Thread: I canīt believe I like this game so much!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I canīt believe I like this game so much!

Iīm not talking about any concrete game. Iīm talking about not liking a game when you try it for the first time, but when you return to it a bit after, loving it. Or not trying it because you think you wonīt like it, but then you do and it becomes one of your favourite games.

This happened to me with Ninja Gaiden 2 (I liked 1 a lot more) and TNMT2: The Arcade Game (I liked 3 more), but the game I never tought Iīd like so much is Tecmo Super Bowl.

I live on Europe, and Iīve never seen an american football match on my life, and I donīt even know the rules. I knew that TSB was considered one of the best Nes games, but I didnīt want to play it, knowing it was a football game. I bought some games on American Ebay, and TBS was there, waiting for my bid. I read some reviews (mainly at Gamefaqs), and saw the scores were all amost 9īs and 10īs. It seems to be good, so why not? I bought it, and after receiving the games, what I found was one of the most enjoyable Nes games. Easy to play, but with lots of options and an infinite replay value, I donīt need to clarify that is now one of my favourite games for the system.

Iīm pretty sure something like that has happened to you, right?

EDIT: If any of the mods sees this, this topic was intended to be on the video gaming forum. Sorry
    Step Back! This is my blast shot!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I bought this game recently on Dutch eBay (game is cheaper there than on eBay.com, most times it's the other way around, but probably because it's an American football game). I havce to try it out yet though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Startropics. The game had horrid controls, yet I play it every time I go home.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruudos
    I bought this game recently on Dutch eBay (game is cheaper there than on eBay.com, most times it's the other way around, but probably because it's an American football game). I havce to try it out yet though
    At first is a bit akward to play if you donīt know the rules, but youīll get used to it in no time (except a few things you may not know even after some time playing it ). Iīve had the game six months, and Iīve played countless singles matches and 6 entire seasons.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd go with the original TMNT game. I own it since 2000, but for some reason had only played it once or twice in 2000-2004 and did not like it much; I "discovered" it this year and am having a lot of fun with it.

[Incidentally, TSB is my most played game of all-time.]

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW... I honestly can't believe you've never watched a Football game before!!!

Back on topic... I'm glad you like TSB, but I'm not suprised that you do. It really is one of the gems for the NES.
    I always really loved SMB and SMB 3, but didn't like SMB 2 at all when I was little. This last year however I started playing SMB 2 quite a bit, since it was the only Mario game I hadn't beat before. After finally beating it, I have to admit that it is now one of my favorite games!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why itīs so hard to believe? Iīve never seen a baseball or football match on my life. Here, the king is football (sorry, soccer :P )

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They hardly broadcast it here. While the super bowl was on tv here on a commercial tv station, only the freaks here are gonna watch that in the middle of the night.