Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite stages of ANY game?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your favorite stages of ANY game?

I think it would be interesting to see which are peopleīs favorite stages on any game, those so good they should be remembered forever.

Iīll start:

1- Aquatic Ruin (Sonic 2)- I think this is one of the most awesome stages ever created for a game. The music fits perfectly with it, and I love the scenary, with the crumbling columns and the fact you can choose between going through the upper part or going through the water at the bottom.

2- Underground mine (Gunstar Heroes)- Reversible cart, lots of enemies that explode and dissappear flying when you shoot them, SEVEN FORCE. Need I to explain it more?

3- Train stage (2-1 on Ninja Gaiden 2)- Ninjas kick ass, and this stage represents very well that. Running through a moving train while slashing enemies? Awesome...

4-Corneria (Starfox)- Who can forget the first time flying through Corneria, with that soundtrack and shooting down enemies while doing crazy manuevers to help your friends?

5- Giant world (Super Mario Bros 3)- Not really a stage, but a whole world, and a favorite of most people who has played this game. How surprised were you when you saw those giant koopas and Goombas? BTW, any stage of this game could be a good candidate to be on this spot, and thatīs what made this game so legendary.
    Step Back! This is my blast shot!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gamelord2000

Metal Man's stage for Mega Man 2 is my all time favorite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Your favorite stages of ANY game?

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Plus
    Giant world (Super Mario Bros 3)- Not really a stage, but a whole world, and a favorite of most people who has played this game. How surprised were you when you saw those giant koopas and Goombas? BTW, any stage of this game could be a good candidate to be on this spot, and thatīs what made this game so legendary.
    Indeed. Still love to play that one.

Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order):

The original Ridge Racer track (sans extra section)
    Eat Fuzzy, Get Dizzy from Yoshi's Island
    Level 5 of Rez
    The first stages of both Castlevania & Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
    Aeropolis: Multiplex from F-Zero GX
    Level 1: The Journey Begins & Level 12: The Crystal Palace of Astal
    Episode 2: Altered Genos in Panzer Dragoon Orta
    The entire beginning canyon section in Panzer Dragoon Saga
    The Forest Track from Sega Rally

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles -- Ice Cap Zone and Lava Reef Zone
    2. CastleVania 3: Dracula's Curse -- The Clock Tower
    3. Mortal Kombat 2--- The Living Forest
    4. SMB3--- Giant World I do agree with you, that was so awesome
    5. Super Mario World ---- The Special Zone
    6. Super Mario 64- Dire Dire Docks <--- love that stage
    7. Super CastleVania 4---- Stage 6-2...the dance hall & Stage 9-1 The Treasure Room
    8. Sonic Advenutre 2 ---- Escape from the City
    9. Final Fantasy 6- The Phantom Train...awesome...
    10. Resident Evil (GameCube)...the Neptune's Lair in the basement....
    11. Resident Evil 2....the Intro where Claire is in the restaurant
    12. Silent Hill 2...the whisperer in Room 209..in the blue creek apartment building....still bugs me out...
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Klonoa: Door to phantomile-
    I played a demo of the first level, it was so cute and original it got me hooked on the series ever since.

Beyond good and evil-
    While there are not really any levels, the first fight in the game is one of my most memorable gaming moments. The song during the battle kicked ass! got me all pumped up

Twisted metal black-
    I will never forget the first time I played this game, it was one of the few games that made me say outloud to my friend "this game is fucking awsome"

Rygar: legenday adventure-
    the first boss fight was very memorable, a huge ass greek statue.

Panzer dragoon-
    the first levle has a killer song, and the level design was just great...very memorable

Zelda:OoT-
    I always will love the kiokori forest, the music is great too

Super mario 64-
    the first stage is great

Mario kart 64-
    rainbow road will never be forgotten, easily the best version of that track, and the song was catchy

Golden axe II-
    The final boss fight is phenominal, I simply love the boss music, and boss fights in golden axe games totaly rock

Altered beast-
    Welcome to your doom! the first levle will always be one of my favorite gaming moments

final fantasy 7-
    the golden saucer will always stand out as one of my favorite parts of that game, also the mansion is one of my favorite areas, especialy in the basement, really creepy!

final fantasy 9-
    elexandria is one of the best areas ever in an rpg, so midevil!

