Thread: Print Runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Print Runs

I am just curious. Where does people get the information on a games print run? I mean once it has stopped production, and is no longer made who or where do you get the information from? I see people on this board posting a game had so and so print run. How did they find that info or are they just guessing?

The reason I am asking is because I see some games (classic and new) that are considered rare to alot of people, but when it comes to being collectable I sometimes see it everywhere. For Example. I have seen this past week 3 Fox Hunts for PS, and 4 Psychic Detectives, and yet I hear that they are rare, not following the logic here. Not trying to be critical of rarity scales just trying to understand them better.

Currently Playing:
    X-Box 360: Rock Band, Dark Sector, Orange Box, Mass Effect, Scene IT DVD (360) Bully (360 Version)

Can't wait for Bioshock 2 !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You shoulda picked up the fox hunts, they sell for pretty high I believe. I believe lots of the time people get the print runs from the actual companies that sell the games. You also have to factor in regonal avalibility. Some rare games are actually quite common in certain areas of the country. If you live in an area without many hardcore collectors (rural areas usually) I would say you have a better chance of finding raries than someone in a big city.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

Rural areas are not allways great because a large number of ebay sellers seem to live in rural areas. At least thats the way it works in my small (rural) town. Maybe its the lack of jobs but there are tons of the ebay self-employeed around here that nothing to do but scrape up everything decent.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by Bluteg
    Rural areas are not allways great because a large number of ebay sellers seem to live in rural areas. At least thats the way it works in my small (rural) town. Maybe its the lack of jobs but there are tons of the ebay self-employeed around here that nothing to do but scrape up everything decent.

those bastards!

grab the shotgun jimmy we're going on a trip....

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Default Re: Print Runs

Quote Originally Posted by digdug
    I am just curious. Where does people get the information on a games print run? I mean once it has stopped production, and is no longer made who or where do you get the information from? I see people on this board posting a game had so and so print run. How did they find that info or are they just guessing?

The reason I am asking is because I see some games (classic and new) that are considered rare to alot of people, but when it comes to being collectable I sometimes see it everywhere. For Example. I have seen this past week 3 Fox Hunts for PS, and 4 Psychic Detectives, and yet I hear that they are rare, not following the logic here. Not trying to be critical of rarity scales just trying to understand them better.

Companies hold onto Print runs like no ones business. Its usually private info thats basically held as a company secret because that can show how successful or unsuccessful a game (and in some cases) the company is.

Just because youve seen 3 or 4 Fox Hunts or Psychic Decectives doesnt mean that those still arnt among the rarest PS games out on the market. Ive seen ONE wild Fox Hunt (the one I own) and my Psychic Decective came from a fellow collector. Ebay is NOT indictive of the availability of a game in general. Because I could always see the DBGT:Final Bout's on there, but in the wild. Pfft...
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog