Thread: THE rarest Gamecube game?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Just saw a Naruto 2 demo pop up on eBay. It appears to be similar to the standalone Soul Calibur 2 demo that appeared a couple of years ago, right down to the cardboard sleeve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2556&rd=1&rd=1

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson
    Just saw a Naruto 2 demo pop up on eBay. It appears to be similar to the standalone Soul Calibur 2 demo that appeared a couple of years ago, right down to the cardboard sleeve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2556&rd=1&rd=1
    These were just sent out to stores this past week. Time to go smooth talk to your Gamestop manager.....

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Glarg... too bad my local Gamestop rotates staff CONSTANTLY, so I've never been able to get friendly enough with anyone before they're transfered/fired/quit.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now that GCs life is almost done I went ahead and made a list of what I think are the top ten hardest to find GC games:

Bust-A-Move 3000
    Disney Extreme Sports Basketball
    Disney Extreme Sports Football
    Disney Extreme Sports Skateboarding
    Disney Extreme Sports Soccer
    F1 2002
    Goblin Commander: Unlease The Horde
    NCAA College Basketball 2k3
    Pokemon Box
    Rave Master

With NCAA being the hardest to find

Thoughts?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I'd scrub Skateboarding and Football for starters. Maybe even Soccer. Only Basketball is truly rare in my eyes. Not sure about Rave Master, Toys R Us did get a flood of them. I'd certainly add Jedi Knight II, Freaky Flyers and the dual Wind Waker/Ocarina of Time combo to the mix, probably Robotech Battlecry Collector's Edition too.

Generally stuff I've never seen or only seen once (and hence bought it) in shops is top in my mind. And I've been to a lot of stores in the US. Only seen BAM3000 once (missing manual), Freaky Flyers once (bought), NCAA Basketball once (bought). Never seen Disney Basketball in a shop, got that off Amazon for $25 new. Pokemon Box was off the website of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

My picks for top 3 rarest games are: (in order of scarcity)

Pokemon Box
    WTA Tour Tennis
    Top Angler

Around here, I have seen plenty of Goblin Commander and all the Disney games (except basketball). And suprisingly, I've seen more of NCAA College Basketball and BAM 3000 than any of my top 3 picks. I've seen four or so NCAA's at various places and encountered at least four BAM 3000's (all at Blockbusters).

Also, what about Slot Car Thunder? Has anyone seen that in the wild, as I can't recall ever encountering it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen a few copies each of F1 2002, Freaky Flyers, and Slot Car Thunder. They're scarce indeed, but I wouldn't put them in a top 10 list.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Conversely I've seen many copies of WTA Tennis Tour (though I agree it's at least an uncommon) and a couple of copies of Pro Tour Angler. I've seen Goblin Commander a couple of times and picked it up on one of those occasions. Ditto Slot Car Thunder, but the shops were wanting over $30 for it so I got my copy off eBay.

I think you must have gotten real lucky with NCAA and BAM3000 Vectorman because they are both acknowledged widely as being quite hard to find. Indeed NCAA technically is the holder currently of the rarest Cube title (until other sales figures prove otherwise).

Generally the rare and hard games on the Cube are the ones that go for the most money on eBay, which isn't always the case for modern systems. Hence why I'd list NCAA, BAM3000, JK2, Disney Basketball and Pokemon Box in any top 10 list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Does anyone think Pokemon Box may be rarer than NCAA College Basketball? Considering it was only available straight from Nintendo (and maybe Pokemon Center/Nintendo Store), it had a small print run, maybe smaller than the amount of NCAA's that are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Conversely I've seen many copies of WTA Tennis Tour (though I agree it's at least an uncommon) and a couple of copies of Pro Tour Angler. I've seen Goblin Commander a couple of times and picked it up on one of those occasions. Ditto Slot Car Thunder, but the shops were wanting over $30 for it so I got my copy off eBay.

I think you must have gotten real lucky with NCAA and BAM3000 Vectorman because they are both acknowledged widely as being quite hard to find. Indeed NCAA technically is the holder currently of the rarest Cube title (until other sales figures prove otherwise).

