Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action 52 (Genesis)

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Action 52 (Genesis)

OK, I've read the description in the online rarity guide here, can anyone offer anymore insight into this game? Is a loose one really worth $35? How much would a sealed one be worth? I'm asking because I've recently found a seller who has a very large quantity of factory sealed ones for a rock bottom price. And I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to clean him out of them for resale value or not. Also, I'm wondering how to tell if they're legit? I can't believe this guy has so many of them in this condition, and I'm about to enter the haggling stage with him, so I need to know more about them before I close any deals with him. I don't wanna get stuck with cases full of useless junk. Is this something that anyone else around here would be interested in buying?
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I paid $5 for a bootleg that looked like a boxed original. 3 weeks later I paid even less for a loose+manual original... both on ebay.com.au.

Obviously if you obtained several sealed copies the value would significantly decrease, though i find it hard to believe anyone would actually pay $35 for this turd (especially loose). ick.
    Then again, i dont follow american ebay so Ive no idea how much it routinely sells for. I'd check that first if I were you

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Maybe this will help answer your question.

Hooray ginormous URL!

30 days of eBay, no auctions for the Genesis version of Action 52. Yeah, it's worth $35. There is one presently in the active auctions with a BIN of $50, which hasn't been bitten on because it's a little too steep. Yeah, it's worth $35.

So let me ask you this, the info on the online guide is pretty thorough:
    http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=6820

What kind of additional info do you want to know about the game? I'm curious because I'm always trying to make our online resources answer these kinds of everyday questions.

Edit by Yash - URL breaky formatting

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man if you get those I would try to buy one from you. I would trade fro something in an instant. Keep us posted.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hope you weren't watching this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Actually, there are 3 more available so get them NOW while you can!

Hooray ginormous URL!

A sealed one recently went for about $75 to $90 recently. I won't get greedy. I only took the one I need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I was basically just wondering if it would really be worth investing in a large quantity of these. The guy says that he has about 50 of them. But I have no idea how I would know a bootleg from an original, nor do I know what sort of questions I should ask him to find out if what he has are indeed originals and not bootlegs. He claims that they are not bootleg copies. I just asked him if he has any in unopened cases, so I'm awaiting his response. If he does, then I'm especially interested in what I should know about the cases, if this information is available. How many come in a case, are there any specific markings that I should look for on a case, etc. He seems like he'll be willing to cut me an even better deal on multiple copies, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can before I start looking for ways to come up with enough cash to clean him out, or at least to buy enough from him to get rolling.

That's gonna be my biggest problem. I don't know if I can get a loan for them all from any of my friends or family or not, but obviously if these really are legit and I can sell them for only $25 apiece, I could make a very nice profit on these. Yes, he really is asking that little for them. In fact, he wants more for the shipping on them than he does for the games themselves. So of course that's another reason why I'm quizzing him about buying them in volume. I haven't expressed my interest in cleaning him out to him yet, but depending on what he says next I may ask what he wants for all he's got.

But like I said, I don't want to go deep into debt to clean him out, only to find that I've gotten stuck with a bunch of worthless bootlegs or a ton of junk that no one is interested in buying. I searched all over ebay, and all I found was that one overpriced ratty looking loose copy for $50. I know that it isn't worth $50, but I was wondering if a genuine factory sealed one was. Because if I could sell these for that much on ebay then I really would be able to make a very nice profit on these. I'd have that $500 factory sealed Radiant Silvergun that I've been wanting in notime! So if this is the real deal and I can actually move these for whatever price proves to be the magic number, it would be totally worth it to me to take a bunch of junk to a pawn shop or something for the money I need to clean this guy out ASAP.

And therein lies the problem. That's about the only way I know of that I could come up with the cash I need to get rolling, and I certainly don't want to pawn a bunch of stuff so I can get these only to end up losing what I pawned over it. And I'm not even sure that I have anything I can pawn for enough money to clean this guy out. Which means I may have to do some real fast talking amongst friends and family, and you know how that goes. If I can't sell them so I can pay back whoever I end up borrowing the money from, I'll never hear the end of it. It would become known as the great screwup. And I'll be very lucky if any friends or family are even willing and able to help, if I have to go that route. I doubt I can even afford to clean him out. But I do want to try, if they're legit and I really can make a profit.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire

Hooray quoting ginormous URL!

