Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** Upcoming Nintendo DS Game Previews *** (56K warning)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default *** Upcoming Nintendo DS Game Previews *** (56K warning)

With all the talk about how poor the DS's software library is at the moment, it's quite depressing but never fear the games are here!.......well almost

Heres a few of the up and coming games, sorry if my previews arent very helpful.

Another Code

Another code is an adventure game which has you begin on an Island were you must search for your father. The stylus will be used most of the time in the game as its a type of point and click adventure game, but instead of the characer moving to were you tap the stylus, the screen will scroll towards you, if im not mistaken.

Animal Crossing DS

This game needs no introuduction. It will be quite similar to the Gamecube version, however is now played on a 3D sphere instead of a flat surface. You will also be able to choose form a number of hats for your HUMAN character to wear, and the game will also be online. Expect a much more customisable and involving experience.

Gyakuten Saiban DS (working title)

An interesting title which has you play the role of an lawyer and you must gather evidence and take part in a court trial. There is a much more involving story but I dont want to ruin it for you.

Hands-On: Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt

Everyone who has bought a DS of played the demo of this game and would of had a taste of what is to come. The demo was mighty impressive and you can expect more weapons, more enemies, more levels and maybe a few more modes. (online perhaps?)

Mario Kart DS

Footage of Mario Kart DS was shown recently and looks very impressive. Seems to have the same gameplay of prevous Mario Karts, however the focus has gone back to a more N64 style of gameplay which is a good move IMO. A few enhancements are present as well as a handy overhead map on the bottom screen. Much more info is expected at E3.

Nanostray

Nanostray is a 2D space shooter with 3D graphics (cant confirm the 2D part), and has impressive graphics. Co-op, as well as an online scoring system on the developers website ensure much fun to be had. Upgradable weapons as well as 10+ levels point to this game becoming a hit...hopefully.

Super Mario Bros DS

A dream come true for 2D mario fans since a new sidescroller mario game will be coming out thanks to Nintendo. Im not certain wether this is a simple remake or a whole new game, but it does looks very different as video clips have shown the ability to increase Mario's sise to great proportions.

Need for Speed Underground 2 DS

EA's new DS racer certainly looks the part and it seems that a lot of effort is going into it, with an exlusive game mode and the ability to design (paint) any design you wish using the stylus.

Castlevania DS

Castlevania DS is the official sequel to Aria of Sorrow and will remain with a 2D presence which is good to see. The DS's microphone and touch screen will come in to play but not that much. It will be possible to trade souls with other DS's thanks to the DS's wireless abilities. Looks like another quality addition to the Castlevania library.

Lost In Blue

Another adventure game were playes find there character shipwrecked on a deserted island after an accident at sea. You will than come in contact with a girl and your adventure begins. The touch screen will come into play during challenging minigames and puzzles.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I'm glad for this! I just bought a DS this weekend, and they no longer come bundled with the Metroid demo. Those of you who got it at launch should feel pretty good about that.

I'd also like to add that Yoshi's Touch and Go comes out TODAY for those who are interested.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellant previews. Can't wait for my DS to arrive, should be here on Wednesday I hope Got a super deal on it
    wahooo
    Currently collecting Amiga games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell
    I'm glad for this! I just bought a DS this weekend, and they no longer come bundled with the Metroid demo. Those of you who got it at launch should feel pretty good about that.

I'd also like to add that Yoshi's Touch and Go comes out TODAY for those who are interested.
    Along with Pokemon Dash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

i have metroid preordered...but im still not that excited about anything....this system just isnt doing it for me

hopefully my psp will get a lot more interest than my ds is getting right now
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fantastic post Ernster. I bought two of them on ebay recently (through a very low but-it-now option) and got them this weekend. My girlfriend and I wasted the entire weekend excercising the wireless games and completing the two games without wireless capabilities: Sprung and Feel the Magic.

Feel the Magic is an exceptional title utilizing the microphone and touchscreen to great effect. It is dinstinctly Japanese which just explains some of the off-the-wall challenges in the game. It is, so far, quite replayable as additional features are unlocked even after you beat it.

This games leads me to a big concern though, can we replace the touchscreen overlay? It takes quite a beating especially in Feel the Magic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have already heard of all these but thanks for posting all the previews anyways!! Looks GREAT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

Another Code, Lost in Blue, and Gyakuten Saiban DS look especially cool to me. They look *gasp* original and not a sequel or rehash of an old title.

I still have high hopes for this system once the games start flowing.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awsome! i need some new games badly!
    Support Medical Marijuana

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

Quote Originally Posted by methuselah
    This games leads me to a big concern though, can we replace the touchscreen overlay? It takes quite a beating especially in Feel the Magic.
    I'm not sure but I hope so. I've been taking very good care of my DS and Feel the Magic and Wario Ware have made the center of my touch screen look bad. You can't tell when a game is playing but it still bothers me. Those screen protectors are absolutely worthless pieces of shit, it's nearly impossible to get out all the air bubbles, it makes the touch screen blurrier and no matter how you put it on the screen it still NEVER fits right.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Bluteg
    Quote Originally Posted by methuselah
    I'm not sure but I hope so. I've been taking very good care of my DS and Feel the Magic and Wario Ware have made the center of my touch screen look bad. You can't tell when a game is playing but it still bothers me. Those screen protectors are absolutely worthless pieces of shit, it's nearly impossible to get out all the air bubbles, it makes the touch screen blurrier and no matter how you put it on the screen it still NEVER fits right.
    Do what I did--buy the $15 replacement plan. Wait until day 363 and replace the thing. This will extend your battery life too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamegirl79
    Another Code, Lost in Blue, and Gyakuten Saiban DS look especially cool to me. They look *gasp* original and not a sequel or rehash of an old title.

