Thread: Jaguar games cost way too damn much!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jaguar games cost way too damn much!!!

Man, I would like to get some Jag games, loose carts are fine, but man these games just cost too damn much!

I've been watching Jag games on Ebay for some time now, and I always end up getting outbid, because I just can't pay the money that people are paying for Jag carts. I would love to get quite a few Jag carts, but man, it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

Not with these prices.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell me about it! The damn things just won't go down in value at all!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

really? what games are you trying to get? AVP is one of the best games on jaguar, if not my favorite, but its pretty pricey. Luckily I was an avid jaguar fan back when it was first released so I have 14 complete jaguar games including AVP
    If you do get some games make sure you get AVP, theme park, Iron soldier, flashback, and rayman, all pretty good.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didnt know it was a cart based system, thats pretty sweet. I think i may have to get one now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whats that game where ur in outer space... its a shooter

when i played it, my reaction- in the words of paris hilton- "thats hot"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman943

the only game I own that is in space is Trevor McFur which is a side scrolling space shooter.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    If you do get some games make sure you get AVP, theme park, Iron soldier, flashback, and rayman, all pretty good.
    Insert- Bubsy, Tempest 2000, Iron Soldier 2, and Cannon Fodder

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Likely Tempest 2000... Wasn't there also a Defender game?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinman943

the only game I own that is in space is Trevor McFur which is a side scrolling space shooter.
    There are a ton of space games for the Jag. BattleSphere, Cybermorph, Battlemorph, HoverStrike, Zero 5, Defender 2000, Protector, etc. You have to be a bit more specific
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jaguar games were pretty cheap not too long ago. It has only been the last five or so years it has raised dramatically in price.

I'm glad I got my complete MIB collection about six years ago
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can agree with the games costing too much also. Myself I already have AVP thankfully and my wife snagged it one year for Christmas at a pretty decent price too. But I can remember when titles like Trevor McFur, Ruiner Pinball, Syndicate, and I-War were well in the $10 range. Now they seem to command much higher prices and are nearly $20!? I just want loose carts of some of these. Flashback would be cool, but I have the SNES and PC versions and they play pretty much the same. I do have Pitfall (Recommended), and really been trying to get a good deal on Ruiner Pinball. Oh well, we all just have to keep waiting and hope...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    I'm glad I got my complete MIB collection about six years ago
    You and me both!
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand, I got my jaguar from eBay as a lot with all hookups, 2 controllers, and 8 games including AVP - it was a little pricey but worth it because I didnt have look and bid on avp (which is costly). I would probably search for decent priced bundles including good games and sell the unit if you dont need it.
    - Mitch_Naz @ M.A -
    " Now you're playing with Power"
    www.freewebs.com/mitchs-arcade

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem is trying to find stuff anywhere but eBay. Stuff can be wildly overpriced there. I did manage to snag a few shrinkwrapped games at a flea market a couple of weeks ago.

I'm adding the last few games I need, and already have my Battlesphere money set aside, 'cause I know it's going to go for rediculous money the next time it pops up on eBay. :/
    Wanted: Battlesphere

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a Jag when it first launched and I had games like Cybermorph, Raiden, Trevor McFurr, Wolfenstein, Doom, Tempest 2000, AVP and Iron Soldier.

That was basically it. Those were the games back when it came out that I got. Right now, I have Cybermorph, Trevor McFurr, Iron Soldier, Checkered Flag and Hoverstrike.

I've been trying to find games like Bubsy, Zool 2, Attack of the Mutant Penguins, Power Drive Rally, Raiden, Tempest 2000, AVP, Doom, Ultra Vortek, Brutal Sports Football, etc, etc.

It's hard to get them in packaged deals too, because a Jag system by itself with controller and all hookups can go for almost $35 or so. Then you add a number of games onto that, and it can go up real fast.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    It's hard to get them in packaged deals too, because a Jag system by itself with controller and all hookups can go for almost $35 or so. Then you add a number of games onto that, and it can go up real fast.
    Yeah. I've been surprised how quickly the Jaguar has taken on a Turbografx-like eBay status. It used to be that you could get large packages relatively cheap, but now sellers are getting more for a console with games than they are for selling them off one by one. I've seen a console with 15 carts only sell for over $250.00... and there was only a few big name games involved with that!
    Dan Loosen
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These are ALL in original boxes, some shrink wrapped. I also have 2 CD players as one was giving me problems. The CD unit I got for only $40. I found a guy that had a bunch of brand new shrinkwrapped Jag games. I paid like $100 for the lot of 15 games. What a deal! I also found an awesome deal about 5 years ago on a lot of 20+ joysticks. 2 Team Tap units. All boxed and never used. Here are my Jag games. Jag is one of my favorite systems. Brutal Sports Football is one of my all time favorite games on ANY platform, but I think the Amiga version was best.

Alien VS Predator
    Baldies
    Battlemorph
    Brutal Sports Football
    Cannon Fodder
    Checkered Flag
    Club Drive
    Cybermorph
    Defender 2000
    Doom
    Dragon's Lair
    Fight For Life
    Flashback
    Highlander
    Hover Strike
    Iron Soldier 2
    Kasumi Ninja
    Missle Command Y2K
    Myst
    NBA Jam T.E.
    Pittfall
    Raiden
    Super Burnout
    Syndicate
    Tempest 2000
    Ultra Vortek
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Zool 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Heh. This is pretty interesting. My Jag used to be the main focus of my collection but my purchases for it have tapered off quite a bit in the last couple years. Last time I looked at Ebay prices it seemed like a lot of games I paid $$$ for (AvP, Iron Soldier) had dropped considerably.

It's funny because I myself bought my Jag only as an afterthought. 1998 - I was visiting my in-laws out of state and knew there was a pretty nice game shop in their town where I could get an Atari 5200. So I got the 5200 and saw they had a Jag with all hookups plus 5 games of my choice for only $18. So I said why not? and bought it as well, not expecting much. I became very quickly enamored with the thing (moreso than the 5200) and I wound up going back to that shop nearly every day on that vacation to buy one or two more Jag titles per trip..including a CD drive for a paltry $35. So it's nice to see the value on Jaguar going back up...but only because I've pretty much already got everything I want for this system

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That was exactly how I was with the Jaguar. Almost bought it at a Kay*Bee when they were clearanced there for $40.00. Instead, right after the N64 came out my friend and I found them online through Video Game Liquidators (which did not charge a zillion dollars for shipping at that time) so we both bought one and a bunch of games to split. I remember I got Iron Solider, Tempest 2000 and Super Burnout. I also remember hating Tempest 2000 the first few times I played it.

Boy did that change!

I had quickly purchased through them about half the games ever made, and then slowly obtained the rest. A whole ton of other friends bought them too because of their price at the time and the quality of some of the software. It was pretty easy to get interested in the Jaguar hardcore if you played the right games. I think the Dreamcast has the same appeal. I took one into work for our Christmas party (along with an Xbox, which to my surprise was almost completely ignored!), and out of the 13 people that I work with, seven have since purchased them! There just seems to be an odd attraction to a few games and that special price point of about $30 for a console
    Dan Loosen