Thread: the ninja warriors again

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default the ninja warriors again

anyone ever come across this title for the super famicom?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, very good 2D sidescrolling game. Lots of moves: backflips, blocks, etc... which make it more fun to play than your average 2D beat'em up. Also the graphics are quite good and detailed. Excellent sfc game.
    __________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you have any copies for sale in the future?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's extremely "meh" compared to the first one. Stick w/ the ROM of the arcade and the MegaCD version for the MCD. This one's pretty lame in comparison. You can try it out in emulation to see if you like before you buy.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

either way, tell me when you come across one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch
    It's extremely "meh" compared to the first one. Stick w/ the ROM of the arcade and the MegaCD version for the MCD. This one's pretty lame in comparison. You can try it out in emulation to see if you like before you buy.
    Meh compared to the first one? OK.... Not that I don't like the first one, I used to play the 3-screen arcade version of the first Ninja Warriors and the Amiga version (which was pretty much arcade perfect) quite a bit, but I found a little more depth in the gameplay of the sequel. I also liked the style of graphics in the second one. But that's just imho.

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Again is more badass than the original Ninja Warriors. But I vaguely remember playing the arcade game and I do own the PC Engine Hucard.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

This game is excellent, nice graphics, moves and music. Extremely superior to arcade version and your conversions (mega cd and pc engine)

The japanese version have a bizarre green blood, removed in US version

one of ten best games of sfc/snes in my opinion

XBL: ArthurOtaku
    PSN: Arthur-Otaku

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default also:

i also think the jpn version has female opponents that were removed from the us version. </3 american whoresome values

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

Default o

I played both versions, enemies are the same, the only difference is the green blood on japanese version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to sound like a jerk, but everyone who thinks the original is better than this remake is crazy. There is so much more depth, and the graphics are quite beautiful. It is one of my favorite SNES games.

The original was cool for its time, and definitely sports some super nice Zuntata tunes (if you like ZTT). I wish The Ninja Warriors had a version like Night Striker on PSX & Saturn or the Saturn Darius 2, and Chase H.Q. Plus S.C.I. comp.

Whatever happened to that Taito classics disc anyway!?! I was really psyched for that.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

Quote Originally Posted by klausien
    Not to sound like a jerk, but everyone who thinks the original is better than this remake is crazy. There is so much more depth, and the graphics are quite beautiful. It is one of my favorite SNES games.

The original was cool for its time, and definitely sports some super nice Zuntata tunes (if you like ZTT). I wish The Ninja Warriors had a version like Night Striker on PSX & Saturn or the Saturn Darius 2, and Chase H.Q. Plus S.C.I. comp.

Whatever happened to that Taito classics disc anyway!?! I was really psyched for that.
    The original ninja warriors is a crap, the only good thing from original ninja warriors are musics of mega cd version. It's my opinion

The only thing to claim about ninja warriors again is the one player mode only

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man, if there was a Ninja Warriors & Ninja Warriors Again compilation disc for the Saturn, I'd be looking all over for it! They really should've done that. I still wonder why they only did Darius 2 for the Saturn though? Why couldn't they have made it a compilation disc of Darius 1 & 2? I still have never played the original Darius yet. Isn't the only home version of it on the PC Engine or something? I have a home version of every Darius game except the first one.

Speaking of Darius, how much better is Darius 2 on the Saturn compared to Sagaia (Darius 2) on the Genesis? I'd kinda like to have it if I could find a new copy of it for a reasonable price, but I've always wondered if it's really worth trying to find it, since I already have it for the Genesis. I've always wondered the same thing about all the Sega Ages games that were originally released on the Genesis. (After Burner 2, Galaxy Force 2, Space Harrier 2, Out Run, etc.) If all of those are basically exactly the same games but with CD audio and slightly better graphics, then I don't see much point in importing them.

Anyhow, back on topic, the Ninja Warriors were all cyborgs, and I believe their enemies were too, so that's why the green blood. And I believe that the US version of Ninja Warriors on SNES is actually Ninja Warriors Again, even though they called it Ninja Warriors, isn't it? I've never played either one before, but I would love to own a home version of both games. The price of them these days is a bit too prohibitive for new copies though. I was gonna bid on a sealed Ninja Warriors for SNES last year, but on the last day of the auction, it shot up from only $40 to $170! So I never even got to bid on it, because I didn't have enough money to try to win it at those prices. I assume that a sealed Ninja Warriors for Mega CD probably isn't cheap either.