Generally the rare and hard games on the Cube are the ones that go for the most money on eBay, which isn't always the case for modern systems. Hence why I'd list NCAA, BAM3000, JK2, Disney Basketball and Pokemon Box in any top 10 list.
    This collecting stuff is crazy. I wish my luck would get me an Adventurevision or something.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't believe they printed many copies of Redcard soccer.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    Does anyone think Pokemon Box may be rarer than NCAA College Basketball? Considering it was only available straight from Nintendo (and maybe Pokemon Center/Nintendo Store), it had a small print run, maybe smaller than the amount of NCAA's that are out there.
    Given the number of Pokemon fans, I wouldn't bet on it but it would be interesting to see. For the record it was only available from the Pokemon Centre in NY (before it changed) and the Pokemon website store (NOT Nintendo's own online store).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Given the number of Pokemon fans, I wouldn't bet on it but it would be interesting to see. For the record it was only available from the Pokemon Centre in NY (before it changed) and the Pokemon website store (NOT Nintendo's own online store).

I bought it from Nintendo's online store. store.nintendo.com

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd scrub Skateboarding and Football for starters. Maybe even Soccer. Only Basketball is truly rare in my eyes. Not sure about Rave Master, Toys R Us did get a flood of them. I'd certainly add Jedi Knight II, Freaky Flyers and the dual Wind Waker/Ocarina of Time combo to the mix, probably Robotech Battlecry Collector's Edition too.

Generally stuff I've never seen or only seen once (and hence bought it) in shops is top in my mind. And I've been to a lot of stores in the US. Only seen BAM3000 once (missing manual), Freaky Flyers once (bought), NCAA Basketball once (bought). Never seen Disney Basketball in a shop, got that off Amazon for $25 new. Pokemon Box was off the website of course.
    Forgot Jedi Knight II, definatly put that one in there. Never saw Rave Master in the wild, bought mine online. Saw a few copies of Freaky Flyers, all of which were at Blockbuster. Robotech CE should probably be in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0
    My picks for top 3 rarest games are: (in order of scarcity)

Pokemon Box
    WTA Tour Tennis
    Top Angler

Around here, I have seen plenty of Goblin Commander and all the Disney games (except basketball). And suprisingly, I've seen more of NCAA College Basketball and BAM 3000 than any of my top 3 picks. I've seen four or so NCAA's at various places and encountered at least four BAM 3000's (all at Blockbusters).

Also, what about Slot Car Thunder? Has anyone seen that in the wild, as I can't recall ever encountering it?
    Don't see WTA or TA much, but I don't think I'd put either in the top 10.

Haven't saw SCT in awhile, but I wouldn't put it in the top 10 either.

Speaking of BAM 3000, a store about 2 hours away has had two complete copies for awhile, need to pick one up because my copy is missing box & manual.....

Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire

I don't believe they printed many copies of Redcard soccer.
    Yeah, don't see that one too much, but I don't think top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace

I've seen a few copies each of F1 2002, Freaky Flyers, and Slot Car Thunder. They're scarce indeed, but I wouldn't put them in a top 10 list.
    Must be regional, I don't think I've EVER saw a copy of F1 2002.

Also a few UBI Soft games seem to be a little bit hard to get(for me atlease) like the two Monster Truck games, City Racer, and the rally games(one of which was published by UBI. I've also been looking for Road Trip for awhile with no luck. Would put any of those in the top 10, just a few that are "uncommon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    I've also been looking for Road Trip for awhile with no luck. Would put any of those in the top 10, just a few that are "uncommon.
    I've managed to find one copy and it's in pretty beat up shape, so I never bought it. The store has had it for a good long while and everytime I see it, it calls my name Along with the GBA game, it's one of two US ChoroQ games that I don't have and it's bugging the hell out of me.

Chances are I'll just buy it online at some point.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    I bought it from Nintendo's online store. store.nintendo.com
    Interesting, I don't recall seeing it there otherwise I would have ordered it. I got Kris (QoF) to order two copies from the Pokemon site because it wasn't working for me at the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Interesting, I don't recall seeing it there otherwise I would have ordered it. I got Kris (QoF) to order two copies from the Pokemon site because it wasn't working for me at the time.
    My order confirmation invoice is dated 1/29/05. I figured I might as well throw that out there since you seem intrigued.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So which games are indeed hard to find/rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrench View Post
    So which games are indeed hard to find/rare?
    Are you serious? Did you not see the other 11 pages in this thread? If you read at least one of them, you'll get a general idea....

As for others, FIFA World Cup 2002 seems to be rather difficult to track down. Probably not rare, but fairly uncommon.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I read through them, did a litle searching, the NCAA basketball game is the only one that really stands out to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought Fireblade today, never heard of it before.