Thread: Today's great accomplishment!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Today's great accomplishment!

I have been recently trying to complete a "Retro Compilation Collection" for the GBA. This includes every known compilation of classic games for the system, as well as the Nes Classic Series. Well, I am just about complete (I believe) since today I received a new copy of Sega Arcade Gallery. I had to import it since it is near impossible for me to find in the US, but it works perfectly of course on the USA GBA and DS.

Wel, I popped it in today and decided to play the old classic "Space Harrier". Now, for some reason I never beat the game. I was an ace at Space Harrier II on the Genesis, beating that game without losing a single life, but I always ran out of lives before completing the first game on multiple platforms (TG16, SMS) But, playing this GBA title on the DS today, I beat the game! Probably not a great feat for some seasoned players, but I'm pretty happy about it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i did kindof the same thing recently, i was hooked on Gradius V and after hours of playing i finally managed to finish it. So inspired, I start to play other games in the series. I pulled out Gradius for the NES, and low and behold, i was able to finish it . Oddly, the last stage wasnt that hard, and then to see the original big brain that you didnt have to fight at the end added some extra punch to the ending of V

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Hey, that's cool! I bought my brother Sega Arcade Gallery for Christmas when I found it in the bargin bin, and I loved it. The only two quibbles I have are:

1. The music in Out Run is incomplete.
    2. In Space Harrier, they give 50 seconds before they start taking away any of your lives. What the?

Other than that, the games are arcade perfect. And, to be honest with you, I haven't beat Space Harrier either.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."