Thread: Next Zelda: Post-Wind Waker

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I was hoping it would be released sooner. It's hard to get excited about games when they're announced years before they're released.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by squidblatt
    Yeah, I was hoping it would be released sooner. It's hard to get excited about games when they're announced years before they're released.
    Years???? When did the end of this year become years??? And no ive never seen people waiting years for games before. Nope didnt wait 3 years for Halo 2, or a long time for ANY other game.... Heck they never announce a game with any lead time, they like to spend millions of dollars in making these things, and announce them a week before launch.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    Years???? When did the end of this year become years??? And no ive never seen people waiting years for games before. Nope didnt wait 3 years for Halo 2, or a long time for ANY other game.... Heck they never announce a game with any lead time, they like to spend millions of dollars in making these things, and announce them a week before launch.
    Hell look how many years we waited for Halo 2, Half-Life 2 and how long we wish we didn't wait for daikatana.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm hoping that zelda on DS will stick to its more traditional roots and none of that controlling 4 links crap. I want a port of OoT, I dont want to have to gather up 4 friendsw just to play the game to its full potential.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    I'm hoping that zelda on DS will stick to its more traditional roots and none of that controlling 4 links crap. I want a port of OoT, I dont want to have to gather up 4 friendsw just to play the game to its full potential.

I totally agree. I think the whole 4 player adventure GBA idea is a HORRIBLE one! How many people have 3 other friends who all have a GBA, link cable, and all have the same game? I think have 4 player games like this do nothing be decrease sales.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow... great new info. It'll be out at the end of 2005, and it will be beautiful. </sarcasm>
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    Years???? When did the end of this year become years??? And no ive never seen people waiting years for games before.
    Ever Heard of Fable?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by imanerd0011

I totally agree. I think the whole 4 player adventure GBA idea is a HORRIBLE one! How many people have 3 other friends who all have a GBA, link cable, and all have the same game? I think have 4 player games like this do nothing be decrease sales.
    So, you'd rather see more lame ports of N64 games than new games? I for one would rather get a new Zelda adventure than replay the game I played over and over again on the N64 (and on the Cube).
    And I think you're forgetting about the DS's ability to download games into the system. More than likely, as long as each player has a DS system, one copy of the FS game will do.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

w00 flame WaR!!11!one!!!!

look, 4 swords kicks ass, just cause you may not have any friends(who own the game), doesn't mean it was a bad idea or it's a bad game. It kicks ass (and yes, i have 6 friends who have a gba, a link, and a game, someone is always lef out).

Also, why want an ocarina of time portable? have you seen how much bashing the DS has gotten cuz of 'n64 ports'? Get a life, i'd prefer a new game rather than an old game rehashed.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The DS needs new Games! NOT PORTS!!

That's what burdoned the GBA Library, Ports and remakes (though some were great - metroid zm -, others were a great waste - mario world).

This new GCN zelda looks awesome. but the DS needs one too. When they have the whole online DS network announced, you wont need to know 3 other people or have a link cable to play whatever multiplayer they have in mind...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    The DS needs new Games! NOT PORTS!!

That's what burdoned the GBA Library, Ports and remakes (though some were great - metroid zm -, others were a great waste - mario world).

This new GCN zelda looks awesome. but the DS needs one too. When they have the whole online DS network announced, you wont need to know 3 other people or have a link cable to play whatever multiplayer they have in mind...
    That new DS Zelda game could be sweet. I don't think they were referring to another multiplayer endeavor for it, though-I think what he meant was more along the lines that the Four Swords series gave him some good ideas on how they could use the DS's unorthodox strengths to make a more interesting zelda.

I know 4+ people with Cube link cables and gba link cables. If we really wanted to, we could all go out and buy the GBA game. We already want to try out the GCN one as soon as one of us gets off our ass and buys it.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Quote Originally Posted by imanerd0011
    The DS purportedly has the ability to "send" games to other people, making it possible for four people to play through a multiplayer game even if only one person has the cartridge. If they make a four-swords that works that way, it could work.

If all four people have to buy the game, then you're right - that would suck and do nothing for it.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why does one part of the page say June 1st 2005 and another says end of 2005? Regardless I'll buy it whenever it decides to come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yeah! A port of the best game ever made would be fuckin sweet!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soniko_karuto
    w00 flame WaR!!11!one!!!!

look, 4 swords kicks ass, just cause you may not have any friends(who own the game), doesn't mean it was a bad idea or it's a bad game. It kicks ass (and yes, i have 6 friends who have a gba, a link, and a game, someone is always lef out).

Also, why want an ocarina of time portable? have you seen how much bashing the DS has gotten cuz of 'n64 ports'? Get a life, i'd prefer a new game rather than an old game rehashed.
    i hope your not telling ME to get a life because of my views on a game. Why want an OoT port? because its a good game thats why. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a good port.

I just want them to go back to the original gameplay along the lines of L2TP and OoT thats all. I was not a fan of the four swords gameplay.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, not only you, but all the people who say that the 4 swords is not good. All the games need to make some kind of jump, evolution might we call it, may it be good or bad, thats what gives us good games, new games, and bad games.

Don't be afraid of a change, it wont hurt unless it actually goes into you in a phisical way. (this last thing was a joke)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soniko_karuto
    yeah, not only you, but all the people who say that the 4 swords is not good. All the games need to make some kind of jump, evolution might we call it, may it be good or bad, thats what gives us good games, new games, and bad games.

Don't be afraid of a change, it wont hurt unless it actually goes into you in a phisical way. (this last thing was a joke)
    So just because you might not like a game, that person needs to get a life?

That's pretty stupid, unless you mean that, said person doesn't like a game just because it didn't do anything revolutionary. Now that I get mad at as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok so I guess I need to get a life then :/
    I'm more along the lines of if it is not broken dont break it. Every game does not HAVE TO have a drastic change in gameplay to make it good, theres nothing wrong with a port. I shouldnt have to gather up 3 friends to play a game anyway.
    And remember everyone, according to soniko, if you dont like four swords you need to get yourself a life right away