Thread: Question for Halo 2 players on Live...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question for Halo 2 players on Live...

How do you set up a custom game that is open to people BESIDES friends and clan members? I just tried for a half hour to set up a game of Rumble Rockets but only people from my friends list could join. I just want to set up a match so that people using Quickmatch or Optimatch can join my game. Can this be done? I know this sounds like a stupid question but it seems like I tried everything possible and still no luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

It's not possible...

It's really a shame that they would overlook such a feature. I know that tens of thousands of people would make good use for it. Hopefully eventually it will be made possible through an update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait, so what happens if you're not a member of a clan and/or you have no friends online at the time? You can't join a game then? I'm confused. x_x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

Not a custom made game I take it.
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0
    It's not possible...
    That's ridiculous. So if you want to play a quick game of Rumble Shotguns or King Of The Hill, you have to luck-out and just hope you get matched with a game???

I can't believe Bungie would spend several years creating Halo 2 but neglect to put in this basic feature. It blows my mind. There has got to be a reason for this.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0
    It's not possible...
    That's ridiculous. So if you want to play a quick game of Rumble Shotguns or King Of The Hill, you have to luck-out and just hope you get matched with a game???

I can't believe Bungie would spend several years creating Halo 2 but neglect to put in this basic feature. It blows my mind. There has got to be a reason for this.
    Yeup. That's the way it is. They've explained it a few times and it basically boils down to for it is that they want people to use the Matchmaking. The more people in custom games the less people there are available for Matchmaking and the longer it takes to get a game going in there. Either way they've flat out said that you'll never see a custom game browser in Halo2.

I'm starting to see another reason for it as well. It's also keeping people in Matchmaking even when people are bored with the current playlists as it's the only repliable way of getting a game in. Bungie are not updating them as often as people had expected and are starting to get annoyed about it and waiting for the new Maps.

In all honesty, I do like the matchmaking system but without the public custom games you just get a bunch of bored jackasses fouling up matchmaking because they really wanted to play a custom game and they don't have any friends around. I don't know wither Bungie thought people would put up with it or just didn't care either way. One things for sure, I certainly hope others don't follow Bungies lead at least without adding the custom listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    Wait, so what happens if you're not a member of a clan and/or you have no friends online at the time? You can't join a game then? I'm confused. x_x
    Straight from the FAQ:
    http://bungie.net/Stats/page.aspx?se...on=FAQs&page=1
    Q What if I don't have any friends?
    A Well, sorry, we can't help you there... Seriously though, if you're looking for people to play with, you should visit the Bungie.net forums where plenty of people will be looking for good games. Also, if you come across a good teammate or another cool player through the course of playing the game, be sure to send them a friend request (and you can include a voice message so they know who you are)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did not like the way they handled the game lobby at all, its waaay too hard to play what you WANT to play.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    damionitc

I was soo going to say "Dude they forgot the ending so why would you expect to remeber someting like that!" but Spottedkitty explained it rather well..

I love Halo 2 multi I'm just a little peeved by the ending (as I'm sure most people are)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

The ending would've been fine if they hadn't brought in that last scene. All that did was imply there was another level, and then piss off everyone playing.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives