Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gamelord2000

Default Halo 2 Split-Screen Question

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. There are tons of Halo 2 threads and it would take me forever to view them all. Anyways...everytime I play Halo 2 with a buddy the split screeen is vertical. Everyone else I have talked to has told me that theirs is horizontal. They also say that they have the regular version and I of course have the so-called limited edition. Is there a way to change the split screen action so that it's horizontal instead of vertical or did Microsoft in fact create 2 different versions of the game? It's a pain in the ass when it's vertical as you can't see crap. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Default Re: Halo 2 Split-Screen Question

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK
    I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. There are tons of Halo 2 threads and it would take me forever to view them all. Anyways...everytime I play Halo 2 with a buddy the split screeen is vertical. Everyone else I have talked to has told me that theirs is horizontal. They also say that they have the regular version and I of course have the so-called limited edition. Is there a way to change the split screen action so that it's horizontal instead of vertical or did Microsoft in fact create 2 different versions of the game? It's a pain in the ass when it's vertical as you can't see crap. Any insight is appreciated.
    If I recall, if your xbox is set to widescreen tv mode, it does the vertical split.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately this is another of Bungies' "Infinite Wisdom" decisions. Rather than give people the choice between Vertical and Horizontal they've basically made it so that if you have a non-widescreen TV then you can only play in vertical and if you have a widescreen then you only see it in horizontal.

I know your pain though, just recently despite my TV being a widescreen one Halo2 decided it was going to load in the 4:3 ratio instead of the usual widescreen. Thankfully it sorted itself out but I've no idea how or why it suddenly decided I was only going to get 4:3. It was like having tunnel vision.