Thread: Interest in printing your own Atari 2600 Cart Labels?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Interest in printing your own Atari 2600 Cart Labels?

I am looking at ordering a quantity of custom labels that people would be able to use in their inkjet or laser printer? Before I order these, I wanted to see what people thought about this? Here is the current design:

4 labels per sheet of both the top and side label, they would be for the standard Atari branded cartridges, and they would include a bleed area so no white space on the labels.

Now I am looking at immediately ordering a plain matte label (good for both inkjet and laser printers) and gloss (laser printers). They also offer gloss for inkjet along with some other types that might look into in the future.

What I am looking for is what people here think, I know it is mostly for developers and homebrew. But I need opinions on what people prefer:

Label Stock type (matte, gloss laser, gloss iinkjet):

Quantity/Price (Currently looking at $1.25 for individual sheets, and discounts for quantities of 10 ($10) or more):

What would you want included (printed template, disk with word/avery template?, anything else)?

What other label types would you like (if any)(Atari 5200, Colecovision, Intellivision, NES, or ?)?

Thanks,

Corey

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting. Not only for homebrewers but for putting replacement labels on carts whose labels are totally FUBARed.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This guy on Atari Age was doing that a few months back, with pretty good results:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57271

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57226

A sticker and template might make things easier for the layman. Anyone who even casually collects Atari 2600 games knows the pain of finding a good game with a bad sticker!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the links. Checked them out, couldn't determine though if they were making and selling them or not? I saw a bunch of posts and that is probably something people would use them for. Here is a sample I was working on, I know it has copyrights currently on, but it is for fun

I should be ordering the labels this week and hopefully finding out here (and maybe at AtariAge) if there is some general interest in them. I will probably create some Photoshop sample files for people to recreate some older styles labels.

Anyway, looking for more information from everybody.

Thanks, Corey

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ordered the laser gloss labels (I think I mentioned semi-gloss before, but they are regular gloss). Once I get something ready, I will put them on my website available for pre-order (about 2 weeks for these). Also will also make the matte labels ready for preorder and these will be usable on both inkjet and laser printers. The inkjet gloss labels are more expensive, so will wait last on those. I believe for the most part, the gloss will be more accurate to recreating an actual label. But anyway, will get items posted at http://www.8bitclassics.com by the weekends with pricing. Will order pre-order pricing for the laser labels until the come in (again two weeks) and offer pre-order pricing until I get an order and then it will take around two weeks or more.

Thanks,

Corey
    8-Bit Classics
    http://www.8bitclassics.com