Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: THE rarest Gamecube game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gopro
    Why are people talking about supply and demand? You say supply and demand but there will always be a cause on WHY the price went up in just a few months, just like Suikoden1/2 went up in price. Why did they go up in price? Becuz Suikoden 4 and Resident Evil 4 came out, hello dummy people that brung up supply and demand. Dont say it if you dont know what ur talking about.
    Only saing something pointless like "o its supply and demand", what about it?No one even mentioned about those games causing the Price eqilibrium going up due to supply going down and the demand going up. I hate Economics, so gay the class.
    No offense, honestly, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Your facts aren't even correct.

Supply and demand is EXTREMELY important to the relative pricing of video game (and all) collectables.

The more of something there is, the easier it is to get. The easier it is to get, the more competition there is amongst sellers. This results in price reduction - PERIOD.

The less there is of something, the harder it is to get. The harder it is to get, the less competition there is amongst sellers. This results in sellers being able to ass-rape the interested buyers - PERIOD.

This is the heart of capitalism, and has everything to do with prices getting out of hand.

Unfortunately, the only problem with this model is that there can be instances of incorrect information relating to supply. Some jackasses start the word of mouth that something is harder to find than it really is. Next thing, it's friggin' gospel. No real factual data to back that information up, mind you, but everyone believes what they hear.

Next thing, the prices go up, and up. After a while, they plateau, and will come back down after all those folks who "have to have it" spend a fortune. Assuming the supply is still there, the price will definitely decrease.

Oh, and by the way, the release of Suikoden IV and Resident Evil 4 have almost absolutely nothing to do with the prices of the previous releases going up. Suikoden II has been selling for top dollar for a while now - even before part III was released.

However, if people play the new ones and like them, but never played the older ones, they may get interested in trying part I or II - and seek them out.

That doesn't necessarily mean they will pay top dollar to get them though.

Sorry for the Econ lesson, but what you said simply isn't true.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    I reckon the rarest GameCube games will be the ones that you get with your *Stars* on the Nintendo site... Ie, Pokemon Box (Standalone version) and Zelda: Ocarina Of Time & Master Quest (Standalone version)

Although these games are available as extra discs in other games, the standalone versions are much rarer - Pokemon box only having had around 4000 copies made. (PAL version)

Of course, the disc which comes with Pokemon Colloseum is far more common, as is the Zelda disc which comes with Wind Waker...
    I agree.. the two Zelda promos for Gamecube will definitely be rare.

For Resident Evil 2 & 3, I'm betting Capcom will either re-release / issue a re-print of the games or possibly release a collector's box, like they did in Japan.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zshadow
    I agree.. the two Zelda promos for Gamecube will definitely be rare.
    I don't know about both demos, but the Master Quest/Ocarina really isn't rare. Anybody who preordered WW got a copy--and the numbers from Nintendo said that WW had 560,000+ preorders. Dunno if all of those people got a bonus disc, but I'm willing to bet a lot of them did.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoops. Double post. Server is going really slow today.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    I think that the Resident Evil Demo Disc will be one of the real rarities too. I just got the Pure Evil double pack today, and I entered my code and it took it and said the game would be on its way to me soon. It's the last day of the promotion, and according to the Pure Evil double pack, only 10,000 demos were made.

I'm pretty excited by that
    I'm pretty sure the demo was the Resident Evil 4 preview disc, which was given out like candy at EBgames and Gamestop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    I think that the Resident Evil Demo Disc will be one of the real rarities too. I just got the Pure Evil double pack today, and I entered my code and it took it and said the game would be on its way to me soon. It's the last day of the promotion, and according to the Pure Evil double pack, only 10,000 demos were made.

I'm pretty excited by that
    I'm pretty sure the demo was the Resident Evil 4 preview disc, which was given out like candy at EBgames and Gamestop.
    There are actually two versions of the RE4 demo disc. One that was sold in stores in a regular gamecube case, and other that was in a carboard mailer. I don't know the rarity of the one in the cardboard mailer, but it has a vietiful joe 2 advertisement on it that takes up half of the cover.

http://home.comcast.net/~teamjigglyp...demo-front.jpg

And while we are on the topic of demo's, I want to make sure everyone understands that the Soul Calibur II demo will probably be the most rare, especially with it's cardboard sleeve.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orrimarrko

No offense, honestly, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Your facts aren't even correct.

Supply and demand is EXTREMELY important to the relative pricing of video game (and all) collectables.

The more of something there is, the easier it is to get. The easier it is to get, the more competition there is amongst sellers. This results in price reduction - PERIOD.

The less there is of something, the harder it is to get. The harder it is to get, the less competition there is amongst sellers. This results in sellers being able to ass-rape the interested buyers - PERIOD.

This is the heart of capitalism, and has everything to do with prices getting out of hand.

Unfortunately, the only problem with this model is that there can be instances of incorrect information relating to supply. Some jackasses start the word of mouth that something is harder to find than it really is. Next thing, it's friggin' gospel. No real factual data to back that information up, mind you, but everyone believes what they hear.

Next thing, the prices go up, and up. After a while, they plateau, and will come back down after all those folks who "have to have it" spend a fortune. Assuming the supply is still there, the price will definitely decrease.

