View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Video Game suplement of Trivial Pursuit?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 81.82%
  • No

1 4.55%
  • No - Just Release the Questions in a Book Form.

0 0%
  • Yes -Release Questions in Both Book and Game Form.

3 13.64%

Thread: Trivial Pursuit : Video Game Edition

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Trivial Pursuit : Video Game Edition

Hey everyone whats going on. The reason i am writing this post is because of this. I have been working on a suplement to trivial pursuit that would consist of 3000 Video game questions ranging from past to present. This suplement can be used with any trivial pursuit board. It would just replace the questions. But becuase of the high cost for producing this product i need to know if it is worth finishing. I need to know if there is a demand for such a product and how much people would be willing to pay for such a product. As of now it is tentative but the questions would consist of catagorties such as
    1.Action / Adventure
    Ex. The Origional Legend of Zelda Takes Place in what World?

2. Character History
    Ex. This video game character reciently bypassed Mickey Mouse as the most reconised fiction figure in the world.

3. Early Days
    Ex. The atari 2600 Has had How many FaceLifts? (Different looks)

4. Modern Age
    Ex. These 2 companies were hired to do The Super Nintendo Cd drive but eventually never did?

5. Meet the press. (kinda like guess the company or developer)
    Ex. How many different companies have published a double dragon title?

and more like that (These were just made up off the top of my head) Please if you are interested let me know that there is a demand. Im not saying that i will have this product available tommrow. but i need to know if i should continue with this project. If not as a Board Game , should it be continued on another level such as a book of video game trivia etc.

Thanks in advance.
    If there is a demand it will come....

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if these questions are representative for all of them, but they seem rather hard to me. It sounds like a really cool idea though.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Actually, I find the questions rather easy (except for the one regarding Double Dragon). Anyway, it's a good idea, as long as you mix in the difficulty levels (include both hard and easy questions, so that hardcore and casual gamers alike could play and enjoy it).

I guess you mean that it would be a standalone box of questions, in the style of those boxes that used to be released for Trivial Pursuit (questions that require a full board set to be played)? I suppose you'd try selling it to Hasbro? Only problem if you do: they no longer release questions-only sets (one of my quirks over Hasbro's handling of the Trivial Pursuit property, the other being the fact that they deny the Canadian origin of the game by not having a French-Canadian version of the game made).

Anyway, it's a good idea. Good luck in getting the project going. There were, after all, a great range of topics used for card or board sets in the past: Baby Boomers, RPM (music), Sports, Star Wars, movies... Why not videogames?

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Sounds like a great idea actually!
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this would be a fun thing to have! I would make it a book rather than a set of cards. That way, you could read it in the car on long trips and quiz your friends without a bulky set of cards (that would fall out all over and you would have to pick them up ).

I know that DP runs the Jeopardy quiz at the Classic Gamer's Expo every year. Perhaps he may have a few spare questions for you (or questions used in past years?)
    ~~~ He's a demon on wheels! ~~~ ^_^

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Hasbro isn't interested, maybe you could pitch it to Jellyvision for a video games version of "You Don't Know Jack"...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys for some of the responces. As for pitching it to Hasbro i have tryed and have been told many of times that they do not take public submissions. As for jelly vision for a video game version of you dont know jack that might be a good idea i have to look into that. I also had a recient thought. I wonder if it would be possible to buy the computer version of trivial pursuit and some how edit the questions that they already have in it for a pc Version.

Also as for mixing the hard questions with the easy questions yes i would definetly do that. The questions above were off the top of my head so to some they might seem easy and to some they might seem hard.

If you did think they were easy here are some i had ready to be included into the game. These should be hard to medium. The answer is not always as obvious as it seems.

What video game was the first to use a micro processor?
    What was the first game to use Vector graphics?
    Who was the hero in the Origional Donkey kong?
    How many different Women has mario saved in his time?

if you want answers i can post them but it takes away the fun.
    If there is a demand it will come....

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would be cool. I would finally be able to beat my wife (at Trivial Persuit not physically).
    GET OUT OF THE WALLS CHEATER!!!