Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Default THE rarest Gamecube game?

I've noticed a few posts recently talking about the rarity of Gamecube games, and I remembered something I read in Nintendo Power. Apparently, before the release of Custom Robo here in the states, NOA sent out a demo disc containing a preview version of the game to select "Sages" from the Nintendo.com boards to "beta test" it. Now, that's all I remember and for all I know it could have just been the retail version sent out early (though why they would bother sending out a final version to be "beta tested" is beyond me), but I thought it might be interesting to find out more about. If anything, it could turn out to be the Cube's "holy grail"...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Uh no, because it's a beta version, every game has a beta version it just depends who gets their hands on it. More of novelty then something spend their life and money towards, it's a nice thing to add to a collection, but in no means something that sticks out. Now Tower of Druaga bonus disc for GameCube will certainly become rare down the line.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what about the Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes japanese bonus disk with the original NES Metal Gear on it? That in the DP guide?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    what about the Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes japanese bonus disk with the original NES Metal Gear on it? That in the DP guide?
    It all depends on if we're talking about the rarest commercially released game or not... but that one would definitely be high on any list.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah the Tower of Druaga and Metal Gear discs are certainly the rarest games available to the public as they were only given in limited production and under certain circumstances. Oddly enough they are both NES games too.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe that NCAA Basketball 2K3 is quite rare, and was selling for $70+ a few months ago. It has since gone down in price, but is still considered the rarest current generation game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

What is the story behind the Tower of Druaga and Metal Gear bonus discs? I am working towards a complete Gamecube bonus disc collection and didn't even know about those. :/

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metal Gear bonus disc shipped w/Twin Snakes Gamecube.

If it's available seperately, then I haven't heard about it. I'd like to get my hands on it, but only if I can get it by itself.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Correlation: it was only available with the Metal Gear Solid Gamecube bundle in Japan. After a copy myself actually. I have the Tower of Druaga disc (available from pre-ordering Baten Kaitos in Japan back end of 2003).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can add the japanese versions of pacman vs & the zelda collection to the list too.

The zelda collection was only available through club nintendo in japan. A few months back you could still get it but now its no longer on there so if you didn't get a copy thats it, your out of luck.

As for pacman vs, there was a version released normally packaged inside copies of R racing evolution but the club nintendo version of pacman vs is different in content, it has the same game but theres a club nintendo screen when it boots up & there are some extra demo stuff on the disk too.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that the Resident Evil Demo Disc will be one of the real rarities too. I just got the Pure Evil double pack today, and I entered my code and it took it and said the game would be on its way to me soon. It's the last day of the promotion, and according to the Pure Evil double pack, only 10,000 demos were made.

I'm pretty excited by that
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WHat about RE2? Not really rare but freaking expensive on ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RE2 and RE3 are only costly because they have demand, once this generation of consoles passes no one will give a rats ass about the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Correlation: it was only available with the Metal Gear Solid Gamecube bundle in Japan. After a copy myself actually. I have the Tower of Druaga disc (available from pre-ordering Baten Kaitos in Japan back end of 2003).
    In that case maybe I should stick to collecting only North American bonus discs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

In the US, as far as official releases go, I would say that the Soul Calibur II demo disc is the rarest. I'm pretty sure it was a pre-order bonus at TRU. I also only know of 3 copies in existence, and it is being a pain in the neck for me to find. As far as games go, I think that NCAA Basketball 2K3 is a rarity. But I think that at this stage early in the Gamecubes life, we really need to just wait and see which games come to be the trickiest to locate.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamegirl79
    What is the story behind the Tower of Druaga and Metal Gear bonus discs? I am working towards a complete Gamecube bonus disc collection and didn't even know about those. :/
    Yeah dude - Good Luck. Really though, the games are not worth the cash, it's all about those pretty boxes on the shelf.

Really though..."Good Luck, You'll Need it!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RE2 and RE3 are only costly because they have demand, once this generation of consoles passes no one will give a rats ass about the games?????????????????????????????????????
    OK thats total bullshit the RE games are popular period and RE2 and RE3 were originally sold on the PSone my friend in case you are too young to remember and were also released on Dreamcast and PC.
    I have the DC version of RE3 and still play it today.
    the GC versions sell well on Ebay BECAUSE there is demand for them they have lasted through 2 GENERATIONS my friend so there will still be demand for them long after this generation

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Top Angler
    Disney Sports Titles
    Spirits and Spells
    Gotcha Force
    RedCard 2003

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
    RE2 and RE3 are only costly because they have demand, once this generation of consoles passes no one will give a rats ass about the games?????????????????????????????????????
    OK thats total bullshit the RE games are popular period and RE2 and RE3 were originally sold on the PSone my friend in case you are too young to remember and were also released on Dreamcast and PC.
    I have the DC version of RE3 and still play it today.
    the GC versions sell well on Ebay BECAUSE there is demand for them they have lasted through 2 GENERATIONS my friend so there will still be demand for them long after this generation
    Well seeing as how I own the games for Dreamcast and Playstation, yeah, I do think I remember, chump. All I'm saying is, knowing Capcom and how they love to whore out their old treasures they'll rerelease the games once again, and if not the RE series will continue. Want to know why people don't pay $100 for RE2 for PSX? Because it's an old console. Once the GameCube is behind us the same will be said about these games. Only about 6 months ago RE2 and RE3 were selling for about $30-40 new, now because of RE4 being release they have skyrocketed in price.

This isn't rocket science, it's the facts. I can prove it to you in years to come.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NCAA B-Ball 2K3 for GC sold something ridiculously low, like 6,000 copies.

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=14231

That's Sega's sales from the current gen, which is where I got the 6,000 stat from.
    Sexy.