Thread: Anybody into emulating ON Xbox?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Anybody into emulating ON Xbox?

I appreciate it, but at the moment I don't have a PC "be getting a new one at start of new year."

I'm just wanting to get a general consensus from anyone who has tried it out, and see if it's worth pursuing.

I'm not sure I need to get a dedicated emu PC if Xbox emu is good enough, cause I will be using my main PC for work, and such, hince why i'm asking.

Plus, playing emu on PC just ain't the same. I grew up with it in front of the tube, and that's where I would prefer it, but I don't wanna do it if it isn't authentic, plus I don't wanna blow nothing up "good at that."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default .....

Sorry. I misread your original message. I have a friend who has a modified X-Box and has tried the X-Mame port. He says it is awesome. Apparently Neo-Geo titles play at full speed with sound. I would imagine he is telling the truth, as all the X-Box really is is a 733mhz PC with the same basic characteristics as most modern day systems. I still would love to see it in action however. Unfortunately he lives in Cali and I don't have a ride As for other emulators, I couldn't tell yah. I have some X-Box emulators laying around on my HD somewhere if you need them to try however...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Uh, I didn't mean to edit my original post. That had to be the biggest damn brain fart i've ever had.

Doesn't really matter though as the topic is still pretty clear, just didn't wanna trip you out, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ...

That was kinda trippy And I didn't even start drinking yet

Anyway, to get the emulator to even run on the X you would have to mod the thing, which A. Will cost some bucks to get the mod chip, B. Will be hard to find (the mod), and C. You have to hope you don't fry your X-box in the process. An easier idea would be to buy a mini tower case and build yourself an inexpensive PC with a tv-out card. You can probably build the whole system with a drive that'll hold all of your roms (30-40 gb) for $300 bucks or so. I tv-out Mame here with a $25 Nvidia TNT2 card and all the games are perfect. THen I would suggest to get a hotrod for the controller, or, if you still want to go cheaper, two Adaptoid connectors. They're USB and allow N64 joysticks to hook up to the PC. They're all I use and I have no complaints whatsoever!