Thread: Best online mix of strategy and action

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best online mix of strategy and action

Hello, online gamers. I've been mired in Steel Battalion: Line of Contact for months now. In general, it's been a great experience. The kiddie/moron factor is pretty low in there, as the game is balls out expensive (the average player seems to be in the mid-to-late 20s and gainfully employed).

Anyway, the other night a player asserted that SB:LOC is the "perfect mix of strategy and action", as excellent strategy can defeat good piloting, and excellent piloting can compensate for a merely good strategy. It's unfortunate that the game is so expensive, and that the steep learning curve has turned away even many of the owners, and that the broadband requirement keeps others out of the game.

So for those occasional nights when I don't feel like logging in as pilot Rhindle in SB:LOC, what Xbox Live games would you suggest as providing the best mix of strategy and action? I don't care if the playerbase is low and I have to wait a few minutes for a match. And it would be good, too, if the game is relatively free of 1337 kiddies, cheat0rz, glitchers, griefers and pottymouths. Or am I asking too much?
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*ahem*

i.e., bump
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enjoy "Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders", there's not too many kiddes, actually there's not a lot of people at all. Anyway, it's a great strategy/action/rpg hack in slash game. It play a lot like "Dynasty Warriors" except you have multiple units that you command and give orders too. So alittle bit of strategy comes into play, for instance you can run down infantry and archery units with your cavalry. But your phalanx type unit can stand up to the charge while you flank them from behind with your archers and infantry. Other units include engineers who set and disable traps and Great Eagles. Then you got your Orc side with their unit types. You can upgrade and change unit types with experience and money. I haven't actually played the game in awhile, but you get the idea. I really like it, maybe I'll get back into it.