I will stop here for now...too many games to list!

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I'd just like to warn everyone that this is gonna one hell of a long post, and there may be some spoilers. Here I go!

Megaman & Bass- the robot museum, mainly for the music, and I got to play as Bass for the 1st time.

Robopon 2- Macroland- The entire place is one giant Microsoft/Bill Gates parody. How could you not love it?

Chrono Cross- The Dead sea- I'm stil in shock from seeing the ghosts of a few certan characters here.

Disgaea- the level where you fight Maderas, mainly due to the kick-ass song playing in the background, it suits the battle quite well.

Gitaroo-man- the sambone trio's level, because it must have taken me at least 30 tries to beat.

Katamari Damacy- Make the Moon- Man, ripping entire cities out of the ground is unforgettable.

Sonic Adventure- emerald coast- I'll never forget the part where sonic is running from that killer whale. It blew me away on 9/9/99, and it still does today.

Sonic 2- Oil Ocean- Just an amazing level, with excellent design & eerie music. Plus, I distinctly remember that the 1st time I got to this level, I was home sick with pinkeye!

Megaman 2- Quickman's stage- I STILL wake up some nights, screaming in terror from those freakin' orange beams.

Megaman 2- Dr. Wily's Castle- Amazing, amazing level. The background music is phenomenal, and oh boy, when that giant-ass dragon starts chasing you down...

Megaman 3- Sparkman's stage- mainly because I could almost never beat it as a kid, and now it's really easy.

Megaman 5- Gravityman's stage- I was so amazed the first time Megaman started walking on the ceiling. It seriously blew me away.

Megaman 5- protoman's castle- Man, the music in the stage is amazing!

Monster party- 2nd half of stage 1- In short, EVERYTHING GOES TO HELL!!!

Chrono Trigger- Black Omen, Tyrano Lair, Magus' Castle- The three most unforgetable places in the most unforgetable game of all time.

Earthbound- corridor before the final boss- so spooky and intimidating..It really pumps you up for the final battle.

earthbound- Saturn valley- Who could forget the Mr. Saturns and their crazy language font?

Megaman X- Intro stage- Man, the music...fighting those giant bees...getting destroyed by vile, and being saved by Zero....simply amazing.

Megaman X3- Crush Crawfish's stage-- Awesome stage w/ awesome music, and the greatest boss character of all time.

That's all, I'll be quiet now! [/b]
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Katamari - Make the Moon as well, for the reasons above.

Resident Evil 4 - The mine cart stage.

Wario Ware - 9-volt's "retro" section

Silent Hill 4 - First time through the hospital. Jeez, I was creeped out for days.

Final Fantasy 8 - Not exactly a stage, but I spent more time playing the card game than playing the "real" game.

Kristine

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sonic 2 - Oil Ocean Zone

Super Mario Bros. - World 1, Level 2. The music that never really left my brain.

Super Mario 64 - Jolly Roger's Bay. Yet again, sweet ambience, awesome music.

FFVIII - Esthar. I know it's not a "stage" per se, but it just totally changes the aesthetic of the game, and it happens all of a sudden. It's really cool when you get there and you're just like "whoa", and you walk around for awhile looking at stuff.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I think it's called the "Starlight Zone" in the Original Sonic the Hedgehog for Genny. It's the one with all the pinball elements. Cool music.

Add another vote for me on the Katamari Moon level.

The first and second levels of streets of rage 2.

The first level of Golden Axe.

Final Fantasy VII: The first 8 or so hours of the game where you are stuck in Midgar are cool. I also like the whole Wutai area (awsome music) and the Gold Saucer.

