Thread: Legend of Zelda Minish Cap DEMO

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Legend of Zelda Minish Cap DEMO

The Nintendo rep came by my GameStop today and loaded up the GBA SP interactive with a new game; Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap. I didn’t think anything about it since this is a common occurrence, however when I went to start the game ( I knew that the Minish Cap had no enticement mode ) I noticed it was different.

This version of the game truly is a demo. After you press start you get to choose from one of three starting points; Minish Woods ‘path’ to first dungeon, the first dungeon, or the second dungeon. The entrances are blocked off so that you cannot exit to the rest of the game.

Nintendo has always supplied the games for the interactive. Until this one, the games have been a full version with a “Not For Resale” box on its sticker. You’ve likely seen these available to repurchase later, as the Nintendo reps reclaim them all when their time in the interactive is over. My guess would be that the bulk of these are purchased from Nintendo to re-sell as used games.

Well anyway, I thought it was unusual and some collector’s might be interested in hearing about this unique GBA cartridge. Now as for acquiring one… I have no idea, but I will be hitting the rep up for it next time he‘s in.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

..And why didn't you blackjack him over the head and steal it?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I certainly would have asked him about it, but he’d already left before I even noticed it was special. I didn’t even get to see what the cart looked like. I got the special bit to take it apart somewhere, I’ll look at it whenever I get the chance.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good man.

...By the way, this conversation never took place.

Oh and also, I was kidding.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

use the black jack!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Legend of Zelda Minish Cap DEMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jicsan
    The Nintendo rep came by my GameStop today and loaded up the GBA SP interactive with a new game; Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap. I didn’t think anything about it since this is a common occurrence, however when I went to start the game ( I knew that the Minish Cap had no enticement mode ) I noticed it was different.

This version of the game truly is a demo. After you press start you get to choose from one of three starting points; Minish Woods ‘path’ to first dungeon, the first dungeon, or the second dungeon. The entrances are blocked off so that you cannot exit to the rest of the game.

Nintendo has always supplied the games for the interactive. Until this one, the games have been a full version with a “Not For Resale” box on its sticker. You’ve likely seen these available to repurchase later, as the Nintendo reps reclaim them all when their time in the interactive is over. My guess would be that the bulk of these are purchased from Nintendo to re-sell as used games.

Well anyway, I thought it was unusual and some collector’s might be interested in hearing about this unique GBA cartridge. Now as for acquiring one… I have no idea, but I will be hitting the rep up for it next time he‘s in.

I've seen several of these Minish Cap Demos up for sale on Ebay recently. Here's a few pictures from a recent auction:

Reminds me of the Majora's Mask N64 demo cart. Some of the Nintendo Demo carts have unique roms/programming, which definitely adds to their appeal to collectors.

- Shawn

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The story in the begining of Minish Cap takes a VERY LONG TIME to get through before you actually start walking around the overworld and playing the game, fighting bad guys, etc. This is a good call on their part to just let you dive into the action. The long story might deter some players, personally, it would probably help ME to buy it. Gotta buy that game this week actually.