Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: THE rarest Gamecube game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by einbebop44
    NCAA B-Ball 2K3 for GC sold something ridiculously low, like 6,000 copies.

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=14231

That's Sega's sales from the current gen, which is where I got the 6,000 stat from.
    And that was the gift to my Secret Santa from me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbiersdorf
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
    RE2 and RE3 are only costly because they have demand, once this generation of consoles passes no one will give a rats ass about the games?????????????????????????????????????
    OK thats total bullshit the RE games are popular period and RE2 and RE3 were originally sold on the PSone my friend in case you are too young to remember and were also released on Dreamcast and PC.
    I have the DC version of RE3 and still play it today.
    the GC versions sell well on Ebay BECAUSE there is demand for them they have lasted through 2 GENERATIONS my friend so there will still be demand for them long after this generation
    Well seeing as how I own the games for Dreamcast and Playstation, yeah, I do think I remember, chump. All I'm saying is, knowing Capcom and how they love to whore out their old treasures they'll rerelease the games once again, and if not the RE series will continue. Want to know why people don't pay $100 for RE2 for PSX? Because it's an old console. Once the GameCube is behind us the same will be said about these games. Only about 6 months ago RE2 and RE3 were selling for about $30-40 new, now because of RE4 being release they have skyrocketed in price.

This isn't rocket science, it's the facts. I can prove it to you in years to come.
    The SNES version of Chrono Trigger still goes for a lot of money while the version released on the PSX, the more advanced system, with updated graphics goes for less money. This is completely contrary to your argument and exposes the flaws in your logic.

RE2 and RE3 are going for $70 or more because of supply and demand. There simply weren't that many of them as opposed to RE, RE0 and now RE4. Quite frankly, I don't see Capcom re-releasing RE2 and RE3 especially since they both have now been released on 3 consoles, with RE2 being released 2X on the PSX. It seems they produced a lot more RECV than RE2 and RE3 as I still see those new and used all over. Either that, or it wasn't as popular as the other two, and it now has been released on 4 consoles.

Now the reason RE2 and RE3 on the PSX don't go for as much money is simple: Capcom flooded the market with those games when they were released. It is a lot simpler to find a PSX version of either game than the GC version. Even the DC versions are harder to find and go for more money than the PSX versions.

Anyways, to get back on topic, other GC games that may be rare are Gauntlet Dark Legacy and Cubivore. However, I seem to recall there may have been a second run on Cubivore. Goblin Commander seems to be another one that I don't see very often, and it goes for $29.99 used at most game stores, while its XBOX and PS2 counterparts go for $9.99. I've only seen 1 used for the GC. Worms 3D, Space Raiders and Tube Slider may also be future rarities, but the price for them currently does not reflect that.

You may also want to keep a lookout for the versions of I-Ninja and R: Racing Revolution that came with Pac-Man VS. The problem is, the cases didn't have a holder for the separate game disc like Pac-Man World did. They simply inserted the cd with instructions into the case. The only way you knew it came with the game was a sticker placed on the shrinkwrap. Another cool combo pack is Darkened Skye/Outlaw Golf. i don't see too many of those either. Haven't checked ebay lately.

Other demos you may consider are the Mario Kart Double Dash version that came with the bonus disc if you pre-ordered it. Also, didn't they do a similar thing with Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike?

Lastly, I just recently picked up a version of Metroid Prime with a Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc in it. Does anybody know anything about this version and how you got it?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    The SNES version of Chrono Trigger still goes for a lot of money while the version released on the PSX, the more advanced system, with updated graphics goes for less money. This is completely contrary to your argument and exposes the flaws in your logic.
    What's updated about Chrono Trigger's graphics? To the best of my knowledge, all they did was add some lame anime FMV sequences. The PlayStation version of Chrono Trigger is pretty widely considered inferior to the SNES version due to painful loading times and such. That's one reason why the original goes for more money.

Really, it could go either way. Let's just say that Capcom does re-release RE2 and 3 in a future console generation: if it's a poor effort and the GameCube versions remain superior, they may still keep their current value; if the new versions are considered even better than the older ones, the GameCube versions may lose a lot of their value.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Lastly, I just recently picked up a version of Metroid Prime with a Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc in it. Does anybody know anything about this version and how you got it?
    Came with Metroid Prime Gamecube bundle pack.

Strawberry (Level 2) mizarkgram's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zektor
    Quote Originally Posted by einbebop44
    NCAA B-Ball 2K3 for GC sold something ridiculously low, like 6,000 copies.

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=14231

That's Sega's sales from the current gen, which is where I got the 6,000 stat from.
    And that was the gift to my Secret Santa from me
    And I thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, can't believe we're talking about this one again.

To avoid any confusion, let's get our ducks in a row.

Like with ANY system library, you have the following to consider:

US release vs. Non-US release

Retail release, or packaging bonus.

