Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These games are NEVER going to see the light of day.....

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Default These games are NEVER going to see the light of day.....

I'm tired of pre-ordering stuff that I know full well are 'niche' games and then having to suffer delay after delay after DELAY to get the games released over here in the States. And no shock most of them are for the PS2. Damn Sony and their stupid 2D policy.

One reason I pre-order 'B' list games -- not the super popular and common stuff like Madden or Final Fantasy -- is to make sure I can get my hands on a copy when it comes out. Also, I find these gets delayed so much, I like not worrying about them until I get a phone call.

My luck is running damn thin on some of the titles I've been looking forward to for a long time, though.

First we had the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the GBA delayed several times and now it does'nt even have a release date.

Then we've had Wild Arms: Alter Code F delayed four times at least. What the hell is taking a simple TRANSLATION so long?

And now I find out today that Phantasy Star Triliogy has been delayed a forth time as well, pushed back from today to May 1st!

If any of these games actually see the light of day in the States, I'll be shocked.

And these are all games I paid off back in October before I ran into my curent fiancial problems......

I guess the only thing I'll be getting this month is the XBox version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection on 3/16 -- something else allready paid off.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

That reminds me. Did Chulip ever come or or was it just flat out cancelled?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    That's the first game that popped into my head when I read the topic title too. :P If it never comes out in the US, I'll import it eventually, but I sure would love to play it in English with that $15 price point (and if they wanted to raise it, I'd buy it brand new at $20 too). Natsume usually does great localizations, so I would expect it to be a very good translation.

SoulBlazer, if Mega Man Anniversary Collection never comes on in the US, why don't you just import it? It's not like the Mega Man games really have much text at all, and GBA has no territorial lockout. :)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

what ps2 2d policy ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta!
    what ps2 2d policy ???
    there was a HUGE discussion on this issue awhile back, if any1 can supply a link for him that would help. To sum it up PS2 has a new policy that does not alow 2D games on the PS2 anymore, they only want to sell 3D games, even it its a heaping pile of crap and the 2D game is a masterpiece, simply because according to them todays gamers want better graphics. Its lame as hell...

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Well, I think it's not so much that they absolutely refuse 2D games, but it's more like they expect all 2D games to be budget titles as they believe they don't deserve to charge the full price that a fancy new 3D game has.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    Well, I think it's not so much that they absolutely refuse 2D games, but it's more like they expect all 2D games to be budget titles as they believe they don't deserve to charge the full price that a fancy new 3D game has.
    Works for me. If sony wants to release 2D titles at budget prices then I say go right ahead. Saves me more money that way.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

but I wish they would release quality 2d games, that means no 2d castlevania

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

US version fo Rent-a-Hero for xbox was slated to come over fro ages, I really should have gotten friendly with someone on staff and gotten a nigh complete leak before it was trashed...

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    Works for me. If sony wants to release 2D titles at budget prices then I say go right ahead. Saves me more money that way.
    Good for us, but bad for the developers, and if something is bad for developers, then they're just plain not going to do it. The problem is that making a great 2D game can cost just as much as making a 3D game (if not more than what it costs to create the crappy 3D games that do get released at full MSRPs). In most cases, a company just can't release a game if Sony won't allow them to sell it for more than $20 or $30.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    Good for us, but bad for the developers, and if something is bad for developers, then they're just plain not going to do it. The problem is that making a great 2D game can cost just as much as making a 3D game (if not more than what it costs to create the crappy 3D games that do get released at full MSRPs). In most cases, a company just can't release a game if Sony won't allow them to sell it for more than $20 or $30.
    True, true. You prove a good point. However, even if developers were aloud to release niche titles and 2D games at full price do you still think people would buy them? Alot of those type of games have a hard anuff time selling at budget titles as it is, nevermind full price.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 2d thing is simply NOT TRUE. NOT AT ALL.

Carry on.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

If it's not true, you'd be spitting in the face of Zach Maeston and many other long time video game industry experts who have been TOLD by Sony that it IS true.

But as someone allready said, there was a recent thread about this very same issue not that long ago.

I'm convienced half of the reason these games keep getting delayed and probaly never will come out is due to this. :/
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2D thing is true to an extent... Sony is more picky on Technology. (Which is fairly strange, considering their console is the least capable) If the Technology doesn't meet current standards, then You'll have to offer more. SNKP and the KOF / Metal Slug Combo's... And I'm sure SCEA would have never allowed Namco to bring over Namco Museum had the only game been Pac-Man or Dig-Dug or Pole Position or Galaga.

But annother one we will most likely never see, and one that has escaped the press since it was announced like 3 years ago, Ghouls 'n Ghosts / Ghosts 'n Goblins Online (for PC and GameCube... at the time)

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    If it's not true, you'd be spitting in the face of Zach Maeston and many other long time video game industry experts who have been TOLD by Sony that it IS true.
    I was under the impression that it's not so much a written policy as a general attitude SOA holds towards 2D titles. In which case it isn't anything new, it's been brewing since the PS1 era.

But I haven't read the current discussion on the subject.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria
    Hehe I think I'm the only damn person in the whole world that actually cares about this game enough to call Natsume. Even Gamestop and all them don't seem to care enough to check. I've called them twice, once a few days before the original release date and once a few weeks ago. The answer was and still is.... it's on hold .

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GobopopRevisited
    And I'm sure SCEA would have never allowed Namco to bring over Namco Museum had the only game been Pac-Man or Dig-Dug or Pole Position or Galaga.
    Well, to be honest, I wouldn't buy a Namco Museum title if it only contained one game. However, if they wanted to put out a game with tons of different versions of the original and a remade version with fancy modern graphics and all kinds of other bonus crap that would be cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree wtih you a feel your pain my man. Even worse is when you work at Gamestop, try and pre-order something, and we don't even have a pre-order sku for it. Booooooooooooo.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was actually planning to get an XBox just so I could play Rent-a-Hero in English. It got canned, and I still don't have an XBox. If a rip ever turns up, you can bet your riches that I'll be picking up a used XBox and modding it as soon as I find out.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Natsume has a tendency to delay things for ages. I'm still waiting for Wizardry Summoner (gba) which has been appearing / disappearing on various release lists for about three years now.

Yay! post #200.