Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Zero was... bad. (Spoilers)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Resident Evil Zero was... bad. (Spoilers)

Well after beating Resident Evil 4 I felt I owed it to myself to beat the ones that came before it. I've played my fair share of each, just never really beat them. So I decided I go back to the roots of series (well I realize RE was, but I figured I'd start at Zero). A big problem was I had beat around 50% of the game about a year or so ago, and never came back to it. So after beating RE4 I just started up my old save file again, with no recollection of the background of the game, because my memory is shot. Yet after searching the internet (GameFaqs to be precise) there was some info on the game to fill me in on what had happened.

Either way I finally beat the game and I must say, it sucked. I'm not really basing it or even comparing it to RE4, because god knows that game is beyond amazing and blows away anything any other RE game, or any survival horror game for that matter, could provide. But seriously though, this game is a jumbled mess, does the story even really work? The final boss was a joke, and the whole 2 person dealy wasn't that great of an idea to begin with. To me this seems like the bastard child of the series, and more like a side project to hold of the anticipation for Resident Evil 4.

So, yeah.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

I think that as hard as you might try to not compare it to RE4, it's tough to go back and finish it afterwards. As a RE fan, and having played through 0 at its release, I thought it was damn fine addition to the series. My two cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well would you mind explaing what the hell the whole story was about? I know it was stupid of me to sort jump in at the middle, but it really seemed forced, and didn't piece together well.

And am not comparing it to RE4, because they are completely different kinds of games, I really enjoyed RE2 (almost beat it) and have played quite a bit of REmake. It's not so much the way the game plays, but more so the mechanics and the overall story.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by petewhitley
    I think that as hard as you might try to not compare it to RE4, it's tough to go back and finish it afterwards. As a RE fan, and having played through 0 at its release, I thought it was damn fine addition to the series. My two cents.
    Your two cents sir, are valid, and I agree with them completely.

When it came out, I thought it was damned fine addition to the RE series. Some people think not, but, I say it was good times.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by dbiersdorf
    Well would you mind explaing what the hell the whole story was about?
    How 'bout I direct you to a pretty good RE plotline resource? HERE. Especially section 7iii. Pretty good summarization of what was learned in 0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, ZERO is considered to probably to be the worst game in the series. (NOt my opinion, but most game mags and game sites)

This is what I am getting ready to do as well. After I beat RE4, I will be playing the other games. I have ALL but RE2 for the GC. I am scared I won't be able to play the other ones because I am going to think they suck, due to the fact I just played RE4. I never really have played that many RE's, except for RE2. I have never even played RE3, Code Veronica, and Zero. But we'll see.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RE Zero had some of the best detail in an RE game (Before RE4 showed up), but sadly I felt the game's ending was kind of rushed.

Is it me, or was this one of the hardest RE games? (I have yet to play 4)

Final boss reminded me of something out of Dino Crisis 2....one person does this, while you do that...

I still get a kick out of Rebecca....after all that hell...she shows up in RE1 completely unaware of "Monsters"
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoMan
    Well, ZERO is considered to probably to be the worst game in the series. (NOt my opinion, but most game mags and game sites
    Technically it's not, as it's near universally ranked higher than Outbreak 1 & 2, Survivor 1 & 2, Dead Aim, and Gaiden. Oh, and the Game.com version as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If i'm not mistaken, the game was developed by a different team than the one that usually makes the RE's. I'd agree that the game was subpar, too. It was a completely by-the-book approach to th RE formula: same level types, same enemies. It also didn't help that the story was boring and ridiculous.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, ZERO is considered to probably to be the worst game in the series. (NOt my opinion, but most game mags and game sites)

This is what I am getting ready to do as well. After I beat RE4, I will be playing the other games. I have ALL but RE2 for the GC. I am scared I won't be able to play the other ones because I am going to think they suck, due to the fact I just played RE4. I never really have played that many RE's, except for RE2. I have never even played RE3, Code Veronica, and Zero. But we'll see.
    Be careful when you go back and re-play the older RE games. Code Veronica is a good game, but it's VERY long and most of it is running around finding Keys, Emblems and even doorknobs to open up new paths. I love it, but some people quit and I wanted to warn ya.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by petewhitley
    Well, ZERO is considered to probably to be the worst game in the series. (NOt my opinion, but most game mags and game sites
    Technically it's not, as it's near universally ranked higher than Outbreak 1 & 2, Survivor 1 & 2, Dead Aim, and Gaiden. Oh, and the Game.com version as well.
    Ok ok, your right there!! (I wasn't counting those games though, just the ones that I have for the GC)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D

Be careful when you go back and re-play the older RE games. Code Veronica is a good game, but it's VERY long and most of it is running around finding Keys, Emblems and even doorknobs to open up new paths. I love it, but some people quit and I wanted to warn ya.
    Yeah I know that alot of the other games are more into "searcing" and "finding things" than RE4 is. That is one reason that I like RE4 so much. I mean it's so much action/adventure!! It's like a Bond game with Zombies!! Truely AWESOME game RE4 is!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still have yet to play RE 4.

But I found Zero to be great.

2 character control, improved maps, being able to drop items rather than using the "magic" box. All things you learn to appreciate after playing through all the other games.

Story is a little confusing. Expects you to remember ALL the events of the other games. Difficulty level was fine - not too hard.

Resident Evil Remake on the cube... Now that was difficult. I played it through on easy and had a bit of a struggle. All the other games, normal difficulty is just fine.

Zero is my favourite RE so far (besides Nemesis - the first one I ever played). It sounds like RE 4 will change all that.
    Always looking for more SMS. And Resident Evil too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Having played every Resident Evil released" cept game boy version and re4" and beaten them "most several times" I agree Zero wasnt the greatest in the series. I liked it better than Veronica though.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    I agree Zero wasnt the greatest in the series. I liked it better than Veronica though.
    Same here Sothy. I didn't like Veronica very much, and I can't really say why. Then again I don't agree with the majority on alot of the RE games, such as the fact that I think RE3 blows RE2 out of the water .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    I agree Zero wasnt the greatest in the series. I liked it better than Veronica though.
    Same here Sothy. I didn't like Veronica very much, and I can't really say why. Then again I don't agree with the majority on alot of the RE games, such as the fact that I think RE3 blows RE2 out of the water .
    RE3 was damn good, it sucks that the public didn't really accept it for what it was worth. I remember EGM quoted "Haven't we played this game before?" and I thought that was a load of crap. RE3 gave the series so many unique things to do and so many kickass weapons compared to any of the RE games! The pump action shotgun was my fav (Had to play it a number of times in order to get Part A and B of the shotgun)...that thing could take a tank down almost!

The biggest issue I had with Code Veronica...too many things that causes you to get poisoned...Poisonous hunters...that worm boss....and not enough blue herbs to be found in the game...yet overall, I really enjoyed RE Code Veronica's story line and how it finally pieced together RE1's Mansion design and the real story behind Wesker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My favorite thing about RE3 was the HUGE amount of unlockables, including costumes and all the epilouges and the really awesome mecenary mode, which was also in RE4, just with the elimination of the money. Hell, you had to go through the game like 10 times to unlock everything. I also liked how short it was. I eventually got so good at the game that I could beat it in a little under 2 hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, the Merc mode was badass....Dreamcast got two more extra costumes...the Regina outfit was killer...I liked how Capcom squeezed that one in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

I loved RE Zero, great game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just beat RE 0 yeasterday . I will admit its not the best but, its still a solid RE game. The only problem I had were the enemies were to ho hum. Mutated frogs, rombie monkeys, they could have come up with more original monsters.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o