A sealed one recently went for about $75 to $90 recently. I won't get greedy. I only took the one I need.
    That seller probably got those from the same guy. Hence the need for haste!

Get BIT!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by esquire

One more ginormous URL!

People who list their eBay stuff incorrectly ALWAYS get burned like this!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Default action 52

Yo

I'm sure the multi-cart factor can make it a little more interesting on eBay but in all honesty the games are pretty lame. Some people just hate it. My kids like it and I would actually recommend it for an 8 year old though.

VJ

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    I have no idea how I would know a bootleg from an original
    Bootleg = plastic sega case, crappy photocopy insert and sega style cart. If its sealed and your not getting them from thailand then theyre more than likely real.

Why couldnt someone turn up a case of darxides instead of this stinker :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatescape
    Bootleg = plastic sega case, crappy photocopy insert and sega style cart. If its sealed and your not getting them from thailand then theyre more than likely real.

For real! But thanks for the info!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatescape

Come to think of it, the one that went for $75 to $90 sealed was in a plastic Sega case. If that was a bootleg, I am sure the buyer is going to be extremely disappointed.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Action 52 (Genesis)

I can't believe this guy has so many of them in this condition, and I'm about to enter the haggling stage with him, so I need to know more about them before I close any deals with him.
    Quite possible acctualy. I bought 5 copies of Action 52 for NES from one seller. 4 was factory sealed and one was in mint condition.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

When you get em, shoot me a PM man, I'd like to take one off your hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

if you get them and someone only needs a loose cart, ill take the box and instructions to go with my loose cart Genny Action 52
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

Damn, I missed a BIN for one of those. Some guy bought at least 3 of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluteg
    Damn, I missed a BIN for one of those. Some guy bought at least 3 of them.
    Gee, I wonder why? Even more so, if whoever is selling them on ebay right now is getting them from the same guy, I wonder why he isn't asking more for them? Maybe he has no idea how much they're really worth either? This is why I was asking about it here, it all seems too good to be true to me. I know it's possible they're legit, but at those kinds of prices it doesn't seem likely. And the guy I'm dealing with sounded like he would hook me up with what he has for even less than that apiece. Which really makes me wonder. How can they be so cheap if they really are the real deal, even on ebay too?

Get BIT!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How can they be so cheap if they really are the real deal, even on ebay too?
    If the seller has a whole case of the things and doesn't have any video game collecting knowledge, then to him, he's just got an entire case of some crappy old worthless game. That's why they're cheap.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ClubNinja
    How can they be so cheap if they really are the real deal, even on ebay too?
    If the seller has a whole case of the things and doesn't have any video game collecting knowledge, then to him, he's just got an entire case of some crappy old worthless game. That's why they're cheap.
    Yeah, but where would a seller find someone to sell a whole case of them for that cheap? I know where I can get them from, but where is my source getting them from? And if that guy on ebay is getting them from a different source, where is he getting them from? There can't be that many sellers who have no idea what they're really worth! That's why I'm afraid they're actually fakes. Otherwise, my source and that guy on ebay are both total dumbasses. And whoever they got theirs from were total dumbasses too. That's alot of total dumbasses selling an alleged legitimate original recently! I'm not saying that it isn't possible that an old warehouse of them was found recently or something, but that's just it, if that's what happened, then how can they really be as rare and valuable as they're supposed to be right now? Too many of these going for dirt cheap like this will kill their rarity, won't it?

Get BIT!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

What about the guy that found all those unopened Alladdin Deck Enhancers and sold them on ebay for years. Those were legit but he knew the value and considering this guy selling Actions 52s seems to be only selling jewelry and lead testing kits its doesn't appear he knows their value. Maybe he looked at the completed auctions and didn't see any others and thought they were worthless.