Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Default Goddamn price-raising n00bs!!!

Check out the bid history on this copy of Snatcher here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I believe it was yesterday that the price went from $26 to $52 in a mere few hours, and if you will check the bid history out, you will find that some donghonker without any feedback has been blatantly raising the price. WHY??? It's not freaking fair... I wanted to bid on this, but if I'm going to encounter jackoffs who don't even know how to use eBay, then forget it, just freaking forget it. Goddammit...

This little burst of rage has been brought to you by Sotenga Productions. Sotenga: Pissing into the high seas since... uhhhhhh... a long time ago.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Doesn't look like he was just raising the price, it looks like he was trying to outbid kaine_1 little bits at a time, then later, tatemonger.

Ebay lists the bidding history wierdly, it only shows kaine_1's highest bid, because he only bid once, where mercer1979 bid several times.
    I go online sometimes, but ... everyone's spelling is really bad, and it's ... depressing.

--Tara from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

BEST SITE FOR IMPORTS!
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-pfh-71-99.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Xantan the Foul
    Doesn't look like he was just raising the price, it looks like he was trying to outbid kaine_1 little bits at a time, then later, tatemonger.

Ebay lists the bidding history wierdly, it only shows kaine_1's highest bid, because he only bid once, where mercer1979 bid several times.
    Hmmmmmmmm... you have a point, but I'm still angry. Why do ignorant bidders always input considerably high bids several days before the auction goes off? I guess they want to secure their items, but... I guess people have their reasons. I'm just not happy. People should really stave off their bids until the last few minutes. It'll make for more sniping, but I'd rather have an honorable bid war than having the price unfairly exceed its limit prematurely. Let them waste their money...

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like you don't know that it's gonna go for at least another $25 more than that anyway! Doesn't that game usually go for $75-$100? So what's the problem? You'll either pay alot for it, or you'll never get it in that kind of condition. It's pretty simple how ebay works. You pay or you don't play.

DP is really cracking me up lately. Mostly just a bunch of people griping about how they can't get games that they know are very expensive for cheap. And if you call them on it, they get all pissed off, like they don't know how cheap and childish they are to expect to get stuff like that for nothing. It's really hilarious, if you see it for what it is. And yet, people are still pissed off at me for pointing it out to them, calling me an ass for calling them cheap.

Well, if the shoe fits, wear it. And don't try to act like it doesn't fit, when you know that it does. Not saying that's you sotenga, but just speaking in general around here lately. I honestly don't know what half of DP is smoking. They seem to think that ebay and the rest of the collecting world owe them something just because they're collectors. Kinda like coaster nuts. They're the same way. They think that amusement parks owe them something for being coaster nuts, that they're somehow better than the general public.

I know what you mean about noobs on ebay, but $50 for that game would be a deal, if it went for that cheap, and you know that it won't. So look at it this way, if that's already too rich for your blood, then you can stop sweating it already. Because you weren't gonna win it by sniping it either. It's gone.

So what you're saying is, someone had already put a higher bid on it than you wanted to pay for it, and now you're upset because you found this out a few days before the auction ended, instead of at the last minute? It's the same disappointment. You obviously either can't afford it, or you just aren't willing to pay whatever it takes to get it. Which means that you don't really want it as bad as you think you do, and certainly not as bad as those other people do. Just like I said, you pay or you don't play. That's the ebay game.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantan the Foul

Hmmmmmmmm... you have a point, but I'm still angry. Why do ignorant bidders always input considerably high bids several days before the auction goes off? I guess they want to secure their items, but... I guess people have their reasons. I'm just not happy. People should really stave off their bids until the last few minutes. It'll make for more sniping, but I'd rather have an honorable bid war than having the price unfairly exceed its limit prematurely. Let them waste their money...
    Wait, what's bad about putting in bids early?

And, that's a pretty solid price for Snatcher there.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I think the thing that Sniderman was complaing about is that you havea stupid newbie coming in and bidding up the price early.

We don't know if what he did will affect the final price. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But the thing that I would be upset about if I was interested in this game was that everyone should KNOW this is a uncommon game that is going to go for major money. In other words, any EBay buyer with at least a LITTLE experience is going to wait to snipe. Putting in bids NOW is just stupid and does nothing but jack up the price.

That's why I finally gave up on winning a original copy of this game and asked a friend to copy it for me just so I could PLAY it.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Like you don't know that it's gonna go for at least another $25 more than that anyway! Doesn't that game usually go for $75-$100? So what's the problem? You'll either pay alot for it, or you'll never get it in that kind of condition. It's pretty simple how ebay works. You pay or you don't play.

DP is really cracking me up lately. Mostly just a bunch of people griping about how they can't get games that they know are very expensive for cheap. And if you call them on it, they get all pissed off, like they don't know how cheap and childish they are to expect to get stuff like that for nothing. It's really hilarious, if you see it for what it is. And yet, people are still pissed off at me for pointing it out to them, calling me an ass for calling them cheap.