For those of you who have played it, is it anything like Strider or Run Saber? It looks alot like that type of game to me, so I've always wondered about it. And how do they handle it on the home versions? Is it letterboxed or what? I've always wondered how they translated it from 3 screens to 1 screen too. I still can't even imagine what playing the arcade versions of the Darius series or one of the Ninja Warriors games must be like. I've never even seen any Darius games or Ninja Warriors games in the arcade before, except I think I did see Darius Gaiden once, and it looked exactly like the Saturn version to me, so I didn't even bother playing it. Maybe I should've tried it anyhow.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nothing like Strider.

Think Final Fight/Streets of Rage but with no huge playing field to walk in all 8 directions on. I'll rate the characters though.

Ninja - Cons outweigh pros with this character. He sacrifices speed for power. His weapon (nunchucks) has good range. He can't jump though. Has a rocket pack instead.

Kunoichi - Fast, but weapons are too small. Makes her vulnerable.

Kamaitachi -Now this is a force to be reckoned with. Slightly faster than Kunoichi, has more long range attacks than Ninja, and he can break himself off a crowd of enemies.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon

Oh man, if there was a Ninja Warriors & Ninja Warriors Again compilation disc for the Saturn, I'd be looking all over for it! They really should've done that. I still wonder why they only did Darius 2 for the Saturn though? Why couldn't they have made it a compilation disc of Darius 1 & 2? I still have never played the original Darius yet. Isn't the only home version of it on the PC Engine or something? I have a home version of every Darius game except the first one.

Speaking of Darius, how much better is Darius 2 on the Saturn compared to Sagaia (Darius 2) on the Genesis? I'd kinda like to have it if I could find a new copy of it for a reasonable price, but I've always wondered if it's really worth trying to find it, since I already have it for the Genesis. I've always wondered the same thing about all the Sega Ages games that were originally released on the Genesis. (After Burner 2, Galaxy Force 2, Space Harrier 2, Out Run, etc.) If all of those are basically exactly the same games but with CD audio and slightly better graphics, then I don't see much point in importing them.

Anyhow, back on topic, the Ninja Warriors were all cyborgs, and I believe their enemies were too, so that's why the green blood. And I believe that the US version of Ninja Warriors on SNES is actually Ninja Warriors Again, even though they called it Ninja Warriors, isn't it? I've never played either one before, but I would love to own a home version of both games. The price of them these days is a bit too prohibitive for new copies though. I was gonna bid on a sealed Ninja Warriors for SNES last year, but on the last day of the auction, it shot up from only $40 to $170! So I never even got to bid on it, because I didn't have enough money to try to win it at those prices. I assume that a sealed Ninja Warriors for Mega CD probably isn't cheap either.

For those of you who have played it, is it anything like Strider or Run Saber? It looks alot like that type of game to me, so I've always wondered about it. And how do they handle it on the home versions? Is it letterboxed or what? I've always wondered how they translated it from 3 screens to 1 screen too. I still can't even imagine what playing the arcade versions of the Darius series or one of the Ninja Warriors games must be like. I've never even seen any Darius games or Ninja Warriors games in the arcade before, except I think I did see Darius Gaiden once, and it looked exactly like the Saturn version to me, so I didn't even bother playing it. Maybe I should've tried it anyhow.
    In the saturn darius 2 you can zoom the screen "in-game" It's very interesting and very superior than genesis version

About ninja warriors, only the human enemies leaves the green blood, it's a strange censured blood, not an blood of robots, this strange blood was removed in USA version

Ninja warriors is like thunder fox and black belt, extremely linear, try on the emulator

Try an "opened" copy of ninja warriors again, the japanese version is better and like another sfc games doesn't comes sealed

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-Otaku
    Try an "opened" copy of ninja warriors again, the japanese version is better and like another sfc games doesn't comes sealed
    OK, but is the SFC version of NWA the same as the US version of NW, other than the green blood? I could just get NW for the MegaCD and NWA for the SFC and I'd have both games, right? Then I'd just need a MegaCD converter.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-Otaku
    OK, but is the SFC version of NWA the same as the US version of NW, other than the green blood? I could just get NW for the MegaCD and NWA for the SFC and I'd have both games, right? Then I'd just need a MegaCD converter.
    The only difference between US and JAP versions are the green blood (ausent in US version) and text language (sure)

Yes, with ninja warrios again of snes and ninja warrior of mega cd you will have the both versions, the mega cd version is an arcade conversion with better music (there's an arcade and arranged music option)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Does any body know good the PCE version is?

Compare to the SFC and the Mega CD version?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not as good from what little of it I played. I've got the MCD version, and thought the PC-E version was just not good enough to stand up to it, althougn not terrible in it's own right. I rate both higher than NW Again, which I just don't care for so much.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch
    Not as good from what little of it I played. I've got the MCD version, and thought the PC-E version was just not good enough to stand up to it, althougn not terrible in it's own right. I rate both higher than NW Again, which I just don't care for so much.
    Thanks hmmm just thought i ask.