Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Don Komarechka View Post
    Actually something worth mentioning, kiosk discs 17 and 25 have *never* been found complete with the case insert, only as loose discs. If someone finds these two discs complete, than you've got yourself a one-of-a-kind
    We've been discussing this in another thread recently somewhere abouts here if you go search

On a comparative level, I have an NR of US Micro Machines which wasn't released either. Not sure if any other copies of it exist, not seen them.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Don Komarechka's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DonnyK

Mayhem,
    We've discussed the kiosk disc situation personally too I've tracked down both 17 and 25 myself for my own collection but both still do not have their respective sleeves. And your copy of Micro Machines does make me drool, however wasn't it released in the UK as well?

TurboGenesis,
    The scoring for the US version was found to be identical in every way way one exception - it has a 10x multiplier over the Japanese score, basically just an extra zero on the end. This was intentionally put there by the developers as far as I can tell.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yeah, Micro Machines was released in Europe but not in the US for whatever reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

TurboGenesis,
    The scoring for the US version was found to be identical in every way way one exception - it has a 10x multiplier over the Japanese score, basically just an extra zero on the end. This was intentionally put there by the developers as far as I can tell.
    Thank You, Don K., for clearing that up.
    Do you know if this has been carried over onto 'Ultimate Shooting Collection' which is coming out on the Wii? Though I have all three games for the Dreamcast, I purchase all USA released shooting games in an effort to pledge support.

Radirgy is my favorite game from Milestone of which I have played (I have not played Illvelo)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DonnyK

It should be in the compilation, Though who knows if it'll ever see the light of day.

Whatever the reasons for the delay, it is doubtful that it is the same reason that Radio Allergy was never released for the GameCube (though I can't go into details).

Its really hard to say now that the publisher has switched hands. UFO is now publishing, yet both Chaos Field and Radio Allergy were translated by O3 so I'm not sure if the two companies are working together, if UFO has full control of the project or what the story is. There are no assets available on O3's press site so I don't think they are involved at all, but that's just a guess..

Hope for the best

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NR Reader games don't count towards the official release list since it's(Radirgy) technically a non published copy of the game. It's counted as unreleased. The rarity being discussed is about officially released games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DonnyK

Was just trying to liven up a thread that hadn't been active for about six months :P

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No worries. Where did you get that thing anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DonnyK

Directly from O3, I was extremely helpful on their forums and had an ongoing communication with their marketing director. Seeing as I offered to write a preview of the title and had access to an NR reader, they sent a copy to me. I wrote and published the preview and waited for the official release, but it never came. O3 also was extremely generous and provided me a new sealed copy of the Japanese release of the game. Good folks at O3, I must say.

The only other places that published previews of the game were Nintendo Power (now under new ownership) and IGN.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure there's more copies randomly floating around, just no one "publicly" is talking about it....still nice to have. Shocked they did not release that game...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are a ton of really cool NR reader discs out there. It's just that they don't command much on the black market and most owners are sitting on them until the price goes up.

Probably the coolest one i've seen is a "final" copy of PN03 where the lead character still has guns unstead of using her hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are the NR reader Gamecube disc the equivalent to the white label disc only CD-I games?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not really, they're discs burned using a special burner using a different format then any standard reader can use. It is not possible in any manner to play an NR disc on a retail gamecube.

They're burned by the production companies and given to testers and reviewers, so i guess in that manner they're similar.

Fun fact: "someone" has made a freeloader disc from NR readers and you can use it to dump NR discs and reburn them on standard media which can be used on modded gamecubes. If you're interested in such a service, i can put you in contact, but i can't personally vouch for the person who does it. We've had our "differences" in the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Not really, they're discs burned using a special burner using a different format then any standard reader can use. It is not possible in any manner to play an NR disc on a retail gamecube.

They're burned by the production companies and given to testers and reviewers, so i guess in that manner they're similar.
    Cool. I also have PS2 demo disc(from trade shows) that won't play on retail PS2 systems so it looks like the same deal there. I was just weighing rather I wanted to start collecting the NR disc or not.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Cool. I also have PS2 demo disc(from trade shows) that won't play on retail PS2 systems so it looks like the same deal there. I was just weighing rather I wanted to start collecting the NR disc or not.
    The difference here is that a ps2 "Gold" disc (which is what you have) can play on a modded system. An NR disc cannot play on a gamecube in any way shape or form, modded or otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nintendo actually published a review of Radio Allergy, and it's in a game called Ultimate Shooting Collection. So the canceled translation will basically become the new California Raisins in like fifteen years.

That said, I heard that NCAA College Basketball 2K3 is hard to find for some reason.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 1 2 P, what ps2 demo, do you have like that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DonnyK

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Nintendo actually published a review of Radio Allergy, and it's in a game called Ultimate Shooting Collection. So the canceled translation will basically become the new California Raisins in like fifteen years.

That said, I heard that NCAA College Basketball 2K3 is hard to find for some reason.
    True, but the new compilation is for Wii, not GameCube. A minor distinction even among collectors I'm sure, but still worth noting.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

True, but the new compilation is for Wii, not GameCube. A minor distinction even among collectors I'm sure, but still worth noting.
    Sure, but my understanding is that they are just reusing the GC code and localization for the Wii version assuming it ever comes out. Of course, most SHMUP collectors probably have the Dreamcast version which is virtually identical to the arcade release.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Geist will become the Perfect Dark of this generation, with spare copies lying around long after everything else in its library has been sold. Here are the titles that i still come across while visiting local walmart, k-mart and best buys:

Teen Titans
    Dragonball z Sagas
    Naruto: Clash of Ninja
    Viewtiful Joe

None are rare but just an observation