Thread: Video Game Apparel Question

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Video Game Apparel Question

Do any of you have the same problem? I always want video gaming shirts/other apparal to find out that what I want was never made or if it was it is too rare to wear. So I had this weird idea, I was thinking about buying an embrodiery machine. There is one that can do multiple colors, up to 4x7 in size, and can embrodier almost any picture file. I was think about doing shirts, wallets, and anything else you can think of that can be embrodiered. The catch is that the machine is kind of spendy so I wanted to see if anyone would buy some of this stuff if I made it. The more people who bought the cheaper the stuff could be because I could buy shirts, wallets, etc in bulk. I have always wanted a sega saturn logo wallet, hehe. So please tell me I am crazy or that you are on board.

Nick
    DS RULES

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i had the same idea, except making posters but if someone came on here from say ::sega:: and seen you were making wallets with the saturn logo and you were selling them...they may say something since you wouldnt be lisenced to sell sega producs...if you catch my drift
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not sure if this matters but according to the U.S. trademark search engine Sega let their trademarks for everything dreamcast and back die. But I don't know if that matters.
    DS RULES

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so i could trademark the saturn logo and sue you? hmmm...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i might buy like a genesis bucket hat or something. i love bucket hats.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like a Sachen beanie! Ultimate in lame-awesome-pseudocool, oh yeah!

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nhamze
    I am not sure if this matters but according to the U.S. trademark search engine Sega let their trademarks for everything dreamcast and back die. But I don't know if that matters.
    It doesn't matter. They're not your trademarks, logos, art, etc. to use, they belong to Sega. In addition, Sega licenses their stuff to other companies for production of the same types of things you've listed. So you'd get cease and desist letters from Sega and ABC Company (Official Licensee of Sega) lickity split if you tried sell their logos on shirts, wallets, etc.

In short, it's not worth the headache or your time.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You probably have a store somewhat close to your house that makes them. I have one real close, and I always get shirts made that I thinka re funny. I am getting a shirt made right now (placed the order) that's green and in black says "Grove Street 4 Life" on the front, and the back says " Rep Yo Hood!". I thought it was clever. The guy near me is a little expensive though, $20 a shirt for just text.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im sure you could make a good amount of money(maybe enough to pay for the machine) before anyone at sega knew what you were doing. then you could switch to TG or NES for a while until they found out...and probably have a good supplement to your income.

just dont keep track or you might have to pay royalties.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You'd probably have to sell whatever item the logo would have to be on but place the logo on the item for free.

But that really defeats the purpose of getting the machine.

On a related note, i remember i wanted to get an album cover embroidered on the back of a jacket (at least 12x12in) i didnt get anywhere with it because i figured that would be mighty costly.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You probably have a store somewhat close to your house that makes them. I have one real close, and I always get shirts made that I thinka re funny. I am getting a shirt made right now (placed the order) that's green and in black says "Grove Street 4 Life" on the front, and the back says " Rep Yo Hood!". I thought it was clever. The guy near me is a little expensive though, $20 a shirt for just text.
    Nice.

I think the mistake a lot of clothing companies make when it comes to videogames is they use fucking cliched shit (Like Mario, Sonic, and Zelda) instead taking actual ideas from the game and using them. I'd kill for a polo shirt with a tri-force logo on the side of my arm, or at my heart, or like a blue streak across the shirt, or something like that. But the clothing companies seem to think all videogamers want to rock is t-shirts with ugly cartoons on the front. I'd much prefer something more downbeat, that doesn't scream "LAWLS! I'M AN UBAR VIDEOGAMAR!!!" but that a person who had actually played some games could identify with.
    I am the reinforcements.