what games they release...as long as they do decide to release more....the set looks so nice on my shelve all together and matching
    YES IT DOES!!
    I still need to get a couple of games from the second set, but I will. I sure do hope for a third set!!!! I think there will be another set released but who knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    Nice! I have a coupon for 5$ off my next purchase at play-asia. Maybe I'll pick up one of the Famicom releases... BTW, is the outside packaging a plastic shell or is it possible to open it without destroying it to get to the cart?
    The plastic outer box is not sealed, you can open & close it as many times as you wish.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Default Re: s

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    Exactly. There's really no good reason Nintendo didn't release that one here. They'll release crap like Ice Climber, but not Kid Icarus? Makes no sense to me....especially when it is known that KI has a relatively good following that isn't enormous only because Nintendo has never pushed the KI franchise very far.

-Rob
    Hey, I like Ice Climber! That's the only Classic NES Series game I bought!

If you ask me, the worthless one was Donkey Kong. The NES version is missing a level. Why would you want to reissue that? Super Mario Bros. was a bad idea too because of SMB Deluxe for the Gameboy Color.

There, that's my rant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell
    If you ask me, the worthless one was Donkey Kong. The NES version is missing a level. Why would you want to reissue that? Super Mario Bros. was a bad idea too because of SMB Deluxe for the Gameboy Color.

There, that's my rant.
    And Metroid since it's already included in Zero Mission.

I would have loved for Nintendo to bring over some Japan-only games like Nazo no Murasame jou but I knew it was too much to ask.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

Not that I bought any yet, so I'm not complaining. But Punchout would have been nice...

Do mean to pick up LOZ sometime...

Cheers,
    Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    Well, Ice Climber *does* have a following....

But, you're right-a lot of the games in the NES Classic Series have been dead weight-specifically the entries from the Arcade Classics Series (Donkey Kong and Pac-Man). Kid Icarus hasn't been ported because the NES version is a bit different from the already-ported Disk System version-significantly so, in fact, when you consider the ending requirements. The Zelda games and Castlevania are almost identical from their Disk System equivalents, so they got the reissue treatment first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW
    Well, Ice Climber *does* have a following....

But, you're right-a lot of the games in the NES Classic Series have been dead weight-specifically the entries from the Arcade Classics Series (Donkey Kong and Pac-Man). Kid Icarus hasn't been ported because the NES version is a bit different from the already-ported Disk System version-significantly so, in fact, when you consider the ending requirements. The Zelda games and Castlevania are almost identical from their Disk System equivalents, so they got the reissue treatment first.
    Hmm, what's different about it exactly? Cause I've been playing the GBA import version, and it seems a lot harder than I remember.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I had the money, I might very seriously consider buying Castlevania, The Legend of Zelda II, Kid Icarus, Metroid and Super Mario Bros. 2 from the third Famicom-Mini set. Then again, perhaps I should buy a Famicom Disk System and use Brad Taylor's FDS transfer tool to play them on my Famicom.