Thread: Lookie here what's under your tree....an Odyssey Adventure!

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lookie here what's under your tree....an Odyssey Adventure!

Just in time for Christmas, here ya go, a full cover-to-cover scan of a 1982 issue of the Odyssey Adventure magazine, the official marketing/fan club publication started up by North American Phillips during their swipe at making the Odyssey2 a contender again. I like to share my goodies with everyone, so here it is, read and enjoy.

If anyone else has other issues of Odyssey Adventure and a decent scanner, let me know - I'm hoping to reproduce the entire run of the magazine but I'll need some scanning help from other collectors. But for now, Merry Christmas - and trust me, once that Pick Axe Pete cart comes out exactly 20 years ago this year, it's gonna knock your socks off!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

That's awesome, Earl! I've got three Odyssey Adventure mags - two that you don't have - and I know Sean Kelly has them all. How can we help?

I've got some scanning projects on my list of things to do - the first one being the Columbia House Video Club flyers. I scanned one in (they're in the "Screen Shots Etc" portion of this site) but haven't gotten to the other 3.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got a couple of e-mail addresses with fairly big file attach capacities that are good for that sort of thing; whenever you can get around to scanning that stuff in, just send me the big honkin' raw files and I'll contrast, size-adjust, color-adjust and (if need be) reconstruct from there. Since we semi-frequently do things like show official documents on the air at work, I've learned a trick or two about making things look just like new instead of like the fourth-generation faxes we usually get.

At any rate, there's no hurry, but when you get scanner-happy next, those other issues would be fantastic and will be promptly shared with the rest of the world. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a quick note to announce that - much to my surprise, and a couple of years ahead of schedule - the Odyssey2 Adventure Archive is complete - all seven issues! Go check 'em out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Very cool! I never was into the O2. Hell, I didn't KNOW about it until the mid 90's when I was at the height of my collecting. Always neat to read stuff like this. I like the phrase from the first issue: "The public is more knowledgable about computers and video games than ever." This was back in 1982 and while the author is right, I still have to chuckle.