The second stage of Altered Beast

That's all I can think of right now. I don't have my games in front of me. If I did, this list could probably go on for a few pages.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

You've all mentioned some great ones here. If any of my following faves are shared with anyone who posted, I'm merely agreeing with you. ^_^

Alrighty, so what we got here? Let me start with an obscure one.

Sasuke's fortress, Ganbare Goemon 4: The whole staged is themed around martial arts, kendo, and boxing! We have to deal with karate punching robots in the background, boxing gloves attempting to pound the life out of you, platforms that double as karate boards that you have to cross before a giant karate chopping hand smashes them all, a five-round endurance match against boxing robots, and the final scene has two types of robots. One type is your standard shotokan-type character which utilizes moves that rip off the Shoryuken, the Power Wave, and the Power Geyser, but the other robot is so awesome, simply because IT'S A BLATANT GUILE PARODY! GUILE ROBOT! GUILE ROBOT IN A KONAMI GAME!!! He has no legs, but the green muscle shirt and the hairstyle are obvious potshots at Guile, and these stationary robos utilize constant Sonic Booms to keep you at bay. I love how Konami has the balls to poke at one of their greatest competitors. The entire stage ends with a pretty damn awesome Track and Field-esque minigame that you have to complete to beat the boss. All other fortress stages in Ganbare Goemon 4 are equally as awesome, but Sasuke's is my favorite for its martial arts theme... and, I do consider myself quite the fighting geek.

Sorry, I kinda got a little detailed on that one. I'll just briefly mention a few others.

Stage 4, Super Castlevania 4: Truly one of the best early uses of Mode 7. The music's damned awesome too!

Stage 4, Contra III: Just when you think it can't get any more intense, up comes the boss fight with the battleship core... WHILE RIDING MISSLES.

Stage 6, Revenge of Shinobi: Three awesome things: Chinatown, subway train fight, and a double whammy ripoff for bosses: Spiderman AND Batman!

Green's stage, Gunstar Heroes: The high-octane action of this stage is barely paralleled by any other game... but what sells it is the climax against Seven Force. Beware if you are on Hard mode, you'll have to take out all seven forms!

Stage 2, Metal Slug 3: ZOMBIEFEST!!!!!

Stage 4, Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts: Another great demonstration of early Mode 7. It's a little gross, though... awesome!

Stage 3, Strider: The Flying Battleship Balrog. The anti-gravity sells it.

Stage 4, Strider 2: The Flying Battleship Balrog... Redux! Not only does it look more awesome, but the final battle there against Admiral Wilhelm on the escape ship is just... whoa.

Stage 3, Axelay: The groovy music and impressive visuals on this one still impress me, not to mention the kickass boss at the end!

Stage 6, Gradius V: This stage is NUTS!!! I almost always piss my pants when I have to deal with the ridiculous amounts of green sludge falling my way, but it's just so freaking great!

Stage 5A, Dracula X: Rondo of Blood: The Ghost Ship. Not only is the music unspeakably great, but the atmosphere is... well, also unspeakably great. The battle against the Grim Reaper atop the ship's mast is one of the most memorable Grimmy battles I know.

I could name more... maybe I will later. That'll take a while.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mega Man 3-Snake Man:I'd probably remember every stage from MM3 cause I played it so much as a kid but for some reason Snake Man's stage sticks out in my mind. I always remember the mini and giant snake heads that would shoot bullets at you and the screen that gave you the option of going up one of two ladders. Somehow I always used to pick the wrong right ladder which lead to a couple measly power-ups

Mega Man 2-Flash Man:As a kid this was the only MM stage I could ever get past, so naturally it was always the first chosen and most played

1st stage-NES Gradius and Life Force:Both just had an aura about them and I love them

Super Mario Kart-Rainbow Road:My cousin and I discovered this level in like 1994 or so. We were tripped out by it's no wall philosophy. We kept on cracking up as either of us would fall off

Super Mario 64-When Toys R Us first started displaying N64s and I got my first taste of Mario 64, I was in awe. Now, I despise 3D platformers, go figure!

