Hello everyone. At a local flea market, I spotted an industrial Pioneer Laserdisc player. When I asked about it, the seller said he had some more stuff for it in the car. When he returned, he had with him what looked like a Super Nintendo cartridge, but is definitely not like any other one I've ever seen. All the text, except for the spine, is meant to be read with the card-edge facing to the left, as if the cartridge is meant to be plugged into a vertically-oriented cartridge slot. The card edge is thicker than on a normal SNES game, and not quite as wide.

It has the Nintendo logo, and says below it "Power Previews Program Cartridge version 3.0." On a warning note, it says "Not a game cartridge! Use of this cartridge in a game system may damage the system or cartridge." Below the warning note, it says "For use with SBN1 Controllers and SBN1K Keypad PC boards." It has a NOA part number of 28884, and the spine states "Program Copyright (C) 1993 by Visual Database Systems and Nintendo of America. All rights reserved." In place of the usual warning sticker, is a white label which says "Other Side Up."

Along with the cartridge, there was a CD-ROM disc with the Nintendo logo, and the following text: "Nintendo Power Previews Version 20 - English," and a part number of 36359. Needless to say, I'm quite perplexed. Does anyone have an idea what this was meant for? Might it have gone along with the aforementioned laserdisc player (which also came with a patchcord with an 8-pin DIN plug on one end, and a three-pin connector on the other, but I'm not sure if it goes together with the other stuff)? What other hardware might have gone along with this? Thanks in advance.
-Adam