Well, if the shoe fits, wear it. And don't try to act like it doesn't fit, when you know that it does. Not saying that's you sotenga, but just speaking in general around here lately. I honestly don't know what half of DP is smoking. They seem to think that ebay and the rest of the collecting world owe them something just because they're collectors. Kinda like coaster nuts. They're the same way. They think that amusement parks owe them something for being coaster nuts, that they're somehow better than the general public.

I know what you mean about noobs on ebay, but $50 for that game would be a deal, if it went for that cheap, and you know that it won't. So look at it this way, if that's already too rich for your blood, then you can stop sweating it already. Because you weren't gonna win it by sniping it either. It's gone.

So what you're saying is, someone had already put a higher bid on it than you wanted to pay for it, and now you're upset because you found this out a few days before the auction ended, instead of at the last minute? It's the same disappointment. You obviously either can't afford it, or you just aren't willing to pay whatever it takes to get it. Which means that you don't really want it as bad as you think you do, and certainly not as bad as those other people do. Just like I said, you pay or you don't play. That's the ebay game.
    I agree with you to some extent. The majority of DP is really cheap, and think that they should be able to get games on Ebay for next to nothing. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to some things, but I also overpay sometimes if it's something I REALLY want!
    I actually like it when an item is bid up high from the beginning. I think it sucks worse when the item is cheap the entire time it's listed, and then I lose it in the last 5 seconds, because I feel as though the item is already mine before it ends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

So you're saying sniping is more honorable than paying what you want for it before the end of the auction? Riiigghht.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well in this case it's clearly the seller who is shill bidding.

Check the bid history of "mercer1979".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar
    So you're saying sniping is more honorable than paying what you want for it before the end of the auction? Riiigghht.
    Yes, that is what he's saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

I sent the auction guy a message and asked him about it. I'll try and post his reply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    We don't know if what he did will affect the final price. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But the thing that I would be upset about if I was interested in this game was that everyone should KNOW this is a uncommon game that is going to go for major money. In other words, any EBay buyer with at least a LITTLE experience is going to wait to snipe. Putting in bids NOW is just stupid and does nothing but jack up the price.
    You nailed it perfectly, Greg. That is EXACTLY why I am upset over this item. Then again, there will be others... and I think I found another one that'll be a good candidate. Last time I checked, it was below thirty dollars, so hopefully, I'll score that one.

Snatcher's not really rare, per se. It's somewhat like Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo in the sense that it can be hard to find, but is in such high demand that copies are sold semi-frequently. Also, copies are sold for prices that are higher than they should be. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VGfan

Well, it was only a matter of time before someone suggested shill bigging in an eBay bitchfest. x_x The only accusation made more often than shilling around here is resealing games and it's really getting sad.

As for the auction at hand, let me suggest that you guys look at the state of eBay from a seller's standpoint for once. Shilling has made the entire bid process a joke. what's the sense of creating a 5, 7 or even 10 day listing if people are only going to bid in the last few minutes regardless? The speed of your internet connection is almost as important as the depth of your pockets.

I have to say that I agree w/ Iron Dragoon 100%

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    If you wanted to keep the final selling price of this game low then the last thing that the author of this thread should have been done was to bring attention to in on this website. x_x

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Quote Originally Posted by VGfan

Well, it was only a matter of time before someone suggested shill bigging in an eBay bitchfest. x_x The only accusation made more often than shilling around here is resealing games and it's really getting sad.

While I do tend to agree with you, I think at least in this case there is definitely something wrong with the auction in question.

When you sell an item & then relist a couple weeks later the same exact item, you should not have the same exact bidder (who has already won your previous auction) bidding on the item they should have already received at this point.

The most logical explanation as to why this bidder "mercer1979" only bids on the seller "always-4-less" auctions, having been an ebay member since 2001 & yet still has no feedback, & then won this copy of Snatcher just a couple of weeks ago, yet is still bidding up the same copy from the same seller now relisted.. I think it's painfully obvious what's going on. Call it an accusation, but it doesn't change the fact that something's not right there.

There is no valid excuse for shilling. Ebay lets you determine the starting bid of the auction, & they also allow you the option for a minimum reserve. Not only is it against ebay policy but it is also immoral. Ebay is set up for you to enter in proxy bids, which allow you a buffer zone against other bidders, not against greedy sellers.

I agree that you should never bid more than you are willing to pay, but you throw a proxy down just in case of another live bidder, not in case the seller isn't happy with the current bidding on his own auction & wants to see how far you're willing to go.

If I ever catch a seller shilling me, I'd file a chargeback thru paypal once item was received, report the seller to ebay, and send the seller a virus thru email. Then on the remote chance he's still selling, I'd wait patiently until he least expects it and then sabotage sellect auctions with my own fake accounts.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon

WATCH OUT!!! I made e reference to the "children" and the "childish actions" concerning a few of the members on this forum once...and they ALL started crying. I got so many "you're a meanie" emails...well. I quickly came to the opinion that I would never send a customer here, only other collectors. If you don't eat, breathe, and suck on video games, you are often classified as the dreaded "noob" and berated for actions and decisions you may make when the "professors" here don't agree. So sad for an otherwise great information base.
    just checking