I still have high hopes for this system once the games start flowing.
    I totally agree. My fears upon seeing the intial lineup for the DS was that Nintendo would fall into the Gamecubes rut of only making games that are sequels/remakes of popular titles (mario, zelda, metroid, etc). These two adventure titles, while not normally my cup of tea, show that Nintendo may have finally realized they need new franchises and new game ideas instead of novel hardware.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another Code (I liked plain old "Another" better. Whatever..) looks awesome. I can't wait to try it out.

Animal Crossing, hell yeah! The main reason I don't spend much time with my Cube version is because I can't play it and watch TV. With this, I will be able to easily pick it up and play. AND if it's truly online, in that we can visit peoples towns across the country or world (Crosses fingers) it'll be even better. Who needs Email??

Metroid Prime: Hunters piques my interest. I recently got into Metroid after 17 years of ignoring it and after I finish off MP (I just beat MetaRidley) and run through MP2, I'll have to try this one out.

Mario Kart DS will kick ass. I hope they put a rear view mirror down at the bottom too. Other than that, I can't wait.

Nanostray looks awesome. I just hope it's not too hard. I can never pass level 4 in Ikaruga, I hope Nano lets me at least get that far.

New Super Mario Bros. is hopefully what I've dreamed of for years. I can't wait for E3 to see more about it.

Lost in Blue is new to me. It looks intriguing though.

As for Touch and Go, I really want it. But does anyone have it yet? What's it like? It looks awesomely unique and I hope it's great. How much though? If it's more than $30...

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Another Code sounds like Myst. That sounds pretty interesting. Ill pick that up.
    The new Mario Bros...Im REALLY excited about that. Thats the main reason I kept my DS after I bought it. Im really unhappy with it ATM.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Umm you do realise that Lost in blue is a remake/seaquel of survival kids on gameboy color.

Fantastic game is survival kids, hope the ds version is just as ggood.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"lost in Blue" will own me.

Watch THIS video(note: If you get directed to an ad just hit "back"-button) ......I NEED THIS GAME.It looks fantastic

and "Another Code" too
    this law-thingy game looks interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lost in Blue seems a lot like Ico. Young boy leading the young girl through a place neither one knows a thing about.

Cool!

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking forward to Lost in Blue now. If it lives up to the potential I can see in these videos, that may just be the push I need to go buy a DS.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll add some games and kewl hardware:

Polarium (Puzzle):
    Highly addicting puzzle game(already out here in eu).Also a budget-title.

Meteos
    With a Famitsu score of 38/40(!!) and an average IGN-reader score of 9,8 it already became one of the best(if not THE best) puzzle games known to human mankind."Meteos","Zookeeper" and "Polarium" already make the DS a system not to miss for puzzle-addicts.

Advanced Wars DS
    Finally coming to the system it belongs.Command your troops perfectly via the stylus and fight wars against other DS-owners

Bomberman DS
    As you see Bomberman DS makes use of bith screens as battlefield which is a nice feature when battling against 15 other people. and believe it or not:
    You can even controll the game via the microphone!

Touch!Kirbys Magic Paintbrush
    Almost similar(gameplay-wise) to "Yoshi" -touch game

Sonic
    Not much is known about the game.Too bad(or good?) that it will be 3D.

Space Invaders Revolution
    BadaBOOM! Promises to have many new features and gamplay-modes

Ganbare Goemon
    Beautiful 2D graphics.Gotta watch this Video.

Pac-Pix
    Weird "game" which makes excellent use of the stylus.
    Please watch these videos.

Jam with the band
    Music game which also scored great in Famitsu

Jump Superstars
    One of the games I can't wait for!
    Fight against and with the "stars" from Dragonball, One Piece and other manga shows in best "SSB-Melee" tradition.

I'm praying for a western release.

Hardware-add ons:

"Play Yan" Multimedia Player(only Jap yet)
    The official Nintendo gameboy media player.
    • Multimedia audio & video player for your GBA™ and DS
    • Supports SD memory cards for data storage
    • Supports playback of MPEG4 and MP3 music files
    • Allows playback of freeware mini games (downloadable from Nintendo's website)
    IGN review

GBA Movie Player (also works for DS)
    Another multimedia player but this time "third party" produced.
    I have this one,so here is a mini-review:
    This device uses the cheaper(but bigger) Compact-Flash cards and NOT the SD cards like the Play Yan.This makes it also a bit big(about twice the size of Play Yan).It comes with 2 software dics which contain several converters and a player.In order to play movies and music on the "GBA Movie Player" you have to convert the movie file(U can convert every format:MPEG4,Mov,AVI....anything) or music file to a format which the GBA/DS understands(GBA and GBS files).This works without problems and I was pretty impressed by the picture-quality and sound-quality(especially on the DS...awesome).After you converted your files u put them on the flash card and DADA watch movies and listen to music "on the GO".
    But that's NOT all this neat little thing can do.
    You also can play NES/Famicom games thanks to a build in emulator(pocketnes).The size of the games is limited(~190kb) but there's already a hacked version of the emu which allows up to 256kb.
    All you have to do is putting the emu and all the roms(unzipped) you want to play(I have about 50 games on my card...next to movies etc)onto the card...that's all!
    The player itself is booting a menu which let's you choose between "Watching Movies","Listen to Music","Play FC games","Look at pics/photos"(you put on the card) and "Read books"....yeah u can even read "e-books" with it cause it takes every txt* file without probs.
    So I highly recommend this player cause it's much cheaper than the official one and can do more things.The only minus is that the picture quality of the official one is slightly better.
    Get it here (import only yet)

Over and out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Advance Wars DS? Consider me sold. Once that and Animal Crossing come out I'm a start saving pennies.