Super Mario Bros.-1-1:I spent so much time on this level as a kid. I would go into the pipe and have so much fun in that one little coin room, trying to jump as high as possible, etc. and then trying to jump over the end pole. That was any level, I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Mario Kart 64- Rainbow Road...wow.

Chrono Trigger- The hovercar race part. I think it was the first memorable mini game in an RPG.

Final Fantasy III- The Opera Scene. How has no one mentioned this? This is my favorite part of the game.

The Addams Family (SNES) - The whole freezer stage. Great underrated game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

Turtles IV - The surfing levels

Goldeneye 007 - The Facility
    Back when it was new, I must have played this more than all the other levels combined. Also I made sure I shot out every light and everything.

Earthbound - All of the towns
    I loved exploring every inch of the towns.

Mario Kart 64 - Yoshi's Valley

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Marble Zone - Sonic 1
    Opening Stage - Castlevania III
    Desert World - Super Mario Bros 3
    What the heck? - Earthworm Jim

The next two are both for Rondo Of Blood which has some amazing levels and music.

Level 1 - I like how it's the village from Castlevania II burning to the ground, sweet.

Level 6 - Awesome level! You must fight all the bosses from Castlevania I before fighting Shaft with the Castlevania I boss music playing! Very sweet.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can't think of anything else so I'll add on other stages later

moon stage - katamari damacy
    Taxi SF Level - Driver (you just drive like a retard to scare the crap out of passenger, about 2 minute time limit)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dj Glitch's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dj Clayface
    PSN
    Dj-Clayface

Forest Temple- Zelda OoT
    Stage one- Streets of Rage 2
    Guest Room- Resident Evil 2
    The Home Run of Death- Illbleed
    All of them- Ultimate Qix
    The Moon- Majora's Mask
    The Pit II- Mortal Kombat II
    Eddy's Stage- Tekken TAG Tournament
    Zoness- Star Fox 64........I can go on
    L+ R+ Z, Up+ Down-C, Up-C+ Down, Left+ Left-C, Right-C+ Right, A+ B+ Start.
    Noe "Dj Clayface" -shoryuken.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ff6 - the ghost train dungeon
    dracula x - stage 5 alternate
    ys 1 and 2 - subterrean canals (best theme i heard in a rpg)
    ys3- final stage
    metal slug 2- stage 3
    mischief makers - any part of that game
    ggx2-slayers stage
    ff5-water dungeon
    earthbound-onett town
    blazing lazers - stage 2
    sonic 3 - chrome gadget zone
    metal gear 2 - snake and grayfoxs final battle
    conrta 3 - stage 3
    mgs3 - final part against boss
    castlevania bloodlines - stage 2
    castlevania sotn -Olrox's Quarters
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I rather preferred Fourside in Earthbound (if I had to choose a specific part).

Ah, yes, the train levels in Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3. Some combination of the music and the sensation of movement is just exceptionally well-done. Actually, a lot of the levels towards the end of Wario Land were clever and atmospheric - a nice change, considering a lot of games run out of steam towards the end.

It was most upsetting to find no train levels after Wario Land 2. The Mario Party-style level in Wario Land 4 was pretty clever, but I'd rather have more trains.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Double Dragon (arcade version)- when you climb up the cliff and fight the big green dude with the boulder.

Metal Gear Solid- the torture sceen

Max Payne- hallucinations in the dream world

Galaga- any of the challenging stages

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Dead Sea in Chrono Cross
    Stone Tower Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Spirit Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Wet / Dry World in Super Mario 64
    The Monkey Stages in Yoshi's Island
    Smithy's Factory in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    The Temple Area in Donkey Kong Country
    Phendrana Drifts (Spelling??... errr the Ice "Level") in Metroid Prime

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!