Thread: anyone else really liked pro wrestling for the nes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default anyone else really liked pro wrestling for the nes?

i loved this game.next to zelda,it was all i played for a long time.it was the best wrestling game released in north america until wcw /nwo world tour for the n64.it had all the cool moves(piledrivers,back suplex)and the wrestlers were cool themselves(especially starman and giant panther).plus,each wrestler had a move or two that they could only use.once you won the vwa championship,you had to defend the title 10 times,and then you were awarded a title shot at the vwf champion,the great puma.man,he was hard to pin,most people just beat him by countout.i always wanted to play as the great puma,but ever after defeating him and beating the game you never could(only letdown i had about the game).the two player mode also was great,as me, my brother and a few friends would get together we would play for hours.so,does anyone else dig this game as much as i do,or have any warm fuzzy memories about playing it?
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like Pro Wrestling.

You can also pretended that King Slander(sp?) was Ric Flair and Great Puma Hogan.

Starman always have the greatest move and it's over with the crowd !
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/prowrest.htm

You should read this if you haven't already. Best. Review. Ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's my favourite wrestling game of all time I miss the old days when sports and wrestling games didn't use licensed leagues so they had to make up goofy/hilarious characters themselves.

WCW is the only other quality wrestling game on NES, but it pales in comparison to the greatness of Pro Wrestling. I love the music too.

Has anyone here beaten Puma by pinning him without the use of a turbo-enhanced controller? I beat him on a count out once using a standard controller, but pinning him is next to impossible.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Starman's "Flying Elbow" is the funniest wrestling move ever.

Between the flying elbow animation and the fact that the other guy just drops to the ground, makes for some "Grade A" comedy.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have good memories of this game too,i haven't played it in a while, i think i will tonight.
    I have the NES and Fami cart,the NES cart is one of the first games i had back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    It's my favourite wrestling game of all time I miss the old days when sports and wrestling games didn't use licensed leagues so they had to make up goofy/hilarious characters themselves.

WCW is the only other quality wrestling game on NES, but it pales in comparison to the greatness of Pro Wrestling. I love the music too.

Has anyone here beaten Puma by pinning him without the use of a turbo-enhanced controller? I beat him on a count out once using a standard controller, but pinning him is next to impossible.
    i have pinned great puma using kin korn kahn,i just kept giving him karate kicks until i wore him down,then just kept piledriving him.i must of piledrove him at least 10 times,but i did pin him.i was very,very good at this game,and would play it for hours and hours.i still have my original copy,i think i will play it tonight.i doubt i will be able to pin puma now though .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniperCCJVQ
    I like Pro Wrestling.

You can also pretended that King Slander(sp?) was Ric Flair and Great Puma Hogan.

Starman always have the greatest move and it's over with the crowd !
    yep,i always pretended that king slender was ric flair or kerry vonerich and giant panther was hulk hogan,and kin korn kahn was killer kahn.starman kicks ass.he would do his "flip kick" or that mexican hammer move,and there would be a small cheer noise after the move was done.i really wish nintendo would make a new prowrestling game for the cube or gba/ds,with those old wrestlers and some new fake wrestlers.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gamelord2000

yep, starman is the man! Pro Wrestling is my favorite NES wrestling game, but Tecmo World Wrestling comes a close second though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

This is, without hyperbole, my favorite wrestling game ever.

I only beat the Great Puma once, and that was with Starman. His Flying Cross Chop move is actually really damned useful. I just kept running around the ring like a headless mofo and bounded into the opponent with an FCC whenever I got an ample shot, and I just kept doing this until I could pin my opponent.

Embarassing question time: Is there any practical way to win a grapple over your opponent, or do you just press the buttons rapidly in hopes that you'll slam you opponent before he does the same to you?
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GimmeSomeReggae

What?!

No love for The Amazon?! He was the BAD BOY of "Pro Wrestling."

I loved his little "I didn't do shit, Ref!" animation after his special moves.

Also, can ANYBODY pull off Fighter Hayabusa's "Back Brain Kick" successfully?! I can NEVER get it to work.

-A Boy
    Hmph.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

A. Under Starman, the Amazon is my second favorite wrestler. He actually generated blood. Blood! BLOOD IN A VINTAGE NES GAME!!! Gotta admire that.

2. Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... think I only ever got to connect with the Back Brain Kick once, and I can't remember if that was against a CPU opponent or against a "ghost second player". It's a pretty useless attack, I gotta say.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just can and never could get into it. I usually played WWF Wrestlmania instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A Boy
    What?!

No love for The Amazon?! He was the BAD BOY of "Pro Wrestling."

I loved his little "I didn't do shit, Ref!" animation after his special moves.

Also, can ANYBODY pull off Fighter Hayabusa's "Back Brain Kick" successfully?! I can NEVER get it to work.

-A Boy
    yes,i can pull of fighter hayabusa's back brain kick.when the wrestler your fighting is down,stand in an angle,and when he gets up,push the button and...BAM!!successful back brain kick.you even get the small cheering sound byte after you crack him in the head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Can you really say Pro Wrestling was a better game than Tecmo World Wrestling? Nostalgia is one thing, but TWW has it beaten hands down on every other level, from the training mode to the play by play (!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar
    Can you really say Pro Wrestling was a better game than Tecmo World Wrestling? Nostalgia is one thing, but TWW has it beaten hands down on every other level, from the training mode to the play by play (!).
    yes i can.pro wrestling is a better game then tecmo world wrestling.there,i said it i just always had more fun playing pro wrestling then tecmo.i like the wrestlers better.come on,how does rex beat from tecmo world wrestling even compare to the original bad boy of wrestling,the amazon?tecmo world wrestling had some funky wrestlers,like dr.guildo(i think that was his name).i will admit temco world wrestling has very good gameplay,and the close up cinema's when you would do the moves when you got the health down on the wrestler you were fighting were cool too.the play by play guy kinda sucked,in my opinion,i would have perfered the black bar of text gone,and more of the in ring action on the screen.but there both great games,i just perfer prowrestling,and i believe that pro wrestling was the greatest wrestling game ever released in north america until wcw vs nwo world tour came out for the n64.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never played the Tecmo game... To be honest I missed pretty much the entire NES era (in college -- poor & busy).

But, I have many fond memories of playing Pro Wrestling with my little brother. Definitely loads and loads of fun.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoMan
    I just can and never could get into it. I usually played WWF Wrestlmania instead.
    i hate those NES WWF games. i like this 'pro wrestling' game but my personal favorite for the NES is 'tecmo world wrestling'...