Having said that, this discussion was clearly mentioning the second choice for each subcategory.

If you are asking what is the "rarest" US offical release, not some preorder bonus or packaging gimmick designed to clear out the warehouse of extra stuff, then the answer is simple.

Sega Sports NCAA College Basketball. Period.

This is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of numbers.

If you are asking what the rarest US release is that can be played on a Gamecube, then that's where it gets dodgy.

US official releases that were done as a preorder (Star Wars Arcade, Pokemon Colluseum) really are not difficult to find at all. Will they be someday, who the hell knows. The two disc releases are probably going to be harder to find.

I've said this one before, and I will say it again - the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike that is packaged with the bonus preorder disc in the two disc snap-case with the actual game release and orange sticker on the front is probably the hardest of the US releases.

I have one, and have not heard, nor seen anyone else claim to have one. I know there are more out there, but you certainly cannot get one now at retail. They were only sold at Target, although there is nothing mentioning Target on the packaging.

Other packaging releases that may be harder to locate are the ones with retailer specific information on them - Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour with the Target Bullseye Tour packaging for example. Also, the KMart releases for Super Mario Sunshine and StarFox (for example.)

If you honestly want to know what import-only releases may become the rarest, you may as well stop now.

This is just like the yearly discussion about which NES releases should and should not be considered part of the "official list".

Collect imports if you like, obviously. Just don't expect them to show up in the DP US Gamecube release guide.

Sorry to ramble...

Steve
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I reckon the rarest GameCube games will be the ones that you get with your *Stars* on the Nintendo site... Ie, Pokemon Box (Standalone version) and Zelda: Ocarina Of Time & Master Quest (Standalone version)

Although these games are available as extra discs in other games, the standalone versions are much rarer - Pokemon box only having had around 4000 copies made. (PAL version)

Of course, the disc which comes with Pokemon Colloseum is far more common, as is the Zelda disc which comes with Wind Waker...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got a major score by finding a copy of NCAA Basketball 2K3 for cube for 15 bucks at EB of all places. The original price tag was 45 bucks, but there was a 15 price tag slapped on top of it (with the name of the game and everything, it wasnt a scam). I guess nobody was biting at 45, their loss my gain

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*From the Sega link*

"GC - Puyo Pop Fever - 2,921"

Glad I preordered mine.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie
    *From the Sega link*

"GC - Puyo Pop Fever - 2,921"

Glad I preordered mine.
    Even my mother-in-law has a copy of Puyo Pop Fever.

I seriously see that game everywhere. Everywhere meaning more than enough to have 20+ sealed copies if I really desired to spend $20 a game to buy 'em.

I'm not sure that's so much a rarity as it is a game that nobody bought.

I'm sure I'll scoop up a few of 'em though when the price drops.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i fail to understand why the ncaa basketball is considered rarest when the numbers clearly point to puyo pop fever...??

though i guess those are sales figures and not production figures.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

When over visiting QoF in November, I think I saw Puyo Pop Fever in almost every store we went to. Neither of us have ever seen NCAA Basketball in a store. About sums it up there

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I guess I shoulda just been clearer about what I was talking about.

The only thing I'm really interested in is if anybody has or knows anyone else who has these Custom Robo discs.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Picked one up in November too, I think I saw it at about 2-3 shops in total. So yeah it wasn't that easy to find.

(having said that, QoF has about 30 stores within 20 miles of where she lives so it's gaming trawl heaven whenever I go to visit!)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

K, I have a chance to pick up a used but not so great condition Ikaruga for $12.99 at my local Game Crazy. Does the sound like a good deal and should I pick it up?
    Systems owned: 2600, 5200, Lynx, Jaguar w/CD, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, N64 w/DrV64, Gamecube, GB, GBA SP, Game.com, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Turbo Grafx 16, Game Gear, Master System, Genesis w/32X and CD, JVC X'Eye, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds good to me. Especially if its just the case that's in bad condition. As long as the cover art is okay, you can always switch it out to a better case.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Depends on what's not in good condition.

Awesome game, period, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbertandernie
    i fail to understand why the ncaa basketball is considered rarest when the numbers clearly point to puyo pop fever...??

though i guess those are sales figures and not production figures.
    You nailed it...
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i cant believe puyo pop did that poorly. wow.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why are people talking about supply and demand? You say supply and demand but there will always be a cause on WHY the price went up in just a few months, just like Suikoden1/2 went up in price. Why did they go up in price? Becuz Suikoden 4 and Resident Evil 4 came out, hello dummy people that brung up supply and demand. Dont say it if you dont know what ur talking about.
    Only saing something pointless like "o its supply and demand", what about it?No one even mentioned about those games causing the Price eqilibrium going up due to supply going down and the demand going up. I hate Economics, so gay the class.