Thread: Factory Sealed - "Hogan's Alley" NES Game - NIB -

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Factory Sealed - "Hogan's Alley" NES Game - NIB -

Factory Sealed - "Hogan's Alley" Nintendo NES Game - NIB - Rare!
    An Unplayed Collectors' Item

eBay Item # 8164235662

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8164235662

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would highly recommend building some feedback on ebay as a seller before you sell a gem like that. I can't remember the last time I saw a Hogan's Alley up for auction but I don't look real hard. Last I knew, there was good money to be had

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GimmeSomeReggae

Huh.

I don't see a seam in the plastic.

Did the original "black box" games not have them?

-A Boy
    Hmph.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a really good question. But I can say that the line on the side that is pictured does seem a bit curved up towards the ends and I'm pretty sure that never happened on any of the ones that I saw. If anybody is interested in a real answer, I can contact somebody that would know the answer for sure.

Edit: in his other auctions you can see the seem on Hogan's Alley...he has two evidently. Maybe you just can't see it?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A Boy
    Huh.

I don't see a seam in the plastic.

Did the original "black box" games not have them?

-A Boy
    they did, and should.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2
    I would highly recommend building some feedback on ebay as a seller before you sell a gem like that. I can't remember the last time I saw a Hogan's Alley up for auction but I don't look real hard. Last I knew, there was good money to be had
    The first item I sold on ebay went for $300 which is what it was worth. (It was a pez despenser)

He has 80 positive, and 100% so I would trust him and so would most people interested in the item. If someone has that good of feedback I don't even bother looking at if they have it from selling or buying, either way they are probably trust worthy.
    Midwest

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

In my uneducated opinion, that's a reseal. The picture is not real sharp, but sharp enough that if there were a horizontal seam on the back, it would be visible.

Chris

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charitycasegreg
    The first item I sold on ebay went for $300 which is what it was worth. (It was a pez despenser)

He has 80 positive, and 100% so I would trust him and so would most people interested in the item. If someone has that good of feedback I don't even bother looking at if they have it from selling or buying, either way they are probably trust worthy.
    The first item I sold on ebay was sealed Bomberman for NES. The going rate for it was easily $50 and it was pristine, alas...I received $25 shipped. I had atleast 130 feedback at 100%. This is the only reason I mention it. After I cleared a few sealed game transactions, prices went through the roof.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    In my uneducated opinion, that's a reseal. The picture is not real sharp, but sharp enough that if there were a horizontal seam on the back, it would be visible.

Chris
    You, sir, are quite mistaken. Instead of posting libelous accusations, why don't you simply contact me for clarification? I own a successful company, and do not have the time, need, or inclination to "fake" an eBay posting for a meaningless video game. This is what I get for taking the time to inform people who I thought may appreciate my items. Clearly, I should have just given the damn things to GoodWill, as I original planned to do, but a friend told me that I should post on some Nintendo message boards. Shoot me.

First of all, there were several different packaging arrangements released by Nintendo. I happen to have two of the varieties--one with the horizontal line on the back, and one without the horizontal line (but with a hang tag). My father was sort of a collector, a prospector, if you will. He actually bought THREE copies of Hogan's Alley. He gave one to me to play in 1985 when I was 9 years old, and stashed the other 2 copies away in his closet, along with my new NES system that I also have posted on eBay. A few years ago, he passed everything on to me. I just bought a new home, and am trying to liquidate the things from my childhood, such as games and action figures, which you can begin to see me post on eBay over the next few days. I just don't have the collecting spirit anymore. My new hobby is working on my house, and that takes up ALL of my time. I need to get my dozens of boxes of collectables out of here. That is all.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chewbaca4

You, sir, are quite mistaken. Instead of posting libelous accusations, why don't you simply contact me for clarification? I own a successful company, and do not have the time, need, or inclination to "fake" an eBay posting for a meaningless video game. This is what I get for taking the time to inform people who I thought may appreciate my items. Clearly, I should have just given the damn things to GoodWill, as I original planned to do, but a friend told me that I should post on some Nintendo message boards.

Right.... Well it's never to late. You could end the auction early and do that . God forbid someone give their "uneducated" opinion", as they said.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran

Right.... Well it's never to late. You could end the auction early and do that . God forbid someone give their "uneducated" opinion", as they said.
    I think he had it coming. At one point I considered myself somewhat of a sealed nes collector/expert and I wasn't even willing to point my finger with certainty. The guy even added a little bit to his post instead of the usual "SCREW YOU GUYS" reply that often comes up around here when people are new and get a little dirt thrown at them. Why throw more dirt?

I'm pretty sure this can all end right here so this guy can let people know he's selling a sealed copy of Hogan's Alley, those who wish to bid...see the link, others may choose the back button on their browser.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think he had it coming. At one point I considered myself somewhat of a sealed nes collector/expert and I wasn't even willing to point my finger with certainty. The guy even added a little bit to his post instead of the usual "SCREW YOU GUYS" reply that often comes up around here when people are new and get a little dirt thrown at them. Why throw more dirt?

I'm pretty sure this can all end right here so this guy can let people know he's selling a sealed copy of Hogan's Alley, those who wish to bid...see the link, others may choose the back button on their browser.
    Well check out this guys other threads. I usually won't say anything, but when someone comes in here and starts acting like a jerk (IMHO) I start taking offense.

At which point do you have to say "I own a successful company, and do not have the time, need, or inclination to "fake" an eBay posting for a meaningless video game." ? Who cares , blah, blah, blah.

Oh well it could be because it's 3:00 and I'm sitting at a computer instead of sleeping.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    Oh well it could be because it's 3:00 and I'm sitting at a computer instead of sleeping.
    You've got a point on some things, I still think people should turn away from this thread unless they have positive input and I now know why I responded in the first place...tomorrow starts early Good luck with the sale chewbaca4!