Oh, and by the way, the release of Suikoden IV and Resident Evil 4 have almost absolutely nothing to do with the prices of the previous releases going up. Suikoden II has been selling for top dollar for a while now - even before part III was released.

However, if people play the new ones and like them, but never played the older ones, they may get interested in trying part I or II - and seek them out.

That doesn't necessarily mean they will pay top dollar to get them though.

Sorry for the Econ lesson, but what you said simply isn't true.
    I dont think I said Supply and Demand wasnt important, people are only saying its becuz of Supply and Demand. They have no idea what theyre talking about.Lemme say it again, I said that the price of RE2/3 went up due to the release of RE4, if RE4 did not come out the price wouldnt even have changed. The price be4 RE2 on ebay was MAYBE $70, and RE3 was selling for barely nething. As for Suikoden1/2 went up in price due to Suikoden4 coming out, if it wasnt for SK4 to come out those games wouldnt have risen. SK1 was barely selling for $30, and SK2 was selling for MAYBE $120, now SK1 goes for $50+ and SK2 goes for $150. Thats what I was saying. Since ur telling me that it wasnt due to RE4/SK4 releases, why did it go up? It couldnt have been for nothing. Yes SK2 was selling for Top$ but now you need to give up gold for that game since SK4 came out, but still those other games went up in price, I wonder why then.
    People want to collect the 4 games, and waste $300 on both series. O well the prices should calm down soon.
    Thx for econ lessons but maybe you shuould go back, becuz prices are not gonna soar up just when both games about to get released. Its not coincidental. Please explain to me why the prices went up, just when RE4 and SK4 came out. Dont say becuz people played the recent ones so they decide to buy the old ones, dont say becuz it was coincidental or dont tell me it was becuz of supply, the supply did not even change. My way is the only possible way the prices couldve risen.

See what u made me do, had to write down all this and waste my time with you when Iknow im correct, damn it.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I said that the price of RE2/3 went up due to the release of RE4, if RE4 did not come out the price wouldnt even have changed.
    Actually the price of both RE2 and RE3 on the Cube went up long before RE4 came out. In fact it seems to have spiked directly after the release of the second RE film at the cinema...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JB Lars
    PSN
    JBLars

sum poorle speld inglish
    Tell you what, sparky. Your economic debate might be better received if you'd:

a) provide facts and figures
    b) use real words and sentences

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could someone tell me the story behind NCAA Basketball?
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Not much OF a story. Originaly Sega supported the GameCube with their Sports line but decided to pull their support for several reasons such as low sales, etc. NCAA Bastkeball just happened to be in production when the decision was made.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Some units were on shelf, got sold and the rest were pulled. Official figures put the actual number of sales at around 6,000 which by far and away makes it the rarest Cube game (as its sales were limited by Sega themselves here).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Some units were on shelf, got sold and the rest were pulled. Official figures put the actual number of sales at around 6,000 which by far and away makes it the rarest Cube game (as its sales were limited by Sega themselves here).
    I just picked one up for $16.99 at Gamerush. Should I hold onto it or sell it on ebay?

Also, does anyone know the rarity/production run of the Freestyle Street Soccer releases for Blockbuster? One of the Gamerush's near my house had like 20 of them for $4.99 a piece. With the buy one get one 1/2 off that would be only $3.75 a piece. The other thing is that I've only seen them at this Gamerush, and not at any of the other ones near me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by importaku
    You can add the japanese versions of pacman vs & the zelda collection to the list too.

The zelda collection was only available through club nintendo in japan. A few months back you could still get it but now its no longer on there so if you didn't get a copy thats it, your out of luck.

As for pacman vs, there was a version released normally packaged inside copies of R racing evolution but the club nintendo version of pacman vs is different in content, it has the same game but theres a club nintendo screen when it boots up & there are some extra demo stuff on the disk too.
    I own the Zelsa collection but i didnt get it through club Nitnendo. Target was giving them away with the purchase of a gamecube 2 years ago.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

He's talking about the Japanese version of it. Very hard to acquire

Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

Please explain to me why the prices went up, just when RE4 and SK4 came out. Dont say becuz people played the recent ones so they decide to buy the old ones, dont say becuz it was coincidental or dont tell me it was becuz of supply, the supply did not even change. My way is the only possible way the prices couldve risen.

See what u made me do, had to write down all this and waste my time with you when Iknow im correct, damn it.
    I'll explain. Supply did not change, as you stated, but the DEMAND changed. I don't know if it was because the new games came out or because the onion crop was bountiful, but for whatever reason, the DEMAND went up. This is the second and equally important half of the "supply and demand" rule you apparently despise.
    The-Bavis

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The most rare US gamecube release is NCAA Basketball 2K3. The most rare US bonus/demo disc would be the Soul Calibur II demo. Also the earlier kiosk demos are very hard to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ongakuhenjin
    PSN
    ongakuhito

Exactly how "rare" is the Soul Calibur II Cube demo? I remember right before it came out, I received a mailer at my store which contained 3 Soul Calibur II demos, one for Cube, PS2 & Xbox. I put them in a box with the rest of my demos and never really gave it much thought after that. I believe they are even still sealed. Hmmm...who knew?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Well if you want to let the Cube SC2 demo go, let me know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts