Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: EDIT: best action and strategy-games for genesis?

  1. #1
    Peach (Level 3)
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Styria's fields of war
    Posts
    651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default EDIT: best action and strategy-games for genesis?

    Hey since I'm able to play genesis without genesis or PC i wanted to ask what are the best action(like gunstar heroes) and beat'em up games(like Streets of rage)?
    Please leave out:
    Gunstar Heroes
    Alien Soldier
    STreets of Rage 1-3
    Atomic Runner

    cause I already have those.
    oh and please I don't want games which got a superior SNES-port either.

    thanx for input

  2. #2
    ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Graham Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,623
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

    Default

    Alien Storm, Golden Axe 1&2, Strider (you MUST play the Genny version of Strider if you haven't already), Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi 3, Shadow Dancer (essential), Contra: Hard Corps, Battletoads, ESWAT, Rolling Thunder 2 or 3. There are many more, but these are some that I think of immediately.

  3. #3
    ServBot (Level 11) davidbrit2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Cyborg Justice - rip off your opponents' "body parts" and use them against them. What's not to love?

    Punisher - heinous violence with 2-player support. The arcade version is even better.

    Sunset Riders - excellent, though quite different from the SNES version. Which one is "better" might be debatable.

  4. #4
    Peach (Level 3)
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Styria's fields of war
    Posts
    651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2
    Cyborg Justice - rip off your opponents' "body parts" and use them against them. What's not to love?

    Punisher - heinous violence with 2-player support. The arcade version is even better.

    Sunset Riders - excellent, though quite different from the SNES version. Which one is "better" might be debatable.
    sorry but I can't agree with you here

    Cyborg Justice looks horrible,sounds horrible and the worst:It plays horrible

    Punisher is only enjoyable when you haven't played the arcade version(which I played).The genesis port not only has bad graphics(hell,capcom could have done better) it also lacks all the violence(blood etc) of the original.
    Ok,at least I'm getting a bit of fun out of the 2-player mode.

    Sunset Riders:
    the SNES(=arcade perfect) kills the genesis version in every category.
    but it's still fun.

    thanx anyway

    btw:I'm just playing "Trouble Maker" which feat pretty unique gameplay(controll 2 characters at the same time)
    great action title.Everyone should give it a try.

  5. #5
    Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Around Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    1,073
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Hyperstone Heist
    Contra Hardcorps
    Gunstar Heros

    Those are some of my favorites right off the top of my head.

  6. #6
    Pac-Man (Level 10) PDorr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I love golden axe2 and TMNT hyperstone hiest. Battle taods double dragon is also a worthy mention

    Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

  7. #7
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Spfld, Mass
    Posts
    975
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Get Spiderman Venom: Maximum Carnage and Spiderman Venom: Seperation Anxiety were bvoth fantastic games IMO

    I also reccomend the Golden Axe games.

    You might want to seek out the Sega 6-Pak
    It had Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Super Hang-on, Columns and 1 other great game i cannot remember now.
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

    http://www.rfgeneration.com

  8. #8
    ServBot (Level 11) Cauterize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    3,877
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    "King Of The Monsters" Is one of my Favourites!

    RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

  9. #9
    Link (Level 18) Sothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    IM IN UR BASE, KILLIN UR D00DZ!!@
    Posts
    10,100
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

    Default

    The Haunting starring Polterguy



    <@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

  10. #10
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Telezonia
    Posts
    1,290
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Shove It!

  11. #11
    Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by izret101
    Get Spiderman Venom: Maximum Carnage and Spiderman Venom: Seperation Anxiety were bvoth fantastic games IMO
    stole the keystrokes from my fingers
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype


  12. #12
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Kitchener,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    824
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Crackdown
    Alisia Dragoon
    Arcus Odyssey

  13. #13
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Spfld, Mass
    Posts
    975
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djbeatmongrel
    Quote Originally Posted by izret101
    Get Spiderman Venom: Maximum Carnage and Spiderman Venom: Seperation Anxiety were bvoth fantastic games IMO
    stole the keystrokes from my fingers
    I don't know many other people who would have even thought of those games.
    They are the first thoughts into my head.
    I played Seperation Anxiety almost as much as Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.(Which was ALOT let me tell you)

    Which is another game definately worth picking up.
    As well as all the other MK games on Genesis
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

    http://www.rfgeneration.com

  14. #14
    Pear (Level 6) Melf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cabo Rojo, PR
    Posts
    1,227
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zubiac666

    Punisher is only enjoyable when you haven't played the arcade version(which I played).The genesis port not only has bad graphics(hell,capcom could have done better) it also lacks all the violence(blood etc) of the original.
    Ok,at least I'm getting a bit of fun out of the 2-player mode.
    Yeah, Capcom really screwed up by not developing it in-house.

    btw:I'm just playing "Trouble Maker" which feat pretty unique gameplay(controll 2 characters at the same time)
    great action title.Everyone should give it a try.
    Do you mean Trouble Shooters? It's an aweome game, and the sequel Battle Mania 2 is even better. Too bad it'll cost you upwards of about $80.

    I'd also recommend:

    - Midnight Resistance
    - MERCS (great original mode)
    - Pulseman
    - Alisia Dragoon (great game)

  15. #15
    Peach (Level 3)
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Styria's fields of war
    Posts
    651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubiac666

    Punisher is only enjoyable when you haven't played the arcade version(which I played).The genesis port not only has bad graphics(hell,capcom could have done better) it also lacks all the violence(blood etc) of the original.
    Ok,at least I'm getting a bit of fun out of the 2-player mode.
    Yeah, Capcom really screwed up by not developing it in-house.

    btw:I'm just playing "Trouble Maker" which feat pretty unique gameplay(controll 2 characters at the same time)
    great action title.Everyone should give it a try.
    Do you mean Trouble Shooters? It's an aweome game, and the sequel Battle Mania 2 is even better. Too bad it'll cost you upwards of about $80.

    I'd also recommend:

    - Midnight Resistance
    - MERCS (great original mode)
    - Pulseman
    - Alisia Dragoon (great game)
    urgh!
    I meant "Trouble Shooters".thanx for correction
    I guess I was thinking of "go!Go!Trouble Maker"....the 2D monster-title for N64.
    I'll give "Battle Mania 2" a try,it looks good.

    mercs rules.
    Never heard of "Pulseman" but it seems to be very colorful.

    My new fav is "Ranger-X"....wow just wow.

  16. #16
    ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Graham Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,623
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

    Default

    Yeah, Ranger X has a special chip in it or something that allows it to display more colors at once than other Genesis cartridges. It's a really special game. Wait 'till you get to the level where you fly up the side of the huge building and you can see reflections in the windows. Wow.

  17. #17
    Peach (Level 3)
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Styria's fields of war
    Posts
    651
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell
    Yeah, Ranger X has a special chip in it or something that allows it to display more colors at once than other Genesis cartridges. .
    really?
    I thought it's a simple programming trick.They did similar color-trick in "Mega Turrican" and "Sonic 3"(if I remember right).

    With this programming-trick developers were able to put out 128 colors at once instead of 64(same was done with SNES:512 colors instead of 256 at once.see it in Super Turrican 2).

    so ,are u sure it is chipped?

  18. #18
    Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    4,739
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    MUSHA
    Shinobi III
    Double Dragon

    I really like the double dragon port on genesis...I think it's one the best and quite overlooked.

  19. #19
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I was playing comix zone for a little while yesterday. Thats pretty good.
    Click on the link and try something. Help a poor guy build his game collection.

    http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=15873638

  20. #20
    ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Holliston, MA
    Posts
    3,405
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    What, no replies for "Turrican 3" or any of the "Valis" games yet?
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Similar Threads

  1. EDIT: Looking for the following genesis games
    By calgon in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2015, 01:07 PM
  2. FS/FT: GB/Genesis/SMS/DC/PS1 games & systems (9/17 edit)
    By bangtango in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2006, 05:46 PM
  3. WTB SNES and Genesis-RPG's or Strategy-Games with LIST!!!
    By Sammelhammel in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 04:36 PM
  4. Best online mix of strategy and action
    By bargora in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 04:47 PM
  5. Final Fantasy w/NP Strategy guide for sale! Edit: Price Drop
    By NESCollector75 in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 05:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •