Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAHAT AN ABSOLUTE EBAY MORON !!!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WAHAT AN ABSOLUTE EBAY MORON !!!

you may have read my post moaning about not recieving stuff from the US. and one person in partuicular going by the ebay name DONKEYKONG75, sounds like a gamer/collector (usualy sensible) sells 10 ODYSSEY2 games which I win hurahh in this auction
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

So I get an invoice stating
    donkeykong75 ( 80 )

Item Title Qty. Price Subtotal
    Lot of 10 Odyssey2 video Games sealed Vintage 1978 1979 (8171470341) 1 US $10.00 US $10.00

Postage and packing via Standard Int'l Flat Rate Postage: US $14.00
    Postal insurance: (not offered) --
    Seller discounts (-) or charges (+): Add

Seller Total:
    ( ) US $ 24.00

and promptly sent paypal payment of $24 as requested $10 item and $14 for international postage..

a few weeks go by, no sign of stuff, mail her to check all got posted ok (it says flat rate post so I dont know if air or surface) no reply, another week goes by and the seller becomes a "NARU" with ebay so I get a bit more concerned. I mail again but its coming up to the thirty day claim back on "not recieved goods" with paypal so after a couple more days with no reply, I think bugger it and file a dispute. just to be on the safe side before the time runs out. that way if the seller replies we can still sort it out and I can cancel the dispute..

the seller takes offence at this and does a refund(pending) mustnt have any money in the account. with this note

Note from Seller:
    Don't bid on an item if you can't afford to pay for shipping .I will report
    you to ebay .Thank you .Good day .
    WTF..
    1. clearly I paid postage at thier pricing $14
    2. obviously they still have not sent it and its been 1 month
    3. she never made any claim that the price she listed as post cost was inssuficient
    4....REPORT ME TO EBAY... dificult for a friggin NARU to do !!!

is it me ?
    http://www.videopac.org The Worlds only dedicated Videopac & Odyssey 2 forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wierd

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just sent her this

Thank you for your comments.

so obviously despite two mails asking for proof of posting the fact is you havnt sent this item at all, did it not make as much money as you wanted ?

The only reason I filed a dispute with paypal is that you only have 30 days to do so and we were approaching that time with you, not responding to my mails.

now please explain your comment !!!

final price $10
    your standard internation post cost (as provided by YOU!) $14
    total on invoice $24

paid to you by paypal $24
    refunded(pending) by you from paypal $24

at what point did I "you can't afford to pay for shipping " ????

and at what point did you "make any notification that despite them being the figures you requested.." were they inssuficent for post costs ???

what was the $14 you asked for ?

you may be unaware but ebay now own paypal and our entire transaction can be viewed by them and thier disputes team, so feel free to report me.

so, you had my money, and you had my items, and you had no intent on contacting me ever again.

that description fits one kind of person.. a thief.

now so lets put the peices together, your NARU'd on ebay with 100% feedback which means you simply havnt paid your sellers fees.

you dont have sufficient funds in your paypal account to do a refund since its pending

you aint sent my items that youve been paid for.

if it was simply the case that you currently coulnt afford to send the item yet, you should have mailed me, I would have waited, infact I'd have proably sent you a loan to send tehm.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

further update, today , miraculously I get 4 mails from this person 3 saying this

Check the dates .they don't lie mr Page .

Note: forwarded message attached.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you Yahoo!?
    Make Yahoo! your home page
    To: yellowbird_25@yahoo.com
    Subject: Fwd: URGENT!!!!!!!! Re: Your invoice for eBay purchases - item #8171470341, Lot of 10 Odyssey2 video Games sealed Vintage 1978
    Sent: 18 March 2005 13:21:48

Note: forwarded message attached.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you Yahoo!?
    Yahoo! Mail - now with 250MB free storage. Learn more.
    To: lurpak@hotmail.com
    Subject: URGENT!!!!!!!! Re: Your invoice for eBay purchases - item #8171470341, Lot of 10 Odyssey2 video Games sealed Vintage 1978
    Sent: 27 February 2005 18:32:36
    Hi .. I justy realized that ur adress is overseas ..a package going to United kingdom at this weight is going to cost 45.00 .... please send me the extra 31.00 please so that I may send this item out please...it's all packed and ready to go .thank you ..

youll see that the top one she has accidentally left her own email address in the "TO:"
    where she has sent a mail from another account to herself and then changed the details to look like she sent it to me

theres also this one so I get a total of 4 mails today, seems shes keen to corrospond now !!! :-

Mr Page .I sent out mutliple emails to you stating that I totaled shipping of 14.00 because as it states that was in united states only .you are overseas and therefore will need mopre shipping ..and I requested the amount and never received a reply from you .Now your money has already been refunded .Please do not come at me again with I cannot afford it stuff .Your package has been sitting here packed and ready to go since day one .Im sorry we couldnt finsih this transaction .but like it clearly states on my auction , You hvae 10 days to pay or I will relist and leave appropriate feedback .Now you can still purchase this if you like before i do so .Please let me know .thank you
    er.. it states sellers standard international rate !!! .. what a moron !!!
    so guys that asside, can you confirm the cost of 10 videopac carts to the UK roughly ?

I just sent her this:-
    I think you will find that despite your claim that the total of shipping was $14 in the states, on checkout your auction says

Postage and packing via Standard Int'l Flat Rate Postage: US $14.00

THATS INTERNATIONAL !!!

so it includes me.

I would have been happy to send more had you informed me,

now I didnt recieve any mail from you and I'll tell you why..

you have just sent a mail to yourself from another account so that the format looks correct, you have then changed the text to read my email address, and a time and date to suit you..

how do I know this, becouse in the first one youve left the mail as addressed to yourself by accident.

so clearly the dates do lie, and so do you.
    yet more damning for her is that the three mails she claims to have sent all contain the same text "Ive just noticed your overseas"
    now surely if she was responding to my mails as she claims they would be along the lines of.

Hi I did already send you an updated price, blah blah !!

not the same mail 3 times !!!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Postage for 10 boxed carts from US to UK would certainly be more than $14. I am not convinced it need be $45 though. I think $30 would be reasonable, at a guess.

For reference, I had 40 boxed Megadrive games posted to me for £30, via UPS, delivered in 2 days.

Vroomfunkel

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ye, I expected more to be hones, however if she was sending surface mail it could have been that cheap, ceratinly from uk to US via surface it would have been around that much by surface.

hey I'd have been happy to pay $45 had she told me... I think she was pissed cos they only sold for $10 and hoped it would go away.

thats olnly £30 total.. still a good price for 10 games

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That seller is a mook.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

What a monkey. You should report her to eBay if she ever gets her account un-NARU-ed.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

That crap pisses me off, she doesn't want to sell it because she only got $24. She is mad because "EBAY and old timey thinga majigies = BIG CASH" and she didnt make the kind of money she wanted. I say F her man, report HER ass to ebay and call it a day. Dont give her a single penny!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$45 dollars sounds stiff for ten carts. 2-day international, maybe. But this obviously isn't the case. I really think some people don't understand basic economics. Auction selling obviously blows their minds completely. I mean, if you aren't willing to sell your stuff because you didn't get what you wanted for it, then start the bidding at the bare minimum you'll truly take.

I sold a bunch of Pole Position arcade parts that ended up going for only 16.95 (the opening bid-and this is easily $50-$70 dollars worth of stuff) to someone in Sweden. And then I misquoted shipping by $30! I never took into account the massive box it all had to safely fit into. But it was 100% all my fault and the seller had agreed to my terms, so I lost $30 bucks. Not really that big of a deal. Just learned to get the shipping part down first-particularly if it is overseas.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From auction;

Bidder will pay shipping and Handling of 14.00 ..If Item reaches a certain unexpected price I will ship this item free ..we will see after auctions end ...Outside of US item will actually cost shipping charges to be determined .

I don't understand, where does it say postage to the UK is 14.00? The way I read it is, postage within the US 14.00, outside the US actual shipping charge to be determined.

It seems to me that he made a mistake, believeing you were a US bidder, he later tried to contact you about it.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes, Ive recently seen that in the decription too, however the part where it says international shipping is in check out.

I never typed in the $14 she did in sellers standard international rate,

thats how much she told me to pay.
    I could forgive a mistake, if she mailed me to ask for some more money instead of waiting until I couldnt claim a refund, then making out as though I had been ignoring her mails.

I mean seriously.. if you send somone $24, you dont ignore them when you havnt recieved your stuff, you'd only end up $24 down.

she actualy said that she replied to one of my mails.. yet then all the mails she then forwarded to me said the same thing with diffrent dates and times... obviously none were replies to "hello its been a while now and I was getting worried about my stuff, can you confirm how it was sent ?"
    if she truly replied it wouldnt be three identicle mails...

furthermore I swear guys, I wouldnt have made all this fuss if she had mailed me..

she made out as if I couldnt afford the post costs.. I think nothing of spending $250 on getting a videopac cart I want.
    hell if my grail shown up I'd pay $2,500 so an extra $31 was not a problem.
    expensive shipping by everyones accounts, but still worth it for the package...not that I would ever deal with this person again.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats fucking annoying Crazy seller.
    Reminds me of one time I bought a NES game on Ebay from a US seller. In the auction it said that the game was "virutaly new in box". I assumed that the manual was also included because when it was new in box a manual was included.

I complained about this and the seller said that he/she would give me a negative feedback in revenge if I gave him/her a negative feedback. I asked which reasons he/she would have to give me a negative feedback, considering I payed fast and everything. I got reply: "Because you are unreasonable or something".

Also very annoying! There are so many bad sellers out there which should seriously find something else to do.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by necavenue
    From auction;

Bidder will pay shipping and Handling of 14.00 ..If Item reaches a certain unexpected price I will ship this item free ..we will see after auctions end ...Outside of US item will actually cost shipping charges to be determined .

I don't understand, where does it say postage to the UK is 14.00? The way I read it is, postage within the US 14.00, outside the US actual shipping charge to be determined.

It seems to me that he made a mistake, believeing you were a US bidder, he later tried to contact you about it.
    That's a great point, except...

The seller sends an invoice to the buyer. "the price to be determined" was poorly calculated. But she clearly didn't respond promptly...remember he filed the complaint because so much time had passed. And his 30-day window for doing so was fast approaching.

But that was a great point. In hindsight, its something the seller should have questioned before sending money. But lurpak cleary shows a good body of evidence that the seller mishandled the situation from the start.

IOW, buyer: completed transaction as agreed
    seller: did not complete transaction as agreed.

Looks like she probably screwed up like I did as described in my previous post.
    She should eat the loss (if any). Ebay works well when you think of the rules and ethics as being clear-cut.
    Legally, lurpak is in the right. In the US (so that means it's probably the same in the UK as we borrowed much our legal system from them) Whatever is in writing is what counts. Or as any lawyer (or Barrister-if that's the right term) will tell you: "If its not written down it didn't happen."

What was written down was $24, which he paid and recieved nothing.

lurpak, maybe for the money you've already sent she can send it to a trusted DP member here in the states. And then they could send it to you for a price that you know is accurate.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for that

her latest reply she sent from her other account (as though that somehow proves that she did send me mails in the past....actually it just proves that it wasnt my hotmail spam settings blocking them !!!)

Does this make you feel better .I was only responding to you under the other name cause it seems you dont like responding to this one .I did not fix any of the emails .U cant change the date and times Mr page .And I forwarded these emails from this name to the other email .Ans then sent them to u ...I am done with you .It seems like you just backed out of a deal and ur a deadbeat bidder .good day .
    and why forward to her other mail address, whynot direct to me ??
    and why cant you change the dates, does her delete key not work ??

and whats with the [space][fullstop][next sentance] ... I'm getting worried... think she could be a bunny boiler .

ach well, If the refund comes through I'll notch it up to experiance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If the auction description itself says that international shipping will be determined after the auction then that says it all for me. I don't know maybe it's just me but I understand that sometimes people just make mistakes, myself included. If I were the seller of this auction and mis-quoted for shipping I'd hope that the buyer would be understanding about it and pay the actual shipping cost. But at the same time I suppose I'd also learn from my mistakes and eat the loss if the customer wasn't willing. If I were the buyer of this lot and the seller made the mistake I'd have no problem paying the actual shipping amont as long as he wasn't trying to jack up the price to a crazy amount. The only thing that I agree with you about is that it sound like the seller did a lousy job of communicating with you about the mistake. But again, I'd probably just let it go, this is the kind of stuff that leads to doublr negative feedbacks and its just not worth it.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont follow your logic ?

1. I was willing to pay extra...they never asked for more, they just sat there on my money. despite two friendly mails asking had they posted. it was only when paypal filed a dispute that they suddenly was able to get mails through to me. and I only did that because they became an ebay NARU

2. the international shipping was determined after the auction finished (AS THE SELLER SENT ME THE INVOICE) I did not put $14 in the shipping option, I went to checkout, drop down menu for shipping options was $14 international. of course I didnt go back just to re-read the auction after checkout and query why international happened to come to the same as US.

fact is, if I hadnt filed the complaint, the 30days would have expired, they would still be ignoring my mails and be $24 up.. the seller then concocts a whole pack of lies to make me out to be the one that backed out.

think rationaly, would anyone send money and then ignore mails from somone who had both thier money and thier goods ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was just saying that everyone makes mistakes and its probably not worth risking a negative over. I did agree that the person did a poor job of communicating.

Either way it doesn't seem to make any difference since the seller is now NARU. They must have had other issues as well. Besides, they can't leave you any feedback at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

You're right... this person is a bit old lying idiot.

No longer registered on Ebay, either...

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atleast it was only $24
    These things happends I havnt recived games from 2 sellers through ebay.
    From one I got returned 50% of what I payed (was like $22, got refund $11) and the other was aroud $32 i think and he doesnt reply on my mails so I gave him negative feeback.

I know its annoying, but I wouldnt waste too much energy over $24
    As mentioned, hes no longer a registered user so most likely you lost the money